Is it bad to use amphetamines to achieve all of my success in life?

Is it bad to use amphetamines to achieve all of my success in life?

For much of my life growing up I was lazy, unmotivated, immature, and VERY stupid. I just drifted through life like a piece of fucking driftwood (although I was completely arrogant of that fact and believed the opposite) and I was a complete slave to my emotions and temporary desires. I was a brainlet loser.

Around 18, I tried Adderall and my life changed completely. It felt like my eyes had opened up for the first time, I could actually achieve the things I wanted to achieve, not just try to achieve them and give up when it got hard, but achieve it every single time, and very quickly too. I lost weight so fast, got Veeky Forums so fast, passed the entrance exams for the best school in my state (none of the rest of my family have even gone to college) with flying colors, got the girl of my dreams, made SO many friends (I used to be an autistic shut-in with severe social anxiety) and I started to read voraciously (I used to hate studying) which helped me actually understand academic material. (I used to cheat to pass)

(continued in next post)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős
discord.gg/zM4Hjn
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It has been a couple of years now and I'm still on it and I'm only getting smarter and stronger. But I can't shake this gnawing thought in the back of my head that none of my success was won by me, the actual real me, because I feel nothing like I used to, and although I'm objectively more successful, I don't know I'd say I'm any happier. I really kicked my childhood to the curb when I started amphetamines, I stopped gaming, stopped eating junk food, stopped wasting my time, etc. And although many of you might say it was good to kick those bad habits, they were still part of the real, honest me; the me who didn't care about social status or money or school, the me who loved simple pleasures like gaming or eating doritos, the me I had been since birth, the me that my family loved and was familiar with.

Basically I don't recognize myself when I look in the mirror, and I don't know how to feel about that.

Any anons on here that have felt/dealt with these kinds of feelings/situations? Will this medication ruin my life, or is it improving it? I can't see into the future, and I need to know what the most likely outcome is.

Also general self-improvement thread I guess.

Bump

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős

he was a great mathematician that used amphetamines. he had a contest with a friend to see if he could stop using for a month. he did. after that month, he said to his friend, you've set mathematics behind a month.

do you have an addiction? yes.
does it have some positives, does it make you feel good? sure.
is it a problem? this is for you to determine. you experience guilt. do you feel shame? do you actually want to live a life without amphetamines, but still with the success? do you want to try?

fuck alcoholics anonymous, but also fuck being a slave to chemicals.

everyone needs to grow up eventually, after hearing ur story im probably gonna look into adderall see if it can get my lazy ass doing shit

I feel like you are a huge fucking cheater bitch, OP.

I just need to know what the greatest good in life is so I can pursue it. Is it to achieve as much as possible, regardless of how I feel? Or is to invest in my own happiness, regardless of what people think of me? Is it a combination of both? Idk I need help figuring this shit out.

Shut up brainlet.

The questions you're asking are way too big for a Pakistani goat-rearing forum. Talk to people you love and trust - parents, siblings, close friends, a priest or a rabbi, you get the idea. In the end, you have to decide whether your actions are moral or not. If you believe there's a higher power making that judgment, you need to get in touch with that as well. But fuck what random people think, if that's what you're worried about. How do you see yourself? Do you look in the mirror and say "you're a fucking cheater, this isn't me, this is just some drugs"? Or do you look in the mirror and swell with pride, secure in the knowledge that while you may have had a helping hand you still made a conscious choice and put in very real time and effort to achieve all your ends?
Personally I say good on you. We need more people pushing through barriers and achieving real shit and less people moping around demanding society make things easier for them. But you have to do a little work here and decide for yourself what the answer's going to be.

my goal op is to make enough money so that my family and close friends are healthy and happy, and then being able to give back to the needy

Do you take Adderall daily or you have something like a schedule OP? Also side-effects?

discord.gg/zM4Hjn

Talk to your doctor as to the side effects of long term use.

As for the personal stuff, I suspect you've got imposter syndrome. I had a similar thing, went from loser to Chad lite. For a long time (a couple of years or more) I felt like a fraud, that I was really a nerd putting on a fake persona.

Eventually I accepted that all the parts of my identity were true, and I don't think of it much now.

how is sex life on adderall?

>Is it bad to use amphetamines to achieve all of my success in life?
Do you want to die?
You'll end up an addict, and achieve the exact opposite of what you set out to do: succeed.

A lot of ADHD meds are only a few chemicals away from crystal meth. I can't speak about adult use, but when I was a kid I was on two different meds for ADHD. It gave me heart problems when I was on it (had to go to the hospital once cause I had a resting heart rate of 160 bpm), and I think they damaged part of the reward and motivation system in my brain.

this !

I was on amphetamines for years and while they did help my mood the negative effects on my health (hypertension and dependency) were too severe in the long run. If you're currently taking them OP I would suggest you regularly get your blood pressure and vision checked, prolonged use can lead to glaucoma and heart disease.

I take it daily yes. Once a day, XR, 20mg. I get checked regularly and I there have been no side-effects. I have been told I am a unique case however, and often people need to increase dosage, which I have never done.

