THE GREAT DEBATE

Do you count the 20kg bar when you record your lift stats or not?

of course not

You don't count your bodyweight when you're squatting so why would you count the bar?

Do you lift the bar?

I don't even count the weights

Use a bar with 0 weight, easy extra 20kg pb

Yes you count the bar. It weights 20kg and many start with that weight.

/thread
/final thread on this topic ever

Do you count the clips too? lmao

Is one pl8 20 or 25 kg? I mean a standard red pl8 is 25kg

thats cos your not american, 1pl8 is 45lbs, which is 20.4kg

>/therading yourself
>/threading yourself when you're ass wrong

Sorry user this /thread got /threaded

/thread see for /thread

>being this new
you can't thread yourself go back to plebbit

yes I do, since i have to keep track of the bar i'm using (have some 15's and 2 20)

Please guys

I'm pretty sure my gym's bars are more like 5kg

When telling people, yes. When updating my routine, no. Because -20kg is hard when at the gym.

do they do it at the olympics??

cause that should really end the debate.

someone look it up, whatever the olympics does we follow and debate is over until end of 2018.

You don't actually lift the bar so no. Also, don't forget to subtract weight for the holes in the plates. I usually subtract about 10% but 25% if the plates have those cut out handles.

some gyms have helium injected bars to make them lighter so I never count the bar

>2018
>trolling is still a thing

>2018
>still not going back to plebbit

Yup, and there's nothing you faggots can do to stop me. Cry all you want about it but I don't give a shit what a bunch of un/fit/ turbo autists say on a Nigerian basket weaving forum.

>someone look it up

Google down in your country?

>counting the barbell

>You don't actually lift the bar so no.
Are bars weightless in your gym?
Are you retarded?
Of course you count the bar, if the bar weighs 7 or 20 kilo that's a pretty big fucking difference for some lifts, eg curls

idiot.

absolutely terrible garbage taste friend

i count the bar when people ask how much i lift

i dont count the bar when i record my lifts for myself

Back to /r9k/ with you soyboys

absolutely garbage m8
you need to go back to plebbit right now

If i only had 20 kg bars I would, but my gym is pretty ghetto and has a few different standards. So I need to count the bars to be able to track.

heh

airheaded bimbo that will say anything to please
vs
stunning stylish woman with personality and goals of her own

I can smell the soy through my computer screen

>caring about womens goals and personality

>beta sub detected
Lmao, the sissy needs a stronk woman to take care of him
Go back to listening to feminization hypno bullshit while you do your cardio, faggot.

>woman with personality and goals of her own
did you completely forget the fact that she is also a robot?
also she looks like an ugly man

>Your cum will never drip down her chin

Is this shopped? She looks thicker than normal.

>needs a stronk woman to take care of him

This is what you beta soyboys don't understand. There's no pleasure in dominating weak women. Real challenge is in dominating an alpha woman but you will never know that. Go back to jacking off to your chinese cartoons,

>everybody calling everyody soyboy
We had fun with it and I'll always cherish the open mouth pics but it's time to end this meme, it's become a buzzword

>dominating an alpha woman
Enjoy your failed marriage and fatherless children, cuck.

Too /fucking bad /buddy

/thread

>Ethnicity: Caucasian

time to go faggot

You count everything. EVERYTHING. If you don't count the grains of dust on the plates you're not gonna make it.

Do you count the weight of the atmosphere?

>Do you count the 20kg bar when you record your lift stats or not?
My word is law. Anyone who disagrees is a newfag and needs to lurk moar.

When discussing a lift, you go by plates. Someone asks you how much you bench, if your max is 3 plates, you respond 3 plates. No need to say 315. Only faggots bother specifying the poundage outside of powerlifting meets. This is why breaking through to the next 45 lb plate increment is such a milestone. A 4 plate bench is light years ahead of a 3 plate bench which in turn is light years ahead of lmao2plates. Same with squat and deadlift.

>"And then he said that he counts the bar because he suposedly lifts it! Hahahaha"
>"Eww Typhlosion, i bet he even locks his knees out when squatting."
>"What a creep!"
This is you

>calls others newfags when self /threading has been around since the start of Veeky Forums
Irony overwhelming newfag

/thread

no, why would I count the 20 kg that I also lift when I describe how much I lift?

