/fast/ #96 - What the fuck happened to the thread edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtu.be/APZCfmgzoS0
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.
>WHY SHOULD I FAST?
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

>Weight loss
>Better skin
>Autophagy

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
It's when your body takes apart useless, shitty cells. (Cancer cells, cells with broken protein, acne, loose skin, etc)
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>FASTING FUCKS TUMOR GROWTH
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BulkSupplements-Potassium-Chloride-Powder-Kilogram/dp/B00ENS39XK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OMAD, reporting in

The user who benches 2pl8, and is fasting needs to tripfag. I want to know how much weight he loses in relation to muscle/strength.

OMAD an pop tarts not starvation and wet sharts god bless

What do I buy for potassium? All I can find are pills OTC, and they have about a couple days supply of potassium (based on 4700mg per diem).

I bought this, 12g a day is the perfect ratio of sodium and potassium. Also, can find it in any store.

lifting when doing any other fast then IF/omad is stupid. body is using energy on autogaphy and healing itself, lifting is retarded while fasting and advised against in any culture or by any expert fasters.

it's not badass, its retarded. but hey, this is Veeky Forums right.

google "food grade potassium chloride." should cost around $10/lb. eg.

amazon.com/BulkSupplements-Potassium-Chloride-Powder-Kilogram/dp/B00ENS39XK

you'll also want a milligram scale. should cost around $10.

Now that it's been established that smelling food breaks the fast, what about looking at it?

So how could I incorporate lifting into my fasting lifestyle? Fast on rest days?

I or he never said anything about continuing to lift. Am concerned with what he looks like and how he does on return to the gym after refeeding.

when doing OMAD you lift. lift fasted.

my bad

Asking again from prev thread:

Anybody else on a pure water fast (no SJ) past day 21? Wanting to push on until my skin rash disappears and autogaphy gains but a little worried about my heart and potential lack of potassium.

What makes you think there's value in that sort of behavior? Do you think no salt will magically make you healthy?

There's no tangible benefit to what you're doing over snek juice fasting. You would have been better off doing either sj or dry fasting. Not very bright.

what day are you on
you will get irregular heartbeat after maybe day 5-6 or even more if you get enough salt beforehand and it will only get worse
your body really does need potassium as it does a lot of shit for your body so I wouldnt try more than 5 days without it (from experience)

Can Keto diet effect sexual performance?

First time I was unable to cum. Same libido and stamina though, just couldn't reach orgasm after like 40 mins of fucking.

only when potassium, magnesium and sodium is lacking.

so let me get this straight, i could just stop eating and only drink water/snake juice for like 2 weeks until i drop to my desired weight instead of dieting for months? this shit is amazing

yep
it's almost like the human body is.. smart ?!

gonna try a few days to see how i react, pretty excited desu

Currently on day 6 feeling really tired all day, maybe I've overdone extra physical activity on top. Probably going to stretch this to 7 days and refeed. The gains have been nothing short of amazing. On Jan 2 I weighted myself at 98.5kg after 48h fast, this morning I was 91kg flat. I should go below 90kg in those 2 days which is something that haven't happened in years. 3 years of bullshit CICO and excercising and results have been worse than a month of fasting, satisfying and frustrating at the same time.

dont push urself physically when fasting. its a time of healing . drink loads of water and minerals like snake juice. good luck user

What you're doing is dumb

Is this true?
I'll either look retarded or confirm an assumption, but I thought this happened to me while I was fasting in December.

Everything was going smoothly, was down a bunch of weight, day 4, sister gets indian and I'm literally INCHES from it, smelling, feeling, almost broke but didn't.

Then the next two days lost .2 and .3 lbs, the lowest weightloss i've ever had while fasting.

Is this real or am I an idiot?

on day 2 of 3 for water fasting, will chewing sugarless gum fuck up my fast? It's really the only thing that makes me feel better

Yes, sugarless gum is regarded as bad and will break your fast. Sounds like you've been chewing it already, which means you haven't been fasted.

There are ingredients in it that even though don't contain calories, trigger insulin response.

How long does it take for Autophagy to take effect?

I am currently on a Ketogenic diet that I'm gonna be doing til I start fasting on Thursday, cause I got 2 weeks ff work where I'm on my feet all day, and after I finish my fast, I'm gonna do IF, hopefully OMAD, with keto, and was wondering if I still get the effects of autophagy if I still eat once a day.

How does one manage to eat the entire daily caloric intake within one hour while on 23/1 fasting without throwing up?

not him, but what though? sugar alcohol doesnt trigger an insulin response.