I can't tell much of a difference, but it makes it easier to get sex if that makes sense.

It was you, ultimately, that made the decision to take adderall in the first place. You made that decision. Anything that happens was a result of a decision that the "real" you made, because whatever "you" you are is the only relevant one.

Maybe talk to a doctor for going on a little break period, if you haven't already.

If you can take it and be productive instead of fapping your dick into a ribbons then go for it

>the actual real me
That person is dead and you're just the hollowed out shell that can't see inward. You didn't learn to be successful without the medication so now you are forever doomed to depend on it. Should you ever develop a tolerance great enough that the medication stops working you will break down and crumple to dust since continuing your life as is will become impossible and the inner void will be all thats left.
Anyway, congrats on your success user!

Every single being on earth is a slave to chemicals user

Struggle thinking about this all the time, because even if you would say that adderal is too much of a cheat code, where is the line?

Creatine, coffee, vitamins, etc are they not allowed because they aid you? If so, then why not adderal to get you going and weed to cool you off? Alcohol catalyzes a lot of social interactions, but are they valid?

Fuck

OP just wanted you to know I feel the same way. I'm in college and been dabbling in amphetamines to help with studying, but I feel such a huge boost in every other facet of my life that I'm tempted to take them more often.

Any advice?

I used to take a small dosage of ritalin, the first week was cocaine-like. I cleaned my whole house and sold an old router for money. Stuff I would have never done but I wanted to do.

I'm not sure if I should get back on that stuff, I have no motivation to do more than a couple of easy things a day. Developing discipline is so hard and slow, I never learned while I was a kid.

Should I jones on my doctor for some Adderall?

bumping for interest

I can't say for sure what your experience taking them more often will be like, as I said earlier I have yet to develop much tolerance and I've been told that other people generally do. The best thing you can do when on them is to not waste your time in any way; figure out the things you should be doing, organize them into your day as efficiently as possible, and then use the massive motivation/intelligence boost to do them. Gotta clean your room? Do it. Lift? Do it. Study? Do it. Learn a language? Do it. Learn about nuclear science? Do it.

It'll make you sociable and you'll like listening to music on it, but don't do these things, do useful things, it can really get you ahead.

I suppose I would say do it, but like I said above don't waste your time when on it. Even if you develop a tolerance in two weeks and burn out, you'll still have had a very productive two weeks. If you only do it a few times a week and do not build a tolerance, make sure you are disciplined on the days you are on it and get things done.

It changed my life (for better or worse) and it can change yours. Be careful what you wish for.

>tfw a slave to diet coke

how do stop it bros?

That's how I get when I'm single or shut off the computer.... I disable the internet for 1 month during the spring for the entire family and we fix the yard up, clean hard, do renovating projects. We're doing the kitchen, roof, ducting, new AC/Furnace and new windows this year. I'm giddy as fuck.

Are you going to stop eating because you might be a slave to macronutrients? I bet you can't go one month without oxygen either; all your success isn't really yours since you couldn't have achieved it without the use of an exogenous chemical.

Literally lmao at the babby tier reasoning in this thread aside from This isn't a hard question. You don't need to worry or lose sleep, you definitely don't need to consult your family or a fucking faggot priest LOL

If you aren't using adderall (or similar stimulants) you are just handicapping yourself. Enjoy losing at life to people who aren't afraid to do what it takes to succeed. The alternative is just taking the "be better at everything" pills and reaping the rewards. Really tough call OP

Do you still take them on weekends or days where you're not really busy/trying to be productive?

Thanks for the advice OP.

What do I tell my doc to hop on? What if I happen across one who is ethical and would rather avoid drugs?

Maybe you just need to get a buzz to get through your day. Try drinking coffee or vaping or both. Hop off the adderall, it's gonna fuck you up.

I'm not on. I want to get on.
Coffee just meakes me jittery and angry... Ok just jittery, it's being myself that makes me angry

Am ibtredast

you were an empty subhuman to begin with, you turned to amphetamine salts and now you're a vapid empty mess today

>being a junkie

shiggy

Exactly the same reaction to caffeine,
Somebody tell me what to tell doc in Ireland to get addy apart from just “I can’t concentrate” - they don’t really fall for that shite anymore unforch

>I really kicked my childhood to the curb when I started amphetamines, I stopped gaming, stopped eating junk food, stopped wasting my time, etc
What drug(s) do you take and how often? I would like to kick these habits myself.

I live in the UK, and Adderall is illegal as fuck over here (Class B) but my housemate from America managed to bring his prescription over with him. It was exam season at my uni and he offered to split his prescription with me, so we could sesh work and pass the year and I've got to say, I’ve never worked so hard and so well in my life but after all the exams were done and we ran out of our gear, I lost any kind of motivation to do work on my own. I ended up passing the first semester with some of the best grades on my course to being unable to push myself to do anything later and ended up failing the second.
I’m better now but taking that shit for literally two weeks fucked me up for a long time. That’s the think OP, if you want to continue succeeding, you’ll have to keep taking the drugs. If not, you’ll stagnate and maybe even retrograde