/fat/ - PROGRESS REPORT EDITION

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>If you are overweight or obese, you should shed body fat before you try to build muscle mass. That means eating below your TDEE

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>discord
discord.gg/5DMREpw

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfFZDR3G03Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Starting weight: 218 on December 30
Current weight: 199.8 as of this morning
Goal weight: 165 by June 1

We're all gonna make it lads :D

havent taken a shit in a week, weekly weigh in is up despite still eating at a deficit,

>Crossed over the line from Class II (Moderate Risk Obesity) to Class I (Low Risk Obesity) at Christmas
That's a pretty big step too.

I started at 6'2" 305lbs. Morbidly obese (class 2) and almost Super Morbidly obese (class 3). That was in April

I lost 43 pounds by June, bringing me to class 1 obesity and then it slowed down for the next couple of months. It feels like I'm back on track now. Feels good man.

Same user, sometimes being constipated and having buildup can skew your weigh in by a couple pounds even, do a detox or take some laxatives

New Years fag here, started at 220ish on the 1st, already down to 205 (Last weighed in on Tuesday).

Is this unhealthy? I get lightheaded a lil-bit throughout the day but it goes away after I eat something. Thinking it might be low water intake or low sugar intake.

How much and what are you eating?

Awesome job user

>changed my diet
>dont know if its working yet
>getting paranoid thinking it isnt
doesnt help that my weight isnt going down even tho im eating 1500cals and working out very hard

I am eating 1750cals a day right now, started off the year at about 1900 (was much worse then). Its nothing like I am going to pass out or anything and it usually only happens when I go from laying/sitting down to standing up really fast.

I have been eating peanut butter almost every day cause it helps the sweet tooth fuck off, a lot of chicken/turkey/pork, almost no cheese, protein shake every day after gym and then fill with other shit that I can make that was told to eat, to be honest I think I should be eating more veggies.

I also like doing a decent amount of cardio each day I work out and thats at least 5 days a week for 2-3 hours.

Started at 6'1" 265lbs back in May of 2017 now 195lbs doing a combination of OMAD from May through December 17 and 2 weeks of 5 day water fasts in January 18.

I went from wearing XLs to 2XL and my 32 waist ballooned up to 36 so I knew I had to make a change. Feels good to go out and eat whatever I want and not feel guilty. I'm now wearing Larges and back to 32/34 in pants.

The next goal is to push for 2 more weeks of 5 day water fasts to get to 185lbs. We gonna make it boys.

Question: Do you measure your waist at your actual waist (belly button) or your hips (under your gut)?

I've been fat so long that I wear pants on my hips otherwise they'll fall off, since my waist:hip ratio is over 1

FUCK THAT
I'm too inconsistent with my workout because I don't go outside much because I don't like how much of a fat fuck I am.
I'm just going to water fast for a month until I'm not a little bitch that is ashamed of himself.

At the widest point.

Are you lifting at the gym or just doing cardio? If so how often are you lifting?

Yeah I do both, I usually lift for about 60-90 minutes and then do cardio for 30-60 minutes.

Weighed myself this morning and I was 198 lbs. Drank a glass of water and put on clothes and I weigh 203 lbs. Is my scale fucked?

No you just can't lose weight blame genetics

>Drank a glass of water and put on clothes
did you weigh yourself naked?
if so you are aware clothes have a weight to them and so does water

there is no such thing as detox.

Fiber and water boys; be careful with your BMs. Constipation can literally kill you, and if not that it'll at least fuck up your weight loss and/or destroy your asshole.

home scales can be pretty inaccurate. also your clothes can weigh a few pounds

>graduated high school at 235 lb (5' 10")
>dropped down to about 180 by sophomore year of college by just playing hours of Vidya at home on a treadmill
>workout just enough to get mired and get laid
>floated under 200 all college
>drop out and put on weight
>255 lbs at Christmas (age 25)
>been doing fasts and already down to 240

my motivation the first time was to get laid, but now I'm in a relationship so I'm doing it to not be fat, but I gotta say that sex was the best motivator ever.

anyone else find the glory of /fast/ing?

Nope my outfits are usually 4 pounds in the winter

>clothes have a weight to them and so does water

Jesus, Sean Penn even made a movie about it.

>there is no such thing as detox.
I wasn't sure about that when I was shitting a foul smelling liquid outta my ass at 36hrs in. Smelled pretty fucking toxic to me.

