What does Veeky Forums think of crossfit?

What does Veeky Forums think of crossfit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwEmspOT460
youtube.com/watch?v=BCJqTdsC4ug
youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's branded circuit training

all i know is that at my MMA gym, those who go to the gym to strength train get fucking destroyed by anyone who does circuit training all the time.

I ask them all the time cause I'm a fitness professional.
>what do you do at the gym?
after our sparring sessions and training sessions or just after the training
Everyone who tells me they go to the gym to bench press or squat aren't even thinking of competing for years

because they get destroyed

I seems fun if it can be done sensibly

Good circuit training. The kippling pull-ups or whatever, body momentum pull-ups are fucking retarded.

>not doing cardio as well as weightlifting

I’m upset that this cardio kills gainz meme survived. Seriously, I doubt those people who go there for strength even have an eight minute mile.

That’s because fighting is mostly technique and cario

Its a meme that makes spastics flail around ineffectually then die of rhabdo

>>not doing cardio as well as weightlifting
you think they don't do cardio when they train at the MMA gym? we do mits, bags, spar, jump rope, burpees, calisthenics.

i mean you're fucking stupid as shit for typing this lol.
they go to the gym to strength train and then do cardio later.
they get DESTROYED by those who just circuit trains specifically.

Every person I know that's done Crossfit has had at least one serious injury from it.

>people with shit cardiovascular endurance lose MMA matches.
Really boggles the mind

>speaks the truth
Crossfit twists a lot of regular exercises to make their own version.

Regular lifters learn to apply the weight of one plate to a muscle they want to train.
Crossfit people learn to offload half of that weight to joints and momentum. Afterwards they claim they're much stronger because they did it so fast (and uncontrolled).

strange, I've noticed the exact opposite.
People who train strength crush people who do circuit programs.

Crossfit is circuit training but with the wrong types of exercises.. You shouldn't be doing butterfly pullups if you're tired. You shouldn't be doing barbell snatches if you're tired. Beginners should not be doing a clean until they understand back squat, front squat, and wrist flexibility.

Regular circuit training is superior, and also regular circuit training is way harder than strength training. While strength training is more satisfying to the ego.

What gym are you from? I've been training amateur fighters for almost 5 years now. What you've said doesn't correlate at all with my 5 years of experience on the field.

I've trained people at a couple of gyms in both Australia and New Zealand for the last 13 years. Making sure people have a good strength base is something we always do, but that's different to relying on that.

crossfuck off

>Making sure people have a good strength base is something we always do
Takes about 6 months. Which then decreases their kreb cycle rate, decreases their anerobic threshold, can't last as long because their VO2 max can't keep up with their new strength/muscle base due to the wrong type of adaptation and training they've been doing.

You'll never see standard strength training for any top fighters training camp compilations on youtube.
I take my job seriously. I'm honestly not even interested in your anecdote I'm just telling you why you're wrong. All of my fighters have been destroying in the cage, and the idea goes all the way to the top.

Did it for two months with a friend just to see what it was like. Kind of liked the competitive speed aspect of the classes, but the motions were just fucking retarded.

"Heavy" deadlift day was honestly close to 20 reps at 80% of your max at the end of the day. Nothing really worked the same muscles and all it really did was get your heartbeat up.

I think it's probably alright for women that want to get out and move around, provided that they learn how to do the movements correctly. Any man that wants real gains should avoid it like cancer.

jesus, this is someone the worst pseudo-scientific bullshit I've ever heard. I really hope you're larping and aren't actually training anyone

Nah, got my Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology and work at a big ass gym. I train the amateurs. My boss trains the pros.

You're just some fag on Veeky Forums.

>pseudo-scientific shit
You're such a lazy stupid shit you can't even google that it's true lmfao
Whatever, you're just a gym rat.
>Any man that wants real gains should avoid it like cancer.
This OP, if you want strength and size just go to the gym, lift iron for 5 to 12 reps and rest 3 to 5 min in between. But you're effectively turning yourself into a meatcow. Just like a show stage pig.

