Gym

How much do you pay for a gym membership?
Why not invenst in a home gym?
>save money in the long run
>privacy
>play music on speakers
>lift shirtless
>don't need to drive anywhere
>quick shower after workouts
>make a meal after workouts

40 european euro moneys a month. Considering I make under 2k a month, thats quite a lot. I dont have space for home gym.

I don't have space at my home to build one.

8 american dollars per month.
But I live in Mexico, so it isn´t that chip for me.

I pay 30 dollars for a membership to a locally owned gym. I like the company of others being in the vicinity working out. (but please don't interact with me) - the fact that they keep maintenance on everything - that I get to leave my house. (I have anxiety issues and a problem with self isolation) - and idk I just like the experience of going to the gym. I could probably get the same thing if I made a good garage gym. But it takes away from the experience for me.

cheap*

lel

This. I don't have the space, at all.

i already do famalam
despite having very little space

20 euro

36 dollars a month, i live in an apartment and no room for homegym

I had a home gym for 8 years before going to a proper gym.

I always told myself:

>privacy
>play music on speakers
>lift shirtless

Having now been to a gym I can tell you this: you're retarded if you think it's better. GO TO A FUCKING GYM.

I'm the same exact way user. I like going to the gym because it gives me a reason to go out every day. Plus I enjoy the company of other people despite never interacting with them.

$20/mo

>Gym access
>Unlimited free classes
>Unlimited free tanning

Apparently I'm grandfathered into the unlimited plan. I never tried tanning but I'm thinking about it since I'm always so fucking pale and look like shit

I live on my boat. don't particularly want to try squatting during the crazy 30 knot winds we get here so I don't have a choice but to go to a normal gym

>tfw $0
[spoiler]plus 20k/yr tuition kms[/spoiler]

I been working out at my home gym for about 2 years now,been going to the gym where i paid for 4 years and i already paid off my home gym. I keep buying stuff with the money i would spend on the membership fee. Dont have a problem with motivation,still lift like i did before plus i dont have to deal with smelly pigs and cocky dyels

Care to provide reasons, user?

Enjoy your cancer.
>not being ivory
>making it

Pik one

My gym costs $225 a year.

I actually did buy a complete home gym about a year ago. I was sick of sharing dirty equipment with other people. After lifting in my basement for a year the motivation just wasnt there. So i signed back up at the gym, and the motivation is back.

I would invest in a home gym if I had the space. Currently pay $55 CAD a month, which is probably around $45 USD too lazy to check

I play $12 for my gym, its good

No, you don't, really. Check your math
>privacy
>play music on speakers
>lift shirtless
don't feed the autismo
that's a point only if you're living in the middle of nowhere, not if it's within 10 min from home/work/college
not an argument at all, you can have both

PLUS
you don't have to clean
you don't have to perform any kind of maintenance
if something breaks (and something WILL break) you don't have to give a single fuck

if you're a nigger you may even disdain weight re-racking

I pay 17 dollars a month, totally worth it, they always buy new equipment and the bathrooms are clean as fuck

0 because my gf works as a lifeguard there

i pay 6 dollars a month in a fully equipped powerlifter/strongman uni gym. And it's literally a 5 min slow walk from my apartment.

dude what?
i pay 30 dlls a month in slp

$45/month for 24 Hour Fitness includes cardio machines, every weight and machine, pool, sauna, and non-prison showers.
Because I live in my car to not spend $3k a month for a condo.
Fuck California, this year is the year I leave to somewhere colder and less communist.

I ended up going in for 3 minutes tonight after doing my 2nd workout.

It was ok, not sure if I really want to ever do more than 4-5 minutes once in a very blue moon. Once the spring/summer hits I'll just lay outside anyways.

10+tax/month + maybe 20 yearly.
it has most of the stuff i need except hex bars.
barely enough women to not make it a sausage fest, not that hot, neither that annoying.
could be worse.

Gym is $200 a month. Equinox in San Francisco is very pricy but nice.

$10/month. 5 minute drive from my house (and on the way home from work). Open late during the week. LOADS of equipment and all brand new; franchise opened about 4 months ago.

Parking is a bit of a pain as it's right downtown, but man... $10/month?!? Can't beat that.

I work at a gym so I get it free

What do you guys have in your home gym?

How so? You just listed reasons why it's good.

Yes you do. Equipment is less than $500 if you know where to buy it. At $20 a month, you'll break even in 25 months.

