Why is milk unhealthy?

Why is milk unhealthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/igf-1-as-one-stop-cancer-shop/
washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/31/study-milk-may-not-be-very-good-for-bones-or-the-body/?utm_term=.17a86a3176a4
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20949604
physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajpendo.00520.2011
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cen.12630/full
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2012.04486.x/full
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049501565464
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002604959090305V
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002247318090196X
agris.fao.org/agris-search/search.do;jsessionid=68AB17ABE55296F8F29A869EB28E6EAC?request_locale=es&recordID=US201500065393&sourceQuery=&query=&sortField=&sortOrder=&agrovocString=&advQuery=¢erString=&enableField=
jandonline.org/article/S2212-2672(12)00157-8/fulltext
sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/
cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/43/5/2150.long
physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajprenal.00094.2005
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167814012001223
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304383508005545
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1016/j.molonc.2016.06.002/abstract
academic.oup.com/advances/article/5/2/131/4557960
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1476558613801029
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(17)30674-5
nature.com/articles/srep25145
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/91/1/254S.abstract
annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-physiol-021113-170252
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Full of sugar
Gives you cholesterol
May have antibiotics
Estrogenic

>not wanting free antibiotics

my mouth started watering when I saw this pic
fuck I love milk

Guess i'll start drinking soy milk then...
try again soyboy

? drink neither. your weaponized autism doesn't work on everybody.

It's not that milk is inherently bad, it's that humans are not meant to drink other animal's milk. Cow milk was meant to be drunk and digested by baby cows, not humans. If you want to drink go ahead, but only drink human milk.

Estrogen

>>not wanting free antibiotics
Constantly taking antibiotics reduces the benefits of antibiotics.
This is why they are a prescription drug, you don't want to take antibiotics every time for when you feel kinda sick, you should only take it when you NEED it.

>it's that humans are not meant to drink other animal's milk.
And are they supposed to eat modern produce, grains, eggs, domesticated fruit deprived of fiber and protein instead?
Give me one reason as to why humans "are not meant to drink another anmal's milk".

Doesn't matter at this point since India and the rest of the uncultured subhuman world exist who eat antibiotics like its candy. Plus all the other farm animals that get anitibiotics flooded into their food regularly still exist.

FairLife milk isn't bad for you

I know people who get totally fucked ot they consume dairy on the daily basis: acne, oily skin etc
And other who fucking thrive on that shit

This is the dumbest fucking argument for not drinking milk that can possibly be used.
>chickens' eggs weren't meant to be consumed by humans

Who says so, you fucking idiot? I bet you're a vegan.

Milk is a substance produced for feeding an infant so they can grow.
Are you an infant, user?

I drink one of those 1.5L bottles each day, so good.

2 things
>You have to come from a family of milk drinkers so you have immunity (you're not lactose intolerant) and can digest milk properly
>The milk needs to be of high quality (doesn't need to be low fat but high in protein) - the protein and fat content of the milk depends on the cow genetics

>FairLife milk

A true connoisseur. Store brand whole gallons taste like water with a drop of whiteout compared to fairlife milk

A lot of animals steal from nested eggs, but none suckle from the tits of other animals... Or at least none that I've seen...

>domesticated fruit deprived of fiber and protein instead
>but milk is ok
lol

Way more estrogen then soy, and way worse estrogen then soy. Filled with blood and pus, full of cholesterol and studies have shown that it makes your bones weaker(why milk companies stopped advertising that it gives "strong bones")

It has IGF-1 in it so it's not.

I only eat meat and veggies. Enjoy your eggs, grains, fruits, and milk you fucking faggots.

Adopted animals drink the milk of their foster mother. Dumb fuk.

nutritionfacts.org/video/igf-1-as-one-stop-cancer-shop/

>Milk makes your bones weaker

LOL this board is so useless

2% is watered down garbage and pretty much flavored water. 3.25% is good but pasteurization destroy all the protein.

washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/31/study-milk-may-not-be-very-good-for-bones-or-the-body/?utm_term=.17a86a3176a4
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15640478
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20949604

>Weaponized autism
Get off my fitness board you pol scum

>pol
get of my imageboard reddit nerd...

