Fucking tired of my acne currently and seriously considering going on accutane for facial gains...

Fucking tired of my acne currently and seriously considering going on accutane for facial gains. The only thing stopping me is the horror stories I’ve heard surrounding the drug; is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6470.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My gf's niece took some acne drug. Her face cleared up amazingly and now she's in liver failure

Exactly, stories like this seriously put me off accutane

Accutane is basically like chemo for acne. It's an absolute last resort.

What type of acne do you have? Unless you have persistent severe cystic acne that has resisted all other treatments, I wouldn't recommend accutane.

Mild to moderate but I’ve been trying for about a year to clear it up and nothing

I definitely wouldn't recommend accutane for mild to moderate acne. What have you tried? It took me 6 years before I finally cleared my adult acne, everyone's skin composition is different so it'll take some patience to find a routine and products that will work for you.

>Take loads of vitamins, taking vitamin E actually had a noticeable difference for me I think, have had barely any cystic acne in 2 months but I used to get a new one each week. I also take D3, B complex, C, Omega 3, multivitamin, Magnesium
>Change pillow case every night
>Change bedding every week
>Drink water
>Eat healthy
>Use a cleanser
>Shower after gym
>Don't touch face
>Sleep on back
>I actually ordered some sun cream that I'm going to use.

Should hopefully cure your acne user, good luck

Can I take multivitamins as a catch all for this list?

If you had the right multivitamin, I guess so.

basipally do this, if it doesn't work then get some doxycycline and retin a. if THAT doesn't work then go on accutane.

Personal anecdote:
I took Accutane almost eight years ago with barely any side effects. I did have some dry skin and autistic redness.

Blood work was completely fine the whole time, it did a fair amount for my acne, and even today a seldom get more than one or two pimples every two weeks.

Just do the benzoylperoxid regimen described at acne.org
If you don't have cystic acne, which grows as bumps under the skin, it will help you. Like toothbrushing you have to do it daily. It just takes 5 minutes of your time.

I've been going to the sauna errday and stopped using soap, sometimes a bit of virgin coconut oil before night and cold water wash in the morning
everybody's different though
my skin is super clear now though

Some of the side effects can be permanent. These are: night-blindness, joint pain, hair loss, extensive sweating.
It can also fuel your depression.

I could had have it prescribed, but decided against it. With other measures I can reduce my acne by like 80-90%. That's enough for me.

DONT FUCKING TAKE ACUTTANE

SERIOUSLY

it gave me acromegagly and now im a fucking facelet forever

i took it when i was 17 and my

and my bone structure remained the same, but my hands and head got bigger, now im uglier than ever

i have perma carpial tunel for ever now and my grips strenght SUCKS and i cant improve it

Fuckin hell its so conflicted

>acromegagly
it literally makes you a fucking chad

why did no one tell me this shit?

Accutane is a roll of the dice. In all likelihood, it will clear up your acne without the horrible side effects you hear about. However, there's always a chance of things like
and
It's up to you whether you want to take the risk. If possible, you should see a dermatologist and just do whatever they say. When I had acne my dermatologist prescribed me Differin which worked pretty well for me. If there's no noticeable change within the first 3 months or so, your derm will give you a stronger medication. Accutane is basically the highest level, and they won't start you on it immediately if you just go in for an acne consultation.

no it doesnt make you a "chad" or whatever

you just get uglier with awkard proportions, and makes you like 10 years older

yeah its up to you to take the risk but its not worth, acne will go away one point of your life

also

if you didnt get laid beasue of acne you wont get laid neither with a clean face so deal with it

i received a lot more attention from girls after my acne cleared up

but it might just be because my confidence levels also skyrocketed as a result of not having acne

well, good then

Lol

user, I lived my whole life with acne. It fucks you up mentally. I have this compulsion where I think girls can't possibly like me (I don't have acne anymore because of Accutane), even though there have been a few girls interested in me.

I'm in a rut, I wish I had done Accutane sooner. Mental scars have not healed. I was doing blood test every month to prevent liver failure.

tattoos are gross

just started accutane, I'm on day 20. since im 21 and my acne isnt that bad (but where it is present its the bad kind, but im not a pizza face everywhere), my doctor put me on a 1 year regiment. said this decreases the chances/severity of any side effects. i broke out bad on like day 5-10, then it went down and now i have almost no acne.

my skin gets dry unless i moisturize, but that's actually a plus for me because i had this oily sheen on my face that would not go away, but now it's gone. i get chapped lips, but that has also decreased in severity and chap stick manages it.

all in all it's been going well.

i was on antibiotics and 2 benzoyl peroxide topicals for like 2 years and they didnt work permanently

Take it and drink tons of water. All the idiots that have liver failure dont drink the water to help their liver and drink alcohol like degenerates.

