How did you guys start working out?

How did you guys start working out?
I would especially like to hear this from people who are not intrinsically motivated to lift, or at least weren't initially.
I was a lazy fuckstick who wouldn't have dreamt about working out every day, weeks before I did.
I just played Witcher 3 and punished myself for each death with workout exercises. Then I realized it wasn't all that bad and started doing something every day.

my friends was getting into bodybuilding so i joined too expect I'm a 5'3" manlet

My ex fiance cheated on me 3 years ago on valentines day, needed something to fill the void.

How can I find a perfect woman like her?

My girlfriends boyfriend started taking my to gym to beef me up, then we both moved on, really thankful to him, would have never gotten jacked with out him

Wat

>got jacked

Kek

Pls elaborate

I saw a photo of myself from a wedding when I was a fat fuck. Was disgusted and promised myself never again - now I train 3 times a week and eat clean almost all the time. Lost 52 lbs and gained a new level of confidence that I never thought possible. Impossible for me to go back, so I just look at old photos to get motivation to go to the gym when I get lazy.

He was the outgoing type, they would backpack together, travel to Thailand and other countries, go clubbing and to festivals, cinema and all sorts of other social gathering events. I could not stand any of that shit, fuck that noise mate, so me and her would just live together and do low energy type of stuff like watch series, play games and spending quality time together at home

Oswald mosely
look him up

>My girlfriends boyfriend
im gonna need to borrow this

>enter gym
>sign up for membership
>go back home and open fridge
>throw away all of the food
>go to the store
>buy only healthy foods
>alter regular schedule to fit 2-3 hours daily for gym
>get on tinder
>keep high standards and get 1-2 matches per week
>keep updating pictures of myself as time goes on
>2-3 matches per day and I'm regularly smashing 1-2 per week
>1/2/3/4
>oh, what's up abs?
>hop on test
>almost every right swipe is a match
>not even messaging girls anymore
>barely get in tinder
>2/3/4/5
>look in the mirror and hard not to smile at the person looking back at me

Whatever your motivation is when you start will not be the same as what it is when you make it. When you make it, the motivation is always just being a better (you) than you were the day before.

Hail Mosley, the world needs another one of him today

>>look in the mirror and hard not to smile at the person looking back at me
glad im not the only person who knows this feel

started getting too fat near the point of no return
always was big and strong
was uncomfortable in everyday life
couldn't play the sports i loved - incredible lower back pain when trying to run

after the first month or so, you don't get DOMS from average workouts - unless you're going hard or hitting a group with multiple exercises
so its much easier to stick with it
also most people enjoy how they feel - despite being exhausted and maybe sore, they feel good

I started lifting to give me something to do. I continue to lift to give me something to do.

I was Auschwitz as fuck and I didn't care about being fit or healthy or anything like that. I then one time took some ecstacy and just thought about who I was and decided I wanted to start lifting weights. I went and bought some dumbells then signed up to a gym a short time later.

It’s bait don’t respond

I sort of just fell into it.

A new gym was opening up a less than 10 minute walk from my place and I just signed up for it and didn't stop going.

Lifting ended up being more fun than I thought it would be and it feels good.

I needed to fill the emptiness that lack of love has left in my soul, and working out just seemed to fit

Watched the Legend of Korra and thought I could be hotter than Korra

Always inspired by physique bodybuilders. Used to come here in zyzz days. Generally stoner/skinnyfat/skelly

I went to prison, forced to learn a different way of living, became surprised at my ability to adapt and thrive in hostile environment.

Learned convict conditioning from meme magazines on health and fitness and other meatheads. Always picked the most ripped person in the yard and asked what worked for them. They admired my persistence.

Upon getting back to life lifting has given me structure and routine I got used to and a place to almost meditate. The mind muscle connection is real.

Home gym for now until I fill my life with enough shit to talk about that isn't prison related.

Personal growth level >9000

You just have to get someone to promise you to give you something they yet don't realize they have.

What’d you do to get locked up?

nice bait

n-nice

Korra is a pajeet right?

The law of surprise is a joke, that shit was destiny.

