I'm 6'4 (194cm) and have been lifting for 3.5 years give or take...

I'm 6'4 (194cm) and have been lifting for 3.5 years give or take. I've gained about as much muscle as the gains calculators would imply on good conditions - atm I'm cutting and getting down to 12% bf.

But I still barely look out of DYEL. Do I have to give it another 4 years before anything shows on my frame? I honestly don't think I've been fucking up that badly in terms of routine/training/nutrition and I'm definitely stronger.In Krav Maga classes if I get someone in a bear hug, unless they've been practising for years, almost nobody has the strength or technique necessary to beat me.

Is there anything that fellow giraffes could suggest other than simple time to have anything to actually show off?

>But I still barely look out of DYEL.

No, you look dyel as fuck

Veeky Forums has notoriously high standards but still, the point still does stand.

How does any extremely tall person ever have gains to show if they aren't on steroids or they haven't been training for a decade?

Routine?

I will never understand what people like you do to pull of shit like this. 3 and a half years for that. 1260+ days of time and that's what you do. It took me 7-8 months to go from 74kg to 91kg and I'm 190cm (6'3). In the meantime I managed to drop down to 85kg because of stupid shit, and now I'm climbing back up and am at 88kg which is when the pic was taken, and I was better looking before.
Get a fucking grip man and start doing something. You look like a skinny fat loser that never did a sport in his life.

>I don't think I've been fucking up in terms of routine/training/nutrition

Be truthful to yourself, because it seems like you have been fucking up. I'm the same height as you and I've been working out for almost a year now with better results than you. Started skelly mode at 163lbs / 74kg, now at 187lbs / 85kg.

Reevaluate your routine / diet, cus you should look much better in 3 years my dude

Jesus christ I've been lifting for 4 months and I have more muscle than you.

PPL for the last six months

Push:
Bench Press: 5x5
Incline Bench Press 5x5
Decline Bench Press 5x5

Legs
Squat: 5x10
Calf Raises: 5x10
Leg Raises: 5x10
Abductor/Adductor: 5x10

Pull:
Weighted Pullups: 5x(until fatigue, usually 8+)
Weighted Chinups:5x(until fatigue, usually 8+)
Face Pulls: 5x10
Cables: 5x10

>lanklets training for years with no results

When will they learn?

What's your routine? I'm honestly not trolling or genuinely thinking I'm doing anything wrong. If there's a mistake it's one of ignorance, as I do exercise pretty much on a daily basis.

Im no raoutine pro but that looks a tad shit to me

t. not a routine pro

Also, to be fair I'm 100kg in that picture I posted so there may be some muscle underneath it all.

Would you care to elaborate on why it's shit? I'd greatly appreciate any help

That 3 times a week? Mate you've been wasting your time ahaha.

It's simple: do more.

Nah, for the last 6 months I was doing it on an essentially daily basis. Plus boxing and the elliptical afterwards.

So how many exercises, how many sets/reps?

Add deadlifts, front squats, OHP and barbell rows.

OHP I do on the second push sequence for some variation. So I should just add them to their respective days and do them together?

Deadlifts I frankly avoid, as no matter the amount of weight I put on it, and no matter how much I take care of form I always hurt my back.

You cant do SS for 3 and a half years and expect to look good.
I do PPL and those exercises too, but I include isolation exercises as well. Triceps extensions, incline DB press, skull crushers, cable crossovers
Then pullback rows, preacher curls, hammer curls, BB curls and shit.

Shit routine add tricep extensions overhead press bicep curls and isolation exercises

>lifting for 3.5 years

So essentially increase the volume is the solution? How many exercises/sets/reps do you do then?

6'6" here. Your volume is low and your lifts are probably weak. Are you eating enough?

Deadlifts, some exercises for your core, dips, OHP, front squat, instead of decline Bench do some pec flys, more triceps. Basically work each muscle group twice or more (preferably) in different exercides each day you're doing it. If you're going for 3 days (PPL) , each day will be pretty full.

Maybe try a bro split: chest & tris, back & bis, shoulders & abs, legs (4 days, 6 exercises/day should take about an hour) aim to go as many days a week you can.

5x5 on the stronglifts and 4x8-12 on the isolation ones. And start working out more times a week.

For the last 6 months no I haven't been eating enough as I wanted to cut as I don't like going over 100kg (I was 108.5). I am almost at 1/2/3 in everything for reps. In squats I'm long past that. So I should do more volume - how many seconds resting?

Thanks!

Maybe give some more information on what the hell you've been doing all those years? Instead of telling us you're sure you dindu nuffin wrong because you obviously fucked up hardcore bro.

I already did in this thread

for the last 6 months yes, still leaves 3 years of unanswered mystery

1/2/3/ after 3+ years?
Come on user

Get outta here

SS for about a year, got fat because of a retarded flatmate that convinced me about the IIFYM macros meme.

then I kinda realised I could get laid without looking good so I half assed it for a year.

I travelled around for a while so mixture of SS when I had a gym handy, callisthenics and resistance bands when I didn't

6-7 months the PPL workout I posted whilst on a cut to get rid of the damage caused by IIFYM, lost 9kg so far, and 8 to go

For reps though and some exercises are more difficult on taller guys due to leverage differences. So I honestly don't see it as so bad.

So you did a year of SS which is a very long time to do SS and then you did fuckall for 2 years and now you started a shitty PPL routine and you have the audacity to claim you always trained right? I suggest you reread the sticky a couple of times and start an LP program again so you can properly progress to something intermediate.

>damage caused by IIFYM
You just admitted you fucked around for years and now you're trying to blame it on basic knowledge, you'd be a good candidate for HAES if you were fat

No, guess not... You know this is actually why I like Veeky Forums - brutally honest and to the point. Thanks, sometimes it takes someone to write it down and bluntly state how you fucked up for you to get the message.

>How does any extremely tall person ever have gains to show if they aren't on steroids or they haven't been training for a decade?
Have defined abs and huge shoulders/arms + back

Thats it. Fuck the rest it wont work or help. Doesnt matter you will have a thin ass waist.

Your programming is shit. Actually do some research, see what you're supposed to do to get bigger and stronger (not that PPL shit) and fucking do it.

Fucking trash
You're not a tweenage normal height man
You need fucktons of volume bro.

That bullshit you're doing isn't going to do shit except waste your time.
You'll get stronger, but you won't look one wit better.
The curl bro that's your same height? The one who does a dozen sets with 70% of your max? The one you're out benching?
He's bigger then you for two reasons.
Time spent in the gym
Sheer volume.

If there's anything this thread has made evidently clear it's the lack of volume in my training. How much is too much though?

>and have been lifting for 3.5 years
lifting the xbox controller doesn't count.

I have genuinely been doing exercise consistently several times a week. I'll admit that it hasn't been perfectly executed though, as evidenced by this thread.

You'll know it when you hit the wall
Look you go until that muscle group don't work right no more. Not till you get bored or run out of time.
If you do that for two weeks, you'll know that there's a hell because you're experiencing it the third week.
You need to push yourself to know your limits for a bit then dial it back. Once you know that you can organically judge how much effort and volume you want to put into your workouts in regards to peak strength and "mass building"

Peak strength is the typical 5x5 thing mass building is like 6x10-15 with 70+% of your weight, then moving onto another exercise to hit the same muscle group and going on like that till the muscle groups are pretty much done.

It's not your lack of volume, it's your lack of progression. You're not doing any more work.

when will they learn?
either hop on roids or stay skeltal, lanky boy