Everyone does

Stop using the metric system.

I only refer to the weight that I put on one side.

Eg 20kg = 60kg

yeah lets better use a system where all the units don´t have any connection to each other at all

Exactly

The Imperial system is superior for every day measurements. Leave the metric system in the laboratory where it belongs.

How much does a pull up bar weigh? If you can answer me that, I'll start counting the bar.

1pl8 is 110lbs/50kg - one red on each side.

Do you lift yourself or the pull up bar?

>The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid,[1] or Europid)[2] is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, which, depending on which of the historical race classifications used, have usually included some or all of the ancient and modern populations of Europe, the Caucasus, Asia Minor, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.[3]

>In biological anthropology, Caucasoid has been used as an umbrella term for phenotypically similar groups from these different regions, with a focus on skeletal anatomy, and especially cranial morphology, over skin tone.[4] Ancient and modern "Caucasoid" populations were thus held to have ranged in complexion from white to dark brown.[5]

You lift the weight attached to the bar. How hard is this to figure out?

brainlets always say this but never bother to back their retarded argument up

1pl8 is 20kg which means one red plate is 5kg and the bar is 10kg, but 2pl8 is 225kg obvo hurr durr

It's easier to visualize how long something is or how much it weighs with the Imperial system.

The metric system is fine for scientific work but it's perverse and evil to use it for other things - including weightlifting.

WHAT IS A PL8 GUYS? DO YOU MEAN THE STANDARD 45 LB PLATE? WHAT ARE YOU REFERRING TO?

what a faggot you just want a "bigger" number on your stats, it doesn't mean you're actually stronger

No you fucking retard.
With a pull up bar you lift yourself.
During an OHP you lift the bar and the weights.
I swear to god people on Veeky Forums are genuine, unironic retards sometimes.

>It's easier to visualize how long something is or how much it weighs with the Imperial system.
you still haven't explained WHY it's easier, it just sounds like you're regurgitating something you once heard and went 'yeah okay, I guess that makes sense' without ever stopping to think about it

>It's easier to visualize how long something is or how much it weighs with the Imperial system
Because you're used to it you stupid nigger.
If you think in metres (which would be one large step so even brainlets like you understand) then it's easier to think in metres.

So yes, IDIOT. You lift the bar plus the weights on the fucking bar, are you absolutely retarded?

because the bar is not a part of me. yet.

you sound like someone who has spent their whole life using the imperial system. also closed minded.

La creatura...

In weightlifting it's common to just say the number you're lifting minus 100. For example if I'm snatching 110 and cleaning 140 I'll say im lifting 10/40 today. This doea of couese not apply if youre a sub 100kg lifter.

The weightlifter is the total weight lofted from the ground. Bar included and if you say anything else you're literally brain dead

Are you a fucking nigger or something? It doesn’t matter how much a pull-up bar weighs because you’re not lifting the bar. You’re lifting yourself. I swear to god, you Americans made a huge mistake importing a bunch of niggers to your country

Damn. The Samsung keyboard really is shit.

Everything in this entire post is wrong. Well done.

based

change ethnicity to semite

For my own purposes, I only write down what I put on one side of the bar. For example if I benched 135lbs, I would write "45". I do machines mostly so it's simpler to keep track that way.

They count it in the olympics.

That's what I was arguing for the whole time you fucking retard.
That's also why his pull up example was stupid.
Jesus christ learn to read, brainlet.

The real question is do you count the bar when doing T-bar?

I just treat it like a normal Barbell weight wise because it's easier for my tiny brain to calculate the plates I gotta put on

If you're Europeans used to using the metric "system" I feel sorry for you, but if you're Americans using the metric system you should kill yourselves.

>brainlet can't come up with an argument, resorts to ad hominem
yeah you're american alright
also I love how you put "system" in scarequotes as if the metric system was some random, unsystematized group of measurement units with no solid, logical connection to each other when in fact this description would be perfect for the imperial system

>on Veeky Forums
>has kino taste
muh negro

so, you are saying i am a lobster?

/thread

Do you count the negative thoughts?

20kg? thought it was 15

Knowing how many of you don't count the bar, I'm going to count it twice from now on, to even out the score

>she has bangs
might as well serve me saltpeter before fucking her

Doesn't matter if you count the bar or not. As long as you're consistent.