My nearest gym is a planet fitness. Is it really that bad or do people just make a huge god damn deal about nothing?

My nearest gym is a planet fitness. Is it really that bad or do people just make a huge god damn deal about nothing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4
youtube.com/watch?v=Odg2K25sLGg
youtube.com/watch?v=hWpiZ2gA7cw
youtube.com/watch?v=GJdmLu18Vzk
youtu.be/Fx35XpiRH3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Curiosity bump. I'm unsure wether PF fuckery is purely meme or if there's some fact to it.

While it's not impossible to make gains there, there's a reason it has the reputation it has.

One of the reasons it's so hated is because they are corporately evil, they don't promote actual fitness, they encourage the "come here to work out twice a month so you can feel good about yourself" shit so that way people won't ever actually improve and will continue the feedback loop of paying to go there.

Free pizza, hardly any free weights, they literally shame you if you're pushing yourself.

If there's no other gym option then take it, but it's a last resort gym.

Machines, very few freeweights, old folk and the legendary lunk alarm. It's really bad

It’s not bad bro it’ll take you a while to get past 80lb dumbbells.
You don’t need squat racks to be Veeky Forums

>you don't need squat racks to be Veeky Forums

then technically you don't need to go to the gym to be Veeky Forums. just buy a cheap set of dumbbells and stay weak

>fell for the squat meme

this is the reason you want to stay away from planet fitness. people like this

my PF has 3 benches, not bench presses but benches that sit in the DB area. DBs go up to 50lb, the only barbell in the place is in the lone squat rack. Other than that there's about a dozen various machines and the rest is cardio equipment. I'm practically convinced PF has all the cardio machines hooked up to generate energy that they then sell to the power companies.

I bet you’re following a program too lmao

i bet you use random machines because you think its making you stronger

>squat
>PF meme

choose 1 OP

>lunk alarm
Wait, that's an actual thing?

I would only recommend 9pm-5am.
I am a Midnight lifter and its fantastic having a huge gym to yourself i usually have no idea where the staff is.

Staff is really laid back and friendly they say they have free personal trainers and tanning and massage chairs for black card members but i have never used it

youtube.com/watch?v=8eAj08nAFP4

youtube.com/watch?v=Odg2K25sLGg

but basically this yeah also they are hypocrites. they say its judgement free but they are judging you with their lunk alarms if you want to lift.

its not a gym. they say so themselves.
youtube.com/watch?v=hWpiZ2gA7cw

and this video just for keks.
planet fitness is for sjw

youtube.com/watch?v=GJdmLu18Vzk

what
the
fuck

I don’t recommend planet Fitness if you are a good tipper like I am.

That's some Grade-A advertisement, actually liked all of the ones that were targeted towards men
>HULK OUT WITH YOUR BULK OUT BRO
>You want big muscle?

youtu.be/Fx35XpiRH3M honestly Planet Fitness is not a bad gym if you are new to the fitness industry I would say a major negative is they don't have a bench press but a Smith machine also dumbbells only go up to 65 lb but if you need a 24 hour gym and something affordable I would do it

Holy shit it's not pure meme. I mean, sure, there IS such a thing as excessive grunting and dropping just to show off how much you picked up, but even these guys explicitly TRYING to set off the lunk alarm are barely over that line. It's kind of a given there will be SOME noise. Weights clank even if you're gentle, and if you're not grunting at least a little you're probably not putting in enough effort. This is actually worse than the asshole who doesn't re-rack his weights, because hey, at least I can do it for him. Nothing can be done to fix an entire gym culture founded on the idea of not only ACCEPTING averageness or mediocrity (which is fine), but PRAISING it (not fine). But if it's your only option, it's your only option.

PF is 4 min from my house, but the gym I go to is about 20 min away. I couldn’t deadlift, squat, or use any barbells at all at PF so I never went back... still have to cancel that membership tho #fuck

Planet fitness is OK. To lift. I see professional people there and fat hog people and every in between. But they don't have a lap pool, gymnasium, racket ball courts, team sports or sign ups, athlete appearances. But it is clean. And I've never seen a bunch of nude guys hanging out walking around with their junk everywhere in the locker room and felt like vomiting.

yeah it is that bad

What the fuck is gymtimidation?

I did some OC in a pf hate thread a long time back but i'll say at least the PF I went to at one point had 8 benches and the dumbbells went to 90 (and there were two sets of each up to 60).

Of course the brothers that were there are, by a pretty big margin, weight hoarders so good luck finding the 30's and 35's when you need them. I guess, in retrospect, it made you get stronger so they wouldn't take the weights you used over to some random machine.

Hope you enjoy the Smith machine senpai

Oh, plus, I've never seen a more concentrated gathering of basketball shorts and no-leg-day guys in my gym life.