>Have 2 month long episode of anxiety
>stomach in in knots everyday
>Can only stomach oatcakes and vegetables
>Lose 10kg in 2 months
>Lose mostly fat and very little muscle
>Feelsgoodman
I'm on medication now and I feel a lot better, but I'm going to work to keep the good eating habits I picked up

What is the best lifting routine for former fatties?

Started at 285 and right now I'm at 210. Going to get a gym membership next month.

Should I change how much I'm eating if I start lifting?

pic related would be my eventual goal

>anyone else find the glory of /fast/ing?

Fasting Master Race reporting in.

Started with 5:2, then AFD, OMAV and now working on extended water fasts.

Just working out the kinks in my snake juice recipe (can't find a good potassium sulphate source in my "shithole" 3rd world country)

Trying to find a source for "NoSalt" to continue forward.

Still progress has been good since I started in November.

Height: 173cm / 5"8'
Weight at start: 116kg / 256 lbs
Current weight: 99kg / 218 lbs
TDEE: 2,144
Calorific deficit: 1,800 per day.

If you wanna look like that you don't even need a gym membership lol. I'm pretty close and I've just been doing bodyweight, cardio, pull ups on my pull up bar, squatting while holding boxes n shit. gyms are for getting ripped imo. Your pic related is barely normie ripped.

I started IF two weeks ago (sorry I didn't reply to you supplements user, I did go and do some research of my own however). Good grief does it kick weight loss up a notch.

I've had a really busy week, so just haven't had the time for the exercise I really want to. But even without exercise I've lost .75kg this week, which is a massive amount considering I've only got 10ishkg left (gone from 85 to 63kg) to go at absolute most (eating around the same as I was before, so between 1-1.5k calories).

Almost need to make sure I eat a bit more next week as that's a touch too fast for my liking.

I'm had medical training (vet- but our basic anatomy is essentially the same as human medicine). I assure you, there really is no such thing as detox. Unless your liver and kidneys are fucked then your body automatically does a 'detox' on a daily basis. Sounds like you had diarrhoea, which could have been caused by a plethora of things. However, there is malabsorption but that's an entirely different story...

Honestly dude, your GI system is pretty clever and in healthy adults will sort itself out. The high likelihood is that you just hadn't been eating anywhere near enough fibre.

guys im starting to realize i need an addiction (like literally anything, video gaming, opening boxes, walking around, talking to people or looking for shit) to keep me sane and especially to help myself not get addicted to food

is this normal?

Then make your addiction improving yourself physically and mentally. Win win situation.

AKA something to do
And yes most people are fat

Post pic

ok i have lost 12 kg in those last 4 months but now i have 2-3 days that im totally depressed and just want to end it all and eat tons of shit and im almost going to do it now that im only 8 kg left to 8% bf aprox, should i just leavfe evertything and eat bad and shit ? or should i just keep pushing, s fucking hard dammit

Also i can get the motivation to continue, been 3-4 days im total sad and i cant continue and im eating bad, im becoming fat again because i have no motivation to continue, now that i was so close

cant*
how can i resist and continue being normal and not fat again, it is not worth it i die for eat chocolate or beer or fried chicken with burguer dammit how can i control!! i just cant do it i want to cry

any thoughts on what you prefer?
I tried doing extended fasts but gave up after day 4 because of water shits.
sticking to 2 day fasts/omad until I can figure out a better system.

do the shits go away after a couple of extended fasts?

>lose 3.6lbs since last weigh-in
>get 1 like, 1 comment
>girl loses 0.4lbs since last weigh-in
>gets 27 likes, 14 comments
why

How is it so much harder now that you're so much closer to your objective? What has changed for you?

why are you attentionwhoring in the first place

MFP does it automagically

oh damn yea something to do lol

i didnt think of it that way, welp i guess im good just gotta find more shit to do then really

I dont know, it happened to me already like 10 times in my life, i see myself very fat and ugly, lost 20 kg, then now see myself " decent ", then relax for a few days, yes days, not week or months, and gain again those 20 kg very fast because i have relaxed and lost the motivavtion, im now in that point, i even finished my goal yet, still 8 more kg to go to perfect but i lost my motivation already and i know how my mind works, i just want to uncontrol already and stop and eat pizza, etc ice cream etc i just lost the motivation like always, is hard, i can continue but is hard, my motivation was i was fat and ugly but now i see myself good and i dont have motivation, my dream is have 8% bf but i cant continue because i have no motivation for continue, dammit i was so close, i just changed my mind i just dont want to continue and im eating toons of shit, today i ate like 10.000 kcal ( yes ) and im afraid of becoming fat again for 10th time, im 30 years old, thanks for reply, sorry my english, i just want to cry dammit, fucking hate this, all effort for nothing, looks too far for me to arrive 8% bf, i never arrive, only arrive to 18% aprox like i am now, but im going back to 30% dammit

The fact that you recognize this behavior in yourself is good. You know that if you give up on fitness again, you will become fat again. What more motivation do you need? Maybe you need a new body goal -- like getting super buff or something.

