>look like literal dyel
>away from home gym
>go to commercial gym for the first time
>receptionist obviously thinks I'm some kind of new year resolutioner
>literally everyone dwarves me
>everyone is also weak as fuck
>tfw strength =/= size

It's a mixed kind of feel.
I swear, during my last diddly warmup set with 405, some swole bros walked up to me and asked me if I'd ever tried this lift before, they had that "it can't be done" smile. Meanwhile I'm literally ashamed of my sub 500 dead.

Anyway, how the fuck do people get so big without being at least moderately strong? They definitely weren't on roids, they weren't huge or anything but definitely looked like they lifted way more than me, yet they seemed to think a 405 dead was impressive as fuck when it's literally novice tier.

Nice humblebrag, dyle fag

that's not what the topic is about though, but sorry my literal novice numbers offended you

combination of volume and vitamin S breh. A lot of people completely neglect lower rep strength work.

> some swole bros walked up to me and asked me if I'd ever tried this lift before, they had that "it can't be done" smile.
And you didn't fuck with them?
>Actually it's my first time.
>Can you check my form.
>Band out reps
>Whew that hard
>add on more weight
>ask them to watch
>bang out reps

>405
>novice
He's larping, idiot.

>better duelist than her deck
>better to be able to pilot an average deck well than to fumble a tier 1 modern

my friends has this slavic fucking retard strength or something. he easily lifts the heaviest in the gym, but is not even close to being the biggest. i'm dyel myself but it's fucking hilarious watching the bigger dudes get insecure

t.third rate duelist with fourth rate deck

I have two buddies who are both skinny twinks but are hitting over 4 plate dl, repping 3 plate squat, and hitting 300 on bench. Both of them weigh 135-150 range. Dudes go crazy seeing them lift heavy

imagine being so insecure that you come onto a fitness board to gloat about your numbers, claim you are "a complete DYEL newfag", then get upset when someone calls you out for it

because they don't deadlift consistently or with any type of planning or logical routine structure, otherwise those bigger guys would blow you away on deadlifts

people who go to the gym to look good don't focus on relatively aesthetically inconsequential lifts

>"skinny 135 pound twinks" putting up stats that professional athletes would have

>people will believe this

My guess is that your body utilises itself better when your aren't cheating by injecting yourself

I can bench as much as some big people but I am not as freakishly big

I feel ya' OP. The first time I put a piddly 2pl on the squat rack, a casual glance around the bird-leg gym showed looks of disbelief.

>bait, the thread

3pl8 squat isn't holy shit hard, I can do that and only started squatting routinely for 4 months ish

I can do 2pl8 bench but I don't know how many lbs that is

180 + bar. so 225 lbs.

Benching 300lbs sounds like bullshit then, maybe 1 rep

That's basically 3pl8. No reason to try and bench 300 exactly because that'd be 2 plates plus 2 20's and a 2.5 lb.

>Anyway, how the fuck do people get so big without being at least moderately strong?
by eating, you dumb little twink

A 300 lb max is 3 pl8, you'd need to do 2.5 pl8s for reps at the very least, it's clearly just bullshit.

OP you are obviously a complete n00b to lifting because you'll later realize bodybuilding (if that's your goal) is not about how much weight you can lift, rather how good you look.

Think about it, is a chick really going to ask what your numbers are on the beach or in a club? Also, I don't always lift heavy but when I do it's more than a skinny DYEL.

>MUH DEADLIFT
>MUH SQUAT

you realize these are lower body and posterior chain lifts right ? the muscles involved in these lifts arent visible if you wear baggy pants. only the traps might give it away but even that is easily overlooked.

now if you were to bench 315 for reps and OHP 200+ for reps you would look atleast decently big because those are the muscles people can actually see. nobody cares about your legs faggot and I dont understand how you would think just because someone has a big upper body they are good at the DL ?

post your body and your 200kg dl

I agree user, unless it's the OHP, some girls were literally staring at me in the gym when I OHP their bodyweight for reps. it's the GOAT lift and once you OHP a girl at the beach or a festival you get mired by all girls around.

