Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSuEccEYvaE
youtube.com/watch?v=LYdCzs5uPrI
youtube.com/watch?v=5ER1LOarlgg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

so you're saying you hate niggers?

You calling me a lobster?

yeah and in the process I realized I'd lost my Lego Bossk minifig

So you're saying women deserve lower wages?

So you're saying hitler was right?

LOBSTERS

Tell me about the lobsters. Why do they wear the claws?

You're a big guy

Redpill me on this guy

So you're saying women don't deserve the right to vote?

so you're saying I'm a small guy?

Jordan Peterson, professor on psychology turned meme through internet fame from a video about him arguing with a mob of SJWs. He's actually a good teacher and knows what he's talking about. People say he's a father-figure to fatherless men

He wants total lobster domination

He loves Israel.

I've sorted myself out and am working to incorporate my shadow so I may become the alpha lobster who climbs up all possible sets of dominance hierarchies.

DOMINANCE HIERARCHIES MAN

yep

>People say he's a father-figure to fatherless men
/r9k/, /pol/, and reddit soyboys with no daddy like him.

i don't think that they're fatherless, i just think their fathers were terrible cucksuckers

>Sort yourself out
Says the beta boomer fame whore

So annoying A) any single word that comes out of his mouth is construed as new ideas to you B) this poor excuse for what a man is has any followers whatsoever and C) he champions the most boring and normie aspects of life

He's almost as bad as Tumblr Sjws. This man has seen no true struggle in his life. Fuck off

He had depression for most of his life
His daughter was sick and couldn't do anything for a year in early teens

I clean it about once a week, which mostly just consists of taking stuff off of my desk, doing laundry, and vacuuming.

First watch his 2016 mythology lecture series on youtube.
Second watch his 2016 personality lecture series on youtube.
Third watch his biblical lecture series on youtube.
You are now ready to watch his critiques of modernity and SJWs etc.

No, the housekeeper comes by on Tuesdays while I'm at work. It doesn't get all that dirty between her visits. Thanks for the concern though!

i quite like his practical psychology approach, it's specially useful for neets and people who procastinate a lot in general, but he knows little to nothing when it comes to philosophy, he constantsy confuses orthodox marxism, frankfurt school and postmodernism (three extremely different schools of thought) He is also unwilling to accept . Also he takes sjws to be 'radical left' which jut says a lot about his theoretical political knowledge.

On a related note: here's a video of someone who actually knows a thing or two about philosophy debunking his accusations on postmodernism and explaining why his approach is profoundly postmodern.

youtube.com/watch?v=OSuEccEYvaE

>TL;DR. His videos are good when trying to overcome neet lifestyle, but dont go much further than that because his political/philosophical knowledg is utter shit.

>unwilling to accept his own ignorance on the matter*

So what you're saying is that you hate messy women?

This pic is so terrifying for me. It looks like the future average person after fatty sycophants took over the world. The reason I lift is so that humans will not look like this in the future.

I think at some points he mentioned in his podcasts that his knowledge is limited regarding those topics. Or maybe it was theology?

hahaaha you are such a pseudo intellectual faggot
just got done with your logic 101 class at university?
kill yourself retard

I actually did take 10 minutes to clean my desk after seeing this post, thanks OP

I have to prove I applied to 20 jobs this month when I go into the welfare department and I haven't even done that. There are 4 hrs left until I sleep and it will take me an hour to apply to one job because of how painful it is to write a cover letter.

youtube.com/watch?v=LYdCzs5uPrI

his ideas are not new and he never claims them to be. Its all about the packaging and the timing.

He's able to present philosophical ideas in a manner coherently to both spiritual and non spiritual people.

And he also tells people who want to use the law to control other people speech to go pound sand.

>teleports behind you
>nice muscles bucko, but can rather carry you up the dominance hierarchy?

it was probably theology, he has a lot of videos on postmodernism and what some people call 'cultural marxism' aka Frankfurt school. He is completely uninformed on contemporary philosophy.

Not American neither a philosophy student, just an enthusiast. but nice try i guess.

>this professor with decades of experience is completely uninformed
>now ME...

He is a psychology professor. Im just arguing that he is completely uninformed when it comes to contemporary philosophy, i even posted a 50 mins video that explains how badly he does with post modernist philosophers. He never bothered to reply it. And i highlight his ignorance in orthodox marxism and 20th century marxism.

you are just appealing to his authority, that, when it comes to philosphy, is non existent.

read this as cucksters and I'm going to call the effeminate adult males cucksters now

>i even posted a 50 mins video that explains how badly he does with post modernist philosophers.

