Has anyone done Keto? Thinking about it

Has anyone done Keto? Thinking about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szz40SZMzpI&vl=en
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3219306/
healthyeating.sfgate.com/happens-unburned-carbohydrates-2461.html
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3165600
main.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/PrinterFriendly.aspx?ID=1122&lang=en
thesportjournal.org/article/glycogen-replenishment-after-exhaustive-exercise/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that was a waste of good steak.

But also yes user, its pretty good. I'm on it and I'm down just over 20kg (about 45lbs) since October.

>heart disease
>good

Are you retarded? Sugar causes heart disease. You don't eat sugar on keto.

Its fine, the problem is these fucking people that eat TWICE as much as they usually do just because its not carb anymore. The fuck nigga, you won't

It was a good piece of meat until he showed how fucking uncooked it is god its so disgusting

And also OP you should check your teeth as they are meant to be adapted to your body's dietary needs, I have very sharp teeth and all the way to my molars they are not flat but made of small spikes. I live almost exclusively of animal products and my blood tests show very good levels in everything, good HDL/LDL balance, high hemoglobin count, very low triglycerides

If you have flat teeth consider yourself a cuck of nature and just eat plant products and carbs desu

yeah , i dont overdo the meats and cheese
i eat big ass salads with meats on top
also did IF
and omad
now im fasting 3 days a week

Jump on it if you have a lot of weight to lose. Lost 45lb in 4 months doing keto, almost ready to start a lean bulk thanks to it.

>DUDE CHEESE AND BACON LMAO
fucking reddit

>eats well done meat

might as well switch to tofu now.

Yes
Feels great in the beginning but then as any other diet it fails

You're projecting. Any diet (YOU) try fails because you're a lazy fatass.

>just YOU
yeah sure whatever

Why is everything popular Reddit? Most people think cheese, bacon and steak are very tasty. Are you sure you aren't just a contrarian autist?

Ewwwwwww wtf is he doing to that steak? It's ruined

>Has anyone done Keto?
No, you're the first individual to ever consider doing keto. You're really ahead of your time.

Goddamn Americans

The problem with keto as opposed to a normal diet at deficit is that a single mistake can set you back a several days. If you get out of ketosis it will take awhile to get back into it.

If you're new to dieting I would just start with a deficit.

Not really. When I break keto I'm back on track the next day.

You might be back on track with the diet but your body is not in a state of ketosis the next day.

what's with the gay gloves? is this a fetish thing

I'm not on it for weight loss, but I can physically and mentally feel the difference. Once you've gone through the initial adaptation, it becomes easier as long as you don't binge on cookies all day or some shit. One cheat meal won't setyou back much, and there are specific subsets of keto (TKD, SKD) that take advantage of this.

Let's say you have a cheat meal with 100g carbs. 4cal per carb makes that 400cal. Burn that off, and your body has only fat to utilize and will readapt quickly.

Just try it OP. I just started it today, done low carb before - going cray mode.

Got these results so far with keto and OMAD
Pics are when I was 280-ish in December, down to 268 this morning

Forgot to add, before pics were in January 2017, was 420 lbs att.

>any other diet it fails
Pretty much every diet works. You just lack will, and as such, you will never make it.

My trips of truth speak the truth nigger

Congrats on results. Make sure to get plenty of vits E, A C, and collagen, both orally and topically. It will help with the stretch marks.

t. veganfag

>"I live almost exclusively of animal products"
>med-rare steak is "uncooked"

go fucking LARP somewhere else

nice work my boy

>And also OP you should check your teeth as they are meant to be adapted to your body's dietary needs, I have very sharp teeth and all the way to my molars they are not flat but made of small spikes. I live almost exclusively of animal products and my blood tests show very good levels in everything, good HDL/LDL balance, high hemoglobin count, very low triglycerides

This is the biggest load of bullshit. You're jacked teeth don't dictate what a healthy diet is.

>Removing essential parts of your diet

Just eat less you fucking retard.

I'm alright with stretch marks, im terrified of how much lose skin I'll have though
Thanks dawggie dawg. Officially down from 4-5 X shirts to most 2x

It's a need to feel superior when your life is going nowhere

>my internet community is better than yours

>Carbs
>Essential
Check your research el tardo

Do it. Lift, eat meat, garnish with veggies. The first week or so will suck, but another month or so and you'll feel and look better.

Your brain can't run off energy from fat and protein. Removing carbs will just make you more of a brainlet.

The brain has absolutely no problems running off of ketones.

In fact, ketone metabolism in the brain (and in general) produces less reactive oxygen species in the than carbohydrate metabolism.

youtube.com/watch?v=szz40SZMzpI&vl=en

How old are you? I'm 23, fuck I hope I'm still young enough to not end flabby and shit

I had pcos and tried it, didn't really do much but give me more energy, physically I looked about the same but with clearer skin and a smaller waist and bigger thighers

Foods with a high glycemic index have been linked to heart disease; however, that doesn't mean we should ignore the direct cause that high meat consumption has on heart disease.