Take accutane, get rid of acne, and for the love of god, drink tons of water and use this thing called Aquaphore for any problems of dryness.

Don't be a pussy like the people in this thread.

Still very conflicted

What's your skincare regiment like currently? Have you tried cutting out dairy?

Haven’t touched dairy in about 2 months, cleanse moisturise and am on a benzoyl peroxide topical

I did it at it almost rich piana'd my liver so I stopped. I am doing /no soap/ and am currently seeing improvements

Yeah this thread has done little to help my confusion on the topic

Do You shower after lifting?

Yes

same here. low dose accutane and only get dryness and chapped lips. nothing else has worked for me like accutane.

stop moisturizing. The only way to get rid of acne is to dry it up

kek no

Not moisturizing will give you dry flaky cracked skin, which will harbor bacteria and make your acne worse. Moisturizing is essential.

If you said your acne is mild to moderate I would not recommend it. Neither would your docter. Try doxicyclin (?) Or some milder drug.

Yeah I have generally dry skin especially so this isn’t exactly the best advice

I took accutane and had some side effects but they were not major. I had really bad drying out of the skin that caused my lips to crack and i put some ointment on it that caused them to have an allergic reaction and swell like 5x their size. They were extremely sensitive for a few years and now i can't even miss a day without chapstick or they go berserk. Also as pointed out nightblindness is real and effected me. Depression can be a serious side effect but I was already on anti-depressants so I was fine wrt that. All in all I do not regret accutance, without it I probably would have had some gnarly acne scars. I have some but they aren't major and if anything make me look older rather than uglier.

Like said it should be a last resort. I had by far the worst acne in my high school and it was miserable.

Also this user is hit the nail on the head, its a roll of the dice. Could be fine, could be horrible.

moron
knows what hes talking about

say what you will, but easing up on moisturizer has helped clear my acne up

well, dermatologists disagree with you, maybe it worked for you but that isn't their advice

What kind of moisturizer were you using? Was it specifically facial moisturizer?

Your acne is caused because you are not able to consume dairy for starters and second of all..

Please give up Dairy and i swear your acne will leave

[email protected] is my email.

yes it was facial moisturizer. Maybe it's because I have oily skin, but I only need a tiny amount of moisturizer, otherwise I'll break out

hey retard see he hasn't ate dairy in months

Adverse reactions of expulsion can occur for a lot longer than two months - retard.

> Friend on Accutante
> barely has any acne, compared to me he looks like some fucking skin product model
> in gym
> squat day nigga lets go
> 2 / 3 plate squats session easy
> time for 4 plate PR baby
> gets in position
> goes down
> notice his nose bleeding
> goes up exhales through the nose
> fucking Niagara falls tear nosebleed
> he notices it, goes pale like a snowman in half a second and passes out
> to this day has bananas back problems
be careful

On acutane right now, first month
>easy Nosebleeds
>No post dose blood tests yet
>Lips chapped af
>adequate hydration, no alcohol consumption (I can't and don't anyways)
>Lifts fine and progressing at same rate no joint pain/avascularity in any of that
>Acne has already started to get a little worse as expected
Das it mayn

Honestly Apple Cider Vinegar helped me. Cut it with water and used it as a cleanser. Had it all over my chest, back, and face. Did that for about 4 months then went to an ACV supplement and have been doing that a little over a year and have cleared up completely.

I’m using Tazorac and my shit is getting really clear.

Hello, am someone very into skincare, I have some suggestions.
First, get a skincare routine based on your skin... is it dry, oily, or combination?
You will need ...
- a cleanser (cleans your face obvi)
- chemical exfoliatant (AHA or BHA, in this case, I would recommend a BHA, which helps smooth skin, bumps, clogged or enlarged pore, and evens skin tone)
- sunscreen (prevents wrinkles, but also your acne from leaving more permanent scars)
- moisturizer (hydrates skin)
those are the necessities, but you can add other stuff to aid your skin, such as toner, masks, mists.

The most skin changing product is the chemical exfoliant, I recommend Paula Choice's BHA, which personally left my skin completely smooth. Now I am just focusing on my scars.

Seriously go on reddit SkincareAddiction

Take it. It works don’t listen to the retards on here. Except for me of course ;)

I'm about 40 days in. So far everything hsa been fine for me, at least.

Expect nose bleeds. Make sure you always have chap stick. I don't drink alcohol at all, and stay hydrated. Everything is fine for me so far and my face is at least 70% clear

Woah can't believe I dodged a bullet here. Doctor prescribed me some accutane but I barely managed to use it for like a month before my mom read some shit about it and threw all my pills away. At the time I was kinda mad since I thought she was just overreacting but seems like she made a good choice. My acne wasn't that bad. How exactly does the drug work? What makes it so dangerous?

yeah thankfully tazorac worked with me. took about 2 months for you to be able to tell that it was doing anything though.

