Are (heavy) weighted dips a one way ticket to snap city?

Are (heavy) weighted dips a one way ticket to snap city?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternal_fracture
medhelp.org/posts/Exercise--Fitness/8-month-injury-ruining-my-life/show/1142241
patient.info/forums/discuss/sternum-fracture-from-dips-613817
steadyhealth.com/topics/sternum-fracture-after-heavy-dips
amazon.com/Harbinger-28900-Polypropylene-30-Inch-Steel/dp/B001P0S3XU/ref=sr_1_5?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1517282097&sr=1-5&keywords=weight belt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Definitely one wat ticket to fucked up rotator cuff

Thats because they go too low, you have to stop at 90°

still fucks your shoulders

dips are a shit exercise

this kills the elbows
you have to go lower

my solution to dips is do them on rings, don't lean forward as you would on chest bar dips as with rings, the chest activation is enough without leaning forward and leaning forward is what hurts the shoulder and rings are better because the instability causes crazy chest contractions and allows a more natural shoulder friendly ROM

Mostly depends on how you're built. If you feel pain while doing dips, stop doing them. It isn't necessary at all

been doing weighted dips 2-3x a week for more than 5 years. never had any joint injuries or pain. minor pec strain once but was back to 100% in 3 weeks.

dips are love, dips are life

fuck benching

Dips are fine, just stretch your chest and shoulders more

About a year ago I couldn't do one dip so I didn't try again until last week when I did 9 reps and my shoulder is still sore a week later.
I don't think it is worth risking fucking up your shoulder for something that can be trained in a safer way.

I do weighted gymnastic-ring dips. No injuries yet!

Hit +27.5 kg for a triple today!

I used to get shoulder pain when I started doing dips, now I don't at all

weak

I've got a damaged rotator cuff, and I still do dips. (non-weighted though) Doesn't really seem to bother me.

i got up to 40KG for 5 reps at 90KG bodyweight. didn't get any injuries

Everyone gotta start somewhere.

He's excited about it, he'll make it.

Dips are a nothing exercise for curl bros to weak to bench.

Interesting. My father said that dips and curls fuck you up because they overload the bicep/tricep at the expense of the shoulder. Said gymnastics guys never get these injuries doing rings.

>Based dadscience

Always correct, even if it's technically not.

Unlike it's retarded nephews mom- and broscience.

Why not on rings tho?

yes. sooner or later you're heading towards a fucked up rotator cuff or a cracked sternum

Holy fuck how gay is this thread like oh my god can you faggot possibly felch another load out of each others queer bums you look so full omg :^O

>Cracked sternum?

just do it after your shoulders are warmed up and dont ego lift

I am a gymnast, I do all kinds of dips on rings, p-bars, single bar. I think the key to doing them safely is to have good mobility and to progress from deep pushups to dips. I progressed like this and I have never had any problems from them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternal_fracture

medhelp.org/posts/Exercise--Fitness/8-month-injury-ruining-my-life/show/1142241
patient.info/forums/discuss/sternum-fracture-from-dips-613817
steadyhealth.com/topics/sternum-fracture-after-heavy-dips

this
also remember to flex your lats and keep your shoulders depressed

>instability is better for the shoulders

I have a hard time believing this.

Dips are ok but weighted dips put unnatural and unparalleled stress on your labrum and overall shoulder.This plus the potential sternum injury of course

t.double posterior luxation of right shoulders,had lots of PT and talks with physicians,surgeons and sports experts.

Curl bros almost always bench. Its the only compound they regularly do.

dipping +30kg for 3x10 with a bodyweight of 97kg
not even once did my shoulder hurt, despite going below parallel
it all depends on your flexibility

Ive been doing
10x5 1 plate dips and sometimes
5x5 2 plate dips i go below 90% and ive been doing it a year and half. No shoulder injuries.

check'd
trips of truth, dips are awesome

God I'd let her fuck me if we were related. She'd be such a dom too, my face would reek of her stale asshole and salty piss

Dips are a shit exercise and by far the most dangerous one

>do dips wrong
>shoulder injury
>do bench wrong
>die

Dip is what fucked my elbow joint up, some people are alright with it but some aren't. It's not really worth taking a chance with dips. There are other workout that you can do that does the same shit and is much better on your joint

I also do them on rings, very controled. I used to get pain in my elbows and shoulders when doing bar dips. I have never had pain with the rings.
My rings are the best money I've spent dollar for dollar.