Congratulations on posting th study link that supports me and rejects your position, retard.

Causes extreme inflammation.

>No other animal makes holding areas for other animals, therefore we should stop doing too

Drink the supreme OAT"MILK" you fookin' PLEBS

I never understand you fags. Oat, and all those other nut milks have awful macros. We drink milk for the protein. Soy is unironically the best alternative.
>low cal
>high protein
>tastes good

its not only assmad shitskins will tell you otherwise, europeans have been drinking it for centuries.

man wasnt supposed to walk on the moon either you fucking faggot

I've been drinking almond for years. What makes this better?

Dairy milk has cholesterol/high sat. fat. Increases Igf1 production, is inflammatory and causes many allergy/asthma problems especially in kids. No point to it really especially with all the plant milk options.

Can you reccomend any alternatives that have comparable protein content aside from soy?

Ripple just came out with their milk this past year or so pretty widely available. I like it quite a bit, i like soy too sometimes but there are others too.
Ripples unsweetened original:
8g plant-based protein per serving
Zero sugar2
50% more calcium than 2% dairy milk1
32mg DHA Omega-3’s
An excellent source of Vitamin D
More iron than 2% dairy milk

Thanks, I'll check it out. I enjoy soy milk as well, just wanted to know if there was anything else.

There's skim milk and you can moderate your consumption of whole milk. Some components in milk fat like mfgm that have ergogenic and nootropic effects as well so it's not worth eliminating entirely. Increased igf-1 isn't necessarily a bad thing and inflammatory and autoimmune shit is only seen in genelets who can't tolerate dairy to begin with. Dairy protein is considerably more anabolic to skeletal muscle and has a better diaas than plant milk proteins.

there's also silk protein nut milk, chocolate flavor is godly

It is not.
Milk is glorious tier drink, you'd be better off quitting beer than quitting milk.

This, I'm a fucking Bedouin, literally every ancestor of mine did nothing but drink milk, eat cheese, and eat meat. I've drank milk my whole life, every day, cheese and meat too, usually combined with each-other. No skin problems, no digestive issues, no farts, literally built for this diet. I just throw in fruits veggies and eggs cause I mean I don't live in a desert like them anymore.

people have different bodies who fucking knew

Dairy is a significant source of female hormone exposure.[5] Commercial cow’s milk contains large amounts of estrogen and progesterone, which is a serious concern. This is further exacerbated by modern dairy cows being genetically altered to continuously produce milk – even throughout their repeated pregnancies.The data show that men who drink milk will absorb the estrogens in the milk, which has been found to result in significantly decreased testosterone production/levels.

the caloric part of milk is worth more than the nutrition put inside it.
You would have to drink a half gallon every single day to even try obtain the nutrition facts stated

Casein is the main protein in dairy, and studies have shown that it facilitates the growth and development of cancer. In fact, some studies even found that cancer development could be controlled more by casein levels in diet than by exposure to the underlying carcinogen.Insulin-like growth factor-1 (or IGF-1), a hormone that promotes cell growth and division in both normal and cancer cells, is thought to be one of the mechanisms responsible for this association. IGF-1 appears to be nutritionally regulated, and animal protein consumption (including casein from dairy foods) leads to higher circulating levels of this cancer-promoting hormone. For this reason, consuming casein from dairy (as well as animal protein in general) is associated with increased risk of cancer development and proliferation.

>Some user who says 'suckin animal tiddies is a sin'
>The scientific evidence brought forth by the evolution of lactose tolerance in adult humans
I wonder who is right..

Source for this is a study where 18 individuals not screened for dairy allergies or intolerance, even self-reported, are given milk.
They had hormones like E1 outside of their reference ranges to begin with even before milk ingestion, meaning they weren't exactly healthy. Further, they had no calorie or macronutrient-matched control beverage. Calorie and macronutrient ingestion cause similiar alterations in hormones. Endocrinologists who actually study this stuff know this and that's why you typical screen for hormonal abnormalities in the fasted state

physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajpendo.00520.2011
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/cen.12630/full
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2265.2012.04486.x/full
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049501565464
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002604959090305V

For example insulin release from food ingestion stimulates aromatase and decreases counter-regulatory hormones like gh which drops serum testosterone. This makes it useless for isolating an effect specific to milk or dairy hormones per se

How am I supposed to eat oat flakes without milk?