How am I doing bros?

Started my diet in early October, started running/lifting last week.
6ft
Down to 235 from 270.

Why care? You're doing it for you, not for the attention.

my motivation is lose all bf possible to see myself shered 5-8% like i did in 2008 only, the rest only arrive to 18%, i just want to arrive to 5% again and maintain there dammit, then build muscle fat but jesus fucking christ i love eating pizza or ice cream or shit with fats and sometimes i got the anxiety and do it

dude im in the same boat, i just realize that whenever im not harshly dieting i consider food as my hobby, you should try and find something to hook yourself onto

thanks ill try,

Oh,
>progress report edition

Started (yet again) in August 2017 at 183 lbs. Down to 136 now. Started cutting at 1800 and slowly worked down to 1500. Added IF in during November, down to 4 or 5 hour eating windows.

Not sure why, but this time it was like a flip switched in my head and the desire for my goal is stronger than anything else and it feels so easy. Like I finally have ultimate control of my body. I hope everyone else here can have the same thing happen to them.

I don't know why but I start to get very tired whenever I drink soda ever since I started to limit myself to one can a day max. This doesn't seem normal, my brother with glaucoma mentioned he had similar issues so I'm now worried that I have issues with my eyes that go beyond nearsightedness, anyone else have this issue.

>Goals
Don't set goals. Instead, have intentions.

Your brain doesn't know the difference between setting a goal, and reaching it. This video really helped me to realize that setting "goals" is counter-productive. Your depression may be because you're on the "downslope" of goal-setting. Ignore his god-awful collar, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=XfFZDR3G03Y

Also, keep in mind that you're making a life change, not a temporary one. You're too old to be bingeing on pizza every night. The blood sugar ups-and-downs may be contributing to your depression right now.

>I start to get very tired whenever I drink soda
Then don't drink soda. It's terrible for weight loss and your teeth.

Yeah, I've been weaning myself off it over the months and have been drinking a lot more water. I'm mostly worried about the potential health issue that the caffeine is exasperating, is it because I've stopped drinking so much that it now makes me tired? Why does it make me tired now? I think I need to see my doctor and have an eye checku.

Regular soda? I could be because of blood sugar and diabeetus.

Your calorie deficit seems awfully strict for that much activity, which is probably why you're experiencing some of those symptoms. The solution is either up your caloric intake or decrease activity.

Also, check your macros and that you're getting enough water, sodium, and vitamins and minerals.

First, just quit soda now. You'll thank yourself for it later. Second, if you really think it's a problem, then there's no harm in seeing a doctor.

how tall are you, Im trying to get down to 195 from 216, at 212 right now.

>a month
Ambitious goals are doomed to fail. Start small. One day at a time.

Is Qdoba low carbs? I had some with friends after a few rounds of ultimate frisbee.

Nice, what have you been doing for exercise? Anything?

Nothing major, my job keeps me walking throughout the day. I do some weights/calisthenics at home before my OMAD meal.

I'm planning on hitting the weights much harder once all the BF is gone.

>trying my best
>boss gets upset with me often
>worried about losing my shitty min wage job
>anxiety hits constantly
>stuff face with food when i get home
>food is the only good part of life desu

never gonna make it, lads. i'm too much of a pussy to suicide. if i don't get killed in a car accident maybe i can eat myself to death

>just hit 165 lbs
>was once 224 lbs at 5' 9
>tfw actually in the normal BMI range for the first time in well over a decade

I-I did it lads I finally made it.

If you lose your shitty min wage job, just get another one. Chances are it'll be a better one, too.

Sounds like your boss is also pretty shitty. Just do your best, but don't bend over backwards. If they want to can you, let them. It may be better for you in the long run.

problem is, i feel like a shitty employee too. especially since i went to school to be in this field. it's not just some shitty grocery store job. the thought of jumping around from job to job with shit pay, just barely paying bills seems like a shit life for me. i would like to start a company and be my own boss, but that sounds like a pipe dream. why waste my time and energy getting fit to live longer if life is gonna be shit anyway?