>leaving it to Veeky Forums for exercise advice
This entire thread has my sides in orbit. You are more likely to snap your shit up doing curls on an ez bar faggots. If you actually worked your chest and protip:
>shoulders
then dips are by far the best exercise for both your tris and lower head of the pectorals

No, not being on my little dick is what fucked your shoulder joint

>make the best exercise with no proper technique
>fuck yourselve
>blame the exercise

being alive is a one way ticket to snap city

GO BELLOW OR ABOVE PARALLEL?!!?

I keep seeing conflicting advice saying never go bellow parallel and some saying that you have to go bellow parallel.

I go below on rings, no problems.

If you're not a manlet/have long arms, do NOT do dips!

Do you feel pain or discomfort in your shoulder when you dip below parallel? If so, stop going below parallel. Better yet, replace dips altogether for a more shoulder friendly exercise.

not necessarily, but sometimes and for some people, so b careful and consider taking it relatively easy on dips

It’s a troll. You would absolutely tear your shit up if you did dips with rings.

you probably stop a parallel squats too, dont you.

Weighted dips for 4 years here. No major problems. Some minor sternum pain the first 6 months since I wasn't bracing my core that's about it though.

I like how you added the lil dick part lol

I could add it to you too if you want

The benefit of rings (vs a stable dip station) is that your body can move the rings to a comfortable and natural position, in addition to building up your stabilizers better.

I like heavy seated dips on the 'ol dippery doo machine. You can set the seat so you don't go much lower than 90, and you lift clearly defined amounts that don't rely on fluctuating body weight

They're a good (but not essential) chest and tricep exercise.

Why is this fucking rocketscience to you guys? If it hurts your shoulders then don't do them.

you're supposed to be able to control the movement. granted if you can't it's not safe. dips are a more advanced movement afterall and rings even further.

dips are literally one of the best exercises for you. squat of the upper body.

BUT

there is actually a genetic factor where some people don't have the shoulder genes for them. some people literally should not do dips. i do dips at least 2x a week.

dips are a good accessory to bench though

Been doing weighted dips since forever,never felt any pain

>to weak to bench
are you stupid? it requires more strength to do a bodyweight dip than to bench the bar.

kys virgin

>my solution to dips is do the most dangerous, unnecessary version of them

Posts like this are as bad as those "do this cool ninja wrist stretch" troll infographics and they should be banned.

nigger

Nice

For real, bunch of weak cucks up here.

I didn't start doing dips until I got stuck just above a Bodyweight bench press. Up to 70lb added on dips and haven't felt the slightest tinge of pain.

>being this wrong and retarded

Thanks

good thing you stopped

Gymnasts do absolutely insane variations of dips and they all have extremely strong, healthy and mobile shoulders. If you have good mobility and do plenty of pulling external roatations you will be fine. If you're like most retards on here who cant even get their arms over head pretty much any exercise will fuck your shit up.

Yes.
No one except easily manipulated dumbfucks and people who want to show off do them for any length of time.

Its on par with doing weight pullups/chinups but not being able to do one arm pullups/chinups or more then 25 pullupschinups in a row.
A waste of time and masturbatory idiocy.