Autophagy is constantly working inside you.

IN MICE, autophagy increased by 300% after a 24hr fasting period, and an additional 30% at 48 hrs.

There isn't enough research on levels in humans though.

I've just had so much energy these past few days I was itching to go out and do something but today is killing me, going to limit my physical activity to walking to and from work for the next 2 days.

I can eat 3000 calories in one sitting cause I fucking love eating, and I've lifted for the past 5+ years to allow myself to eat more and not get fat

Basically, high fat foods cause they have more calories. Eat the fattiest cuts of meat, eat everything with cheese, drink whole fat milk.

So if the numbers carry over well enough to Humans, I won't receive the full increase of autophagy if I still eat once a day?

It doesn't matter much anyway, cause I'm doing this to knock off as much body fat as I can, and using Keto + IF afterwards to keep it low.

shit. so you're saying these past 2 days have been pointless?

you should only do light stuff on fasting.. cleaning, re-organizing, stretching, planning etc. it's a great time for alot of things

No, CICO is still a thing so you lost more weight than you would've if you had eaten food. It's just that your past 2 days weren't as good as they could've been.

15 days of fasting down, 15 to go. I'm hoping it gets rid of the loose skin I obtained from losing a ton of weight a few years ago. I took before pics when I started, so I'll show you guys how it turns out in a few weeks.

Also I've been low energy but all-around pretty stable so far. Been going to work and doing 20min daily cardio no problem as long as I get my salts.

>Hey guys on my water fast can I and still maintain my fast?

every.fucking.thread

>muh calorie density

because volume is the only determiner of satiety

Cool.

Just remember, first couple of days and first time will be the hardest. Power through and bite the pillow user you got this.

thanks user. we're all gonna make it

Once again. You didn’t lose that much. It’s WATERWEIGHT. When you start eating again, even just the littlest bit, your weight is going to jump.

any ausfags able to find no salt?
this is the closest i can find
how much of this would i take and would i still mix it with pink salt

This is what I use fellow ozfag. It's half potassium half regular salt so I use like 1-2 teaspoons with a sprinkle of pink salt

4700 mg K / 276 mg K per gram so it looks like 17 g/day

You have the same thing happen with CICO, the difference is I'm losing more water AND fat with fasting.

>ate 0 food for 15 days total in january
>almost 6 days of continous fast as of this day
>walk 5 miles a day for 5 days in row
>water weight

thanks

daily reminder that you all are gay for me and you are all incapable of losing weight permanently

Is this achievable natty?

Just another voice confirming this, first time is definitely toughest.

Resetting gets easier and easier until you're cruising through. My second round I literally burst out loud, "Holy shit it's been 36 hours?" whereas the first time I was checking the clock every hour.

Is this finally where innawoods ended up? Haven't been here in over a month.

Shaved his chest and went hungry skele mode?

THANK YOUSKELETON

over how long of a period was this?

If this is Innawoods, he was fucking with dirty OMAD for the month of December, haven't been around since.
He'd just come into the thread to bash fasting and push his dirty OMAD while losing like .2lbs a day.

So, AT LEAST two months.
Would have been much faster with just a straight fast.

3 slow ass months. started october 16th dirty omad as described. some dry fasting and cardio as desired

i really am enjoying hungry twink mode. internet is fucked here in chile. can barely post

no, hormonal therapy is needed to get rid of my ballsack to complete the transformacion total

Also going for hungry twink mode here. At that point I can decide whether I want to get ripped or become a cute trap.

been doing alternate day fasting lately
getting better at it , no hunger mostly
thanks bros for haveing these threads
fuck you op , those tacos !

Bullshit. My lifts 48 hours in and 72 hours in were just as good as prior to the fast. Next time I'll try intense cardio. I'm sure it will feel the same.

Dude, you’re a fucking retard. The point is that without consuming, you won’t be able to regenerate muscle. Any cells you damaged during your lifts are prioritized to die. If you continue doing this, you will lose any gains you may have made before your fast.

So if I work out 3 times a week (mon, wed, fri) and then fast on sat and sun for 48 hrs, would I lose fat and actually gain muscle? How much fat does one typically lose in 48 hrs? Would the exercise provide more muscle than I'm losing during the fast?

>How much fat does one typically lose in 48 hrs?

A pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories, so it depends on what your maintenance is.

How do I avoid getting headaches while fasting?

water u nigger. dehydration is the #1 cause of the general headache

What's the difference between 16x8, 18x6, and 20x4?

