Been working out for like a month. Always had muscular legal. So quick question...

Been working out for like a month. Always had muscular legal. So quick question. Are 7 plates on each side using this machine considered really good? Total is 630 pounds. I felt like i could of added another plate on each side but I did so many reps that I was sore. Help

Legs***** hate spelling shit wrong

Do squats instead and after you finish them do 3x20 on the leg press.
>you do do squats right?

Sometimes. But I'm gonna get more into them. This machine tends to workout the front of my thighs and not the back. So I'll do squats more

what's your ROM like?

Yes but how's your squat?

literally have no way to know, depending on which leg press in which gym you use 630 can feel radically different which is why leg press is fucking worthless as a measure of strength

>630 pounds
First of all, look for the sticker on the leg press that says what the carriage weighs and add that.

Second, it's 45 degrees, so it's not 630+ pounds. Multiply the total by 0.707 to get the actual mass you're pushing.

Third, you can do much more on leg press than you can squats. For instance, at my best, I can put 9 or 10 sets of 45 pound plates on a similar press, and do at least 3 sets of 15.

Fourth, what you're capable of is AVERAGE for someone of AVERAGE fitness. Sorry.

you can't brag about leg press because if you get too high people assume you aren't bending your knees

>is 630lbs good?
consider this: at 13 i could 1rm 700 on leg press
so... its not good yet, and thats normal, considering its been only a month
keep at it, and watch it go into 4 figures

>leg press

Prioritize the squats

at that experience level, and assuming proper form, your actual squat is probably in the 200s max. for 1 rep. which is better than being totally untrained.

if you use bitch form, then your squat is probably in the 100s, if that. leg press is an *assistance* to squat, not a *replacement*.

Post the leg press webm

If you want to hit more of the hamstrings on this machine, place your feet higher on the footplate

This. Leg press is a fine exercise, but squats are the superior leg workout. Not only are you actually holding the weight up, you're range of motion is lower, giving you a better workout for your quads/ass. Free weights are generally better than any sort of streamlined machine because you also work balance and control, whilst machines disregard that so you're just pushing weight, you're not lifting weight.

As far as the weight goes, it could be a decent level, but it depends how deep you're going with the press. Some people set up thousands of pounds and barely nudge the press, some people have half as much but go much deeper. As this guy said, prioritize squats and make sure to get correct depth.

Good advice. I have my feet placed like this and wide apart on the platform to emulate the squat and working through a wide ROM. I press 8pl8s (720lb) for 5 knees almost to my chest and squat 340lb for 3x5. Average at my gym is like 5pl8s

if the goals is aesthetics, squats are literally unnecessary. unbelievable how many of you fags STILL haven't figured out the sticky is a troll despite the fact almost everyone who posts here looks like complete shit.

>

tomoko why r u so smug

Tbh you're right. I love browsing Veeky Forums but I always see threads about people who've done starting strength for a year or who can deadlift and squat multiple plates and they wonder why they still look like shit. I do a brosplit and haven't squatted or deadlifted for over a year, but I'm confident I'm more aesthetic than a large portion of the board.

i'm with you my man, bro split is where it's at as long as you aren't autistic and know what to target. the best thing i ever did lifting wise was stop listening to this place.

Until we see that you have huge legs and no ass. Confirmed for no BF.

Even Arnold knew you had to have a strength foundation before moving to aesthetic building techniques.

>before moving to aesthetic building techniques
key phrase. you shouldn't be doing SS for a year or more like people who post here do. that's pants on head retarded.

Fags

Change your feet placement if you want to try different areas of your legs.

Higher up on the platform works more back
Lower down works more front

Also where you point your toes will change whether your inner or outer gets worked more.

Has anyone had much success using the leg press to fix quad weakness in the back squat? I'm absolute trash at squats and my deadlift is more than 40 kilos higher so I basically end up doing a good morning and letting the posterior chain do the work. I've started just front squatting exclusively which I can barely do at about 60-70% of my back squat, but tried leg pressing too and it seems to do a good job forcing the quads to pick up slack

A year of SS is quite reasonable.

Have you tried doing the squats with lighter weight but performing the rep much slower while really getting the form down?

I don't think using a machine is a good way to fix deficits you have on compounds. If you wanna try it add it at the end and see if that helps.

subtract body weight and thats more or less your squat if you’re doing it right. its good not great.

how do i get a big juicy man bum tho

but whyyyyyy? unless your an old fuck with a destroyed back I see no reason to leg press over squatting. Like I can work legs way harder on the squat with half the weight I'd use on the leg press, so even if your goals are purely aesthetic focused Its still a good idea to squat.

I'm not saying the leg press is completely bad, like I sometimes leg press after I squat just to get more leg work without further fatiguing my lower back, but doing a leg workout with squatting is (in my opinion) working your legs without using the best leg exercise.

Post body

I'm OP. And how exactly is any of this a troll?

I don't think your trolling its just a weird question to ask because I don't know anyone who really has strength standards for the leg press, like its not a lift I'd ever think to seriously track progress on, not that its necessarily bad to do so it just seems weird.