Water tribe girl. More like inuit or something.

>meet grill
>ends up replacing old oneitis
>get with her
>years of "I want to always be with you"
>she's the only thing I need
>loses interest literally overnight
>wut
>one month of hell watching relationship slip through hands
>devastated
>graduate, get good job, can afford gym
>lifting is the only thing that makes me feel good anymore
>life is suffering
>I'm okay with this
>pump n dump mode activated
Wholesome post, ty

got tired of being fat

Break and enter enclosed lands
Unlawful wounding.

Pack of local wannabe thugs smashed up one of my friends houses real good, scared his mother and sister over from childish beef.

We filled 4 cars went over to his place pulled him out of bed at 4am.

I regret my decision making at 21.. Looking back I thought I was an adult but now I see I was more juvenile than ever before.

oneitis was in amsterdam flaunting some Dutch kid she was trying to fuck, been hitting the gym ever since

I've done cardio all my life, so have never been fat. But I was super DYEL mode for a long time, then got skinny fat. I was disgusted by the way I looked.

I had lurked Veeky Forums (in early 2011) and decided if these fags could do it, so could I.

I work to feel this feel one day

You'll get there, user

I've seen the boyfriends of girls that I consider 10/10. They have entirely achievable physiques so I figured if I workout to look like them I'll get the 10/10 gf I want.

>word-for-word description of my life
I don't know how I would've managed post-breakup if I didn't have the gym.

tfw she messaged me out of nowhere and the anger started coming back.

I just set of happened on it. I watched pumping iron, and I had lifted for sports in high school but didn't really know what I was doing back then. Decided I'd start again just to look better. Looked up Arnie's blueprint routine and started hitting it. Haven't juiced yet, but I've toyed with the idea just for giggles and gains. Been lifting for like 3 years, but have had to take a few breaks hear and there for injuries and life schedule shit. I quit for about two months, and when I started again I realized I feel terrible if I stop now. So now... I guess I'm stuck with it.

I started lurking Veeky Forums

It becomes habit pretty quick
I enjoyed beginner gains and the way my muscles felt so I kept doing it every other day. Nowadays I feel upset if that routine is interrupted and I don't get to go to the gym. Consistency is key.

I went back to college at 23 and was excited to have another chance at slaying that pussie. The guys I roomed with and I would go out to the bar every week. They would get a lot of attention, but I wasn't I got jealous, so I started liftan.

2 reasons

1. I bought a $200 compound bow with a 60lb draw weight and I was too weak to pull it back

2. I was re watching Dragon Ball (kid goku) and his innocence and strength was motivational. Wanted to be like kid Goku

Talked to Henry Cavill once, looked so small next to him.

Hating myself and every girl I’ve ever loved abandoning me during my worst moments until very recently it happening again with my ex and coming face to face with acknowledgement of the fact that I just wasn’t good enough, now I go to one of the best Muay Thai gyms in the country and go at least five days a week despite how sore I’ll be for my work shift later that day I refuse to be looked down upon and walked over anymore

I could never stick with the gym for longer than a couple months when I just wanted to “look good”. I have been lifting for a year and a half straight now because lifting has become something that I do as a hobby to fill up my spare time and avoid boredom.

saw the shadow of my twig arms on my way home from highschool, realized why all the gays were coming on to me and thought lifting would change that

>tfw its only gotten worse

>got destroyed by a TE on a crack block in gr10
>seeing stars
>friends and even coach were breakin my balls about it
>'duuuude you got layed out'
>never again
>got huge

We had a gym at our highschool with all the barbell equipment needed to do all the major compound lifts. I took grade 11 fitness because I was trying to lose some weight and it was basically just 80 minutes every day that you could use to work out (other days would be doing body fat measurements, talking about nutrition, or sports). The teacher ran us through all the barbell exercises (we were graded on how much gains we could make that semester including cardio gains). Most of my classmates didn't take it seriously, just ran on the treadmill or did shrugs or pretended to run up and down the staircases.

