Today I will begin my journey to transform. How do I start? Doing 20 pushups leaves me sore for days...

Today I will begin my journey to transform. How do I start? Doing 20 pushups leaves me sore for days. Is it healthy to work out when youre sore?

Shave and start taking hormones.

There is no recovery from that body. Might as well become a trap.

here you go famalam

Remove all soy products from your diet. That means no more soylent!

it's not exactly known what causes soreness but your muscle is recovered and ready to be stressed again after 48 hours

You can power through soreness. Keep at it like 3 times a week and the soreness will go away in about 4-6 weeks, I'm guessing you're in your early 30s.

Stretch about 10-15 minutes like 3 times a week, it will help.

Pushups are perfect for starting out.Just make sure to complete them slowly.As for soreness its fine but know the difference between it and pain.Before you know it you wont get sore anymore and pushups will take too many reps to feel adequate, then its on to some weights.I used to do 200 a day myself and now just do 25 slowly as a warm up.

>4-6 weeks
???
Do recovery times increase as you age? When I worked through the soreness it took 1 week for DOMS to go and stay go

You're never gonna make it m8, forget about it. Just eat yourself into sweet oblivion instead of tormenting your soul for 20 pushups.

yeah, your only chance is for a chad to find you attractive and take care of you. you just got to let him fill your boipussy with his tasty cummies

what do you mean, dipshit? it's known
you tear your muscle fibers when you lift and they grow back stronger. this is literally what makes you build mass. they're sore because after a hardworkout and/or after you start working out after never lifting before you're going to be sore.

what do you mean complete them slowly?

First day after lifting I couldn't even fucking move I had doms so bad

>How do I start?
Read the God damn sticky

You need to eat below maintenance and cut the body fat before you try to start building lean body mass

I mean hold at the top then bottom.dont just drop down or spring up either.slow and in control.you might be only be able to do 15 this way but its the better way.

dude what? i thought bulking was good for getting fit.

>Doing 20 pushups leaves me sore for days.
You need more protein.

>sore for 4-6 weeks
No idea what this guy is talking about. I’m 37 and have been lifting like it’s my religion since age 17. Your body adapts over time. I can hit each body part 3 times a week now and have minimal soreness if any. I either recover faster or don’t notice the pain anymore but either way I have adapted.
My recommendation:
Workout A:
1. 3 sets of 10+ push-ups
2. 3 sets of 10+ sit-ups or 3 x 30+ second planks

Workout B:
1. 3 sets of 10+ body weight squats
2. 3 sets of 10+ body weight Calf Raises

Alternate these workouts every other day and take a day off when you need one, but never skip more than 2 days in a row. There isn’t much you can do with body weight alone unless you incorporate a pull-up bar and a bench, and in that case you might as well be lifting weights. Anyway, once this routine no longer makes you sore you should look into lifting.

Also, stop eating junk food and drinking soda. You’re not 10 years old anymore so stop eating like a child.

i wouldnt mind encorporating a pull up bar and a bench asap. its probably good to work on all muscle groups as equally as possible, yeah?

you look like a loser

>Go to the gym monday - friday and do compound lifts until you reach the point of exhaustion
>increase weight you are lifting by 5 pounds every week
>Consume between 150-250 grams of protein per day

Been doing this for 7 months and have made visible progress

people make gains without DOMS often, and it's not an indicator of a good workout necessarily. The mechanism that causes DOMS is a matter of debate with no solid research.

thats pretty fucking inspiring, man. what are compound lifts though? also, did you start from scratch or were you doing pushups ect first?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

congrats on losing 15 lbs in 3/4 of a year...

You look to be between 20-25% body fat, very common and definitely not too bad of a place to start, you need to eat at a decent caloric deficit (cut) and start lifting. Buy a body fat caliper and use it to get a better idea of what your bf% is. I recommend reading the wiki, but I'll summarise a few important points for you.

The muscle soreness is just DOMS, look it up, it usually only lasts a couple days each time and you just have to push through it. You may get DOMS a few times but keep working out and in a few weeks you won't get it anymore and you'll start to miss it.

In terms of diet calculate your TDEE online and eat 500-700 calories below it, get around 1g protein per pound of body weight (better to be over than under). The reason for this high protein intake is your need to minimise muscle loss on your cut, in fact you will most likely gain a decent amount of muscle mass even while cutting because of nooby gains from lifting. Cut to approx. 15% bodyfat (should take you a couple of months maybe), or until you're happy with how you look. Then start a bulk.

Get a gym membership, follow a weightlifting/bodybuilding routine. I recommend following a PPL (push pull legs) routine, search for a good one online. PPL routines are usually a high volume 6 day per week routine with 1 rest day. If 6 days a week is inconvenient, there are many other good routines out there, find one that fits you best.

everyone has to start somewhere.
considering how fucked the before picture is, this seems pretty good. can i do better?

Not when you already have an excess of body fat. You need to shed all of that first, then you can afford to gain body fat while you're building muscle.

>Do a beginner routine like ICF, GSLP etc, check out the sticky or /r/fitness for some. Yes I know it's reddit but that subreddit is a decent source of information especially when starting out
>Calculate your TDEE and eat 500 - 750 below your maintenance, check out calculators. You'll probably end up skelly but it sure as hell is better than doing a long ass recomp eating at maintenance or eating at a surplus and getting fatter.
>Try to eat at least 1g protein per your lbs in bodyweight
>Weigh all of your fucking food when counting calories
>Read the sticky
>Push through the soreness, that goes away after working out for a while.

When you 50 lbs overweight losing 15 pounds is nothing. You don't appear to be quite as fat but 7 months is a long time; you can certainly do better.

>losing 15 lbs

I started at 230 lbs and I'm 247 lbs now so I didn't lose weight

Compound lifts are
Bench press
PHO
Squat
deadlift (I currently don't do these)
All my compounds are 4 sets 6 reps
I supplement with 3x8 pullups and 4x8 rows for my back.

>PHO
I meant OHP