he leans back on his lat pulldowns instead of staying vertical and pulling straight down

> he leans back on his lat pulldowns instead of staying vertical and pulling straight down

whenever i see the meatheads do this i have to laugh. they'll max out the machine and think they're tough shit but they're essentially just rowing the weight. none of them could actually do even 8 correct reps at half the weight they were doing.

>he doesn't do the far superior single arm pulldowns

How else am I supposed to do behind the head lat pulls then?

I saw a chick that was essentially doing rows on the lat pulldown machine with her personal trainer standing next to her watching and approving the whole thing.

bunch of dyels in this thread leaning back allows you to engage the last better not right back though

but i saw a video from jeff nippard on youtube who said that it activated the lats more?

>Not doing a 45 degree lean to work both rows and pulldowns at the same time.

bullshit, there are rows and there are lat pulldowns. rows are horizontal, pulldowns are vertical. leaning back on your pulldowns is just cheating the lift and is almost always accompanied by people using their lower back & bodyweight to heave the weight at the start of the rep, cheating even more.

> thinking you'll get the benefits of rows and pulldowns by splitting the difference

do you also think that incline bench press is a good substitute for flat bench & military press? because that's the push/pull equivalent.

the lat pulldown is like a military press, and leaning back is like leaning back on a military press and turning it into an incline bench press.

Dont address these people. They don't understand. Let them keep pulldowns vertical and rows horizontal. After a couple years they'll be there. Remember, these are all the same people that say Smith machine is a waste of time. They just don't know yet

>Remember, these are all the same people that say Smith machine is a waste of time.
Had me till there. Fuck off lel

So you you've never cranked out incline db or bb press, then moved to Smith to top it off?

> he doesn't do dropsets with the same exercise

why even lift?

What I don't get is the people who load the lat pulldown to the max.
Do weighted pullups you faggots.

So no? Is that a no? Isolation too far over your head you're not even willing to try it?

>he does lat pulldowns at all when pullups are an option

it's harder to cheat with pullups without looking like a jackass, people prefer the ego boost of maxing the weight and basically rowing the pulldown after jerking it back with their bodyweight

>What are flys and cable crossovers.

You're knocking smith and come back with the cable crossover? The flyes are good, but a cable cross? Just gonna meme your way through 2018? Cant wait to see you in gymfuckery

lol
>he doesnt hang upside doen doing lat pulldowns
never gonna make it

>tfw metalhead
>tfw leanback

oh god

on my defend, I do a lot of pullups

> his lats are so weak that bodyweight is enough to work his lats

do you even lift?

I bet you lean back on your pullups too, fag
what do you weigh and how many of your bullshit bodyweight pullups can you do?

But I already work those muscles when doing pullups, no point in doing it twice

Fucking egolifters

>when op doesn't understand mind-muscle connection

it's alright, they fuck themselves over sooner or later with an injury and then they're out of the gym for a while

it's almost always one of 4 injuries:
- the curlbro whose elbow tendons start to hurt
- the egolift squatter who fucks up their hips
- the egolift deadlifter who fucks up their lower back
- the egolift lateral raiser who fucks up their shoulder

This is what i meant you fucking brainlet

I thought squatters fucked their knees/spine more often

Are y'all that bad and do not understand that both vertical torso and one at ~20-30% incline have its uses and target slightly different muscles? Yah your body will pull down the weight a bit in the second case, that's why ya load a bit more. Fucking dyels

that happens too but I didn't want to be redundant with the deadlift (which usually fucks up egolifters' lower back too) so I went with the hips

> bragging about doing cheat reps with more weight

the absolute state of Veeky Forums

lets say it activates 90% lats,

but vertical pulldowns activate 75%, which include the 10% section of the lat that only contracts vertically downwards?

nobody is bragging you shitheadead mongoloid. You load more weight cause your body is now pulling some of it. You do incline to target different muscles more. Go back to GOMAD + SS idiot.

Leaning back is better. It allows for greater lat activation. Straight back is inferior for lats

I'm most likely bigger and stronger than you my friend

98 kgs, 1.98 meters, I can do 5 strict pullups completly from dead hang

I don't lean back on pull ups either

likely not fuckboi

im heavier than the lat pull down stack

5 strict pullups with a 60lb dumbell between your ankles, you mean?

whats wrong with reasonable cheat reps?

thats how you get injured
the patrician option is dropsets with reduced weight

If you lean back a little the pulldown is still vertical retards.

t. frail cuck bitch who can't row OR pulldown for shit

i said meathead not metalhead user

my man

>doesn't egolift
>still strains a muscle and gets sciatica
I wish I was egolifting on my squat. Hit a new pr of 335lb though, so it was well worth it.