Because I was borderline overweight/obese, I started out with a beep test score of like 3 (cardio test)

I did barbell lifts every other day and the other day I ran as long as I could with a weight bag on my neck/shoulders (I don't know what they're called, it weighs like 15-25lbs, rests around your neck, and you hold onto it with straps or handles), walked a lap and then did it again. I would run around this small track which had classrooms on the outer wall. I would often catch glimpses of people staring at me as I did my run.

When I got home I ate ravenously but my diet was usually rich with meat and vegetables. I usually skipped breakfast (didn't know I was basically Intermittent fasting until later in life).

I went down ~25lbs and my lifts and beep test score more than doubled in about 4 months. Of the entire class I made the most progress and got the highest mark.

I realized being ripped > not being ripped.

A Bulgarian bag, that's what it was

Injured my foot trying to deal with a break up by going from 25 miles a week to 70. Couldn't run for shit and slowly began getting more and more depressed. Friend dragged me to the gym and I hated it at first. Then I started seeing my strength go up and it's all history ever since.

Friendless, depressed NEET. It was either that or just playing Overwatch all day and getting even fatter.

Have always been auschwitz mode since I was a kid. Really started to affect me when I was in my first year of Uni and was crushing on this girl that my good mate went out with. Started swimming because didn't want to go gym and wanted to get over fear of water (nearly drowning when I was 15). Made minimal gains but confidence went up, so started taking progress photos. All changed when the girl was saying shit like "oh is it bulking season?" and taking the piss out of me swimming. Decided to finally start going to the gym and have never looked back. I still have the first progress photos I took and it motivates me whenever I look back at them. Saw the girl for the first time in a year at my birthday and my mates printed a topless photo of me as a joke but it felt good that she was there to see it and how much I have changed. The confidence boost is unreal and I'm never looking back.

To make my ex girlfriend jealous. I didn't know wtf I was doing for years though desu.

When I first started working out, I did insanity, then p90x. Then I decided I needed more weights than the dumbbels I had at home so I would go to the gym and basically do p90x exercises but with dumbbells and shit. I looked like a fucking retard DYEL for a while now that I look back. I wish I'd known about SS or had some kind of coaching when I started because 6 year later I'd be a fucking god.

I did expect it

I wish my high school, or all high schools had barbell training classes (Not that I would have fucking done it at the time but still)

Girl I was seeing for a couple of weeks broke up with me, I was pretty crazy about her. I don't blame her, I had nothing going for me. On introspection, self hatred became my motivation for self improvement. Quit drinking, quit drugs (besides the occasional bit of cannabis which I vape) and smoking tobacco. Started taking my uni course seriously, got Veeky Forums, now I read regularly, I volunteer etc. Haven't been with anyone since despite plenty of attention, just want her back tbqh

wow so alpha, he grabs a woman and she doesn't want anything to do with him

Took weight training to be with my friends my freshman year of HS, then found out that I liked it

I also wanted to look like a Jojo character desu

goals, results, and the dopamine release is what drives me

Become a Witcher.
Practice incest.

I decided to go to the gym for the first time today. I’m a fucking weakling since all I did back in the days were leg shit and cardio do soccer.

I feel embarrassed to go back because of it

For* soccer
Fucking memecorrect

>started lifting again this week
>forgot to add OHP to my routine
>think I can do 60kg, start at 40kg instead just to make it easier
>MFW I couldn't even do that, had to lower it to 30
I'm pretty sure 90% of women could rape me right now I'm so weak

Was really depressed and wasted a lot of my free time on /v/, youtube or other useless stuff. I was Auschwitz mode before I started and hated how my body looked.
When one of the few friends I had at the time told me he was gonna start lifting, I joined him. He had some experience and taught me what I needed to know.
Hated it at first. It's not fun to do reps at the same weight others warm up. I stuck with it because I didn't have anything better to do and the feeling I had after a workout was one of the few joys I had. Once I started seeing and feeling gains, I was hooked. Lifting helped me a lot during that time.

I had three separate times in december 2014 where I was the only one drunk at a gathering (work, friends, and other friends) and completely wasted. Realized then I had only been able to sleep if I was drunk.

