QTDDTOT

How much weight should I add everytime on the bench press for progressive overload ? 10 lbs?

Other urls found in this thread:

biggerfasterstronger.com/home/DownloadProgram.asp
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0048826/
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170326581
onecleverchef.com/3-ingredient-chocolate-protein-mug-cake/
youtu.be/dCmY_HxrqWs?t=4m47s
amazon.com/dp/B01HNSRYAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_l9vjL9pBgPnNN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depends on where you start at, but 10lbs at first, then 5lbs as it gets more and more difficult.

will mouth exercises make my face more chiseled?

Is it a waste of time to do sprinting and endurance running? Was thinking of doing like 4 sprint workouts and 2 endurance workouts (nothing crazy, just 30-60 minutes of jogging) per week but I've heard they work different energy systems and was wondering if I'd just be spinning my wheels doing both. My goal is just to be in pretty good all around cardiovascular shape for stuff like pick up basketball, touch football, etc. Wat do?

How far can I get with a 10kg dumbbell?

how much can you add? add as much as you can.
if you can't add weight, add reps, then when you have added reps, go back in reps and up in weight

no.
and onions won't add test

hs and collegiate football teams do similar stuff all the time
bfs does sprint skill training + plyometrics + conditioning on the track on tue/thu off-season while lifting weights 3x/week full-body mon/wed/fri
you can download pdfs of their plans for this here biggerfasterstronger.com/home/DownloadProgram.asp

not much further than you can with bodyweight

is organic food a meme or is it actually healthier?

meme
there may be minor health benefits but if the rest of your easy shit isn't already perfect, like diet exercise rest etc perfect program, there's lower-hanging fruit to pick, and it's certainly not worth paying double for regular goods when it's a minor benefit
ergo, meme-tier

I have been failing my last rep on my last set of 3x5 bench for the third time on starting strength.

added 50 lbs. in a month.

eating a calorie deficit of about 750. is this where I am fucking up? do I need to at least eat at maintenance?

only been back in the gym for about a month and bench press has never been a strong lift for me.

I do not cheat, and I have not modified starting strength except I added sit ups to the routine.

What is it like to have parents who love each other?

Pretty good desu, weird when you hear then bang

Assuming you train it once or twice a week alternating, 5 lbs per session if you started with the bar until you stall, then 5 lbs per week after a 10% deload until a second stall, then 5 lbs every other until a third. This should last you until a Late Intermediate / Advanced Bench Press.

Yes. Your face is full of muscles, but fixing an underbite and resting tongue position will jut out your chin and suck in the area under your jaw. For exercises, press your tongue hard against the roof of your mouth for added muscle gain to your neck near your Adam's Apple.

Doing one will hamper the other due to a lack of recovery. As a general rule of thumb, muscles require a minimum of 36 hours to recover.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8563679

Decently, but mostly only for upperbody lifts for a month or two as lifting it effectively with your lowerbody is fairly difficult. Lunges maybe, but that's too light-weight. Strength-wise, virtually nowhere.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0048826/

Doesn't do shit.

Have a refeed week eating a Maintenance, decrease the deficit to 400, and make sure you're resting 3-5 minutes between sets. You can gain muscle whilst cutting assuming the deficit is not too low. See post #4:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170326581

I wouldn't know.

I kind of fucked up my lower back yesterday when squatting (long story) and now it hurts when I lean forward. Should I give myself a weeks rest from liftan so I don't fuck it up even more in the long run ? Am doing greyskull btw

I do front and back squats on this bad boy here. Just got to 400lbs for 8 reps. Is this cheating? I usually use the smith machine, but o fell in love with this thing. I want to eventually start doing plain old barbell Squats, but something tells me I won’t excel at them as well as I do on this.

Yeah, it’s better to play it safe. Try stretching and massaging it using a roller. Maybe crack it or pop it back into place.

i get lower back pain from squatting heavier weight. ive read that its because of a weak core. is it cause of bad form or weak core? or maybe both?