You can't use food as a crutch. I used to do it too, and it's not productive. You can make it, anyone can make it, but you have to try to make a change

congrats, user. We're all going to make it

Fatbros, you struggle going low with squats?

>do the shits go away after a couple of extended fasts?

Not really, although it fluctuates. I'm trying to adjust the contents of my snake juice to prevent it, but not sure what I need to add just at the moment.

Hit all my workouts this month.
Logged all my calories this month - even when I hogged on Pizza and beer
Goal was 5lbs this month, at 7 lost.
Down 18lbs since starting in November
Blood Pressure is down to 127/83
Can fit into clothes I haven't worn in a long while. Getting that solid feeling..not sure how to describe it other than that. Still have a long way to go, but it feels damn good.

ayyyy

Good job

Because your job doesn't define you, and if it does.... You need to check yourself. Eating away your emotions is nothing more than a dopamine release... The sooner you understand and respect that is the sooner you can take a hold of your life.

Just letting off some steam... It's fucked up for people to shame those actively losing weight. I work with a guy who at every chance takes a jab at my weight.. I hit back no doubt, but fuck... I've been strict keto for 7 weeks now, started at 270lbs (5'9) and probably around 225-235 right now.. haven't weighed myself, going to at 8 weeks. Maybe his insults resonate because I see & feel the progress I've made, while he still sees the 270 lb me. I have no doubt if I reach my goal (175 lb) he will still talk shit. That's the mental side of things.. Just have to endure and remember it's a constant battle no matter what. Good luck to everyone and God bless.

One week under 1000 kcal/day + today I went less than 700 kcal

I used to think 1500 kcal/day was difficult-ish

My boss is about 5'8 and 200 pounds. I'm 6'1 and started at 300 pounds. He playfully calls me fatass a lot. The whole reason im dieting is so I can get to 198 and feel great abut calling him fatass. Maybe you could try that.

>burger staring me in the face because server messed up an order
>still have another 12 hours of fasting
>being a fat chef is hard

No, MFP doesn't. You choose to post updates.

Are weight loss plateaus a thing?
I'm 99% sure I've been at a decent caloric deficit but I've been hovering around the same weight for the past week.

No. You are either lying (to your self for some reason) or miscalculating your calories

yeah, it happens sometimes. You're still losing fat, but the body freaks out and replaces the fat with water, so the number on the scale doesn't move. You can either tough it out, or eat a few days at maintenance to shock your body out of the plateau

confession:
I was an hour late on my IF window

I also ate a small amount of peach conserve

wtf is peach conserve

peach pie filling yo

Lads, I've been lifting a fuckton all month and I'm just noticing my fat going away a bit and my arms and legs getting noticeably more muscular.

Still weigh the same though. Is it a mistake to lift on a 500 calorie deficit?

>peach conserve
Thick Peach Jelly.

although this had no gelatin, it was almost a compot, it was just boiled peaches from what i remember.

you mean peach preserves? lmao

ok same user here and I googled it and apparently peach conserve is an actual thing I stand corrected

i have a little less than 10 pounds to lose until I reach a normal BMI. progress has slowed considerably so it’s gonna be a big final hurdle I think. I know once I make it I’ll have to keep up a low cal diet for life but im at that stage where all i can think about is food and stopping myself from binging. staying strong but it is hard lads...

Nice. How many calories were you eating?

Great job, user. It's beautiful to see people who actually make it. Got pics? Whats the next step in the master plan?

If you're lifting while losing weight measure bf% instead

Clothes are heavier than you believe.

25 years old, 6'0", male

Starting weight: 304lbs at Christmas
Current weight: 286lbs as of this morning
Goal weight: 190lbs whenever it happens

>230 after thanksgiving
>218 before Christmas
>gain some weight back over the holidays
>212 today

slow and steady lads

5'11 shooting for 175

Not even fasting and my brain is fucking with me. I ate a bit much yesterday (still under maintenance), but decided that I would IF today to help with maintaining it (not gonna be dumb and not eat today because of it, just IF and then eating standard calories).

Anyway, I stopped eating at like 9.30-10ish last night, and it's 4.20pm now. I've had electrolytes and water today, but I'm feeling fucking lightheaded and the hunger keeps slamming in waves. How fucked up is the body. Can't even go 24 hours without feeling all fucked from "fasting".

cheated my ass off today so now I gotta starve myself tomorrow