So I stopped alcoholism in its track by not drinking anything but water anymore. Then, why not pushing myself a bit more to stop being obese, so I dieted. Then cardio. Then lifting.

If that's the 50lb bag I have that exact one across the room from me right now.
I love the thing.

I realized that I was a balding skinny/skinnyfat manlet, and didn't want to look like I was on chemo when my hair was gone. So I started lifting to put on enough muscle mass to avoid the cancer patient look. But I don't even think about that now for motivation; once you get some decent habits they're not hard to maintain.

Health anxiety and panic attacks, triggered in part by weed and the fear of dying without accomplishing anything. I've never been really out of shape but it forced me to go from a bike ride or 2 a week to doing something 5 days a week. I got lazy once and the panic attacks came back so this is my life now. I am okay with this.

do some meditation, helped with my panic attacks. google 'monkey mind' on youtube

Get physically humiliated, sit there and know while its happening that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it because you're a weakling, then realize that probably about 50% of the male population are capable of doing that to you, and that every single time you walk down the street happily, its only because they're letting you.

Yea sure kid whatever you say.

I do at least 10 mins a day my man. The panic attacks are under control now from the exercise and productivity.

It's funny, over the last 2 weeks I got disillusioned with meditation and felt like it was a waste of time so I stopped. It took me til yesterday to realise that my productivity was tanking, my self control was diminishing etc ever since I stopped meditating so I've started again. Yet another lesson learned against being lazy.

Fucking convict scum

Sure Mrs Lohan, only 10 or 12 times

That's mostly people on fit.

My childhood friends made fitness seem unappealing. They were always flexing and ready to brawl. Young girls loved that shit so it worked out pretty well for them at the time.

I just dont like aggression because of my dads behavior. Everytime he got irritated things would just get worse. All the potential he would accumulate would just trainwreck and all he had to do in these given situations is take a step back to think. Hes a really amazing person and together we have made a succesful business where everyone loves our work and compny, and he could have had all this 20 years ago if he would just chill the fuck out sooner.

I started lifting because of new friends i met in college. They had healthy goals, cool methods, and a very lax and refreshing approach. Lifting became like a day at the spa more than anything.

Got a barbell and weights and started in my basement

the eternal anglo is real

I looked in the mirror and decided it was time to stop being a soyboy and become a man and look the way I always wanted to. so I cleaned out the room in my parents basement, bought some gym stuff and started working out. forced myself to not skip a single workout and cheat a single time on my diet for the first 2 months. after that I went not as strict but it was already a habbit and I felt bad when I skipped a day.

I was 210 pounds at 5' 3" and I stumbled onto a trap/femboy board on another chan. Looking at those slim, small, perfect little bodies drove me insane and I wanted one like that too. So I told a friend who was a fitness nut that I wanted to lose weight at school. He told me to skip my next period and meet him in the weight room in the gym. I did and he put me on an elliptical and said "here, go for half an hour as fast as you can". I kept up with the elliptical til some tardfrom the special Ed class broke it and I picked up running. A couple years later, I've lost 50 pounds. I'm still 20 pounds away from my goal though

this better be bait

>lost 50kg
>look like shit
>work out to no longer look like shit

got a knee injury, gained a lot of weight and my gf cheated on me with a fit guy. Haven't stopped working out since

>be 21
>have debilitating back pain

After a couple years of taking over the counter pain medicine and doing a half arsed stretching routine to get through work I decided enough was enough. Started lifting, started an extensive stretching route and started seeing a chiropractor. After a month the pain went away and from then on I just wanted to get stronger.

>7th Grade
>gym class
>everyone asked to do pushups
>I couldn't even do one
>humiliated by entire class
>month or two afterwards I start doing pushups all the time and working out
>by the end of 8th grade I was the strongest kid in the school alpha af
>that ended in highschool though as it always does

My father got out of jail and got swole and he looked at me (at the time I was obese 202 lb at 5'4) and said we were gonna start to work out and I really HATED working out but then I started being able to do my first push up and then my first pull up and I have been working out since then.

Visit the isle of fog in Skellige