If I wanna build big arms, should I do pull-ups or curls?

If I wanna build big arms, should I do pull-ups or curls?

Probably both. And don't forget that tricep is like 2/3 of your arm.

Both.

curls and tricep work

I ask because I don't like doing curls, but if I change to pull-ups do I lost something?

> not liking curls
wtf

anyways do both, pullups are great for wide lads

wide lads are the best

if you dont like curls for biceps then do pull-ups and chin-ups. chin-ups are just pull-ups but your palms are towards instead of away from you and those will work your biceps and forearms more. although honestly you should still fucking do curls.

Sure, you can get big biceps with just pull-ups, but you're going to need to do a lot of pull-ups. Maybe try curl variations?

What should I do if I need to grow my triceps but I get pain in my elbows on like every tricep exercise/ don't feel it good.

wew lads

What is a good triceps exercise to hit the medial head?

Close grip bench, skull crushers, tricep kickbacks

You can get decent arm size by simply focusing on the big exercises such as rows or chin-ups in particular. But if you think you can get maximal arm development without doing some isolation exercises as well, then you're probably making a mistake.

On the other hand, if count on isolation exercises exclusively to build you arm size at the expense of progression on your big lifts, then you're probably making an even bigger mistake.

Do both.

Well, my routine is this:

A
>2x5, 1x5+ Pendlay Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench [alternate flat/incline] / OHP (alternate)
>2x5, 1x5+ Squat
>2x10-12 DB Supinating Curls / DB Hammer Curls (alternate)
>3x10 Leg Raises

B
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench [alternate flat/incline] / OHP (alternate)
>3x10 Dips
>1x5+ Diddly
>3x10 Leg Raises

C
>2x5, 1x5+ Pendlay Row
>2x5, 1x5+ Bench [alternate flat/incline]/ OHP (alternate)
>2x5, 1x5+ Front Squat
>3x10 Leg Raises

If I change supinating curls and hammers to 3x5 pull-ups, what kind of difference it make?

>I don't like curls?
Have you tried them? I pretended to not like curls because I tried to be the contrarian and say ">curls lmao plebs" until I tried them myself, then I realized that it feels really good to curl. The feel of the pump is awesome. There's a reason most of the public know how to curl without knowing a single thing about fitness.

Yea, I have done curls three months. I still don't like them.

there are many variations of curls, have you tried more than one ? I personally prefer incline curls.

I like wide grip bench press much more than tight grip. I do it twice a week, will supplementing 2 more tricep isolations for both chest days be too much? I like doing overhead tricep extensions and skullcrushers
and
cross body tricep extensions and french press

>If I change supinating curls and hammers to 3x5 pull-ups, what kind of difference it make?
That's kind of hard for anybody to really answer (although lots of guys would like to think that they can). You'll pretty much have to try it out and see what happens. I know a couple of guys who say their arms respond great to no direct training at all, but I think they're a minority.

If you do want to avoid doing curls without neglecting your arms, be clever with your exercise selection. Chin-ups are great, close grips better than wider grips. Fat gripz and towel pull-ups if you're awesome enough.

Chinups are probably the best bicep exercise honestly

depends, if you go hard and heavy on both it might end up being a bit much. if you go hard on one and focus on pump and volume on the other you can definitely do it. currently I do 3x8-12 on overhead tricep extensions with rather high intensity. and then at the end of my chest days I go for light cable pushdowns for sets of 20 just to get a bit more volume in.

You should be using both (but not necessarily at the same time). If your goal is to get bigger, shouldn't you want to use all of the tools at your disposal to do that? I don't think intentionally taking proven exercises off the table is coinciding with your goals here.

Eventually, the gains from a certain stimulus will decrease and you'll need variation to keep the muscle adapting. That's when you switch the exercise

Hammers and supinatings. I'd like to try ez bar curls but I didn't found the bar at my gym

If you wanna big build arms, then you work out your arms a lot.

Am I missing something? Don't think so. I myself do horizontal rows, bench, chinups and dips