/FormThread/

youtu.be/F42CZCePyA4

ROAST ME EDITION:
>Should I deload weight??
My core is too weak and I keep resting bar too much on my back as you can see on these reps. I also don't know if I am getting max gains due to my motion. Should I continue adding weight or focus on form??
>and yes, it is only 1pl8 inb4 kill urself dyel faggit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ydRlva_h5v4&ab_channel=DanPolta
youtube.com/watch?v=mqIxpvhU7gw&ab_channel=DanPolta
youtube.com/watch?v=vOKVmDmR1vs
streamable.com/znzwl
youtube.com/watch?v=KPN0sgryajk&ab_channel=DanPolta
barbend.com/olympic-speed-skaters-workout/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=42rxGYT3cvQ&ab_channel=DanPolta
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wait til your fucking feet are ready before you start squatting, jfc

also, did that feel heavy for you? or could you have repped out a few more? honestly, i'd save lowbar until you get to max weights. warm up with high bar, hit your working and max weights with lowbar, and then back off a few lighter sets with lowbar for practice.

and yes, your core is weak. if you insist on doing all of your reps with low bar, consider working on your shoulder mobility until you can bring your hands in and activate your rear delts/traps to properly rest the bar on your back. it looks like it's just sort of balancing on your scapulae and thoracic spine. also, flare your elbows down, you look like you're going to fly away.

definitely focus on form, but don't be afraid to hit maxes every now and again if you're feeling confident.

thnx user

>low bar
trash

What's with the shaking during your set up? If you have actual weight on your back you are just going to fuck yourself up. Stop it. It even happens during your first rep.

When your starting the squat you're bending over at your hips too much. You want to sit back into the squat, not bend forward into it.

Focus on bracing your core and keeping your chest up as much as possible. This will help with your leaning over at the start of the squat, and also help prevent your hips shooting up and turning your squat into a good morning. See your 4th and 5th reps how your hips move up and the bar doesn't move? Your need to brace your core and keep your chest up to transfer the power generated by your hips into moving the bar.

The most important thing is to stop that shaking during your set up as it's fucking retarded and will only get you hurt.

thats a lot of kgs damn what are those pl8s made of?

I don't see why you are low bar squatting, you are still new to squatting and you should learn to high bar first, but you also look like you fit a high bar squat much more than low bar your torso is fairly long from this angle

is this the first good morning/squat combination lift ever filmed on camera?

You're leaning too far forward. It gets worse at the end of your set. You're probably lfting to heavy.

This: And squat fucking lower

Hahahah, I go to that TheGym, faggot.

Next time I see you I’ll bring a squat plug so you can make the most of your 70kg.

Kill youself

lol

Actually, that’s only 65kg as the 5s have gaps in

he's not going to kill himself with that weight. could've been his last set and his form broke some. he just doesn't need to try and progress very far with the form he has.

work literally every aspect of your mobility, OP. stretch your hamstrings, glutes, quads and heel cords and squat high bar until you git gud.

First of all, that walk out was fucking horrible. Most squat injuries happen during the walk out, so do something like that but with 4pl8's and you could seriously injury yourself. Make sure your feet, body, and the bar are in proper position before walking out.

Secondly, your ascent is poor, as your leaning forward due to a combination of a weak core and what looks to be long legs. This will lead to lower back pain and an inevitable injury. I don't even think you're keeping the bar where it should be, which is on top of a straight line starting from your center feet. You're, again, leaning forward, which is causing the bar to go slightly forward as well, making the ascent more difficult than it has to be. This is why people are going to make fun of by calling it a "good morning".

Third, you're not hitting below parallel (Your hip crease should go below your knees, or at least at them). If you can't go below parallel with that weight, decrease the weight. Ego lifting is not only dangerous, but absolutely fucking pointless, since you would be building more muscle doing proper squats going below parallel with less weight.
>b-b-but I don't want to lift bitch weight!
Yeah, well..... tough.

Also, shave that haircut until you have the muscle to pull it off; it makes you look like the bottom twink for some local bara bear that cums in your ass.

Are stretches in sticky???

Unironically post your video in /plg/ and let them roast/critique you.

IF I'm resetting the weight, should I stop eating at a surplus if I won't be progressing??

Also keeping the haircut rather look a twink than a degenerate

I'm from /plg/ and I squat 5pl8

maybe, i haven't looked at it in ages. if not, then it should be.

get a yoga strap or a long, leather belt. do hamstring stretches, pigeon stretches, couch stretches and heel cord stretches. i always warm up by stretching my heel cords and hip flexors. i always end a workout by stretching literally everything.

keep eating, you twig. if you're going to deload and work on form, then think of it as volume. you'll still make gains, and you can afford a little thiccness on you.