If you want to be a man who shows his rage in the ring/cage with the free motion of fighting, circuit train. Don't do crossfit.

>cant spell anaerobic
>expects us to believe what he says

Doesn't matter if you believe
Reality triumphs fantasy
I breathe this life and make money off it

Every gym rat thinks they can do some one punch in their fantasy blanketed pillow land

Every retard who's like "i wanna do it on my own" and strength trained because of some strength/size inferiority complex never achieved their dreams in the ring or cage

That's the only thing that matters. Who wins. Who achieves their dreams? What gets you there?

oh that's nice I'm a double doctor. See we can all lie on the internet to try and make an argument from authority.
You know your full of shit mate. You're no one special

>Who wins. Who achieves their dreams? What gets you there?
not you.

>oh that's nice I'm a double doctor. See we can all lie on the internet to try and make an argument from authority.
Reality triumphs fantasy
At the end of the day, I'm a successful trainer for upcoming pro fighters.

You're just a faggot.
Go get your bicep pump meatcow.

>Reality triumphs fantasy
And yet here you are LARPing on a bangladeshi charcoal sketching forum.
And you even suck at that.

Keep projecting about larping faggot

Crossfit revolutionized teaching the correct way to do an incorrect pull-up.

>No running mentioned

Goddamn, son - you can call it cardio all you want, none of that shit is like running outside in a hoodie, fucking idiot.

haha I'm not the one unironically making up my degrees and sick skillz, buddy

I fought muay thai for years and ALL I did besides spar was bench, squat, DL, and OHP. I was too tired from sparring to do anything else. Sparring is your cardio.

You know what I noticed? All the guys who had 12 packs from crossfit were always the guys to get broken bones, especially eyesockets. Big shoulders are a HUGE defensive advantage in muay thai. Muscle in general reduces the damage of strikes, but at a certain point you get diminishing returns because the weight exhausts you.

>You know what I noticed?
I noticed you never turned pro

> You'll never see standard strength training for any top fighters training camp compilations on youtube.

That's fucking blatatly, patently wrong. Every single fighter - whether it's muay thai, bjj, or mixed lifts weights. We aren't fucking marathon runners, idiot. I defy you to even find a single fighting gym in the country that doesn't have a bench press. The Gracies have strength training videos online.

You can go take your extremes and fuck yourself, mate.

Some of the best flatland skaters I know are amateur.

What are you trying to say?

youtube.com/watch?v=jwEmspOT460

youtube.com/watch?v=BCJqTdsC4ug

Greatest fighter alive. His "strength training" is supersets and circuits.

>the only thing that matters is my particular choice of sport

You are a massive faggot, hkwever good your shitty monkey knife fight skills might be. You're a dumb ape with a suleriority complex and all you cunts end up broke amd braindead. Enjot gour Parkinson's and domestic violence charges, ape.

Yea, I got a masters in Biostatistics and make 120k a year at 26. I fight Muay Thai for fun, besides I'm not a fucking idiot. Go ahead though, ask me anything though. I've been to Thai Land, I've had my shins scraped. I know the game.

Don't give a fuck, I make good money and I've played with so many gym rats who wanted to get in my face with liver shots and fun threats at pubs.

Oh wait.. you don't even go out.
Your routine is
Gym
Veeky Forums

>I fight Muay Thai for fun,
That's all you can be because you trained wrong
You're literally at the bottom of the barrel of Muay Thai fighters

Prob some faggot who calls sparring practice sessions "fighting"

Rekt

Post yearly income, fist for brains.

Are you just trolling us? The very next video under the first one you linked had him benching.

Fuck off, stupid cunt.

Ya, and what did he do right after benching

I paid for my undergrad with Muay Thai tournaments, what's your experience fighting? - oh no wait, you said you work at a gym and "coach" amateurs. I've seen coaches like you before, guys who work the front desk and come up to real athletes to offer unsolicited, shit advice about something you yourself have never done. Fuck off.

