/fat/ - You're Gonna Make It Edition

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>If you are overweight or obese, you should shed body fat before you try to build muscle mass. That means eating below your TDEE

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>discord
discord.gg/5DMREpw

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

idmprogram.com/fasting-myths-part-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm the 900 cals fem-user. The above is true. I cook and eat "clean food". Junk food, sweets, sodas, drinks and alcohol became a non issue. I no longer have the cravings and appetite for them. I no longer have to worry about eating food every 3-4 hours. Breakfast and lunch don't slow me down in the morning. I'm more relaxed not worrying what I'll have for lunch, and it's more pleasant and easier to prepare dinner at home. No more eating-out with friends just to eat. We go out to have the pleasure of each others company.It's a life less complicated.

Where is the 'fat fucks' guy?

Should I eat the oil in the canned tuna?

900 calories is okay as long as you're getting enough protein. And you may want to get a multi-vitamin if you're not getting enough in your diet

Nice trips

And it won't kill you but it's probably not great oil. And the label isn't going to have the oil in the calories

How bad is spaghetti really? I can buy a 500g pack from Tesco for 20pence and it will last me for 4 portions/meals. This is without sauce or anything else. Budget is a pretty big factor for my diet too

Buy Tuna in brine not oil

I ate almost exclusively fast food for the last year and gained like 30 kilo
Now I wanna eat better to get back in shape, but I can't stand cooking
What are some healthy meals I can eat that require the least prep possible?

Spaghetti has surprisingly a large amount of calories, and it's all carbs too.

If you are going to eat carbs, you're better off eating foods like potatoes or rice, which aren't calorie dense at all.

I’ve plateaud on my weight loss. Which I’m not understanding since I eat healthy workout and I’m around 1000 or more below my TDEE every single day, lost 15 pounds and now I’m stuck at 180-182 idk why and it’s driving me nuts. Tips?

It takes 5 minutes to prepare anything simple just stop being lazy lol

I just drank like 1000 kcal in wine and then went out to eat with my father.
I'm not gonna make it today.

worth a shot

The BEST Grilled Chicken Recipe you will ever have! Full of flavor from an easy spice rub, moist, and done in less than 20 minutes!
Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
½ teaspoon of ground coriander
½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
½ teaspoon of sea salt
¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 tablespoon of olive oil

Instructions
=========

- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, sea salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix until combined.
- Rub mixture over both sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken on grill and grill each side for 4-6 minutes depending on thickness. You just want to make sure there is no pink in the middle.
- Serve

If you can't do that then there is no hope for you, tastes excellent by the way.

So should I maybe add a few hundred cals to my diet for a few days? I’m really anxious about losing the progress I worked so hard for

Chronic caloric deficits lowers your TDEE, and not just due to less tissue maintenance requirements. Your body has adapted to less energy coming in by reducing thermogenesis, hormone production, etc. to conserve energy. Try a diet break by eating at maintenance for a week or two.

If you're stalled then action is the only answer, even if you try this and end up back where you were at least you'll know it doesn't work.

The reason why this sort of counter-intuitive approach does work is that it plays the Insulin system against itself.

Likely it is your Insulin system which is blocking your progress.

Reboot that MoFo!

>drove thru Taco Bell after work and got 2 beef quesoritos
>finsished eating them in parking lot and immediately drove back thru for 2 more

You're probably not going to make it user, but I guess you knew that...

you'd eat at tdee for this diet break
it's not like you'll regain five pounds in a day because of it

I'm doing just that and with my doctors approval. Thanks for worrying though.

Pouches with water, my lad. I mash it up before opening because it makes it a lot easier to mix with hummus.

Omelette plus spinach and green beans. One and done in 5 minutes

Ok anons. I will attempt to eat at my maintenance level for a week even though I’ll feel disgusting in the process. Will check back with a thread on rebooting in a week

>beef quesoritos
650 cal each. 2300 in like what, 10, 15 mins? I do that in 2 days, user. Get your shit together.

I did a maint week during Christmas+NYE after 5 months of pretty strict cutting. The initial weight gain will be a shock, but don't sweat it. How fast it came off after restarting cutting was an even bigger shock. Surpassed my pre-maint weight within 3 days.