Is there anything wrong with squatting slowly?

Stick with the starting strength for now and just bump my intake up a bit then?

I'm this user

The fuck are you doing, use a fucking barbell. You'll probably have to start with low weight.
Having good numbers on a machine is like being the winner of the special olimpics.

Avoid any activities or positions that directly aggravate the issue (temporarily!). But otherwise stay active. Bed rest is your worst option if you want a swift recovery.

Once the pain has subsided, gradually reintroduce the problematic exercises. But progress slowly. Your strength levels will increase faster than your nervous system's tolerance to load.
Also, check your form and see if you've consistently been doing something stupid.

I know you mean well, but it's shit advice. All of it.

You get pain because the load you're handling (load = the weight or the number of lifts or RPE or a combination) exceeds the capacity of your tissues.

This can happen if you progress to quickly
or if you're not recovered well enough
or if you're using a technique that doesn't distribute load properly across your body.

Poor bracing strategy can also influence how the load is distributed. And a "weak" core may affect this, although oftentimes it's more of a motor control thing than straight up weakness. Ie. you need to practice doing the exercise properly. But yeah, it can also be one of the other things.

No, but you wear yourself out more, which means you either do less reps or less weight. You don’t want to speed through them, but you want a good pump.

I'm i know for a fact i dont get enough recovery time, i get like 4/5 hours of sleep a night. what do you recommend i do to fix this? my plans were to work on form and work my core. also thanks user

>Lifting
>Not sleeping 8 hours/day
You're wasting your time. Recovery is the actual process that builds muscle.

>i dont get enough recovery time
Well then this is what you need to adress.
That said, it's never a bad idea to check your form. But as long as it's not horrible, it's unlikely that it's the cause.

That’s what I was afraid of. That goes for the smith machine too?
Shit.
I’ll go barbell next leg day.

Barbell squats have a reputation of being a quite challenging exercise, both because there's a lot of technique to it, but also because it's a strenous exercise that requires a lot of effort.
Therefore, many guys love the squat and are going to shit and any attempt to replace it.

That doesn't mean that you can't still enjoy using that machine and actually build some serious muscle mass using it.

Don't get me wrong, I'd pick squats too. But nobody can take your man card for using a machine as long as you train hard.

I had something similar happen recently though it was deadlifts that caused it. I couldn't do any leg or lower back exercises because of the pain. I just did upper body exercises and cardio instead

Took about 3 weeks to heal.

I'm currently doing 3x5 squats -> 3x5 bench press -> 3x chin ups.

The problem is I can't do any chinups (yet), what dumbell exercise can I do instead?

The logical choice would be pull-downs with a medium width supinated grip.

If it has to be a dumbbell exercise for whatever reason, do single arm DB rows.

You can try Lat Pulldown Machine, at least until you can do a few chin ups.

I've got a bad cold, without any equipment at home is there some simple bodyweight stuff I can do for my arms/back? Secondly, any good alternatives to peanuts that aren't other nuts or lagoons or whatever? I'm fucking deathly allergic.

Are back extensions worth doing?
They just leave me sore

Depends on what you're trying to accomplish, obviously.

First identify the goal.
Then figure out how to get there - what exercises to use etc.

Don't just do random shit for the heck of it.

Are pre-workouts bad for you?
I only take one scoop a week and don't generally drink any caffeine.

When injured, is it okay to still cut as you do rehab training? Or should you bulk? PTs always say 'eat like regular people', but I feel like one or the other must be optimal. I want to keep cutting, but I don't know if I should or not.

Alright lads, I don't know what's going on but this is annoying me.
I was gaining weight fine for a while but then I got hit with that barely any appetite for about 2 weeks meme (I obviously lost weight) and now I'm struggling to get back to where I was which is incredibly frustrating.
Should I just shovel down more food or will this fix itself if I keep going with the same calorie amount I was eating before the 2 weeks of feeling like death?

