Grocery costs?

Sup Veeky Forums how much would be the grocery cost for 2 adult males (22 and 19)? We both get one free meal at work and I'm perfectly fine with only eating cheap shit (chicken thighs, rice, etc.) I live in the land of corn if that helps at all (Nebraska).

If you are extremely poor and careful, you can get away spending between $200-350/mo. Buy in bulk, get what's on sale, make rice, beans, onions, cabbage your staples, cook chicken bones into stock... also if you go into the self checkout lane you can steal items easier/ring them up as cheaper items.

Fuck that's a lot..

Compare $200/mo for two guys, and getting McDonalds once a day for two guys. You're talking about spending $8 a day if you just eat a French fry and a burger each, which is already $240 a month.

With $200 a month I'm confident two dudes could eat moderately healthy meals, albeit boring meals.

Eggs and rice and beans and lard. You could probably do it for under $50 per person per month.

>also if you go into the self checkout lane you can steal items easier/ring them up as cheaper items

I always do this with organic shit

Do they not have food banks and food stamps in Nebraska anymore?

Maybe op isn’t a nigger

There are Costcos in Lincoln and Omaha.

You're literally retarded.

They do, but I don't qualify for SNAP and I don't want to claim the dude as a dependant.

$7.00 a week

I've thought about that and going to the one of the Aldi's to try and save some extra money instead of shopping in Fremont at Walmart.

I only get the free meal there because I'm a manager and he would get one as well because he's crew. We wouldn't be shopping there all the time.

Meant to add that I'm perfectly ok with having boring meals. Chicken, rice, some sort of vegetable so change things up I'm ok with.

Eggs .1.49
Bread. 1.00
Rice 1.49
Red meat 3.99
Gal milk 2.75
Oats 1.50 = 15$ x 2 = $30

Fried rice
Egg sandwich
Milk
White rice
Meat

Go get a food box from your local food bank. Its should be free or reduced price.

Do food banks let anyone come? I thought you had to be on SNAP, or some other low income program to gain access.

you are a fucking idiot if you think 50 bucks a month is gonna sustain a fully grown adult

Fuck thieves. I wish I lived in a society where people like you were publicly punished. I hope that at least your skin is black if you're on the same moral level as a nigger.

if you're some kind of raging moralfag like , you and your friend could liberate food from the dumpster

I literally spend $50 a month on groceries, maybe. Fuck chicken. IMO beef has SO many more possibilities for cooking, and it tastes good as fuck. I'd pick a slice of beef over a chicken breast any day.

I buy a 2-3lb chuck roast for like $15, 1 1/2 eggs for $5-$8, a rasher of bacon for $6(sue me), and a head of lettuce and some broccoli for about $10. I've really gotten away from carbs altogether so I skip on rice.

If you're buying meat, then you're spending more than $1.67 on groceries per day, unless you're currently cutting on an 800 kcal/day diet.

Can we save the ethics discussion for the History&Humanities* Board, I'm just trying to figure out how not to a holocaust survivor.

>* Was a mistake

What are your macros ed can like?

I sometimes buy stuff that has a close to expiration date discount. Yogurt actually tastea better and it gabe me a chance to try out more niche items or more gourmet cheese/meats

You forgot to say no homo op

I spend $50 a week in Canada and I buy a lot of name brand so I bet you could manage $75 a week if you two aren't gorging.

I thought about it, but then I remembered I was on Veeky Forums we're all closet cocksmiths here.

I've been figuring that as much, I contacted the local food pantry ti see if I could get access and told them I'd be more than willing to volunteer in return. On top of this, I only eat like twice a day sometimes just my work meal and he's the same way. Although he's 300 pounds so I'm not entirely sure about that...maybe a slow metabolism lol?

used to live with 60/month excluding eating out, bars, etc. lost a lot of weight. wouldn't recommend it for long term.

now, live with around 150/month, 3kcal, 180g protein daily avg, on lean/light bulk.
for reference, buy most of my stuff in walmart and aldi, midwest, burgerland.

That's just for you though right, not two people?

sorry, yes. i'd assume food cost would be linear

I used to spend 500 bucks a month on food (Canada), but now I go shopping in the US twice a month and only spend around 250 for the same or equivalent stuff.