Water

Here's some more papers I found on this

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002247318090196X
>It may thus be concluded that progesterone (orally administered) and its metabolites are extensively metabolized in the intestine to compounds with less progestational activity.

agris.fao.org/agris-search/search.do;jsessionid=68AB17ABE55296F8F29A869EB28E6EAC?request_locale=es&recordID=US201500065393&sourceQuery=&query=&sortField=&sortOrder=&agrovocString=&advQuery=¢erString=&enableField=
>Estradiol from dairy products is extensively inactivated in the gastrointestinal tract and only about 5% survives the first pass to the liver. Thus daily dairy product intake would supply only about 0.25% of the FAO/WHO upper acceptable daily intake of estradiol.

>Estrone and estradiol can be converted to inactive sulfates by the action of steroid sulfotransferase and either excreted from the cell or retained for future supply of estrone and estradiol. Conjugation of estrone and estradiol by uridine diphosphate-glucuronosyltransferases inactivates and produces the more soluble estrogen glucuronides that are excreted to bile and urine. O-methylation of hydroxyestrogens by COMT and conjugation of estrogen quinones with glutathione facilitates removal of estrogen metabolites from cells

>Milk contains estrone of which around 90% is estrone sulfate (Henderson, Camberis, Simmons, Starrs, & Hardie, 1994b). Estrone has low biological activity and estrone sulfate is inactive.

>The intestinal mucosa contains enzymes capable of the transformation of estradiol to estrone and the formation of estrogen sulfate and glucuronide conjugates. These metabolites and any free estradiol pass to the portal circulation and rapidly pass to the liver where near-complete metabolism to estrone, estrone sulfate (the major conjugate) and some estrogen glucuronides and hydroxylated conjugates occurs (Lobo & Cassidenti, 1992; Longcope et al., 1985). Part of the conjugated estrogens pass to the kidneys and are excreted in urine. Most of the remainder is excreted with bile to the intestinal lumen. Here, some of the conjugated estrogens may be deconjugated by bacterial b-glucuronidases, but most of these are re-conjugated by intestinal steroid sulfotransferases and glucuronosyltransferases and along with the majority of the remaining bile-derived estrogen conjugates are re-absorbed and pass to the liver (enterohepatic circulation). A portion escapes this enterohepatic circulation and is excreted in the faeces. Any free estradiol will be conjugated at the next pass of the liver (Adlercreutz & Martin, 1980; Adlercreutz, Martin, Jarvenpaa, & Fotsis, 1979). Overall, it is estimated that as a result of metabolism by the intestinal mucosa and first pass to the liver, the bioavailability of oral estradiol is only in the range of 2e5% (Dusterberg, Schmidt-Gollwitzer, & Humpel, 1985; Kuhnz, Gansau, & Mahler, 1993).

Milk is healthy as fuck! It's the most nutritious substance for a growing body you can consume. That's why mammals produce it.

Try again you samefagging vegan. Your propaganda will fail because healthy people will always win over the weak and sickly vegans.

Also remember plants was grown to enjoy sunlight. They were not supposed to be eaten. If you eat plant you'll turn into a vegetable.

jandonline.org/article/S2212-2672(12)00157-8/fulltext
>Milk E1 and E1S concentrations averaged 10.3 and 85.9 pg/mL (38.10 and 317.74 pmol/L), respectively, in the pasteurized-homogenized whole milk analyzed in our study. Estimates of total E1 intake ranged from 19.4 ng/day for one serving of skim milk to 68 ng/day for three servings of whole milk. This is below the threshold of 540 ng/day calculated from FDA guidelines, which state that no physiologic effects occur when consumption is 1% of the endogenous quantities produced by the segment of the population with the lowest daily production.