Start fasting. I'm not joking I had a huge problem with it until I almost gave up but then I started fasting and the improvement was glorious.

I used to have bad acne.

I switched to sleeping on cotton sheets and pillows rather than polyester because I heard that polyester spreads bacteria easier. I stopped wearing polyester clothing too.

My acne has almost entirely cleared up.

Or he just hops on accutane and saves 100s of pounds and years of suffering from his skin

Anyone have any experience with duac daily?

OP please do it, just talk to your dermatologist about it and make sure to moisturize, drink water, and not drink too much alcohol on it.

I was on Accutane for 8 months about two years ago, and my face is perfectly clear now, without even one zit since. This is after years of trying all of the antibiotics, prescription face washes, and basically everything short of the Tane. I have had zero side effects since coming off, and my dermatologist said he has never had a "horror story patient" himself or from any dermatologists he knows.

I only regret not getting on it in high school, would have saved me so much time and money, and improved my social life too.

How long since taking it did you notice changes?

Pretty fast, they start you on a smaller dose and build up to the full dose, and there is a short period of "purging" where the acne gets temporarily worse after starting (1 week max), but after a month my face was maybe 60% clear, and by 2 months it was almost completely clear.

>actual fucking acromegagly
What the hell is actually in Accutane?

you need to get your blood work done, if you have a fatty liver it can crash your liver

I've been taking vitamins,drinking a lot of water,using climamyacin and adapalene and still NOTHING works despite multiple trips to dermatologist
I have scars on my ass,thighs and arms from it that won't go away now

If you have time, try this.

Buy some glutamine, a good probiotic, zinc and a multivitamin.

>Take 20g of glutamine on an empty stomach twice a day.
>Take the probiotic before breakfast and dinner
>Don't eat dairy at all, sugars or processed foods
>Change your sheets as often as you can
>Don't touch your face
>Drink lots of water
>Sleep for 7-8 hours per day
>Try intermittent fasting and one 24 hour fast every week
>Try an exclusion diet
If this doesnt work in 4 months, go on roaccutane.

Fuck antibiotics for acne - you're wasting your time. If your acne wasn't going to go away on its own anyway, antibiotics don't do shit.

sleep with a fresh towel over your pillow, stop touching your face all the time and shower 2x daily with a thorough face wash, you'll be fine

How old are you? It will eventually clear up by your mid to late 20's. Don't worry bro. Also don't shave with a razor if you can help it. Always made mine worse, stick with electric.

i dont get acne any more but have some ice pick scarring on my face

what do you guys think of chemical peels or laser?

did accutane about 2 years ago, worked great but im wondering about long term side effects now

I have tendinitis in my achilles and now slightly in my wrist, could've accutane make my tendons weaker or something?

I took it and it was absolutely fine. I had dry lips and skin for a couple of months, but that was easily remedied with lip-balm and moisturizer. Acne is way less than before.

I had to take a test dosage for a couple of weeks. When all seemed clear I got the big boy dose. I'd say: try it out, if you react badly to it -> stop taking it.

>>Change pillow case every night
>>Change bedding every week
>>Drink water
>>Eat healthy
>>Use a cleanser
>>Shower after gym
>>Don't touch face
>>Sleep on back
Doesn't work.

t. had horrible acne even into my late 20s, went away overnight by itself for some reason. All these memes are bullshit.

>user, I lived my whole life with acne. It fucks you up mentally. I have this compulsion where I think girls can't possibly like me (I don't have acne anymore because of Accutane), even though there have been a few girls interested in me.
For some reason, girls don't really care. You'd think they'd totally care about fucking MRSA wounds in your face, but they don't.

t. had acne, ahd gf, no problems on the girl front

I'll chalk it up to the usual illogical bullshit women are.

Shitskin detected. Yeah, you are not made to consume white people food, no shit.

It's not something that's 100% your fault you now? I speak as a late-acne victim who went multiple times to the physcician (I'm not English leave me alone). Yes you can do something about it but it's mostly genetic. The only things you can do about it are = don't touch your face at all, have a clean pillow sheet, drink 1L of water in the morning everyday, take cold showers, because warm showers irritate your skin, and try to stay away from the super greasy food (chips, fries etc.). And a wonder I used was benzoylperoxide hydrogel (only put a little bit on the bad ones, not everywhere)

Trust me when I tell you user that I'm now an acne free man

I have super dry skin and get wrinkly easily even though I'm not old. Moisturizing helps great, but I get pimply from basically anything. Only thing I had that worked absolutely great was some cheap-ass aloe-cucumber moisturizing cream from Walmart, but I'm in Germany and we don't have it here.