In general, they're not so bad. You'd want to follow the recommended dosage and time-intervals described on the product. Personally, If you can, do without it. It's costly and not 'something to make you healthier'. But I doubt it'll do you harm unless you have stuff like genetic heart problems etc.

Do it bit by bit. Add extra 50kcal every day until you reach back up.
Eat big to get big. Just don't start shoveling down to the point where your body can't handle it.

When i do leg presses, i mostly feel it in vastus lateralias(?)/outside of leg a bit above the knee until the next day or two when i feel it elsewhere. Am i doing something wrong or is this normal?

The delayed pain is normally still in my glutes and things i knew i should be working out.

Haven't tried any for a couple of years now, but some of the original popular ones such as Jack3d pretty much felt like being on amphetamines, including the crash you experienced afterwards. Very powerful stimulant.

So is that bad for you? I don't know. Nobody does, really, since these are designer drugs without any clinical trials. A few dudes died taking it, which is why it got taken off the market (probably mega dosed or preexisting condition though).
But who's to say whether the newer stuff is any better or worse?

Regardless, there has been some quite effective products. I loved the original Craze. Problem was though - all health risks aside - that it was so effective that I kind of became psychologically dependant on the stuff. You begin to feel like you can't have a proper workout without it.
Also, you build tolerance really quickly, so to maintain an effect you'll pretty much need to up the dose beyond what's probably reasonable.

Then of course there's the stuff without the crazy drugs. These are basically just overpriced caffeine with some fillers.

Wouldn't recommend any of it. Hydrate well and take pure caffeine as needed. Everything else is just a bad (and expensive) habit. That's my opinion anyway.

It's OK to cut in the sense that you can try to lose a bit of weight while rehabbing. But don't go crazy and deny your body vital nutrients. No stupid large energy deficits, and make sure to get adequate protein intake.

Also, most physios aren't qualified to council you on nutrition, unfortunately.

Thanks anons, very useful responses. The one I use is Mr Hyde which is crazy powerful. I'll try to avoid pre workouts once I finish my current I think. Thanks again

Boys i cought the flu. Im drinking tons of water and eating normally, but i feep really weak and dont wanna go to the gym until im better. Should i take protein shakes? How do i minimise muscle loss while sick?

As long as you don't starve yourself, it's unlikely that you'll lose any significant amount of muscle.
Just relax and focus on making a swift recovery.

You may find that your performance has gone to shit once you begin training again. But it shouldn't take long to get back on track. A couple of weeks max.

Pls r8
A: Squat 5x5, pull ups 4x6 (when I reach 4x8 I'll add weight), dips same as pull ups, incline curls, incline triceps extension

B: front squat 5x5, bent over row 5x5, ohp 5x5, hammer curls, some triceps I haven't decided yet, deadlift 3x5

3x/week alternating workouts

On 5x5 and deadlift the first 2 sets will be warmups. Also, bench or dips?

What exercises are acceptable replacement for free weight rows? I can no longer do them without irritating an injury

Do 5x5 Deadlifts too. Where's the Bench Press?

For any light injury, I'd go for a machine and light weight. Do it slow and carefully.

>I am not a doctor but I've had similar issues

Which machine tho, like I genuinely have no idea what machines do and there are like a dozen that say they work the back.

Pull-down machines, row-machines. Try around machines where you 'move your upper body' and see which ones feels good to use.

In most gyms, most machines have images on what body-parts the activate too!

I shouldn't have said 'move', as that could be interpreted for shoulder exercises etc, I mean more like 'pull'. Most back-exercises are pull-exercises.

It's and adaptation of Reg Park's routine, bc it has no triceps work. It recommends bench OR dips.

first day of starting strength done
>lifts in lbs you retarded euros
>squat 255 3x5
>press 115 3x5
>dl 320 3x5

what should i expect for wed? tried to practice power cleans on sat and they kill my wrists and feel very technical. what should i start at for weight on them?

looks dumb but also rip says 3x5 on deadlift is too much volume. don't you want to get thicc?

do you guys know any simple protein mugcake recipes? like 3 ingredients or some shit that tastes ok.

sometimes need some protein and I figure out some simple mugcake alongside my usual fruit would suffice

disregard this found it onecleverchef.com/3-ingredient-chocolate-protein-mug-cake/

>1 mashed banana
>1 scoop protons
>1 egg

seems fine to me, was thinking of adding some almond milk for moisture and cocoa powder since my protein is unflavoured but dunno the amounts

Pull ups brah.