And another write-up on this topic

sciencedrivennutrition.com/hormones-milk/

References are a series of studies that give rats a carcinogen (aflatoxin) and see that casein has a growth promoting-effect on the tumors. Rats on a low casein diet, which led to amino acid deficiency, had to get half the dose of aflatoxin because the dose the high casein diet rats got was lethal to them. They developed liver necrosis, steatosis and bile duct fibrosis instead of liver cancer.

In another paper not cited, high casein provided only during the initiation period of aflatoxin carcinogenesis had a protective effect compared to the low casein rats. So it seems to only be bad during the lesion growth period, that is when cancer is already present

cancerres.aacrjournals.org/content/43/5/2150.long

IGF-1 seems to enhance DNA repair in many contexts, which is important for preventing cancer initiation

physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1152/ajprenal.00094.2005
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167814012001223
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304383508005545
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1016/j.molonc.2016.06.002/abstract

Also

academic.oup.com/advances/article/5/2/131/4557960
>On the basis of current evidence, the effects of casein—particularly isolated casein, separated from other components of dairy that often work synergistically—cannot be generalized to all forms of milk protein, much less all forms of animal protein. In fact, experiments in rodents suggest some antitumor activity of dairy protein fraction and, more specifically, of the whey protein component of milk because of its glutathione-increasing effects (171).

There's also apparently certain forms of cancer that grow in response to a low protein diet. So these claims have many important caveats left out.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1476558613801029
cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(17)30674-5

Another thing I notice after looking at these aflatoxin studies a bit more. Rats and rodents in general enter a kind of hibernation under many kinds of stresses. That seems to include a low protein diet

nature.com/articles/srep25145
>Low protein diets also enhance energy expenditure in rodents17,19,20,21,22, however, the underlying mechanisms are poorly understood. Potential mechanisms include increased sympathetic flux via β-adrenergic receptor (β-AR) signaling to brown adipose tissue (BAT) with consequent upregulation of mitochondrial uncoupling protein-1 (UCP1) expression19,21,22,23, as well as increased fibroblast growth factor-21 (FGF21) mediated thermogenesis17.

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/91/1/254S.abstract
>FGF21 also blocks somatic growth and sensitizes mice to a hibernation-like state of torpor.

annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-physiol-021113-170252
>Brown adipose tissue (BAT) evolved to generate heat and to protect animals from hypothermia in mammals. This process, termed nonshivering thermogenesis, is particularly important during hibernation and for small animals and infants who have greater demands on thermogenesis due to a large surface-to-volume ratio.

They weighed less and were smaller in size, even without any tumors or cancer, ate less, and were probably burning a lot more calories thru thermogenesis. So any benefits might just be coming from a form of calorie restriction.

vegan propaganda utterly BTFO

>full of sugar
????

Perhaps he was posting it for that purpose you double nigger

no knowing the organisms antibiotics are used to kill evolve. people taking that shit when they don't need to is leading to organisms that are resistant to it. same thing is happening with herbicides. humans are about to get their ass kick because we weakened ourselves whilst strengthening those things which present a threat to us.

organic grass-fed raw whole milk = liquid gains

anything else = liquid death

Yogurt

How about any predator who eats a female mammal? Do they spit the milk out of the tits?

How about cooking your food? Only humans cook food so it must be wrong.

I think he's talking about lactose.

you should only drink milk from your own species.

no, almond mik is the best

nearly zero protein

If your ancestors consumed milk, then it's cool i guess
There might be some negative effects to drinking it, but they're non existent compared to other shit we eat/drink/breathe.
Nobody takes into consideration that in 2k18 its pretty much impossible to avoid carcinogens, and avoiding milk doesn't change much, apart from not drinking something you like.

The best way I think is probably not to consume one thing all the time, and consume less overall

How's soy milk?

>Why is milk unhealthy?
It's not and if you believe that you're stupid.

Mitochondria were also not "meant" to be eaten only to actually survive in a predatory single cell organism and undergoing endosymbiosis, and look were we are.

Fuck off with your "muh natural" shit.

>2018
>not getting fresh raw goat's milk delivered to your doorstep
lmao

>mfw drinking a liter everyday and no one can stop me

deal with it, fags