Memes aside, these Ads are funny as hell.

Walking into a gym for the first time and being intimidated by people who have worked longer and harder than you because they look better than you.

Yes some people are that insecure.

What the fuck? I though it was fear of getting injured by barbells or something. How do these people walk on the streets or study in classes? There will always, most of the time, be someone better than you at anything.

Cool ads but they encourage weakness, safespaces and soyboyness. Soon it will only be machines and treadmills, then it becomes only treadmills, then you will be literally ordering pizza delivery from planet fitness with the treadmill happy meal

I do the same. At midnight there's usually only 1 person there besides the janitor. And some of their trainers are extremely fit and will help you out. I've been going pretty much every day for the past 3 months, the serious lifters come out at night, and good luck finding an affordable 24/7 gym as convenient as this. There's also plenty of hot girls there as well. Fat people don't bother anyone and mostly stay within their treadmill quarantine zone, I've also never seen them enforce dress codes or other rules at our gym.

It's really as bad as they say. I travel for work, ended up in a town that only had a PF and thought I'd check it out. The girl giving the tour was a massive cunt. She kept bringing up the judgment free zone but also kept speaking of people who actually lift in a condescending tone. Then she actually activated the lunk alarm to show me what they do when someone tries.

The planet fitness near me has pizza mondays and occasionally have donuts sitting at the table by the entrance
It's like they want people to just get caught in the cycle of endlessly ruining their gains so they keep their subscription

they get so fucking pissed and that alarm goes off when im trying my screech sprints. dont go if you actually want to get fit

No barbells and db goes up to 50lb

wtf is a lunk alarm

It's not that bad user, it's better than nothing.

Go in, sign up, refuse the tour ( It's all machines and Cardio, you don't need the tour ).
Just listen to music and workout. Besides there are a lot of Cardio bunnies who go to PF.

Long time planet fitness user.

Its a shitty gym, I only go there because its my only option at the moment.

Pros:
-Most people are fat, even the fit people are only just dudes who milked their noob gains. Feels great to be the strongest person in the gym.
-They have enough equipment to work out any area of the body... just probably not in the most ideal way
-lots of cardio bunnies, some are even good looking

Cons:
-They don't have the right equipment for anything, no squat rack, no bench. Angled smith machine is their universal solution to anyone who wants to powerlift. Their freeweights are pre-measured and end at 60 lbs.
-free junk food. They do this to torture fatties and keep them in a vicious cycle so they keep signed up. Free candies at the entrance, free pizza and bagels some time, they just leave it sitting out near the entrance so that people will touch it and get their greasy hands all over the machines
-its filled with niggers. Its a cheap gym, so cheap people come there. You'll have lots of monkeys with bad attitude hogging up machines, glaring at everything that moves and not cleaning up after themselves
-everything is always broken, and they usually only have 1 of each machine. Needed to do rows? Well, row machine is broken, tough luck pal. Maybe they'll fix it some time next week. They have a million treadmills though and heaven forbid one of them breaks down it is fixed in an afternoon

>Feels great to be the strongest person in the gym.
Never gonna make it

I went there for a year and just now canceled it fine people on fit just bitch cause of smith machines

Every pf is different. fit just likes to shit on it. not bad, you can make gains and a lot of buff dudes and qts in there

but that's literally part of the reason you go to the gym. I even felt that at first, but once you get over that and step put of your comfort zone, you can start making social gains at the gym.

>Go to weights area
>Stand next to nigger swinging around 30 lb dumbells
>Start curling 50lb dumbells with good form
>Nigger stops flailing around and stares at me
>Goes to rack and grabs 50 lb dumbells
>can't even do 1 rep
>leaves it on the floor and walks away

I'm making it

My town is packed with gyms, and they're almost all good. It's quite competitive.
There are even two well equipped fitness centers run by the city (indoor track above basketball courts, and equipment up the ass.. also sauna and pool.)
There is however a Planet Fitness opening soon.. They've been plastering ads and mailers across town.
I've considered checking it out for the lol's just to see how true the horror stories are.
If it's anything like the Curves that tried to exist here, it'll get btfo inside of three years.

i will never understand people who are intimidated by greater people instead of inspired by them

I used to go to one. Im not even going to go into the corporate marketing bla bla shit about it because I don't go to gyms for moral reasons

>no benches
>free weights max at like 60 dbs
>no power cages/squat racks
>no barbells

basically no compounds. All you can really do is curl, some shoulder exercises, and cardio. If you want to look better and have no other options, it's better than nothing. If you are taking lifting seriously and want to progress, don't do it

what moral reason is there to not go to a gym?

