25+ Thread

All these insecure teenposters flooding Veeky Forums with their phone apps and highschool feels.

Time for the real adult thread to return. Post about
>Best Shape of My Life™
>New sore body aches
>Life beyond the meme years

>tfwnogf

>have shitty job that I can't live on
>having trouble getting supplementary job in the mean time
>barely make time to go to gym anymore, but hit the home pull-up bar at every opportunity and try to eat right

Posting this while working from home and trading stocks.

Things going much better now that I am older.

>Best Shape of My Life™
It really is, but it's still not enough to not feel like a skinny fat slob trapped in a world of empty hedonism

>in good shape
>have a gf after years of nothing but one-night stands
>just graduated uni last spring
>entry-level job, but it's the first step towards the career I want
>still travel a lot

I'm 27, and the last two or three years of my life have honestly been my best. I used to be jealous of people who had great college years and such, but I feel like I'm only just now starting to head towards my peak and it feels great

Feels like my life has no direction.

>>Best Shape of My Life™
i'm stronger than i've ever been, but i'm probably at my highest bf%. don't know if i could give a fuck since i'm pulling heavy while my blood pressure and HR are still good
>>New sore body aches
if i quit lifting, i will literally die. i cannot handle taking time off anymore, it's just so fucking painful.
>>Life beyond the meme years
these are the peak meme years, user.

anyway, things are good.
>own my own car
>steady, salaried job as a therapist
>gf who cooks for me and puts up with my dumb horse shit
>spend money frivolously without having to think much about it

I'm in my late 20s now & to some degree feel like I've wasted the last decade looking for meaning in women & social development. I never bothered going to university or attempting to get a serious career. I have a low-level job that pays enough to get by, I have no debts, and I'd like to think that my weekly routine is at least allowing me to improve my physical health. But I don't want to drift into my 30s being that Veeky Forums guy with a go nowhere job, who can get laid once in a while but is too much of a misanthrope to hold together a serious relationship. I'm torn - between wanting to figure out some kind of career path I can pour myself into that won't feel like shit, or leaving urban society behind to go live out in nature & continue working on myself.

Fucked two different qts this weekend, yet still feel empy inside.

I can legally post in this thread in 2 months

>live with parents
>under 2k a month job
>no own house, little savings

reee.

are you happy with your job? do you feel like your work is honest?

i mean, the dream is literally to make enough money to live comfortably. if you're doing that much, then you're doing it right. what do you care about having a high profile career for? you're going to die in 60 years, and nothing that you did while you were walking this planet will have had any meaningful impact. most people don't can't name more than a dozen american presidents. don't sweat it, man.

I am & I do. It's a restaurant job, the people are nice, the food is good, and I stay active. Honestly the job itself isn't bad at all, and most of the things I'm genuinely passionate about & want to give most of my energy to (making music, continuously improving my health) don't feel like things I'd want to turn into financial pursuits.

The bigger concern is more just that I've grown to really dislike living in cities. I'd like to think that if I were to move out to a rural area, find another job like the one I have now, and keep up my routines I'd be content. I tried it a few times in my early 20s & would always start feeling like I was missing out, but I'm hoping at this point I'v gotten "wanting to chase pussy in clubs" well & truly out of my system.

Thank you for your words, user.

>25+ thread
What is this? /r9k/?

How many of you guys have ran into a person you went to high school with? Is it strange seeing them act like an adult? A lot of people I see are starting their careers, getting married, having kids, buying homes and going on vacation. And I'm still in school, working a shit job I hate and have no idea what I want to do with my life.

I have never seen a 25 version of pic related.

Let's go! Get to know your fellow oldfags.

i think about this sometimes, and in many ways i feel like i'm sort of behind a lot of my peers. but you have to remember, you're still in your twenties. there's so much pressure to make this mad dash to become legitimate at such a young age. a good many of the people you know are going to make major career changes throughout their lives at varying points. is there an appropriate time to go from career A to career B? no. so why the rush to get to career A in the first place?

you're in school, and if you feel a sense of growth and personal achievement, then you're exactly where you need to be. the job you're working now will become an anecdote in the future when talking to colleagues.

you have so much time in front of you, it's unreal.

He also posts them on /v/ and /tv/ they're usually comfy threads.

>you have so much time in front of you, it's unreal.

it's true, which is why i feel frustrated being around 22-year-old fags who complain about getting old

everyone's frustrated. there's a lot of noise out there, and people perceive this urgent sense of competition at every turn. i get why people feel panicked. even 22-year-olds. i mean, they're technically adults, so why don't they have a robust stock portfolio already? i imagine it's a tough mindset to get out of.