Me and the husband are both keto. He has to be for his seizure condition. I am just because I love staying lean.

>kid in middle school made a cringey video
>thank god I can still eat meat & cheese

>causation
>correlation

Does one imply the other?

Out-fucking-standing user. Keep it up.

>implying excess protein isn't stored as a carbohydrate

At least know what you're talking about first.

Well there might some truth to that but I don't believe your brain can run at 100% like that.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3219306/

>At such times, ketones can supply up to 50% of basal energy requirements. More interesting, however, is the fact that ketones can provide as much as 70% of the brain's energy needs

I've lost 20 pounds in 28 days on keto.

The strictness of the diet really helps instill discipline if you've failed diets before, because it forces you to meal plan and takes 95% of snacks that are easily accessible. And the lack of sugar and carbs helps change your relationship with food (which is what needs to happen for a diet to have lasting, long-term success).

>implying excess protein isn't stored as a carbohydrate

They aren't? Are we just making things up now?

>Gluconeogenesis is a ubiquitous process, present in plants, animals, fungi, bacteria, and other microorganisms. In animals, gluconeogenesis takes place mainly in the liver and, to a lesser extent, in the cortex of kidneys. This process occurs during periods of fasting, starvation, low-carbohydrate diets, or intense exercise and is highly endergonic. For example, the pathway leading from phosphoenolpyruvate to glucose-6-phosphate requires 6 molecules of ATP. Gluconeogenesis is often associated with ketosis.

I agree with this. It takes awhile to lose that water weight again. I took a week off and it took me a good 2-3 weeks in january to lose all the water weight I had gained during christmas.

Ur legit retarded boyo, he's right. That's why when people eat like 100+ grams of protein while on "keto" they aren't really on keto and just end up looking like jackasses.

>non-smokers get CA too
>smoking is only correlated with CA

You're ignoring years of medical research, because of a lack of will power.

>stored as a carbohydrate

healthyeating.sfgate.com/happens-unburned-carbohydrates-2461.html

>Of the three major nutrients -- carbohydrates, fat and protein -- the body burns carbs first for energy because they can’t be stored in great quantities.

Good luck getting enough energy like that.

>a diet that causes you to suffer negative consequences for not sticking to it is a bad thing

Some people need that to maintain discipline.

>one study
The ketogenic diet has also been shown by countless studies to improve cognitive function, especially in those in neurological disorders like epilepsy, parkinson's, and even autism. The jury is still out.

>posts an article about unburned carbs in a discussion about unburned protein

>and collagen
will chicken soup do? or should i eat more knox gelatin ?

>because they can’t be stored in great quantities.
Why does that matter?
The facts don't change about 'storing' carbs.

I turn 23 in may. I say go for it man, for your health at least
Danks senpai

Holy shit, people. KETO IS A MEME.
There's no point in going through "ketosis". If you are burning more calories than you take in, you will lose body fat. Plain and simple. It doen't matter if your energy is coming from carbs or fats.

I really don't like that people call things memes now. What happened to just calling things bullshit.

Tho I do agree that its rubbish. It's just a way of pushing away the facts, fatties invent all theses stupid diets because they are just trying to avoid the truth that all they have to do is eat less.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

Increases your body's ability to hold onto muscle mass and instead metabolize fat into energy. If your body could maintain a 500 kcal deficit normally, ketosis would increase this to 830. Still need to hit the deficit, but as lean meat is harder to overeat on, and insulin doesn't spike leading to hunger, it's slightly easier to do if you don't mind avoiding all carbs.

>straw man
How does one construct one?

>ad hominem
Is it a legitimate counterargument?

>he doesn't know about glycogen stores

Where do you think that glycogen is going since you're eating so few carbs that the body has to produce its own?

It doesn't need to run 100% like that.

Are you a fucking retard?

the higher order portions of the brain are perfectly fine running 100% of the time on ketones. >Mitochondria take in ketone body.
>ketone body goes through the krebs cycle
>ATP gets spit out

>glucose goes through kreb cycle
>ATP gets spit out

There's literally no difference except for the fact that ketones produce fewer reactive oxygen species

Now it IS true that the primal parts of the brain are fully incapable of utilizing ketones for fuel. They absolutely do require glucose to survive and if you take away all the glucose you can suffer very negative effects (we can touch on that later)

>SEE! SEE!!!! YOU JUST ADMITTED THAT THE BRAIN NEEDS CARBS!!!!!!!
What is another name for fat?
>UHHH....What's your fucking point keto fag?!
Triglyceride
>SO WHAT?!
Three fat molecules attached to a glycerol backbone
>Your point?! Your brain still needs carbs to survive dumbass!
Glycerol is converted to Glucose in 5 easy steps.
>oh...