Any ideas? Nivea is shit tier.

these things all helped me js

Was on a Accutane(low dosage 10mg) for a few months. My face cleared up, and I haven't experienced any of the severe side effects save for dry face and lips.

Just Lmao at your high inhibition.

The problem with accutane is that doctors prescribe extreme doses, which are far too high and will cause side effects. Just lol when I see someone complaining of sides with accutane when he takes a daily dose of 60mg. I had Cystic acne, ordered accutane online and took 20mg every two days. Skin became completely clear (you will experience outbrakes in the beginning though because your upper skin layer is shedding). No sides whatsoever, except maybe some reddish/ inflammated lips.

Just lol at derms prescribing monster doses and then warning you about the side effects.

>having to do all this ocd shit just to marginally achieve something chad gets for free
>not taking a magic bullet drug for 3 months and moving on with life

High inhib fag

Try cetaphil oil control moisturizer

The thing that helped me a lot was not touching my face AT ALL. Especially not with oily food, that shit always caused my cystic acne on chin. Not touching my face reduced my acne by 70%.

Just do accutane

I was on accutane for 5 months.
Felt like shit for most of it, skin was very dry, unable to go to the gym and lift as muscles would get too sore, even from a light workout.

It affects everyone differently though.

user, i had severe acne, i took accutane for 8 months and got to the point where i surpassed the recommended cumulative dosage(to avoid acne relapse) and after a year acne started coming back, now i have mild acne with some cysts now and then.

What i experienced
-Mood swings
-Dry lips
-Slow healing on hyperpigmentation and scars
-Sun burns (felt like i was a vampire if i didnt use sunscreen)
-Hyperpigmentation on face was even more noticable, so when youre on accutane your hiperpigmentation will be burning red
-I have long hair, and my family and i noticed hair thining, that was the moment i was scared as shit, fortunatly after i ended my accutane course my hair came back from the dead and its normal now.

Procced with caution when taking that shit, the lower the dosage the less side efects you will experience, European doctors typicaly prescribe less dosage than the american ones, i wouldnt go past the 20 mg per day if youre under 200 lbs.

I was on it for about 6 months. Face got dry, peeled in a couple of spots (like a bad sunburn), noseholes got fucked, i was getting massive slimy boogers that looked like yellowish placentas thrice a day.

Other than that my 3 year old acne cleared up like they were never there. I just looked in the mirror one day and realized everything was gone. Would recommend.

>he doesn't do ice fucking cold showers every day
Well, have fun with your relaxing, skin irritating, shitty warm shower.
Oh, and fapping too, that ruins your skin too.

OP, let me put your mind at ease with some SCIENCE and FACTS. This all comes from the Roaccutane insert but it's the same stuff.

The nasty side effects - including liver failure, psychiatric disorders, growth disorders, night blindness and excessive sweating - are extremely rare and only effect UP TO 1 in 10,000 people. Additionally, they can usually be avoided or made significantly less severe by discontinuing treatment once detected. Hair and bone density loss are more common (up to 1 in 1,000) but both are temporary.

Anecdotally (although there's enough of that ITT already), I was on 10mg every second day for some cystic acne on my back and didn't have any noticeable side effects. I've had exactly one lump on my back in the two years since then and it didn't even leave a scar. I also don't get anything on my face anymore, although that wasn't my main concern.

Scroll to the bottom of page 5 for sauce:
>medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6470.pdf

acne means you are unhealthy. if you have acne, you can always be improving some aspect of your health

How long did it take before it cleared up out of interest?

It's a former Chemotherapy medication. It will accumulate in your body and alter your skin permanently. Make the pores smaller and let you produce less sebum.
Since it is similiar to Vitamin A, it will affect other parts of your body aswell.

This worked for me.
>cleaned up my diet, stopped drinking/smoking (other than occasional social events)
>started drinking way more water
>started being more active, working up a sweat occasionally
>always shower after workout
>use an anti-dandruff shampoo as a body wash every other day, just a washcloth on off days with no soap.
>no actual soap or body wash
>dont take scalding showers, the colder the better (i take lukewarm showers, then turn it down to ice cold for the last minute or two)
>never touch your face (or back for me), even to "inspect"
>never ever pop the zits
Everything has cleared up. Still 1-2 zits a month but nothing that isn't socially acceptable, and never anything cystic.

Had a friend from highschool who took accurate, he had major acne but with the treatment it went all away. Although his face and lips where dry as fuck during the treatment..

the whole accutane is evil meme is bullshit
Ive been taking it for a while and the only considerable side effect is minor mood swings, which is basically nothing
and though it has cleared my face and I dont get breakouts anymore, my scars remain

She has a nice bottom