He crawled across a rooftop like wa monkey. Is that what you have your athletes do? What you linked is a fucking hype video, not even a real workout routine.

man you are salty on people calling you out on your lies, huh?

>I paid for my undergrad with Muay Thai tournaments
There are no non-professional Muay Thai fights that gets paid you worthless lying garbage. If you go to Thailand to fight some low level pro you get paid pennies.

Goddamn you're fucking pathetic. It's pretty sad.

>what's your experience fighting?
Professional 7-3. Which is why reality is pretty sweet for me.

You have no idea how many friends and girls I've met through my job paths. You're just some faggot lol.

>I've been to Thai Land
He's been to Thailand.

Besides that I find it amusing that so many experts roam this thread. Still waiting for anyone to actually show off his knowledge or post some of the photos he snapped over the years.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

>betting is impossible and immoral

My brother does crossfit. This is an excuse to wear flashy skinny synthetic clothes, meme shoes that cost more than a weekend holiday trip and behaving like a monkey, jumping randomly, shaking large hammers without purpose and flipping truck tires. Since then he walks with an arched back (purposefully?), has developed an invisible lat syndrome and walks waving his gluts go showoff his gains, as subtle as these "oh hi! I didn't see you there's" at the beginning of a video. He's beyond recovery in my opinion.

>wear flashy skinny synthetic clothes, meme shoes that cost more than a weekend holiday trip and behaving like a monkey, jumping randomly, shaking large hammers without purpose and flipping truck tires. Since then he walks with an arched back (purposefully?),
>and walks waving his gluts go showoff his gains,
sounds alpha as fuck

it's nothing special, but it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's just pretty standard circuit training..

why are you on Veeky Forums then?

why do you care what other people do?

it's fine as a competition, though kipping pullups are just silly
the real problem is when they teach newbs to do oly lifts for speed and reps every workout before they've perfected the form and strengthened their stabilizor muscles

It's fucking Sunday. I'm sipping protein shakes and playing DB Fighter Z and posting while waiting in the lobby.
I'll be at the gym pretty soon.
Not the MMA gym cause it's closed.
I'll be doing a circuit at my regular gym.

whens your next fight? I want to stream it so I can giggle at your circuit training failing you

you're so sad mate. I was an elite endurance athlete years back, and his terminology and logic about training was 200% correct

Kek this is bullshit. I do mostly powerlifting and completely destroy everyone in BJJ.

Unless you're a 30% bf slob, strength training will give you a HUGE advantage. If you want to train cardio, then do more rounds of sparring. Crossfit is a waste of time

Well I was president of NASA and you're wrong.
This is fun

You should bet on it so you can pay for your graduate degree in bio statistic digital imagery radio frequency doctorate professor medical PHD.

>Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology
HAHAHAHAHAHA

nice edit, it makes sense now but you're talking to the wrong guy

This
>Pro
Sorry user, training nobody's for King of the Cage isn't "pro"

post your sherdog profile

Any circuits you can recommend?

youtube.com/watch?v=qnjYyfkcaNI

You're right, most of it is scientifically proven to be better depending on the intensity and interval. Running is shit, especially distance running, for cardio training. You're better off doing sprints.

I train at a CrossFit gym.

It's kind of neat, but obviously for training purposes not optimal whatsoever

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I don't understand why people piss on kipping pull-ups. Or actually i do, its because of the lack of understanding.

Not all exercises are meant to build muscle. Snatch, clean, kipping pull ups.. they are used for different purposes. If the test is to get your chin over the bar as many times as possible, it's better to use your whole body efficiently to save strength.

I find it pathetic that these unathletic gymrats just want to muscle everything and see nothing else.