>turn 29 in april
>no job, no education, live with parents
>have cute gf who loves me and keeps me happy
>started SS a couple of weeks ago, running out of money, had to quit bjj
>writing an absolute shit fantasy novel every morning, already wrote a 400pg manuscript a couple of years ago that I could never bring myself to edit because it was so terrible
>have no idea what my future will be but have had extremely high expectations of myself my whole life
>gf is getting fed up staying with me at my parents house
>parents fed up with me and my gf always being here
>applied as a dishwasher, no response
>apply to a physio program in poland, they say they accept people under 26 y/o
>needed to vent a bit
at least I'm making mad gains in SS (it's more like GSLP because I just AMRAP the last set but keep the SS lift schedule)
on tues I did 15 reps at 165 with squat, 12 reps at 205 on diddly and today I did 15 reps at 185 on squat and 12 reps at 225 on DL
sick gains

>25 is now an oldfag
What the fuck happened to this board? The norm used to be around 19-22, "old" people were Scooby Werkstatt and the likes. Christ, pull your heads out of your asses.

GETAJOBGETAJOBGETAJOB

GETEDUCATED

NOW NOW NOW!!!!

Your gf should be frustrated you have fucked up. Be understanding.

Get moving in your career!!!!!from observation of friends who have become dysfunctional this is the thing that is MOST IMPORTANT for development as a man.

MOVE NOW. Applications today go

tfw 22 and feel like im getting old

Will be 28 next month
Been living on my own for little over a year
Job sucks but I get by
No gf but ex roomie swings by and crashes in my bed every couple weeks

>approaching 34
>financially in a very good place (own a home, decent job, etc)
>starting to get in better shape
>no gf though

I started lifting late, around 32 really. It's definitely been good for me as I am stronger than I've ever been, though my cardio's not as good as it used to be (hate running). I've noticed that my body is starting to slow down (can't stay up as late as I used to, can't eat everything I used to, drinking takes a harder toll on me, an so on) so I need to make a conscious effort to stay healthy. I'm not as thin or aesthetic as I'd like to be, but I'm getting there, slowly and steadily. At this point, I want to keep up a good routine to keep myself healthy for my future years. I know that I'm not going to be as strong or as good looking as the young bucks, but that doesn't bother me. Just focus on myself and go from there.

I'm 23 and my birthday is in a month. I feel like I'm no longer young. I'm worried I'm wasting my twenties and I'm becoming terrified at the thought of mortality. I almost feel depressed, and I never feel depressed.

Best shape of my life was either when I ran my marathon in '09 or when I stopped running as much and started lifting right after. I'm currently stronger than I've ever been before, but fat(ish,) so let me cut and get my weekly miles back up and it'll be now.
Also: my right elbow hurts like a sonovabitch from lifting. Am I just getting old anons?

>moved in with gf an hour away from my parents when I was 24
>lived with her for three years
>worked, always planned on going to nursing school, lagged really hard on going
>finally got into school, stopped working, finished first semester
>gf and I break up
>move back in with my parents at 27

I feel like a fucking loser now, but at least in only a little over a year and a half when I have my ADN I'll be making $35+/hr, and then a year after that when I have my BSN I'll be making $50+/hr. Shit can't come soon enough.

Not him but I'm HKV, and never had a gf. I got a job and I feel like shit still.

wait... you can make 35 an hour off 2 years of schooling?

Wtf r u young faggots keking about here

>22-year-olds. i mean, they're technically adults, so why don't they have a robust stock portfolio already?
>That feel when $5m USD in stock at 24
WELP

For 70000 fucking dollarydoos, in California, yes. It's an accelerated nursing program. Pretty fucking hard, but I like it a lot so far. Community college and the arbitrary classes required to even get onto the waiting list for its nursing program makes me want to kill myself.

Me right here. I fee you, brother. Pull-up bar is a God send but I can't help but feel disappointed when I miss out on squats, deads, and benching at the gym.

I think the internet has made people more aware of others 'haves' making everyone feel a lot more like a 'have not'

So people see some guy in their early twenties, who even though its ultra fucking rare having millions and a car, hot gf and house and think to themselves 'oh shit I need to fucking push myself right now and panic my future is over already why cant i compete with that'

Really the internet is the fucking worst thing ever for self development. There is always going to be someone somewhere that lucked out better than you and makes you feel like shit. We dont live in villages anymore where everyone lives in the same pigshit you do and the only difference between you is who has a bit more bread.

>tfw 29
>tfw arthritis in hands, knee pain, hip pain
I feel like life is only going to get worse. i'm in good shape but man, is it tiring

>starting to go bald

i never thought it would happen Veeky Forums, i dont know what to do :(

OP here, this is the most pathetic thread I've seen in ages. What happened to Veeky Forums? 28 here, coasting into a Master's on G.I. Bill, dodging freshman sloots tripping over themselves for an ambitious guy in a school of soylet vidyafags, and making some solid gains after switching from my running twiglife to weights. Making it, lads.

Same place as you, m8. Met a sporty running chick recently as well, will help to get back on track too.

This a million times.