Hmm I should try doing math properly. 650 x 4 = 2600. yikes.

Why am I so damn scared of /fast/? I've seen a lot of memes come in and out of Veeky Forums but this one appeals to me so much. I'm down from 335 to 277 and I sometimes feel like eating has become a chore so I think I've kicked my food addiction

I saw my belly for the first time in a while

Before I did not want to look at it, I was scared, like a monster that I wouldn't overcome

Now I look it in the mirror, and I just can see an enemy to defeat

But you've already defeated the real enemy, because the real enemy was you not doing anything in the first place.

All you're doing now is burying the corpses and seeding the battlefield with grass.

/they/ don't want you to fast. nobody (food industry, pharmaceutical industry, supplement industry) makes money if you just fast.

I'm Just starting to get back into my routine, I used to be 19stone, dropped down to 12stone and then got bored of watching everything I eat, but was skinny enough I started getting with women and not feeling like shit, Slowly crept back up to 13.5 and have maintained it for 2 years now doing manual labour and getting "work strong". Recently met my girlfriend who is tiny and super fit and we stayed with some of our mutual friends who are super fit and I suddenly felt the urge to stop being a lazy shit again. I boulder three times a week and it's been an amazing tool for me to focus getting fit as it's directly effected by my muscle strength and and weight. I've been pairing it up with some body weight excercises while eating a clean 1800 calories a day. My body fat is currently quite high however and have almost no tone outside of my forearms(Which I think my work has kept up to par). I have no interest in getting SUPER AESTHETIC lifting body but I'd really like one of those super functional body weight toned bodies. Will this current program, with a continuous push lead me to this goal?

I also have a few other questions like: I changed my form on my pushups and went from elbows out to elbows in, Now went for 30-40 odd to 5. Is this because I'm now using correct technique?

and is there any absolutely solid calisthenics programs for beginners that ISN'T CC? As it's been shown that CC's slow development over a 3 year period has awful gainz. Basically a routine leading into maximum gains for a floppy muscle torso.

Damn I'm gonna try make it this time, Not just lose weight and feel good about myself, I'm over that but get lean as hell.

Hence the reason why the various and oft-repeated myths about fasting exist:

idmprogram.com/fasting-myths-part-5/

- Fasting puts you in ‘starvation’ mode
- Fasting will overwhelm you with hunger
- Fasting causes overeating when you resume feeding
- Fasting will make you lose muscle
- Fasting deprives the body of nutrients
- Fasting causes hypoglycemia
- The brain needs glucose to function
- It’s just ‘crazy’

Each and everyone of these myths has been busted, many by the National Institutes of Health, yet still they persist...

just under 1800 calories today. Lost ~7lbs since Christmas. not bad so far

Bad day. Bit of a gambling addict and whenever I rage from losing I go into the kitchen and mindelessly eat. Had two biscuits and 2 packets of crisp today. Need to channel that rage on the punching bag instead

I also have an issue where If i Squat, after about 15 I start getting a popping in my right knee, it doesn't hurt but it's a bit disconcerting. It gradually rises and rises in volume and pressure until (again it doesn't hurt) It's just too uncomfortable to carry on.

When I was a bloatlord I used to have big squat and leg lifts, since losing I've lost all those gains but now suffer more than when I was fat. What can I do differently?

im having that problem and honestly i dont have the mental capacity to do this
i was eating almost nothing and now i changed my diet to 1500kcals and my weight is slightly going up and im freaking out already
i dont know what to do

Recalculate your TDEE and CICO to work out where you are going wrong, because as sure as eggs are eggs the answer lies in the numbers.

theres nothing to recalculate im eating about 1500kcals a day and working out very hard but the weight just isnt going down
ill have to go back to eating almost nothing again but im at a point where i dont really want to lose a lot of muscle

anyway im hoping that im losing fat but keeping muscle, if it isnt ill just kms i guess

Okay, but what I am saying is if your eating 1500kcals a day and you're exercising but still not losing weight then one of three things is happening.

