INCREASING OHP GENERAL

how the FUCK do i get my ohp up. I bulked up over the winter and got to 115x3 but fuck me mate I've been stuck at that for so long. and now that I've started my cut it's just fucking dropping.

Do you guys have any good accessory movements that would help or other tips. I have a feeling my form may be off so do you have any videos of good form I can watch? thanks bros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

please be kilograms

Is it the lockout?

Idk op mine seem to jump up heaps randomly after being stuck for ages. Recently gained like 15lbs over 2 weeks after nearly 2 months of being stuck

how much are you really tightening up your core during the lift, OP? I have found that as I'm moving up in weight for the first few sessions I really have to lift from my core at the start of the lift.

Also, it's tough to progress on OHP if you're cutting - at least for me it is.

Negative reps.

Do heavy negatives on dumbbells and on the military press machine. You will get past the plateau.

115 x 3 wtf?

The first time I ever did ohp I could do 125 x 5

dyel? I could ohp 350 x 5 when I first did it

Try dumbbells. It's hard to get your form right when your head is in the way.

Rippetoe has one he did with the Art of Manliness thats decent. Would post a link but im on mobile and im lazy.

First make sure to look into your programming. I think 5/3/1 is a great program and knowing your percentages is vital. If youre plateauing its likely because youre pushing into excessively heavy territory and maybe sacrificing form. And thats what it sounds like to me if youre constantly trying to grind past 115 1x3. Take a step back.

Lateral Raises
DB OHP

Do 3x8 with 60-70% of 1RM or 5RM or whatever you wanna do.

Zydrunas Press seems cool so far but ive only done it a little while. A good bracing accessory.

6'3"
235 lbs
OHP 155x1

maybe i can get it up to just above my forehead but no further sometimes

youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI
Video user was talking about.

>

thanks friend ive seen that video your talking about months ago but ill give it another look. also ive gone down to 95lbs for 5x5 to ensure my form but its getting harder probably cause cutting

yea ive already found a bunch of things ive forgot about and started to do wrong after watching it thanks anons

unfortunately its lbs user but ive only seen 2 people press 115lbs and only 1 do lmao1pl8 so i dont feel as bad

u mirin my shoulders brah?

>tfw shit tier OHP
>tfw cutting and it's actually decreasing

I weigh 205 and have pressed 200lbs, push pressed 265 from the front and 275 from the back and jerked 300.

Weighted dips and close grip bench are your best friends. I'm talking about 5x5 or 7x3 for both exercises.

i've been stuck forever at 6*4 100 lbs

You guys are fucking pathetic 775 x 5 my first time

weak triceps

>mfw took me year to go from 190 to 205 on the press

Probably one more to 225 strice

*strict

V O L U M E
O
L
U
M
E