>once you OHP a girl at the beach or a festival you get mired by all girls around.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>3pl8 squat isn't holy shit hard, I can do that and only started squatting routinely for 4 months ish

How much do you wanna bet this guy thinks his 3/4 squats count?

No beginner weightlifter ever looks good. If you're at a 405 deadlift, you've probably been lifting for a year or so. I bet you're bigger than most of the guys that have been doing 4x12 delt flies for a year, even if it's not thoroughly impressive.

You're a novice, expect to look like a novice. Now, if you've got a 440lbs squat and a 315 bench, it's way more likely that you'll be bigger than all the weakfags that have been lifting for as long or longer than you have but never lifted heavy.

OHP is definitely an exception ;)

of course I know that, who the fuck doesn't. but look, arnold was strong, ronnie was strong, I just didn't think you could look good without having at least *some* strength

OP here, I OHP 78kg for 3 and shoulders are literally non existent.

jesus christ, what happened to Veeky Forums ?
I just came back after 8 months or so, is 405 not considered novice anymore? If you can't pull 405 you don't have any business talking about lifting, you do know that right?

don't record any of my lifts, and I'm not DLing again until friday.
body is unimpressive, fat, huge faggot legs, 94kg last time I checked @1m80

Your muscles aren't non existent you're just fat.

You obviously didn't know that if you're walking in there judging guys 3x your size for the lifts that you see them do when in reality they could really crush your DYEL body.

I do eat. I'm 94kg or so.
Deadlift is probably about 480-490 or so, never tried 1RM. I do have some glutes but that's about it. no traps or forearms (despite muh DOH) to speak of.

fucking sub 405 pullers getting assblasted lmao

one of the strongest squatters and deadlifters at my gym is a 20something year old guy who looks like he does some light lifting, maybe plays football, but does not squat 140kg+ for reps and front squats 100kg for reps
fucking mental watching him
not sure about his other lifts, but he also does some olympic liftig I think

looks better than the other way around though.
only people on here obsess over lower body. i train it because of diddly but I acknowledge it's pretty unaesthetic past a certain point

>americans

The point is you have to train both. It doesn't look better than the other way around at all. People don't give a fuck about legs until they're not there. Train your legs enough so people don't notice them if that makes sense. Everything in proportion.

it absolutely does look better though.
that's why most people skip le epic leg day xD
it's just not that important in order to look good
pretty it has something to do with the fact that humans assess strength based on upper body size

pretty sure*

3pl8 squat after 4 months of serious squatting and a few months of fucking around is absolutely realistic though. It might be kinda impressive, depending on what he dit before, which program he's been running for the last 4 months, his height/weight, but definitely realistic nonetheless.
Some people are stronger than you, just deal with it.

Post body, I find that hard to believe. You probably look better than you think.

a friend of mine squatted 275 his first day in the gym, and squatted 405 after a few weeks of random maxing without a set routine

he's now top 100 nationally in his weightclass two years later and squats 6pl8

it's tough but genetics are a thing and some people are just born to lift

>implying i can even DL lmao 2pl8

you'll get there femanon

well to be fair that's much more impressive than squatting 315 within 4 months of *squatting seriously* (not 4 months of lifting)

>skinny bamboo legs with a large torso looks good

So you’re the idiots Botox and fake tits are sold to

I just hit 190kg diddly and I would not be able to tell I lift

I squat 370 and my legs look like twigs. I'm thinking about doing 3 working sets of lowbar, and then 3 plate or so working sets highbar just to overdo it. I tried doing that with leg press and it did nothing.
I hate the meme of accidentally getting huge legs. Lucky cunts.

I had large legs before I started lifting and that was at ~1.5 plate as a beginner now I am nearing 4 plate and my legs look almost the same

>I'm ashamed of my sub 500 dead
I was really proud of my 235 dead the other day. . . .

>it's called a good routine, bud

This is a fucking copypasta

>going to a gym full of niggers

why would you do this?

Most I've gotten to is 3pl8, but yeah my legs haven't really grown a huge amount either.
I don't get the people who say they have to buy new jeans every month because of squats, I've worn the same jeans since I squatted around 80kg with no issue. I wonder if they're just getting fat or keep buying skinny jeans.