Just finished stretching after work and now I'm about to be on toddler duty. How's the night going anons?

same feel user. I'm 27 though, making great strides at the gym. however If i don't find happiness i'm not planning on living in my 40s. Pains in my hip are keeping me up now, i'm feeling no hope now, like this is it.

what hurts is never having a gf or never being in a relationship plus no friends to boot.

shit sucks. Work feels like hell, i kind of like the job because i'm getting used to it but i'm getting panic attacks thinking about my social life(none)

feels bad man. I'm already in good shape, it's just a struggle to maintain. I'm pretty beat up. Honestly can't imagine how my 40s would feel. I can't stop cause i'm addicted to the grind but secretly I wish that it would just end.

I'm almost 32 and my temples are greying. Not that I care though. I'm almost looking forward to it

Hey bro you more than likely just have some femeroacetabular impingement going on - put your chair so that your knees are above hip height (90 degrees hip flexion or greater), and don't squat very deep. You'll be fine kek

>he almost gave up because of a slightly unfortunate hip morphology

>almost gave up
But I'm still here motherfucker!

53 in less than 2 weeks, OP.

You've got to admit, it's kinda fun to laugh at these idiots.

I'm 20 but I'm not an autistic highschooler.

Started to hit arms daily. Already got half an inch of growth in a week. Probably just inflammation but the vascularity is way up. I will probably continue hitting high rep arms (10x10) EOD for the next few months. See if I can finally get to 19 inches.

>trade school
>sister goes to NYU for film
>go to trade school for construction management.
>start taking classes for engineering.
>only 2 years into school
>already making 50+ per hour in the city.
>Great job, not a lot of stupid women to deal with.
>everyone knows what they're doing and people actually have lives outside of work.

I would do the work alone even just to be with some of these guys. Doesn't even feel like I'm working 80% of the time.

>don't know if i could give a fuck since I'm married

ftfy

>>Best Shape of My Life™
Now, pressing 205 strict @ 220 5'11
>>New sore body aches
my knees are shot from wrestling, and the "squat to fix them meme" is a lie that makes me have to crawl up stairs
>>Life beyond the meme years
married, kids, stay at home dad

>trade school
can you elaborate?

>Community college and the arbitrary classes required to even get onto the waiting list for its nursing program makes me want to kill myself.

what are yuo talking about you said youre already in school

The older i get the less i give a shit.

Its funny watching the ego lifters and young cunts parade around with ILS and small shirts for "massive" arm effect.

I regret getting into a relationship without doing proper homework on the girl first. Living a nightmare atm but once my lisence clears im free to travel an work. Gunna be fuckin tops lads.

I was preempting anyone who was about to call me out for going to an expensive private school instead of toughing it out for longer but cheaper in community college.

what did you do in the 3 years between college and nursing school

>30
I'm starting to make involuntary noises getting in and out of my car. My joints have always popped and cracked but i thinks it's getting worse. I'm hoping it's due to bulk 2018 but we'll see at the end of the year if i live to cut.
Also financially fine. Think I'll stick this work groove for a few years, job is good and no reason to leave.
No wife, no kids. Feels good some days, bad other days.
I feel like I'm also on the clock as far as how good of shape i can get in with what I'm willing to do. We'll see i guess right?
And i used to think the older guys at the gym were a little weird and intimidating, but now I'm one of them and its actually pretty awesome to kind of just talk loudly at each other and get a little obnoxious.

So what do i get to look forward to in 20 years? Its that mid life crisis a good ride, or is it just some weird panic?

Paid off my car and an extremely expensive ticket, cleared my record so I could go to this school.

no i mean like did you work and all that, and what did you do

You situation seems kind of similar to mine in the school/work aspect of things.
>also in California
>goal in college was to go to physical therapy school.
>not many PT schools in America and demand is huge, and I don't have the stats to get in
>still applied twice after college to humor my parents, rejected.
>apply for PT assistant program, there are only like 10 of these in the state as well
> apply to a local community college program that is only $3k a year and I get fucking waitlisted on that
>Now I have to apply again, and outside of community colleges, the other handful of PT assistant programs are at those for-profit private colleges that cost like $30k a year.
>even the PT assistant programs are very competitive so who the fuck knows if ill even get into one of these and i don't know how much longer i can keep doing this, but if i drop physical therapy, i have no clue what i will do

Sometimes I do think about nursing since I've been working in a nursing facility for a few years but I dunno physical therapy just seems better, and I feel like if I even got in, it would just be a waste to have to get another bachelor's again

Oh, yeah, I've been a caregiver for almost six years now. Dementia care and hospice care, mostly.

>rent's gone up 30% in one year
>oy vey it's anoddah shoah
>tour another apt that's cheaper
>wow what a shithole
>too autistic to decline taking an application
>set up an appointment to turn it in tomorrow oh fuck why am I doing this
>have to figure out how to gracefully decline this shit via text message
>turning 30 this year and I'm spending 60% of my after tax income on rent on a studio apartment
best shape of my life though I guess, and I'm getting laid a lot more than when I was younger

move to a city your career can handle and you'll be happier

29; let myself go for the last several years, got back into lifting in October

I'm working up to the heavier compound lifts. OHP is bugging me because college football fucked my shoulder so the joint isn't stable. Otherwise, things are kinda looking up. Lifting helps with most problems, oddly.