Why are the most successful body builders and fitness models on Instagram rather than Youtube? Does IG pay more or something?

i was at the gym today worming up for my squats and i got an uncomfortable click in my left knee like somthing was popping out the left side. i changed my stance and it was ok but then i added more weight and it started again so i just skipped squats and went to deads. i got the popping feeling again but was alright finishing the set. do you guys have any idea what it is/ how to treat it. Also do you think i could go the gym tommorow im doing ss but i feel like i haven't worked myself that hard and since i only did DL and Bench. i just dont want my squat to go down.

What should I do then. Been doing Park's for a couple of months but it has no triceps work

how can i fit cavaliere crossovers into this routine? the exercise is for the upper and middle chest youtu.be/dCmY_HxrqWs?t=4m47s my chest looks like shit in those areas and i want to focus on them

I'm about to start a standard 3 day novice program and a bulk. Will rock climbing on Sunday kill my gainz? I'll be lifting on Monday Wednesday and Friday while I swim on Tuesday and Thursday

People that are friends with/ have foreign partners, how the fuck do you deal with the broken English conversations?
Like m trying to talk to a girl to get her comfortable but her lines consist of ‘yeah’ and ‘ah, yeh’

You can talk via text or online if she's struggling.

You can also use pictures if she doesn't know the word.

Try to get her to explain with whatever words she can (eg "the hands of the legs" for feet)

Also, make sure you actually get to know her. When her English improves she will be able to argue more, so be careful if you fall for the marriage meme. Don't fall for the marriage meme.

Thanks, I’ll give that a go

PS when she says only "yeah/ah yeah" it's often because she didn't understand what you said.

Yeah, I figured that was the case but I would sorta give up. Didn’t even think about the phone translate, I guess simple is best at first.

Try it some time.

"Hey bby, how about I take you out into the wilderness where you can't make a break for it and take you for a ride up Buttfuck Creek without a rubber dinghy?"

"Ah...yeah"

whats a respectable weight to do dumbbell lateral raises with? I have a pretty good ohp number but seriously feel like i'm lagging on lateral raise. Want to see if this is normal for everyone. I do 3x10

Is this good enough for dinner (all 3 servings)? There’s two days a week where I don’t have time to cook so I’ve been eating one of these once a week.

Kek, well I did try something similar
‘Can I take photo?’
‘Ah, yeah’
Pull out phone
‘Ah, no no’
Every time

Worth a shot.

Good luck lad.

What's the best routine for beginners/intermediates? Thought about U/L or some 3 day split.

I did home workouts for several months now but started to go to the gym now.

Cheers, I’ll use those trips to fuel my next attempt

Are weighted dips a good enough substitute for the bench press or should it strictly be treated as an assistance exercise?

So I`m doing PPL and going 6 days per week, for compounds im dong 5 x 5 and for accesories 3 x 12 , should I change or is fine

If I can do 10 pull ups with good form, does that mean I can also climb a rope?

Are any of the fat burners actually worth the money? or are they just snake oil and caffeine? I was thinking about getting on some for that extra boost pre-workout.

can someone suggest me a good 4 days/week workout routine? and how to tweak it when I'm bulking/cutting too

Is there a Veeky Forums recommended human scale and/or food scale? Or should I just buy the top-rated shit on amazon?

Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale Multifunction Food Scale with 30% Wider Platform 11lb 5kg, 3 GP Batteries Included (Stainless Steel) amazon.com/dp/B01HNSRYAK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_l9vjL9pBgPnNN

This is the food scale I use it's pretty good and for Human scales most digital scales are good enough, just don't expect to get an accurate body fat% read from ir

For body fat, are there any good home options besides just posting a pic on here? Like is it even worth buying calipers

My goal was to bench my body weight, and it seems to have happened sooner than I expected. I'd been stable 145 lb body weight who could barely lift 110 lbs, and after weight training since november I am now 155 lbs and close to lifting 160. I've been trying to gain weight for years so this seems promising. At first I could only lift 160 once, then the next week I could lift it twice, and so on.

I'm almost to the point of doing full sets but my shoulders hurt more and more, every time I lift I feel as though the full weight is right on the shoulder socket. I'm popping nsaids and doing rotator cuff workouts, but sadly I'm afraid to touch the bench. Please convince me I'm doing the right thing by skipping bench for a few weeks.

I mean you can buy a caliper but you might wanna ask someone else to clamp it for you. I heard those water scales are pretty accurate when it comes to body fat % so maybe you could just track your weight and once a month go check your body fat

>Please convince me I'm doing the right thing by skipping bench for a few weeks.
You sure are.
Shoulder pain is usually an overuse injury and a sign over increasing your workload too quickly.

But check your form too. If you bench like an idiot, you're not distributing forces very well across your body, and as a result won't be able to train the bench press much before you begin pissing off your shoulders.
Check out Alan Thrall's youtube vid on how to bench press. It's a quite safe technique.

380 cal times 3 is what you have, 1140 cals per day, which is less than 2000 cal maintenance level you use even if you sat on your ass all day.

>water scale

Hmmmm anyone have experience with this kind of thing being worth?

It's not recommended to do SS with Cardio, but I love it. I really don't good about myself if I don't do it on my rest days. Should I really stop? I'm not trying to get big, just here for muh aesthetics

I'll be trying it in a week or two I'll post in one of these threads when i get my numbers

lyle mcdonald's generic bulking routine
see the thread on it at his forum for tweaks

if training for looks or general strength, dips are a good substitute for bench
if training for powerlifting, dips are strictly an assistance exercise for bench

bodyfat% is a meme
go by how you look

I'm 185 and 6'1

I want to lose the fucking fat around my stomach.

I'm fucking retarded when it comes to cooking.

I'm thinking about buying fucking nutrisystem and mixing it with my lifting and protein and seeing what happens.

Is this a good idea or no?

Also can someone point me in the right direction of a cooking website where it teaches retarded people to cook?

how do i make myself shit? I feel backed up as fuck bros. Gimme some recipes for mad quick shits

I've decided to do some workout to get remotely into shape again, so I've done about 30 situps the day before yesterday, which was already enough to make my muscles sore the day after. Did another 10-15 yesterday and my muscles are still sore today. I could probably go through another dozen today if I wanted, but I'm not sure if that's the right way to approach it. I'd like to do some other stuff but push ups are hard without abs and back muscles and I ruptured my ligament 3 weeks ago, so I'd rather not stress my leg before it heals.

Are BCAAs worth investing in? Do they make the end result of a cut a whole lot better? As in more muscle preserved?

>As a general rule of thumb, muscles require a minimum of 36 hours to recover
You need 36 hours to recover from running?

Buy a laxative you ape. And then start eating fiber and drinking water on a regular basis.

I'm thinking about adding a tri assistance exercise to my routine
right now I do BP, press with two different rep scheme, weighted dips and skullcrushers /week
should I add more dips or some ripp tris extension?

Tricep rope pull down is the best way to get big arms

Do them to failure for best progress, slowly and carefully with light weights. You can also do them with one hand

not memeing, onions. Fry up an onion maybe with a bit of mushroom or zuchhini to make it more palatable. I always end up frying 500g of mushrooms with a whole onion, not wanting to waste it or save it, and get the shits everytime.

add chili powder, spices or curry powder for more of a chance.

Shitty coffee. I can drink fancy coffee house coffees and starbucks with no problems but if i go for some 711 coffee or any gas station i get the shits. bonus points if i get a flavored coffee from 7/11