Pic related is all you need to know about Planet "Fitness"

>no supersetting
At least they have one thing right

even though its a meme gym, I think it depends on whose managing it. i knew the guy managing the one by me and it wasn't bad. For only 10 bucks, you got a gym open 24 hours, clean, and some decent looking women. Also there was two regular benches and an incline. Only thing really missing was a squat rack really. But in the end, its still a meme gym.

and that is why they have haes body acceptance crap to make them feel better...

never gonna make it

wtf no deadlifts or overhead press

>here are some weights, but you're not allowed to use them.

Texas?

Hahaha what the fuck. Why?

I go to planet fitness and power lift all the time. I don't think anyone ever enforces this rule or it is probably a local rule.

Its an alarm that goes off if you put any effort into your lifting, they don’t want any normies to be intimidated

man, i'm about to go to LA Fitness that's closer than PF that i'm going to after reading all this.

How to terminate membership at PF? I heard it's difficult to get out

It kinda makes sense
are you inspired if a gorilla is 5 feet away from you or scared as fuark
gorilla takes either reaction as a compliment obvs

FREE BULK FOOD

One morning I went to PF and found chalk on the smith bar. The late night shift is real lmao

How do you power lift with no squat rack or Olympic bars?

At least in my local PFs they have neither of these things

>its filled with niggers. Its a cheap gym, so cheap people come there. You'll have lots of monkeys with bad attitude hogging up machines, glaring at everything that moves and not cleaning up after themselves
really can't be understated

Is it bad that I would unironically love to work out at the initial gyms in the ads

I don't know why but this gif makes me deeply sad.

Smith machine for squats, bench and diddlies; dumbells for overhead press

I thought Smith machines weren't great to use for squats because you don't have to use your stabilizer muscles?

Yeah that's why planet fitness sucks. Its also at an incline so the balance is different.

My PF has 5 Smith machines so it's not that bad. You can still make it going to PF you just can't do dead lifts really.

At my PF there are always lunks grunting and moaning and dudes wearing jeans and boots. It really depends on the staff. One time this dude put all the plates you possibly could on the leg press then i got on top of it and he pressed me too. The gym was packed and no one said shit. It's only 10 dollaridoos a month and it's open 24/7 so it's great for a DYEL like me.

>nice muscle shirt bro
I would too, they seem encouraging

I basically go to the 2nd one aka a david barton gym... plays club music and purple lights.

hate certain blacks, fuck

stabilizer muscles are a meme
they are tiny and dont add anything to aesthetics
plus you really are using all the muscles to some extent on machines

Then how come squatting with a Smith machine feels much easier than doing so on the squat rack...?

My local pf has at least 10 benches dumbbells up to 75 smith machines(they suck but I switch my routin between dumbbells and smith)
Good variety of cable machine. Mines a chill location with me a decent amount of Veeky Forums dudes where they don’t care what your doing.
I can’t say all of them are the same but from my experience franchise locations are pretty chill.
For 10 a month and 24 hours you can’t go wrong. Any gym is better then no gym and for bodybuilding workouts they are not bad. If strength is your goal stay far away.

because you can't read :(

It sucks that most gyms, at least the ones around me, are like 50$ a month.
The life of a poorfag.
Even the closest planet fitness is like a 25 minute drive.

>there are people who are ahead of me, that's why I don't like gyms

Fucking disgusting

>tfw your gym has no large black men that yells at you while working out

Feels bad man

no ymca(s) near by?

Snatches are still acceptable, buddy buddy lunk alarmy

> that ad with the chick who goes to the gym where they have brawls to the death with bearded russian powerlifter

i would genuinely love to go to a gym like this

It's not bad. It really depends on the owner.

I live in NYC and I typically go to one in the ghetto, filled with black guys who are built like bodybuilders. The owner is a former professional powerlifter and is a franchise owner; he owns like 4 of them, two in NYC and two elsewhere.

He disabled the lunk alarm, has tons of free weights (ordered extra for the gym), has about three power racks, tons of machines, etc. It's a regular gym. As per the "guidelines" of PF, he has pizza mondays/bagel Tuesdays and shit, but doesn't enforce/advertise it. When/if people want it, he has his workers get the pizza from the back of the office and present it.

Lots of serious fit dudes go there. No problems as of yet.

WHY LIVE

why would someone just go on the internet and lie like this?

Bar is on a fixed path. Terrible for the back and shoulders.

why didn't he take some other franchise instead of planet fitness? I mean if it's not going to be like planet fitness in anyway why have their franchise.

>chad at 0:40

make sense

damn only 10$ a month

COMIC FUCKING SANS

Probably because the membership is cheap and he can rake in the cash from both the serious lifters and the resolution crowd.