Be a personal trainer

>be a personal trainer
>people pay $600 a month to train with me and listen to me talk about fitness
>managers force me to go up to skimpy dressed hot girls and talk to them to get more clients
>start talking to every girl in the gym while they're working out
>when guys try to maddog me I just look at their eyes and they avoid my death gaze
>get paid minimum wage
how do I get out

minimum wage as a personal trainer? wtf?

take you and your clients to your own gym.

thats how most independent gyms start

Well wtf do you think they make?

stop posting the same fucking pic and same fucking thread you retard how many times do I have to tell you

fuck off user

Considering the average PT salary is about 50k/yr, a hell of a lot more than minimum wage. Wal mart greeters make more than that.

18-20 an hour here

fuck you queermo get a new pic I'm so fucking sick of this one

>Considering the average PT salary is about 50k/yr
LOL
that's google

At my university my lead professor put out an article on what personal trainers actually make, it's closer to 27K a year.
50K is for those that are working 40+ hours a week FULL of clients working at Equinox.

why don't you advertise your services as a personal trainer on your own? Even if gyms don't allow personal trainers, there's no rules against having "gym partners". I assume sessions are about 1 hour long right? If you undercut gyms for $400 a month, you could make about $100 a week off of one client. If you make eight 50 minute appointments with 10 minutes to spare you can make $800 a week. By the time gyms catch on to your shenanigains you could probably afford to rent your own space with just the essentials. Then you employ other trainers to train for you. Shit I want to be a personal trainer now.

Sounds like someone's fucked around and wasted their life

>Working as a PT at a chain gym

Anyone who does this is a dipshit. You become a PT to open up your own business and make money. Anything else is brainlet as fuck. Plenty of PTs make good ass money.

If you aren't working 40+ hours a week what the fuck are you complaining about?

I used to work at LA fitness
50k is what you can make a year only if you have a full schedule of only clients, which would be like 40 clients

which will never happen

Why don't you read the entire sentence retard
We work 40+ hours, we just don't have 40+ hours of clients.

>people pay $600 a month to train with me and listen to me talk about fitness
>get paid minimum wage
what the hell
go into business for yourself

it's almost like you should have went and gotten a degree

>600/month per person
So lets say one session is 1 hour and lets say youre extremely lazy so youre gonna train only 2 people a day 3 times a week. 6*600=3600/month hardly a minimum wage and thats only with 6 clients.

they have degrees for personal trainers

gym takes 90%

why the fuck do you think the gym pays hourly rates to personal trainers to fuck around and talk to people to recruit more clients?
because it pays off for the gym once they get someone to sign up.

They also have them for women's studies

>gym takes 90%
What a fucking cuck lmao. Never in my entire life i heard of gyms taking more than 50%.

how to deathgaze efficiently?

I see a lot of PT's at my gym with clients who are terribly out of shape and generally look like shit. Then I never see those same clients ever again and the PT's are training new clients who are again, out of shape, and will probably quit after a week.

Must be suffering trying to help people with 0 discipline or commitment over and over again. Maybe the clients that stick with it make it all worth it for anyone chasing a PT career, who knows.

If they make it they wont need a PT it's like nicotine patchs.

The PTs in my gym are absolute fucking retards
Guy one
>fat manlet, chubby and has a pretty big gut
>seen him bench 3x10 with 50kg and not make the third set
>also does some gay mana magic shit and sometimes goes around incorrecting peoples form because he doesnt know shit
Guy two
>thinks hes the shit
>hes actually not bad looking but still abit too fat and small
>his workouts with clients are laying on a mat for 30 minutes and doing meme ab excercises then has them do bench squat or deadlift and thats it
>he teaches to bench with the bar in line with the shoulders and half rep because full reps are bad. He just says bad no explanation
>deadlifts make me wanna kill him and myself, has weak women put on way too much weight and just pull it up with no form
>squats are the absolute worst
>had this woman who was maybe 50kg and weak as shit put on 10kg plates and squat
>told her to quarter squat because any more is bad
>again just “bad”
>the woman manages about 5 reps with her knees shaking
>no more sets and session over

There are like 10 more of these fuckers at the gyms i frequent
All look like shit, even the women dont have great asses
I hate these fuckers

My last gyms PT was a good guy tho
Actually had a masters in physiotherapy
Corrected peoples form and explained why
Has lifted for 30 years
Very aestethic, small waist broad shoulders, great pecs, 6’4 (no homo)
Also has multiple businesses and is rich

>If you aren't working 40+ hours a week what the fuck are you complaining about?
Not for 50k, you fly over state retard

Instead of being a little bitch and complaining daddy doesn't pay you enough why don't you apply for another gym that treats there staff better. The only reason I can presume you wouldn't get a better job is if your resume is lacking in that case your only worth minimum wage

/Thread

Yeah. He is way overpaid.

>larping as a pt

Go lift you dyel faggit

>We work 40+ hours, we just don have 40+ hours of work
Brainlet detected, you are getting overpaid!

>Work as a trainer for a few years
>Make $45/hr
>Take home about 60k/year working three days each week
>Paid to hang out at the gym all day and do what I want when I'm not working with clients

Sounds nice, right?

>Clients are weak-willed as fuck, train with me once a week and constantly blame me for lack of progress, then post pictures of pizza/happy hour food on Instagram.
>Majority of trainers are fucking retarded, make me ashamed of my profession
>Constant hustle to get new clients to replace quitters

It's not a bad job, but it can wear on you a bit. The culture isn't amazing.

How do you make new clients if you're not working at a chain?