Does lifting help in fighting? Say either guy is trained in fighting and one lifts does the lifter have an advantage?

Does lifting help in fighting? Say either guy is trained in fighting and one lifts does the lifter have an advantage?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l_WJQxDfDhg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

couldn't hurt, there's definitely a lot to be said for size and strength in a fight. That said, if you have no idea to dodge/take a punch or break a chokehold, you'd better have a strong fucking neck

Obviously the stronger guy has a big advantage especially since most street fights with untrained fighters end up in a grappling situation the stronger guy would easily take the other guy down and finish him with elbows and punches

This

Most guys who lift are heavier and stronger assuming they're around the same height and fighting goes by weight class for a reason

A 160lb guy against a 200lb guy would usually be a cake walk for the bigger guy

Sheer poundage barely matters at all. But, people who are heavier usually are stronger though it's not an universal rule.

Really, in most fights I've seen between untrained people, the determining factor just ends up being luck.

A built guy untrained for fighting against a dyel untrained were talking about

obviously, you idiot.
once you get close enough to grab them, it's over.
slam them on their necks and walk off as he takes his last breathes.

This. Just grab ahold of the guy and pin him and make him your bitch and drop those elbows

breaths*

The way that real fights typically end:

One guy picks up the other guy and slams him into the ground. The fight is now over and you better hope dude doesn't have brain damage.

So yeah lifting helps a fuck ton. Real fighting is not about throwing out attacks. Lift and drop them.

gfycat com/RigidGlitteringAmericancurl

Yeah most fights do end like this when it's a street fight, basically comes down to who's stronger

Of course lifting helps in fighting but a little bit of Martial art training is much more valuable in a fight than muscles and strength. A guy who has trained a decent Martial art for 6 months will destroy a bodybuilder who has lifted weights for years.

I saw these amature mma fighters trying to pick a fight with my professinal boxing friend, last friday. He literally destroyed their faces. Serious. We had to stay there and explain the cops for like 40 minutes what the fuck happened when they arrived because the guys were completely out.

we know that man I said if both are untrained in fighting

guy who posted this here.

Here is how to win a fight in real life. I almost knocked out the wrestler who taught me this move.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_WJQxDfDhg

Strength, cardio and training.

Thanks for the post. Gonna do this to some asshole I know who keeps bothering me

Don't try throws you haven't practised at some point, it can end rather badly if you fuck it up. Just wait till he turns and choke him out, way easier.

Stronger guys always win

Not true, I've seen my pretty dyel muai thai friend beat up 2 pretty big dudes.

The OP said untrained fighters meaning people who don't fight for sport you mong

I can let smaller guys put me in a headlock then just pick them up with my neck and body slam them cus i squat 600

Reading the OP is for faggots

i mostly train MAs now but used to be really into powerlifting (still lift but mostly for maintaining strength/improving muscle endurance), yes technique trumps size for the most part but strength is absolutely a HUGE advantage

Didn't help Cormier

yeah it does help, just like boxing alone will get you a 6 plate diddly

As someone who lifts and has a bit of experience in martial arts, I'm still getting my ass handed tome in BJJ practice 9 times out of 10. As long as someone isn't weak, they'll just tire you out with technique and you'll get fucked. I worked with people heavier, lighter, fitter and less fit. Technique usually wins

I don't have any training but I've only ever fought guys who are bigger and walked away every time completely fine, not saying I won or kicked all their asses, in the heat of the moments I have no idea how many punches I actually landed and who technically won, but they gas out so easily and have never been able to hurt me
I'm 6'1 otter mode and I have 14 years motocross experience which gave me great reflexes
One guy was at least 6'4 200lbs and tried to slam me but I spun us on the way down and landed on top and ground and pounded him

>Does lifting help in fighting?
Certainly
>Say either guy is trained in fighting and one lifts does the lifter have an advantage?
This is a rather silly question. This is like asking who can lift more a fighter or a lifter, obviously a lifter has bigger chances to lift more, but saying the fighter being able to lift more is completely outside the real of possibility is wrong too. One complement the other, but each one has its own strengths.

this. lifters usually have no endurance.
it really comes down to experience fighting though.someone who has never been in a fight but has trained to fight will almost always loose against someone who has never trained but has been in many fights

Jones lifts more than chubster Cormier

>Hurr Durr who'd win if
Keep your hands up
Chin down
Do cardio
Learn to throw a punch
Learn to roll your shoulders when you get a choke
Protect your liver
Control distance
Get in those low weight high rep workouts
Have sex
Footwork footwork footwork