>Equipment is less than $500 if you know where to buy it
Ahahahah man I wouldn't use a $500 guillotine rack setup, not even if you paid me
>At $20 a month, you'll break even in 25 months.
If you're the sole owner and user you won't break even EVER, people going for the home gym aren't concerned about this at all and would never use it as argument for anything

Still unemployed. I wanna get a membership so bad but told myself not to do it until I got a job again.
They never call back

I've had a squat rack and around ~200 lbs of plates for about 3 years now. If I want to do deadlifts I do them at my boxing gym but since I started boxing I stop lifting heavy more than once a week. Now I'm on an extreme cut so I don't even lift at all lel

£13.99 a month
Nice large and modern gym with lots of stuff including bumper plates, hex bar, t bar, power cage etc. The sort of stuff cheap or small gyms never have

>No, you don't, really. Check your math

Even if you spent $2k on a home gym and only $20 at a commercial gym, then it'd take 8 years to pay off your bomb ass home gym.

More realistically, a great gym is going to be closer to $40, so about 4 years. I would hope all of you are still lifting in 4 years.

Damn son ): I'm actually going to be building a truck camper soon so I can be free in California.

Have you considered living with 10 people?

Can't tell if joking, but you could pay off a ratchet home gym in 2 months and an amazing one in a year.

>Ahahahah man I wouldn't use a $500 guillotine rack setup, not even if you paid me

Rogue fitness sells a half-rack for $445. I wouldn't call it a guillotine set up.

Its 64€ a month
The gym is good and ican go to like 20 of gyms in different locations but the wages are so low where i live its alot since the average fag makes about 600-700€ a month here

try $655, and that's the half-rack alone.
Add a bar, +$295
add a bench, +$180 minimum
add pl8s, +375 minimum
a couple of safety pins, +100 minimum
even assuming you don't need any flooring and assuming you don't even want any db, you aren't making your way out of it with anything less than 2 grands

I pay 3€ per session. I would make a home gym but I live in an apartment complex.

>local retro
>$20 a month, $240 a year
Feels good mang

I pay $25/mo through my job's insurance and have access to 4 chain gyms in the area. I mostly go for the group activities and classes as getting out, interacting, and working out are all current personal goals. I still have a small setup a home.

Canceled my planet fitness membership yesterday. I enjoy kettlebell and body weight workouts anyways.
Bought a bunch of these, going to purchase a 35 pound kettlebell and a 20 soon. Thinking of building a pullup bar in my backyard.

maybe in the US having a membership is cheaper

But in Australia it’s not.

Finding a non shit house gym is hard enough, and when you do find a good one with actual decent equipment it’s like $1000+ per year not including fees n shit.

I’ve seen legit shit house gyms with no racks, like 2 benches, low weight, bunch of cardio equipment and useless gpb equipment with $1500+ year memberships.

$20 a month

slowly buying stuff to make one I already got the rack made from a friend for just $220 and currently saving up to buy the bar downside is that my gym is on the 3rd floor so no more deadlifts for me

>no space for a power rack

$28
I have more motivation when i see people bigger than me

I get my membership free since I help the owner put the gym together when he first started. And I lift for gains, but also to get away from the wife and kids. Why the fuck would I want my set interrupted my knocking doors and screaming assholes?

loved retro fitness. qt3.14 receptionist too. only reason i left was cuz i moved. also comped my last month.

homegym and 24hr fitness pass that work covers. nice benefit, works out to ~$480 a year.

I have a home gym, built my own squat rack from scratch. Too bad it's just too cold to work out in my garage so I can't use it in the winter. because of my schedule I have to work out at night. I have tried using a propane heater and everything but it barely takes the sting off. So I got a gym membership for the next few months, $24.99 a month, pretty good if you ask me.

>No outlet near power rack
>No extension cord for power rack
>tfw using an unpowered power rack

he doesn't walking training like the maxxlord himself

I was actually thinking of their squat stand with pull-up bar, my bad. Then I realized squat stands were awful and was looking into a half-rack.

You don't have to go full Rogue to have a good setup. I'm aware it's $2k because I've ran the numbers on all that myself.

$655 for a Rogue half-rack, you can get a decent Olympic bar (from someone else) for $100.
You can get non-wobbly bench for $100.
Used (quality) plates can be found on Craigslist for $1/lb, so let's say $300 for an Olympic set.
The rogue safety pins are actually $50.

That's about $1,100. And that's getting a very sturdy rack, and non-shit tier everything else.

If you want to go complete shit-tier, which is actually what I'm doing now until I can afford Rogue:

I got a used squat stand (because I'm trying to die) with spotter arms for $160 off Amazon.
+$30 standard barbell
+$80 for a 160lb babbyweightstarterset
+$40 used adjustable bench
+$30 puzzle-piece flooring

That's $340.

Anyways, if we go somewhere in-between shit-tier and full Rogue or similar, we can split the difference at $1,200. That's 40 months of a $30 gym- really not that long.

>pondered going to Australia for like forever
>appalled now

damn, son. Guess I could still go there and build another gym.