Is this a correct deadlift form?

Is this a correct deadlift form?

Don't even care about his form

He took 10 seconds to lift that. That is unathletic as fuck and has 0 transferability onto the field.
What garbage coach demonstrating his garbage. He would ruin every fucking athlete. Does he even have any pro athletes under his wing? Or just a bunch of strength and powerlifter wannabes?

hips too high, chest pointed down, minor cat back, mixed grip, dropped the weight like a histrionic pussy. this fat old faggot needs to drop weight, both on the bar and from his gut.

>the field

>Mixed grip
Fuck you buddy

for powerlifting yes, for building muscle, no.

how fast do you lift 500lb faggot?

Doesn't fucking matter. Training like that will ruin an athlete. Imagine any MMA fighter deadlifting that slow. He's a shit coach.

>i have literally no idea what im talking about

kill yourself
I train multiple pro fighters and pro athletes at my gym

just because you let them manhandle your bum doesn't actually mean that you train them honey

Oh wow, It's almost like different training methods produce different results.
And different people have different goals.

Holy shit you're a moron.

Rippetoe states EVERY ATHLETE SHOULD DO SS AS IT IS WRITTEN

so kill yourself you worthless brainless fuckboi soyboy
oh wait you're just a jobless faggot while I'm a renowned coach

You have to be 18 to post here.

At 0:11 he's reaching for the barbell flexing his upper back. He's then extending his upper back in the second phase of the lift. His lower back is never rounded anyway.
Personally, I prefer to reach for the barbell lowering the ass a little more, even if I'm not going for a clean-grip deadlift. This means that in the first portion of the lift I'm going to use quads as well.
The way he executes it definitively engages the whole erector spinae more

>You have to be 18 to post here.

posting another brainless garbage
kill yourself too

(checked)

not even him, but "I'm a renowned coach" is something only a kid would say on Veeky Forums. I'm not saying you're not Klokov's trainer, I'm sure you are, just stating how much of a bitch you sound.

spot the weak c*ck

>t. jealous faggot
kill yourself

Seek help.

Not even him but all you bitches can do is post on Veeky Forums. He gets paid to train pro athletes. Sounds like jelly.

ITT: sub 80iq "humans"

Mark Rippetoe is a massive faggot and fanbois need to kys. Shit form, shit advice, shit moron guy. Mixed grip is for pussies with no strength

Post a vid of your max overhand grip deadlift. No straps.

I personally don't have an impressive deadlift but there are many anons that lift 4pl8+ for reps without mixed grip or straps

inb4 4pl8+ for reps is not impressive enough kys faget

This post is 100% correct, but Rip drones will never admit it. Rippletits loves to say he's a coach for real athletes, but he's never produced anyone of note and I can see why with that training.

Not at all. Needs to straighten back and get it more perpendicular to the ground

Uhh his main program is called STARTING strength and he focuses on training normal untrained people and helping them get strong. Not sure why you have this idea that he thinks he's an elite athlete trainer

Wuts wrong with "mixed grip?" relieves the load from your forearms, so I don't see a problem

>Rippetoe states EVERY ATHLETE SHOULD DO SS AS IT IS WRITTEN
He said any athlete who wants to do SS should do it as written, not that every athlete should do SS. Big difference.

no way, i'm not who you're arguing with but i can't believe people have that sort of grip strength unless you're talking chalk

if theres a man that has lifted 500kg with straps, surely there must be men who can lift 180kg without straps or mixed grip

for reps i dunno man probably, but obviously grip strength doesn't scale like leg strength

This. Used to be a D1 football player and we basically all used straps. It's hard to imagine that someone's grip strength would be as strong as their back/leg strength for deadlifts if they've been training them for years.

guise just stop using straps and your grip strength will go up. surely slower than leg/back strength but start using straps and your grip won't grow much if any

i started doing farmers walks after my dl sessions and that helped surprisingly much

Yea that is true, but most athletes don't want to force their entire deadlift weight to only go up by as much as their grip strength. I mean I could deadlift ~700lbs at my max, and without straps maybe half that? Never really tested it much, honestly. But who would stop moving half the weight just for grip gains?

I can deadlift 180 for reps overhand. My 1RM deadlift isn't even that good I jut have good grip strength from having big forearms.

>not using claw grip
>making it
pick one

His spine looks hurt

His lower back is always straight. See

Is this the new navy seal copy pasta?

why would a fighter train powerlifting?

>doesn't carefully put it down
rippletits can fuck off

Completely terrible. I deadlift 205lb with good form I learned from omar isuf and I can tell this guy is one minute away from injury

100% acceptable

He's gonna end up like zyzz, that god of Veeky Forums

It took him like three seconds to lift it what are you talking about

the funny thing is, the youtuber faggot you cite has injured himself multiple times while the "guy" here teaches injury prevention.

it's clearly an underage twink cosplaying as MMA trainer or something, the more the (You)s he collect the more the "kys" he may write down to distract himself from the emptiness of his life

Ironic

It's weird how people doing SS worship and defend this guy. It's like a cult of unaesthetic t-rexes with an old, fat leader who can't even deadlift correctly.