>He never bothered to reply it.

wew lad

Yeah, and i tell ya, cleaning up your room, it's no joke! And i learned a lot about this from Jung and this exactly what happened to pinnochio! [incoherent rambling about dragons]

nobody gives a shit about what a tripnigger thinks. Go attention whore somewhere else

oh, he often mentions how he always adresses critics, also that video has a fair amount of views, se he probably has heard of it. The fact that it's that long has to do with how terrible he is when it comes to post modern philosophy, and, yeah, philosophy discussions are pretty long.

Still, as i mentioned, i've never heard him doing a propper critic to the frankfurt school or orthodox marxist. And his multi disciplinary approach is extremely post modernist.

m8 i think when he said he always addresses critics he meant people willing to debate him in person, not some guy who made a youtube video for him

not disagreeing with you on your critique

no

no pissbottles? impressive

yeah but then i messed it up again

hardly so, when he makes a lot of homemade q&a videos, hell, he even has a 30 mins long video on 'the methaphysics of pepe'' (you dont get much more post modern that that)
Also 'the partially examined life' has a relatively large fanbase, compared to other philosphy channels.

My point is that propperly discussing the likes of Focault, Derrida Adornor or Marcusse is well beyond his scope. He seems smart when discussing some uninformed interviewer or when adressing sjws on the internet, but academic philosophic discussion is a bit more demanding than that. And I wouldnt blame him for this if it wasnt because he so often criticises philosophicals schools with no real arguments.

Now this being said i do find a lot of the things he says really useful, and i follow a lot of his advise myself. I just feel it's necesary to point out his shortcomings.

redpill me on this lad

What school of thought do you adhere to ? And why has nobody destroyed molymeme's claim that he's a philosopher and that his show is the biggest philosophy show in the world ?

He's tasty with butter.

Also how is the metaphysics of pepe postmodern ?

>What school of thought do you adhere to ?

Mostly Nietzsche and Schopenhauer when it comes to morality and the individual.

Adorno and Horkheimer (Frankfurt School) when it comes social theory and how the self is build in mass culture societies.

>And why has nobody destroyed molymeme's claim that he's a philosopher and that his show is the biggest philosophy show in the world ?

Well there's a variety of reasons for this. Mostly, i'd say it happens because he doesn't move within academia, he doesnt argue with other philosophers and they dont read it because, well, he doesnt write philosophy.

His target audience is mostly youngsters that are not interested in pure philosophy and/or have little knowledge on this very academic reality.

This is a bit of the eternal problem with philosophers, to quite a high degree they always end up in their own elitist bubble that is next to impossible to penetrate without years and years of studying, and, at the same time, it's impossible to massify. There's a reason why philosophy started declining in popularity in the sixties, when mass media started gaining more and more popularity (specially though music, rock and pop for instance)

Adorno himself state that, if you want to criticize industrial societies, you cant use their very tools to use it, otherwise they might become commodified, hence, an intelectually demanding syntax is requiered.

On the other hand, the few people that care enough to expose him (like the one in the video i posted earlier) rarely get a reply from him, and not even peterson's fanbase care enough to actually go through it.

I thought your kind died off at the end of the 2000s.
Please, either fix yourself or kill yourself.

Is this gonna be on the next episode of meme review

Are you me?

Kind of sucks this is me to a t. I'm self-aware enough to realize 95% of what Jordan Peterson says is just common sense and he's not some messianic figure, but even a simple appeal to the value of self-control resonates pretty strongly when you were spawned by some gelatinous ooze of a father. For what it's worth, it's definitely a good thing that the market demand for an older male willing to tell you to get your shit in order is being somewhat filled, if only for society's health.

pretty much this
youtube.com/watch?v=5ER1LOarlgg

yeah, im still a NEET though

I like him because the solution to all mental health issues is cleaning your room (if you're male) or having kids (if you're female).

I think you could easily give it to the masses if the educational system actually worked and if we would make it a mandatory subject.

>Start a post on reddit on how I like the guy and I'm genuinely excited about his biblical talks.
>Start getting comments like "he's a daddy figure for people with daddy issues"
>Father died when I was 5 years old
>Grew up in a single mother household, luckily she has some masculine traits but the mother instincts overpower everything so I grew up being coddled and not challenged.

You know, I realised the people bringing up these insults don't realize how hypocritical and downright hurt-full and mean spirited these comments are, they're approaching someone who grew up with no father and telling them "haha you didn't have a father what a fucking loser you are because you found someone who is teaching you things a dream like paternal figure would teach you growing up, you're such a fucking loser with daddy issues", as if getting adopted by a father like figure isn't a millennial old archetype in literature and mythological stories and even in social groups today.

I can't help but feel sorry for these people, how privileged they are to be able to say they had a father growing up, and they still go around making FUN OF PEOPLE who didn't have that privilege, imagine going to a young inner city black kid who's training in a self improvement martial arts academy and being mentored by a strong father figure and telling him you're such a fucking loser my dude you really need a father like person to orient yourself?