>25 pullupschinups
enjoy your endurance gains lmao faggot

>extending elbows against 80 kg takes more strength than extending elbows against 20 kg
Next up you'll tell us that a 4pl8 squat takes more strength than a 1pl8 squat.

yeah my point is that it makes more sense for a weakling to bench than to do dips.

xD

>tfw 99% of Veeky Forums is like this
holy fuck who you're taking advice from
also dips are fucking great , guaranteed accesory to increase your bench

you're retarded. weight pull ups are one of the best exercises for wide back, and there is no need to get up to 25 pull ups unless you want to ace a military test.

kys faggot

amazon.com/Harbinger-28900-Polypropylene-30-Inch-Steel/dp/B001P0S3XU/ref=sr_1_5?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1517282097&sr=1-5&keywords=weight belt

Is this good for weighted dips? My gym doesn't have any weight belts.

This is now a dadscience thread

You'll never ever find a single natural person who has a wide back from doing only a handful of weighted pullups 2-3 times a week.

Lats respond best to moderately high rep heavy weight.
And if you can't do 25 fucking pullups or chinups and lionize the very concept of weighted chinup and pullups then turn in your mancard faggot.

This, so much this. Dont just sag your shoulders into the dip. Otherwise your just grinding your rotator cuff to dust on your clavicular ridge.

>If you're like most retards on here who cant even get their arms over head pretty much any exercise will fuck your shit up.

fucking kek

>rings are safer than bars
Do. Not. Lie. Some idiot will believe you and tear his shoulder. The blood will be on your hands.

Gymnasts do that, yes, while performing acrobatics that are dangerous. It's a risky sport just like racing is a risky sport.

You're recommending rings to people who, by your own admission, you don't believe are strong enough to rigidly maintain their arm position while using them. This is a troll post and you want people to hurt themselves. If you recommend doing weighted dips on rings, I'll report your posts. Knock it off.

rings actually are better for shoulder health. the stability requirements require greater shoulder stabilization which in turn leads to a more stable shoulder joint. and because the movement allows a natural ROM it's easier to perform safely.

Okay guys gather round, I fell for this meme. I had been doing weighted dips for about a year, no issues. I went from bodyweight to 45lbs to 90lbs to 135lbs and then one day my sternum cracked. It was the strangest pain, I felt like I couldn't breathe easily and something was very wrong. I sat down for 30 minutes and was in a lot of pain, I went to the ER later that night where they took x-rays of my chest showing a complete dislocation of two of my ribs. It has been 2 years since and I still have sternum pain from time to time doing exercises and even just sneezing. I fucked up, be careful, don't be me.

You no dipping faggots. Do you guys even lift?

It's not inherently trolling. I spent a few months just building up to one dip on gymanstics rings, no weight. Then gradually up to 3 sets of 5. Only when I could do that easily did I add weights.

i used to do weighted dips quite heavy and never got injured. Never went too deep on them, leaned forward properly, tried to keep shoulders back and down

now I only do unweighted dips though because I don't want to risk the injury and I have bench as my heavy compound for chest/push day anyway

lol
I do 3x5 with +40kg (2plate) I weigh 80kg. And I could lift much more if it wasn't for my lack of money to eat right, depression and anxiety at gym.

Good for you man, but why bring a brother down?

You don't want free ROM during a dip. You want a fixed, limited ROM that won't change on you as you fatigue. The bars take care of that for you where rings require you to do it yourself under a load. You can use rings safely, but they're not safer. You're deluded. You're basically arguing that squats are safer to perform on ice because the slick surface allows your feet to freely assume a more natural ROM. It's insanity.

>weighted ring dips
You deserve whatever happens to you. I hope the gym is empty when it happens so you can't get help.

so you can add a lot of weight because you're a twink, so what?

>You want a fixed, limited ROM that won't change on you as you fatigue
No, you do not. Everyone is built differently and the distance between bars can be too wide. Furthermore you may find a straight path less natural than being able to push your hands inward as you push yourself upward or just being able to move your hands in closer to your body. As well you may find a more neutral/pronated/supinated grip more comfortable on your shoulders all three of which can be used through ROM on rings but not on bars
>You're basically arguing that squats are safer to perform on ice because the slick surface allows your feet to freely assume a more natural ROM
Apples to oranges.

I did it perfectly, I watched my depth and arm angle in the mirror, and still got shoulder pain with just fifty added pounds. YMMV