Been doing keto a year, and the above is true, anyone who argues against it is a fucking retard, however, I do keto because I enjoy the food more and it controls my sugar cravings that made me so fucking fat, as well as being proven to be fine for human health if done correctly so it works better for my individual situation, obviously I still eat under maintenance calories though, keto isn't a meme, it isn't magic either though, it's just a diet. Most diets works really, if you count calories honestly.

it gonna eat out your gain

>tfw I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and stay ripped

Honestly as long as you lift a lot, diet isn't that important. I eat burgers and ice cream and candy and shit every day and I've been 11% body fat for two years and lifts go up every other week

just lift hard faggots, lift like your life depends on it

>inb4 hurr fast metabolism or durr not healthy

quit thinking about your fasting and keto and meal plans months in advance and just lift the heaviest possible shit you can

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3165600

>Glycogen storage capacity in man is approximately 15 g/kg body weight and can accommodate a gain of approximately 500 g before net lipid synthesis contributes to increasing body fat mass.

Example weigh 72kg, thats 72x15 = 1080g

main.poliquingroup.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/PrinterFriendly.aspx?ID=1122&lang=en

>Muscle glycogen provides 1,400-2,000 calories or 350-500 grams of glycogen, which is enough for 90 minutes of endurance exercise. It is stored in muscle cells and used by those cells for energy. Liver glycogen provides about 400 calories or 100 grams of glycogen

500g = 2000cals
1g = 4cals
1080g = 4320cals

Being a fatty doesn't mean a huge amount more of glycogen because it is stored in muscles not fat.

I'm having trouble finding article that talk directly about glycogen being reproduced but I'll post this so you get an idea of the levels its produced at.

thesportjournal.org/article/glycogen-replenishment-after-exhaustive-exercise/

Normally, 2% of glycogen is resynthesized per hour after the initial 2 hours immediately after exercise.

24% is being produced a day.
100% = 4320cals
24% = 1036.8cals a day

>inb4 but thats normally!

>the higher order portions of the brain are perfectly fine running 100% of the time on ketones.

>ignores link and evidence
>calls someone else a retard

I love you user. You're truly an inspiration to me.

>doesn't understand that the different parts of the brain have different metabolic profiles

The pre-frontal cortex couldn't give one flying fuck about glucose or ketones

The cerebellum on the other hand is all "Bitch you better give me some fucking glucose"

the brain as a whole can get away with 70% of it's energy needs from ketones.

the remaining 30% of glucose needs can be met from glycerol through gluconeogenesis... exactly as I pointed out in my fucking post that you ignored. A point I was making that dietary carbs are completely unnecessary for fueling the brain

I fucked up my maths but whatever.
Finding links that talked about glycogen being produced by protein was too hard and I'm tired.

Sugar contributes to heart disease. Sugar is not the sole cause of heart disease. The abomination in OP's webm also contributes to heart disease.

>being proven to be fine for human health if done correctly
Where is this proof?

It's almost like *gasp* an OVER ABUNDANCE OF CALORIES leads to heart disease.

Obesity also contributes to heart disease but food has effects on your health separate from your weight.

>healthy test-boosting fats and proteins
>contributes to heart disease

Fucking retard

>getting emotional over food
It's not healthy and probably doesn't do anything for your testosterone. It just makes you die earlier.

So once our glycogen stores are full, which are determined by our muscle mass and liver...the rest is simply changed into fat.
Is that how it is?
So once we've burned off the excess calories from food and then gone through the stored glycogen we're full on into pure keto is that it?

>durrr hurrrr

>this is what you've been reduced to

I did

[citation needed]

cheese bacon and steak is a good combo but its a very basic combo and in OP, his enthusiasm for such a basic combo leads him to make a huge unappetizing mess that has no purpose other than to be filmed and posted on the internet

Shit diet.

What is gluconeogenisis?

I mean brain fog / keto fog is an expression for a reason. But yeah what that user said was retarded.

You look awful, sorry to say. You're going to die alone.

Saturated fat and cholesterol are what causes the buildup of plaque in your arteries. Sugar contributes to it but it's not the major cause.

>plaque in arteries
Hi! The 1960s called. They want their research back.
You may want to read up on triglycerides and especially on LDL particle size.

>"lol fluffy LDL is totally good"
>still shit for your arteries, just a little bit less compared to small LDL
Retard.

>epic fail
You didn't read up on particle size. (Estimated by particle count vs vs total mass.)
How do I know? Becuase your imaginary quote was the opposite of what I was guiding you to research.

Don't fret my dear user. After you read up on current research from the last couple of years you can pretend all those posts were made by someone else. Then you'll be referring to those with your current view as "retards".

>IS A MEME
Everything is

>epic fail
Yeah you sound like you know the newest and hottest shit. And yes I was literally refering to LDL particle size.

Cholesterol gets stuck to your arteries when they are damaged and that is what forms clots. It is the microtears/scar tissue that inflammation causes that acts as a "catch" for cholesterol.
It's like wearing sticky shoes outside and blaming the dirt that your shoes get crusty.

The main cause of inflammation is "metabolic syndrome" aka eating too much sugars/carbs.