I assume if you can eat 20x4 it's more beneficial because your body burns calories for longer without refueling?

Sorry, I know I asked this last night but I got really into a good [spoiler]book[/spoiler] and went to bed early.

OP videos will answer your questions

Yea. Waterweight. Not all, but a good portion. You cannot lose 16 lbs of fat in 15 non-continuous days.

>Hey guys how much can I lose if I do ?

Been doing Keto OMAD for a week now 22-2
Come thursday I had to force myself to eat because I wasn't hungry at all.
Now going for a 72 instead of the regular weekend fast. Wish me luck.

That was two days ago. I lifted today and my lifts are...oh my god... the fucking same. No decrease in strength whatsoever. I just did cardio too. OH MY GOD. I'm exactly in the same shape.

Is it fine to take Tylenol or Advil while fasting? I’ve had low salt headaches, and this isn’t one.
Not like it’s a horrible migraine, but fuck I want some pain relievers.

who /48 hours/ here

24 is so so easy actrually

can someone explain the leangains approach to fasting?

>psmf
>horrible shits diarrhea
how do I prevent this, lads

i can't seem to get lower than 12% bodyfat

I really, REALLY wanted to get between 8-10%
it's like my body refuses to go lower than 12%

has anyone else on /fast/ experienced this? how can I break through this plateau?

have you tried continuing to lose weight? what exactly is the problem you're experiencing

Just passed 117, going for 144
Gonna make it

130h, target is 168h
wake me up

So I started my fast and within 18 hours I was liquid shitting for the rest of the night. I only used half the salt since I only mixed it with 1L of water and I planned on drinking 2 since I sweat a lot at work. I decided not to drink the rest of the salts.

What happened?

Give me a quick rundown
Currently in trying to eat less whilst using a cross trainer I got
Am I better to just stop eating and follow OP with regards to making my own sodium/potassium drink? Is there a way to calculate correct amounts?
If I ""HAVE"" to eat, what's the best thing?
Thanks

>Am I better to just stop eating and follow OP with regards to making my own sodium/potassium drink?
yes

>If I ""HAVE"" to eat, what's the best thing?
low carb , stay in ketosis

pls
just took another monster Squirter
need help

Interesting, I've essentially been OMAD all my life but the meals and snacking have gotten bigger so as have I.
Will definitely fast.
One last Q and thanks for the advice so far, should I aim not to finish the drink I make daily and instead tide myself over with water or if I finish the litre should I just fill up another with the same quantity of salt and potassium.
Thanks a lot

your body is cleaning itself.

It's impossible to avoid inhaling food if you lead an active lifestyle. What? Your town is a ghost town and there are no restaurants/cafes/fast food joints? No one eats at your workplace? You guys need to stop being so anal.

It needs to clean itself when I'm not at work. I hate using that dirty ass bathroom.

Currently approaching 110. Gonna try to hit the week mark.

only drink one snake potion a day , and extra water is ok.

been reading that caffeine increases fat loss on a water fast
is this pure bullshit or real shit

>It's impossible to avoid inhaling food if you lead an active lifestyle.

If you're not watching snake man videos then you're objectively fasting incorrectly.

it's hard to sleep when you're hungry

Is it ok to drink coffee?

OMAW + 144hour per week faster reporting in

A lack of food will shift your body's goals from reproduction to survival. Mice live longer with caloric restriction but fuck less. Once the fast is over you'll be an animal in bed, have no worries.

>so let me get this straight, i could just stop eating and only drink water/snake juice for like 2 weeks until i drop to my desired weight instead of dieting for months

I'm pretty much doing exactly this, but even though my weight loss is exagerated and visible, it still takes months if you have a lot to lose.

The body takes a long time to chew its way through the fat reserves of a >200 lb human.

Best I can manage in my sedentary day job is about a pound a day. The lack of energy from fasting leaves me unable to do much else.

>Just remember, first couple of days and first time will be the hardest

Yeah, I remember my first 3 days back in November last year were a nightmare of gnawing hunger, headaches and aching muscles.

Now I've got the regime tuned properly I still have very little energy, but my thoughts are clear, snake juice tolerance is adequate and my weight continues to fall off.

I'll be happy when I finally reach my goal weight of 68kg (stretch goal of 60kg), as the fasting is monotonous.

Planning on going permanent keto when I'm in maintenance mode, but that is still some months away.

i'm thinking of adding this shit to my snake juice, would any of these ingredients kick me out of fasting / or ketosis?