Dude in blue shorts is thicc

Since we're doing form thread, form check on my Arthur Lift?

youtube.com/watch?v=ydRlva_h5v4&ab_channel=DanPolta

>IF I'm resetting the weight, should I stop eating at a surplus if I won't be progressing??
You don't necessarily have to "reset the weight". Just find the weight at which you can keep good form on ascent and start from there; continue eating.

>Also keeping the haircut rather look a twink than a degenerate
As long as you know that your ass if bear property until you get fit.

My rotator cuffs are cowering from looking at that lift. Regardless of the form.

>leddit form checks
>"pretty good man maybe buy these nike shoes"
>Veeky Forums form checks
>"you are pretty much doing everything wrong you weak faggot shit"

love this board

that's why i don't fuck with r/fitness

Walkout:
>Set bar at mid chest height (nipple height)
>take grip on the bar (I use the same grip as my ohp but this'll depend on your shoulder mobility)
>duck under the bar and get it locked in on your back. A 1pl8 differential shouldn't tip you over.
>Get your feet and hips under the bar
>Take a breath and brace
>unrack the bar and take a step back with each foot
>Adjust your foot width if necessary but try to get it right in 2 steps.
>Point your toes slightly outward
Actually squatting:
>breathe into your stomach (your chest shouldn't rise first)
>brace your abs hard, try to push the air down and out your sides and low back.
>pretend a crack in the earth just opened up in between your legs and try to twist that fucker apart (basically generate torque starting at your feet all the way up to your hips)
>doing this should start the decent.
>Once you hit depth try to keep your knees forward until you're out of the hole and drive your upper back hard into the bar.

I don't necessarily recommend deloading since fixing your form should allow you to lift more weight easier. But try to stay away from maxing out.

Form check: Rotational Deadlift
Heel came up when I was setting it down, and it looks like my left knee came out when I was breaking it off the ground. Thots?
youtube.com/watch?v=mqIxpvhU7gw&ab_channel=DanPolta

>rotating deadlift
Wut?
Also closeup of slav tat?

I don’t even know what to say, what are these weird fucky movements?

is it not possible to post gfycat links? trying to post my form but system thinks its spam

Can you fuckers stop with these crossfit shit and just deadlift normally and go heavy?

What strecthes would be recommended to improve shoulder mobillity?? I have double jointed shoulders which can cause problems for lat raises/ bench

Double jointed how?

That shits kinda above my paygrade....

how wide do you grip the bar when you squat? As long as you're not perma-bench-broing it up with your hands all the way out to the collars I'd say you probably don't need to do anything corrective beyond trying to get your hands closer and tucking your elbows into your sides.

Can I get a form check too?
also 1 plate

Did my first session of deadlifting yesterday, and about 2 hours after my session I've had a lot of pain and stiffness in my lower back.

Is this normal for a first time deadlifting, or is it entirely because of an arched back/weak form?

difficult to explain but essentially since I can remember I can crack the joints in each shoulder at will without any pain; but when lifitng heavy this can sometimes cause dislocation which means I fail a set

i think anyway i dno it's difficult to articulate

bring your elbows down into the same plane as your torso

lean forward more. It will put the bar closer to above your mid foot so you see less buttwink at depth

Looks pretty good. Eat more though.

ok, will focus on not flaring elbows like a retard

thank mr skeltal

get a 6 foot pvc pipe from home depot

youtube.com/watch?v=vOKVmDmR1vs

the shit in the second half of the video you can probably do without, but i do stuff like this with a pvc pipe before doing anything with my shoulders.

also, i like getting a light resistance band, stepping on it, and doing external rotation up into a sort of "flex" position like pic related. i couldn't fine a better image, so i apologize. but you'll basically be pulling the band from about hip height up into this position while rotating your shoulder externally.

the more you lift, the more your back and shoulders will develop. i'd just recommend doing this type of shit early. i wish i had this type of knowledge when i first started lifting.

nice

not bad, keep eating

probably just DOMS. if it's sharp, radiating pain, then RIP

It's not terrible. Certainly not as bad as OP's but not a great angle to judge from. You just look like you need to squat more often to actually learn the movement.

You have long femurs and are a skelly so squatting is going to look awkward and the thing that will help your squat the most is eating so that 1pl8 isn't a 1x bw squat.

stop making up lifts

FWIW I've squatted 4pl8 with a fucked up shoulder as long as the bar is stable on your back you should be okay.

That's not to say don't try to get better, more that you shouldn't let the more minor aspects of 'perfect' form get in the way of actually making progress.

Help me aswell pls

was 107,5 kg (little over 2plate?)

Hips rising first, are my abs too weak?
Or my quads?
streamable.com/znzwl

Looks pretty good. Just need to brace your core and keep chest up to avoid your hips shooting up.

