Train your serratus anterior

Think about it, you do a bunch of rows where you train shoulder retraction, but then you go to do bench press and so on, and your scapula is locked down on the bench.

You are creating an imbalance between shoulder retraction and shoulder protraction. This will lead to a weak serratus, poor scapula motion, and various issues with your entire workout.

You MUST train your scapula. There are a bunch of shitty exercises related to physiotherapy rehab on the internet, but an actual good exercise is getting a dead ball and throwing it.

Don't just go and do the basic gym exercises. There are too many bullshit routines that neglect key muscles. Train your serratus anterior.

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BY_y6sRDnN9/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>he doesnt deadlift

deadlift has nothing to do with serratus anterior

Ok so what movement we talking here?

>he doesnt The Press

I do lat pullovers/straight arm pulldowns

get a heavy object and throw it away from you, probably upwards a bit. The idea being to let your shoulders actually come forward and around your body, but not to use pec minor, which does a similar thing, so angle upwards, the opposite direction of pec minor. Probably want to keep abs engaged.

It's not a key muscle. Doing push-ups trains the serratus.

doesnt do much for serratus. Need to push in natural way, not bench press way.

It is very much a key muscle. Not for "looks" but for function of your body, which will translate into looks. If you don't think it is key, stop training retraction in rows, and come back to me. If that is key, why isn't protraction? If you think training retraction isn't necessary in rows, you are either new or posture is fucked.

Just do full push-ups. Serratus trained.

>Not doing handstand/planche/pushup/ohp.
ishygidigy

I thought I was sposed to keep shoulder blades retracted.

Interesting theory OP

soooo, basicaly OHP?

I have huge serratus because I do every exercise with shit form apparently

>56% detected

Doesn't OHP work the serratus?

Or just do push ups, db pullovers, hanging leg raises, shit that doesn't make you look like a fag throwing a ball at the ground

Yes, mostly the parts responsible for rotation of scapula. Add in some protraction based stuff to get full workout. So basically upward and protraction gives you the dead ball throw kind of above incline press angle and below ohp which is just rotation, not protraction

I tend to get some DOMS in my serratus after doing dips..

No. instagram.com/p/BY_y6sRDnN9/

Throw ball up. Pushups are ok at serratus, but not ideal. Just stabilising. Decline push-up plus is ok I suppose. Push-up plus flat will hit pec Minor instead

Yeah works lower part of serratus

Just do some dumbbell pull downs.