TL;DR kipping pull-ups are not meant to be pull ups

>dude DESTROYED lmao

because it looks retarded and working out is all about looking cool. everyone knows that

In two years of crossfit I went to 25 pullups (not kipping), a sub 7m 2k row, a sub 20 5k and my deadlift went from 405 to 495. My ohp from 175 to 195 for reps. My flexability improved and I can now do pistols.
It's really up to they gym to program competent routines. We do a couple hatch cycles a year, etc.
Injury rates have been fraudulently pushed.

>You're just some fag on Veeky Forums.
Not that guy but what would that make you?

Being this gullible.

You are being DESTROYED by poor quality bait.

I enjoy crossfit, the classes are interesting and fun, and it pushes me in areas I'd neglect if left to my own (more of the metcon stuff like air assault bikes, burpees, skipping etc)... the gymnastic work has really improved my mobility too. I still lift on my own on top of crossfit though

and the crossfit qts are real, way better than cardio bunnies at globogym

I know several people that went to college as a Kinesiology major. They were all fucking brainlets.

come back when you can run a mile faster than 99.99999999% of the population - it's okay to admit that you're shite and don't know a lot about exercise, I'm sure there's something else that makes u special :-)

>getting punched in the head as a job
>considering your opinion relevant
god dam

>t. High school dropout

I like to go to crossfit. I know it's not for everyone (not in the aspect of "teehee you can't do it" more of the aspect of "i legit hate going to the gym because fucking gymrats take 10 minutes wailing around on their cellphones and not FUCKING MOVING TO THEIR NEXT SET") and I've made some friends there. I try to stay out of the cult-mind aspect and can admit there are some major faults. There are days the exercises they explain are so retarded I just ask to "scale down" to something else because wtf is that shit nigga. Otherwise I don't talk about it much on Veeky Forums because I know it is a meme but I don't care.

What's your training routine?

Crossfitfag here, I've been doing it for a year and have definitely improved physically. A lot of the things people knock on it for are true.

My gym is labelled as a "mom gym" because a lot of members are parents from the local high school. My coaches are very good and thorough, but a lot of people are oblivious to keeping their form correct during oly lifts. Every single workout that calls for power cleans, you will never see a proper bounce followed by getting under the bar, these moms and fatties always muscle clean.

And speaking of bad form, a lot of these people have been there longer than I have, and still will not go above 65lbs max on any lift. I understand that it's scary, but they refuse to challenge themselves, and look exactly the same as they did a year ago. 90% of the gym cant do a strict pullup. It's basically a meetup for moms to chat and do endurance work for an hour.

There are a handful of us, who supplement our workouts with accessory strength training, and we're the guys and girls who actually show results.

TLDR: crossfit has it's strengths and weaknesses, but to really get anything out of it you have to do supplementary work

>sprinting isn't runninig
lmao nigga what's wrong with your head

Watched a couple of documentaries on Netflix, looks like it could be fun, but those flappy pull ups would likely rip my arms out their sockets. Also seems like there’s a big steroid problem for anyone who is serious about it.

>2 years of crossfit
>mfw I went from 5 to 25 pullups in one summer

>kipping pullups

man i've been doing more cardio lately (used to run but stopped ~ a yr) and as I'm getting back to it you just feel better.

just looked up what a kipping pullup is
what in the fuck, that hardly deserves being called a pullup

I mean where you hold the bar like you're gonna curl, but move yourself up instead of moving the bar, aka "real" pullups

Absolutely retarded on an unbelievable level

Kill yourself

Its pretty dumb but if it motivates you to exercise, then i dont really give a shit. I dont personally like the gym because I dont feel like im getting "good" at anything. Meanwhile, boxing and shit is something i can get better at, something I can focus on besides how much better i feel after a workout

NICE QUADS user

>I got a masters in Biostatistics
>2011+7
>studying anything with 'bio' in its name
Hang your head in shame, STEM brainlet.

>Crossfit

Where dykes go and get fit, Very anti-feminist.

This.

He improved, neck yourself

biostatistics is literally publishing hate facts. it is /pol/ the major.