Slav tat is actually Nordic. It's a vegvísir. Pic related.
I deadlifted yesterday. Just fucking around today. Here's a set of hack squats for you. Not sure how to get it to stop hitting my hammies
youtube.com/watch?v=KPN0sgryajk&ab_channel=DanPolta
When you widened your stance mid-set, your knees started trying harder to cave. Think about screwing your feet into the ground

what angle should I film from next time? Same as OPs?

thanks guys.
eating oats and milk as we speak
I actually was 15 kg lighter at my worst

You seem to be slowing down at THE sticking point in the squat. This is good since it means you just need to get stronger, not address any particular weakness.

If you feel like your back is doing a disproportionate amount of work you could always try implementing front squats either as an accessory or as a replacement for back squats for a while.

If you know your core is to week. Why would you keep adding weight. ?? That's ridiculous. You could squats with 2 x 25 kg dumbell. Do hip thrusts. barbend.com/olympic-speed-skaters-workout/amp/

do pause squats after your working sets with 1 to 1.5 plates. really focus on a slow, controlled ascent. looks like an issue with sequencing more than anything, like you're rushing.

or you may have just been a little tired and your form broke down. nbd.

Yeah. A side on angle and level with the bottom of your squat is usually best for judging squats. It's easier to see if you're hitting depth, how you initiate the squat (breaking at knees or hips), your back angle and if your hips are shooting up.

look up chris duffin's advice on bracing your core

He isn't showing any signs of having bought a ticket to snap city. Why should he do this?

>know his core is to week (sic)

he's a novice (and from the sounds of it you are too), he doesn't KNOW anything

Maybe someone here can help me:

Lately when i Barbell bench press with arch+ retracted shoulder blades i feel a blunt pain my my right arm when I'm holding the barbell, before I even unrack it, this doesn't happen if I bench with a plain back.

I suspect that I may be pinching a nerve with the movement but I'm not really sure.

>arm
is a very unspecific location, user

>right arm

isn't really specific enough.

Forearm? Elbow? Shoulder? Bicep? Tricep?

Sots Press
You're supposed to start from jerk grip, right?
youtube.com/watch?v=42rxGYT3cvQ&ab_channel=DanPolta

Post butt

Dank

>the virgin walkout
vs
>the CHAD jig

Most of the pressure is in the posterior part of the arm, close to the elbow articulation.

Trying on the ground right now it seems it hurts parrticulartly on one of triceps ends, feeling some heat on the deltoid too.

Kekd and checked

shoulder rehab protocol time. do mobility on your off days.

lifts for your on days:

cuban press
plate halos
face pulls

do these in the 20+ rep range

Widen your grip, and see if it still hurts
Nice digits. Get a load of these.

Looks mostly good
Knees were caving in a bit near the end might add some extra quadricep exercises to your routine
Also eat
Eat more

OP here still lurking and my word i kekd to high heaven

god help me

I don't really have off days, I'm on a 6 days PPL.
About those lifts, should I do it before or after my normal routine?

I'll try that next time.

Looks alright desu :3

The weight is enough that you're stimulating, and you're not breaking form. Keep it up. Don't go too over 5lbs on your next squat day

Though that said. Don't keep adjusting your feet/legs before you descend. When that weight gets heavier you could break something. Unrack the weight, then take a step back and do your set, don't shuffle too much.

Maybe add in some weighted hyper extensions and sum ab work if you feel it's getting heavy.

Are you bi? You look cute af ;)

faggot. his shit is all fucked up. low bar is way beyond his skill. rom is at like 60-70 pct. core is weak and unstable. folding like a cheap suit. can’t see his feet but that’s prob fucked too almost looks too wide. also no fags allowed there are enough on this board already. gtfo.
kid reduce weight and work on form. your rom and core sucks. work on core. take your time setting up too, your feet werent even under you on liftoff. you also looked like kramer-all jittery-walking up to the bar. relax

best iso routine then for strengthening core??

>iso
no

Mcgill big 3
planks
farmers walks
squats
deadlifts
ohp

Sounds like doms, which is totally normal. That said, more attention to maintaining an unrounded back definitely won't hurt you. If it's doms the pain and stiffness may abate temporarily if you perform the deadlifting motion under lighter pressure.

kek

kek everyone fell for it

that was a nice spine-twister 1RM

pretty good but you have to be on your tippy-toes, its fine if you put something under your heel as a beginner, it helps you learn form. theres a vid of dmitry klokov doing these as a warm up before worlds 2014, that should help

are these the people giving me advice on Veeky Forums?

First time I've done deadlifts in months. Current 5rm of 180kg, trying to focus on doing the sets properly, as I used to bounce it off the floor to make the next reps easier.

>high bar

You don't have to set the bar down so gently. Especially with bumper plates on a rubber floor. You can just let it fall while you keep your hands on it.

Your hips rise a good 4-6" before you break the bar off the floor. Best to start with your hips in the right place

Shouldn't your hips go downbwhen lowering the bar? Or is this better?

>low bar squat
Why?

yep lmao

literally kill yourself

good form pupper

>mfw thinking of you hurting