Lmao, fucking pricks, and coincidentally all the post history of those who posted these kinds of comments have no bigger gaps than a day in between, figures only losers would have so much time or work in such an unfulfilling job to be able to waste their time that much.

"Clean your room" is meant figuratively, and basically just means get off your ass and be proactive about improving yourself. It also intersects with the idiom 'tend your own garden' which is why he will often tell people to clean their room when they're out proselytizing despite their shit clearly not being in order. But literally cleaning your shitheap room is a good start.

Academic philofag here.

Thanks for posting that video about the postmodernist claims. I'm myself way more into the classic continentals or proper analytic topics, but since I recently got a little into peterson (there's some aspects I like, but not the way it becomes an own movement in a way that it's possible for individuals to push responsibility and judgment making away from themselves again) I will check it out.

and since I read aswell don't forget to check out the stoics if you're interested in a practical lievable form of morality and most importantly a "positive" ontology that enables being a moral being.

It's part of an extremely wide multi-disciplinary analysis on the one hand and on the other.

He applies a deconstructive analysis to a meme (being deconstruction THE post modern method)

And also the fact that he is going that deep in the analyis of a meme, sort of echoes the meta-narratives lyotard (first one to coin the term post modernity) talked about.

Pic related is Zizek talking about fist fucking, just to show how anything can be made 'philosophy' these days, not just pepe and other memes.

Also i forgot to add, the frankfurt school and 20th century marxism in general are rather undertudied in academia nowadays, sadly. Most universitie just limit themselves to Heidegger, post modernity and gender theory these days.

lol yea but how does some old pseud telling people to clean their room help them procrastinate less... there are proven ways to stop procrastinating so much, but listening to that hack isn't one of them lolol

t. Unsorted
Don't forget to buy my Self Authoring Program for only 29.99$
In that case i agree. Pepe is at least culture and at most a manifestation of collective consciousness.
He also doesn't have faith. He only acts as if God is real.

oh i love the stoic philosophy in general, there's something about the whole 'doing your duty' that seems just right.

Good luck on your philosophy journey bro

Everybody has their crosses to bear, and it's the most common thing in the world to see people mock shortcomings they don't have in order ignore their own for a few moments. A truly actualized person can't be bothered to mock, so you can rest assured that when you're being undercut, it's by someone who also struggles. This isn't to say 'tu coque.' Rather, it's a reminder that we're in this shit together, even if people sometimes forget.

>Grew up with a very strict father, army officer, his dad a ww2 veteran
>Taught me a lot of useful things, hunting, fishing, how to lift, literally everything "manly"
>Seeing the pride in his eyes when I graduated Reserve Officer School

Can't imagine what it's like growing up without a father whatsoever. Seriously. Fuck those haters. Wish you all the best bro.

Do you think there is any merit to videogames as a positive influence in someone's life and not just as basic training for children, i mean more as a tool for young adults to actualize themselves ?

Dude, are you like 50?

>all this projection
Seek help

GJ, now your soul can die fighting on foreign soil stained with the blood of people who never wronged you.

If it comes to that I'll die on the same soil my countrymen died to defend

Guys how do I into philosophy?

absolutely degenerate

Well I can briefly give you an idea, I'm into bikes so let me give you an analogy.

It's like ridding a bicycle whose front wheel is slashed, and you don't know how to fix it, and your riding experience will put more weight on your back wheel so your ride will entirely depend on that wheel, if you're lucky you get a very sturdy inflated wheel that's not to pumped yet not to deflated, if you're unlucky you get a wheel that operates on extremes, either way your riding experience will be at least 50% worse than those with both wheels.

I had luck with my mother, she's more masculine and aggressive than a lot of guys, (she rides horses, the horse-lady stereotype is 100% true, although she's the good kind of crazy), yet, being a mother, she's very protective and doesn't want to see me suffer, so when those life challenges arose in my early life instead of having a father to straight me up and making me face them I was sheltered from them, that will leave you with inadequacies in your early 20s, I just turned 20 and I still feel 17, finding Jordan was like finding a father I never had as I was already trying to sort myself out with other literature.

So you can see how pathetically low my opinion of those who criticise anyone who looks to someone as a father figure is.

What's this lobster meme? It's suddenly popped out and I have no idea what it means.

>Lobsters and humans share a common ancestor from 300 million years ago.
>Lots of our psyche is commonly structured (antidepressants work on lobsters and humans the same)
>Hierarchical structures are shared as well, structures that Marxists say are social consequences.
>Peterson hates Marxists

basically it.
>Marxists wants to

Watch the Channel 4 interview.

you calling me a lobster son?

To make a long story short, lobsters that are curled up in a defensive position can be opened up by being given a dose of serotonin. Therefore Peterson eventually came to the conclusion that displaying open body language and proper posture encourage serotonin production.

>good professor
>good goy
>panders to the right
>LARP as a christian