How many days a week?

>how many days a week do you lift?
>natty or fraud?
>bulking or cutting?
Im training 5x per week since a couple of months and it feels like im progressing slower than i was before at 3-4x, is overtraining not a meme? Should you train less when cutting?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining#Signs_and_symptoms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

After your first 2 years you don’t have any noticeable difference in gains no matter how you train.

Inb4 all the delusionals come in claiming to have trained for years incorrectly then trained properly and exploded in size/definition.

That just doesn’t happen. End of story. If you don’t look good after 2 years don’t expect any significant changes to occur no matter how you train.

Im only training for 7 months

>it feels like im progressing slower than i was before at 3-4x
You may very well be.
I personally think I do best training every other day. I'd like to train daily but it always goes to shit.

How often you can train depends on a million factors including of course how you actually train. The harder you go at it, the less frequently you'll be able to do it and vice versa.

Your gains are slowing down. The wall is near.

As I said. Your 7 months in. You would have been making more progress in the first 2 months just lifting 2 days a week compared to now at 7 months with 5 days a week.

Now just imagine how non-existent your gains will feel when you’re at the 2 year mark, or even worse the 4 year mark. You soon realise your time spent in the gym is redundant.

2/day week full body is what most people who train smart do anyway. Monday/Thursday.

I train around 100 to 140 minutes with 2-3 min set pauses, doing the Reddit PPL.

>The wall is near
REEEEEEE
>You would have been making more progress in the first 2 months just lifting 2 days a week compared to now at 7 months with 5 days a week.
What im asking is though, does more training a week actually mean more gains? Or could i be better off by reducing my training to 4 times, or every other day?

As a rule, more training is better than less training. But there is a point of diminishing returns, meaning that you get less and less out of training more and more.
And after a certain point, training more will give no additional benefit. If you STILL keep upping the dose, you can even start seeing worse results.

Basically imagine a bell shaped curve, with a little more training being very good, a lot more training being a little better, a ton of training being a tiny bit better, and a fuckton of training being worse than just a lot of training.

Now this is all relative of course. What's "a lot" to you may be a little to the next guy, and the other way around.

For many people "a lot" of training is less than they probably think it is. But for many people it's more.

Most people make the mistake of viewing training is a vacuum. They look at what's on the paper and try to judge how effective the given training routine must be. But training can never be more effective than what you can recover from.

Obviously doing 20 sets is a more potent stimulus than doing just 1. But if you can keep improving your performance doing just 1 set whereas doing 20 would make you plateau hard, then doing just the 1 would give you better results longterm. Progressive Overload is necessary.

Of course the right answer for most individuals is probably more than 1 but less than 20. You'll have to experiment.

But the point is you cannot say that e.g. PPLPPLx is a more effective routine than PxPxLx. It might be. It might not be if it's excessive for the individual who wants to do it. There is no doubt that PPLPPLx would provide the strongest stimulus, but that does not automatically mean that it's always the most effective choice.

Sure, hitting a muscle group three times a week is better than once or even twice - if you can recover.
Doing a dropset for each exercise is better than just a regular set - if you can recover.
Lifting two hours a day is better than just one hour - if you can recover.
Etc.

3x a week natty cutting and hating life where are my abs

6x/week natty. still bulking. switching to cutting in 3 weeks

>>how many days a week do you lift?
6 days, but I'll start to train every day just because I enjoy being on the gym.
>>natty or fraud?
Natty.
>>bulking or cutting?
Bulking hard, I unironically want to bloatmax before cutting.

Natty
Cutting

anyone listening to this faggot is sub 100 iq brainlet

natty
slow clean bulk

natty
slow bulk, gained 5lbs in 2 months

>>how many days a week do you lift?
seven days a week
>>natty or fraud?
natty
>>bulking or cutting?
cutting

>natty or fraud?
Natty
>bulking or cutting?
Neither

>I dont lift only wii fit and zumba
>natty
>neither just maintaining

3-4 times a week, natty, cutting after an 1.5 year bulk where I gained 16kg. I feel small, I look small, my shoulders are lean but my lower belly is just all my fat so i look fine from the waist up then mr blobby for the 10cm to my legs...

Used to lift 6 times a week but job fucked me up so now just do 3 day full body workout.

I'm natural, you really need to lift more often you get gains.

What type of split are you doing? I do 5 day split during the weekdays and I'm growing every week.
42 yo
Back in the gym for two months from a two year hiatus

>4
>natty
>slow bulk

2 days a week

You might not make it brah

>t. I hit my peak after two years because I'm brainlet who can't into periodization
You have to look at it as
Frequency x Volume x Intensity.
If you are going to the gym every day and training till failure on compounds at 80%+ 1RM loads then you might be hurting your gains. However, given that you are making progress, then by definition you are not overtraining.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtraining#Signs_and_symptoms

>Should you train less when cutting?

High volume is generally a bad idea on a cut. High frequency, however, is generally better.

You should be in and out of the gym in less than an hour if you are cutting and training five days a week.

>High volume is generally a bad idea on a cut. High frequency, however, is generally better.
So what kind of adjustments would i make to a routine? Generally each of my PPL days starts with a 5x5 heavy compound lift, and then goes on with 3-5 assistance lifts at 3x8-12. Takes about 90-120 mins, sometimes longer

At fives days a week?
Stay 5x5 for your compound.
Pick your most compound assistance lift and then pick either a personal favorite and a prehab assistance lift.
So four lifts, two compounds, 1 prehab, and 1 you just want to work on.

Alright thanks, and yes, all 5 days. It's the Reddit PPL.

i can't even bench 120 lbs

I want to see better than this shit. I wasn't extending a favor; I was extending the last option, that you're laughed off and forgotten. Quitting, and welcoming the worst-case

2, if I can manage 3 I do some out of routine stuff+cardio.
Natty.
Bulking from skellymode, gained 7 kgs so far, will probably gain 3 more then do a cut, so I don't start stacking significant fat.

4-5 depending on if I train arms, on my 3rd week of 5/3/1 so hoping to hit some new PR's in the next 1-2 months
>natty or fraud?
Trying SARMS at the moment as a friend said he noticed some strength increases and his bf% dropped, and they're cheap af
>bulking or cutting?
Cutting just because I'm busy and not really eating as much as I should be

- 7 days a week, even if everything else needs recovery you can always train forearms, calves, and core
- natty
- bulking on ~4000 cals per day @ 5'10 185 ~13% bf

> trained for years incorrectly then trained properly and exploded in size/definition

you just described me. I'm 30, been lifting on and off (paired with high intensity sports) since around 16. I really only got serious about lifting a year ago, and even then I only lifted for 5-6 of the last 12 months. After training 7 days a week for the last ~11 weeks, I am the strongest, fittest, and heaviest I've ever been, with low enough bf% to still have visible abs and adonis belt. I'm also counting macros & calories, sleeping well, programming sensibly, etc.

In short, I think you can absolutely make big gains even if you've been lifting for a long time; BUT, if you've been lifting consistently and properly for a long time, then no, you probably won't have any big leaps simply because you're already growing at the optimal rate.