Don't drink the gallon of milk.

Checked, miss those old Nick shows

do barbell rows with an underhand grip and tell me when your bicep tears

>Rippetards claim he can diddly 4pl8
>He struggles to move 350
Really jogs my noggin.

But he's not doing rows downy. It's a deadlift, say deadlift. D-E-A-D-L-I-F-T

You mean like Yates did for years?

4pl8+ isn't impressive
5pl8 isnt impressive

Nothing is impressive for double overhand because it's an exercise not a pissing contest

I often train with straps, mixed grip, and hook grip

I laughed out loud when i read this thanks user

He deadlifted 5pl8 like 2 years ago iirc

For a self improvement oriented board, Veeky Forums sure is full of jelly faggots hating on everyone.

you're fucking retarded if you think it'll matter if its a row or deadlift

you're not dorian yates

>video cuts off as the dude starts celebrating and acting like a kid who just got a N64 for christmas
>nothing special guys

how one person can be this much of an autistic faggot is really beyond me.

You're fucking retarded for confusing a double underhand row with a mixed grip deadlift. Two completely different lifts with two completely different grips. You should've stayed in the fetus bucket

This isn't textbook form, but for an old man clinging to his strength for dear life as time slowly sucks it away from him, it isn't that bad. While his back isn't as fully extended as you'd like, it doesn't continue to flex as it becomes loaded during the pull. It moved it a straight vertical line. When you guys are nearing 60, please upload videos of your 500lbs deadlifts so younger/weaker men can critique you anonymously online.

you should be wearing your deadlift helmet, look at how unsteady you are, coulda passed out and cracked ur skull so easy

is this the "ive been lifting for 2-3 months and feel the need to give my shit tier advice to others" containment thread?

I scooted back after setting it down, it wasn't a celebration you mincy faggot

>Imagine any MMA fighter deadlifting that slow.
i cant imagine any of those faggots lifting 500lbs in the first place.

Dorian Yates literally tore his fucking bicep you moron

Kek

if you can double overhand your max deadlift, you're weak.

I just use straps on my max effort sets, and then do some grip specific training afterwards, like deadhangs or farmers walks.

>histrionic pussy
nailed it

potential for pasta, keep it flowing user

he did that rowing over 400, on a pause at the top.
stop for a second and understand the two situations aren't comparable. the angles of elbow flexion aren't similar, nor are the loading parameters.

mixed grip in a deadlift is perfectly fine.

>The inventor of the shittiest lifting program out there has awful form

What a surprise.

jesus christ Veeky Forums is so fucking weak.
I'm a frail manlet, 5'11", 7" wrists and I can pull 405 for 3 clean reps after barely a year of lifting.

>fit/ is so fucking weak
>I can pull 405 for 3 clean reps
you're right

>hips too high
> chest pointed down

He didnt read SS. Keep deadlifting 225 Manlet.

As weight increases, speed decreases. Do you think he lifts 2pl8 that slow? Nobody lifts 90%+ of their max at high speed, speed is literally just a product of the weight being light for you due to your strength.

Shit, I'll go tell Cailer with his 850+lb world record conventional deadlift that he's weak from using double overhand.

He's not a young guy in this video. How fast is a late 50-something supposed to pull 500?

Nobody cares. Please link to your books about strength training so we can impartiality assess.

That's also why he helped write a book specifically for football players looking to workout.

Ahem. Should say "impartially."

get the fuck out

he doesn't use DOH you fucking mongoloid, he hook grips

if you don't know what you're talking about don't post

fucking idiot dyel

You're so fucking retarded it's embarrassing.

We are all laughing at you. Even the dyel cosplayers.

lmao

>mincy

only a faggot would use such a word. you just proved me right user. also a namefag calling other people out must be a special kind of stupid.

>Nobody lifts 90%+ of their max at high speed
yes, lots of people do. I personally either lift the weight quickly or I probably fail the lift.

who here thumbless grip master race?

Rip looks like a buff as fuck Anglo-Saxon monk ready to fuck up some Danes invading his monestary

I guess you're still a pussy with no strength

i'm literally DYEL and i can deadlift 225 with overhand grip. rockclimbing is goat-tier for grip.

he pulled five hundo at like 60 years old you retard

what the fuck field do you think he's going onto?

There's a vid of rip doing underhand rows
No bicep tear

Why do people hate rip so much? He's literally a father figure for fit.

eddie hall asserting his dominance over dyel villagers with thumbless grip/wraps c. 2016 colorized

Rip's form, by definition, is correct