1. Your 1,500 calories is more than that.
2. Your exercise regime + TDEE < 1,500 calories.
3. The universe has decided that the Laws of Thermodynamics don't apply to you.

Take your pick.

I can't stop having carbs and overeating.

I'm getting more exercise bit by bit, though.

Not saying your progress is bad progress but. I’ve lost 15 pounds since Jan 8th maybe you should try a little harder

>tfw huge mantitties mostly recede when standing up straight now

Have a doctor check you out

How fat are you? and whats your height?

its crazy to me to see some people here who are obese lose hundreds of pounds.. that is fucking nuts. good for you guys.

I'm 175, 5'8 25yo turbo manlet male and I'm pretty chubby around my belly and hips, I want to get down to 145-155. That seems like a really hard mountain to climb for me yet some of you guys do double that.

Most of you guys are going to make it. I might not.

my biggest struggle is cooking for myself. I know its simple but I always mess up the easiest stuff and it takes forever and I hate the clean up.

I wish I didn't even have to think about food. I'm either 100% into it and binge eating or just not about it and barely eating anything. I'm scared I've done permanent damage to my body already.

JUST.

Is OMAD a good transition to fasting?

I’m at 17% bf 6 ft 182

Yes it prepares you mentally and physically

Fat fucks

What about the guy who weighed 456lbs and a year later weighed 180lbs with no surgery or anything. Just didn't eat for a year.

His first meal after 392 days was an egg, which he didn't fancy, but ate anyway, after which he was full.

During his extended fast he only shat once every 40 - 50 days.

5 years later he still only weighed 190lbs.

Now that is commitment to weight loss. Puts even us fatties to shame.

just omad bro
clean up while cooking

yes , bonus points for low carb

He probably had no energy to do anything. I'm in college so I cannot risk doing an extreme diet that will sap all my energy.

In my personal experience it is, as part of my "get rid of all that shit phase" last summer I stopped drinking alcohol, then later caffeine and other stimulants, next was junk food (just cook everything myself from scratch).

I then moved into weight loss and started by doing OMAD, which helped tremendously since even if you're starving there is a limit to how much you can eat at one sitting (unless you're an actual glutton).

A major benefit of OMAD was that despite only having One Meal A Day as the name suggests, even that started to become overfacing, so I had to cut portions.

Next, I moved to 5:2 Fasting, still applying once a day, within a week I'd shifted up to AFD (Alternate Fasting Daily) and by November was doing increasingly longer periods of fasting.

Currently on OMAW (One Meal A Week) with a 144hr fast in between and feeling fine.

Is that transition enough. Put simply, OMAD is a good habit towards healthy eating regardless of whatever else you end up doing.

Are you water fasting or what?

to those that did omad, did you have trouble sticking to it?

did you eat at the same time every day? ever eat too early and wish you waited?

OMAD gives you a 1 hour eating window. I'll copy/paste what I wrote:

>I'm the 900 cals fem-user. The above is true. I cook and eat "clean food". Junk food, sweets, sodas, drinks and alcohol became a non issue. I no longer have the cravings and appetite for them. I no longer have to worry about eating food every 3-4 hours. Breakfast and lunch don't slow me down in the morning. I'm more relaxed not worrying what I'll have for lunch, and it's more pleasant and easier to prepare dinner at home. No more eating-out with friends just to eat. We go out to have the pleasure of each others company.It's a life less complicated.

No
Yes
No

>confess
I ate a peanut, so to offset the calories I ran three marathons.

How terrible are those calorie calculators?
>Overeat by 200 calories
>Go on nice long run, strava says I burned 800
It's safe to say I burned enough to be under my goal, right?

Tfw lose pump and veins are barely 3d anymore
Tfw just realized you forgot your tricep extensions
On the upside i am finally shitting agai.

You burn 100 calories per mile

Tfw lose pump and veins are barely 3d anymore
Tfw just realized you forgot your tricep extensions
On the upside i am finally shitting again.

Solid. 600 calories. More than happy with that.

You burn more than 100 calories per mile if you weigh more than 200 pounds. Speed will increase calories burned as well.

You're not gonna make it

We're all gonna make it.

