Does yoga have a place in Veeky Forums?

Does yoga have a place in Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLui6Eyny-UzxMFVoPmxcPX1MOeLyV5uKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's good to keep yourself limber. I do it a couple times per week at home from Youtube

I bet many 'lifters' here would struggle with beginner poses

yoga is stretching, nothing more, nothing less. just a waste of time

Yoga is fucking awesome. Improves your posture, calms your mind, massive core gains.

Plus you're surrounded by cute girls in yoga pants.

Improves your balance and mobility.

Mobility is important, it can help with your lifts. Same with balance and core strength.

Yoga is more than stretching, and is a great complement to strength training/other exercise in that it can strengthen stabilizing muscles (particularly in ankles, pelvis, and shoulders).

Also, to write off stretching in general as a waste of time is really a bummer. You're so focused on your muscles that you ignore the health of the connective tissue that allows you to move and exist.

You may yet appreciate it when you experience chronic aches and pains, or typical aging. Even basic regular stretching can improve your quality of life.

Yoga helps promote meditation, or is meditative in itself and help bring someone to oneness or living in the moment.

yoga is the pilates of the third world

Have fun worshiping demons

Yes.

If you can get a normally unfit person to do just 10 minutes of yoga 3-5 days out of the week they'll lose a lot of weight and gain a ton of strength and flexibility.
As well as maintain that weight loss and positive benefits.

Why everyone thinks Veeky Forums should = low level athlete rather then doing basic maintenance for their body I'll never know.
Guess it's because the people who champion fitness are all athletes + people have shit to sell.

also this board is mostly young male outcasts who crave physical power

>Why everyone thinks Veeky Forums should = low level athlete rather then doing basic maintenance for their body I'll never know.

bench racing mentality.

>also this board is mostly young massively insecure male outcasts who think they crave physical power

ftfy

>t. rip

anyone have any recs for routines I can do for a short period (under 20 minutes) I can do right after I wake up?

You're an idiot.

>be me
>always lift on free weight area
>full of musclehead homos
>decide to enter the free yoga classes
>full of hot chicks with 10/10 body
>TFW dog pose
>TFW cat pose
>TFW standing forward bend pose
>TFW never gonna make it

Fuck yeah, my dude. Did Bikram yoga for a while. Shit felt amazing. Too broke to afford Bikram these days, so just gonna take advantage of the free classes at my gym. Gonna go tomorrow for the first time.

You lift and eat and train like a man. Then go into these courses to stay limber and slay pussy, or at least gawk at it.

imagine popping out a fat boner in there tho

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLui6Eyny-UzxMFVoPmxcPX1MOeLyV5uKQ

Try googling beginner yoga workouts or go look at youtube.
The former has many infographs and the latter, once you wade through the advertisements they're beginning to fuck the entire site with, will have exactly what you need.

>paying for instructors who took a 3 day course to bark poses at you irrespective of the different rhythms and needs of 30 individual farting yuppie asses all crammed into one room and competing to outdo and keep up with each other in what's supposed to be a pursuit of inward focus