Atg or below parallel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WCsZv1qZT0
t-nation.com/training/interview-with-dr-stuart-mcgill-part-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends on your meniscus

i got fucked up meniscus so barely can do box squats, i feel like a fucking invalid

atg is below parallel you knob

this mostly, I did atg for a while to test out the knees over a good timeframe, I could feel my meniscus regularly after like a month of doing them and by 3 months my meniscus was inflamed all the time.

Went back to parallel and it's back to PCL soreness.

Below parallel unless you’re an Olympic weightkiddrr

Neither.

Jason Gallant is in better shape than 90% of men half his age and he has genetic-peak thighs off of half-squats:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WCsZv1qZT0

>inb4 roids

Keep coping, pussies.

ATG is a meme. Most people(especially tall people) can't ass to grass without severe buttwink. Go as low as you can without your lowerback/ass folding under you.

how are you doing now ?

My knees feel great doing parallel squats now, for the first little bit my PCL was feeling tight but that got better as I got used to parallel squats again.

I don't think atg is a death sentence for the meniscus, I just already have a fucked up meniscus from working without knowing I had no arches in my feet, I got orthotics for that and it got better for the most part but they flare up from atg squats.

ATG for front squats/snatch/clean and jerk

parallel or just below for all other leg movements

I found my squats were going to shit, my form feels bad and I was cheating reps when I increased weight (not getting quite parallel). I couldn't judge where parallel was when I was in gassed and trying for a couple more reps. So I decided to go ATG only, that way I know I'm being consistent. I think I've made slight gains since I've tried it that way.

Pause atg 5x5 everyday

t. clarence

below atg

Clarence the Chad-Autist King

Ass to 6 ft under.

>dyel giving terrible advice
never change Veeky Forums

Both

where ever feels natural. I don't like to let tension off my legs which you probably do in atg? I can't remember. If you can't even get to parallel, you need to work on ankle and hip mobility. Ankle mobility - stretch like you are at the start like of a sprint.

the guy is a midget

I literally can't do atg, a bit below parallel is where I can drop without weights.

>i literally just can't touch the bar on my chest m8 it's definitely something to do with my bone structure and not the fact that i can't bench for shit

The fuck mate. I'm not flexible enough to drop to a position much below parallel.

>i'm not flexible enough
>i literally can't
pick one

I do atg and light weight
By light i mean 1pl8
I dont like heavy weights at all i do bench with 1 pl8 max
Size gains started coming faster when i started doing slower and more controlled better form lightweight stuff for higher reps and more time under tension
I dont give a fuck about strenght i lift for longevity and looks

your bone structure can prevent you from squatting atg.

i do atg at 6'4

parallel, ass to grass hurts because fucked up meniscus. Parallel or slightly below feels natural and that's what i'm sticking with. Every body's different, i can do ATG but i don't like the weird pain so fuck that

depends on the depth of your hip sockets, if you have deep hip socket (celtic hip) you are not structurally able to ATG - your body will try to find that ROM that it can't get from your hips elsewhere (which ends up being lumbar flexion aka buttwink usually)

t-nation.com/training/interview-with-dr-stuart-mcgill-part-1

We're not talking about bodybuilding you retard

This