>tfw already made it most of the way

I know. I just ate a pizza.

I've lost so much weight. But this loose skin. This loose skin, Veeky Forums.

I wake up and stare at it every single day. It haunts me. When my eyes look into the mirror, all they see is ugly and fat.

There is no light at the end of the tunnel. Only pain, suffering, and skin.

>mother got oreos
>tempted to eat them
>instead remember i bought berries
we're all gonna make it

eat raw veggies

no you need to stop gambling retard

tfw stuck at a weight for 2 weeks and all of a sudden BAM 9lbs gone off the scale

wtf

Stats?

Don't I even get a kiss first? Jesus!

Height: 173cm / 5"8'
Weight at start: 116kg / 256 lbs
Current weight: 98kg / 216 lbs
TDEE: 2,144
Calorific deficit: 1,800 per day.

>Haven't lost weight in a week
>Thinner with fat fuck appetite so things will only get harder from here

Will I ever stop losing weight on 1,400 calories a day (I'm 5'5")?

No alcohol at all for a week. This is big for someone who's drank pretty much daily since June 2017. Keto and under 1,750 since Tuesday. Apparently lost 9 pounds but I'm sure much of that is water weight.

On the road to success and it isn't as hard as I imagined it would be.

If your activity is low enough, eventually you'll lose enough weight for it to even out, yeah. My BMR is ~1450 so another 6-8 pounds lost I would be at 1400. Realistically though, no. It'll just keep slowing down until you change something (more activity, IF, etc)

I agree.

Tomorrow is a new day so make it count, you big wobbly bag of lard.

I'm currently 128lbs and eating 1,400 a day (I eat 160 calories 4 hours after waking up and then the rest 24 hours after eating my previous 2nd meal). The weight loss is slow and steady. I might do 30 minutes of cardio after waking up each day or lower my calories to 1,300. It says my BMR is around 1,520.

Now I wanna see what a turd that's been baking for 50 days looks like.

I bet you don't want to smell it.

The watery shits I do after drinking snake juice all day smell bad enough.

If I get loose skin I'll probably just go full roid monster to fill it back out. Rather be fat than look like a scrot bag.

Good for you user. You win.

At Christmas I drank ten pints of Guinness, 3 bottles of red wine and a gallon of eggnog and the next day my shit looked like a German flag.

I invoke Rule 32.

I'd repeat the experiment and document the resulting log M8pai but unfortunatey I'm dieting right now :^)

Plateaus are fake. Re-calculate TDEE.

Went to the gym for the first time today bros, did 40min walking at 4km/h approx (3% incline). I'm pretty proud of myself.

It might sound like nothing but I'm 350lbs and haven't walked in years (I use the car for everything)

Since your a fitbro I am prepared to believe you nevertheless.

wtf I'm going to be a fatass tomorrow now

Almost halfway to ideal weight, passed 200lbs two weeks ago. Honestly I don’t think I would’ve even made it this far with a food-restrictive diet.

>Plateaus are fake. Re-calculate TDEE.
Not all plateaux are fake (although many are as you say caused by incorrect TDEE assessment, folks either underestimating calories in or overestimating calories out), bullshit numbers in mobile phone apps don't help either.

Sometimes though a plateau (singular) is real and its caused by the body's insulin cycle effectively fucking you over.

This is why the recommended actions are:

1. Check your TDEE calcs to see if you fucked up ('cos most of the time you did or relied on bullshit data)

2. Switch to a TDEE maintenance diet and cardio only routine for 1 to 2 weeks and then restart.

I am well aware that #2 is the biological equivalent of "turning it off and back on again", but as with computers, despite it sounding like bollocks it does work. If it's counterintuitive but it works its worth doing.

Well done bro!

I should pass the 200lb mark sometime in February.

We're going to make it!

This is the best exercise for really fat guys trying to make it. Have the treadmills at your gym got heart rate sensors? If so keep an eye on them; cardio improves fairly quickly and it's satisfying as fuck seeing heart and lung function improve. I still warm up with incline walks but I've graduated to 5k metres on the rowing machine every workout for my main cardio. Keep it up brother.