QTDDTOT: Wasn't one on here and I have a dumb question to ask edition

> QTDDTOT: Wasn't one on here and I have a dumb question to ask edition.

Don't let a thread die for your stupid questions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dCmY_HxrqWs?t=5m28s)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are body fat scales a meme? How accurate are they? Is there a reasonable margin of error? I've been looking at this one for a while as Igor has a 60% of coupon code.

General cutting tips plz

So instead of fucking winging in the gym like I have been for a year and a half, I plan on actually doing a routine. If I do Madcow 5x5 would I be able to add in a few accessory lifts to train certain parts of my body? Maxes are decent, but I want them to grow.

I'm starting a basic novice 3 day program with weekends Tuesdays and Thursdays off. Will rock climbing on Sundays kill my gainz?

Literally just eat less and eat a lot of salad. Two-four ounces of meat is a lot and spinach is fucking nothing so thats a great lunch. Also chicken wings without skin are easy to make and pretty tasty

I know my scale isn't too accurate for body fat but It could just be my brand

I mean eat less food would be a good place to start.

If cravings are a problem, I found eating nothing but lean protein for a week worked well to start (and a tbsp of oat bran so you still poop). You literally cannot eat at a caloric surplus if you only eat lean protein.

After that add in veggies, and you'll be good to go for a while. I transitioned into fasting too kind of by accident.

Lost 20 pounds in a month that way, with no strength loss.

i was at the gym today worming up for my squats and i got an uncomfortable click in my left knee like somthing was popping out the left side. i changed my stance and it was ok but then i added more weight and it started again so i just skipped squats and went to deads. i got the popping feeling again but was alright finishing the set. do you guys have any idea what it is/ how to treat it. Also do you think i could go the gym tommorow im doing ss but i feel like i haven't worked myself that hard and since i only did DL and Bench. i just dont want my squat to go down.

Probiotics suggestions? I've recently switched to a bulking diet and my gut does not like it. I'm eating tons of healthy/clean carbs and proteins and getting rewarded with diarrhea and general discomfort

Is it accurate "to itself" though? Like it may be off by a few % but consistent in telling me if I go down or up?

I feel like every scale is like that. The scale I have at home and the scale at the gym always give me different readings.

Yogurt

Is there a good Testosterone boosting supplement that isn't illegal? Like Super Male Vitality or something?

Plain Yogurt is great. And if you can find it pickles or saurkraut with active cultures is great too (if they are on the shelf at the store there are no live cultures, check in the refrigerated section and read labels).

Acidophilus is a bit of a shill. They say "billions of cultures" which is true, but they aren't necessarily ones that are particularly helpful. They are just ones that are easy to produce in a lab/factory setting. We have a ways to go before supplements will be actually helpful for that.

Extremely unreliable. Avoid.

Just eat less. Seriously, this may sound like dumb advice but it's actually a way better approach than just about everything else. Literally do your cut by quite simply not taking that extra serving you normally do. Easy as shit.

Bonus tips: weigh yourself daily. What gets measured, gets managed. The simple act of weighing yourself often will help keep the goal clear in your mind, and help you not make all those stupid choices that can derail you.

Take little diet breaks. Go for 2-3 weeks of dieting at a time. Possibly longer if you have tons to lose. Then just maintain for a week. It's so much easier psychologically, and your body seems to respond better to the deficit when it's reintroduced.

Sure, just don't overdo it.

>Will rock climbing on Sundays kill my gainz?
Probably not.

No. Those few that do kind of "work" only help in the sense that they may bring you back up to regular levels. But eating properly and not being stressed the fuck out should take care of that.

Mine always gives me the same reading but it is really under cutting my body fat. If the scale you get is off consistently I guess you could go get it tastes at one of those water scales and then use yours to track it.

I have no way of knowing if it actually boosts my test, but Fusion Bodybuildings Zues 2.0 feels like it works (it seems to help gains), and it gives me huge loads, which is always a bonus.

It's probably a meme though.

Does it hurt? I'm going through something similar but my left knee just hurts mostly when I walk/squat and feels like it's swollen

Tips for mobility in squats? I always get below parallel but I would love to get a full range of motion.

Closest thing to magic is to perform core work before your squats.
The exercises should be exercises where you attempt to prevent movement rather than cause it. For example anti-extension drills such as deadbugs or roll-outs or RKC planks, and anti-rotation drills such as bird-dogs. Side bridges are great too.

Exercises such as these help increase stiffness around your spine (if it's a weakpoint for you) and will unlock your hips like magic.

What's worse, eating junk food regularly and working out or barely eatinganything, but when you do eat it's stuff like pasta, steak etc and working out?

You seem confused about the basics. Read the sticky.

I was mainly just looking to put in like three sets of things like front squats, weighted pull ups, weighted dips, shrugs, and maybe some arm accessories. I won't be doing all of these in a single training session, just spreading them through the three days I'll be lifting. I reckon I should just do them in moderation and see how my body takes it.

Also, since my back is garbage would you suggest using a hex bar for diddylifts or should I just train my core harder for more stability? I can handle medium weights like 225LB-315LBs, but beyond that I risk getting a knot in my back.

Is it possible to build muscle just from like 2 days of eating in caloric excess? I've been cutting for a while and ate big this weekend because of friends and now I feel like my pecs grew. Does that happen or am I retarded

Is it possible to be natty and achieve this physique? If not, how close from it can I get?

Yes, in fact he's not that big.

You were probably glycogen deprived from cutting and temporarily regained some fullness in your muscles.

Greyskull LP but:

>dips instead of bench
>pull ups instead of rows

Pros and cons of this? Personally prefer the two exercises and they hit largely the same muscle groups, rows/pull ups to a lesser extent.

How does one summon cheeky?

Does garlic improve my gains?

This would be achievable for the one day you switch from cutting to 8% body fat and loaded up on carbs.

Should I mix bodyweight and calisthenics or do it on seperate days?

When making your own routine, should you do 2 exercises per muscle group?

Started taking multivitamins, magnesium and zinc, but what bothers me is that each of them contains Vitamin C in huge quantities, so I get ~575% daily value of vitamin C, are there any risks from taking these every day? Should I get pure magnesium and zinc pills?

Is this a good clean bulk plan (153lbs)
Breakfast
Protein drink - 120cal
1.5 cup of fiber one cereal - 180cal
1.5 cup cheerieos - 150cal
2 cup almond milk - 80cal
4 boiled eggs - 280cal
1 protein bar - 170cal
Total: 980cal

Lunch
1lb 93% lean ground turkey - 600cal
4 sasuage patties - 300cal
3 strips turkey bacon - 75cal
½ cup of parmesan cheese - 220cal
mushrooms - 45cal
Zucchini and squash - 65cal
asparagus - 125cal
Total: 1475cal

TDI: 2430cal

Should I burn fat or gain muscle first?
Most importantly, should I keep training in muscles or do calisthenics and cardio instead?

Asking because I bought a gym membership that I'd rather not waste.

About to start IF (4 hours on/20 off) and just wondering about artificial sweeteners?

I was hoping to chew some gum with sorbitol to help with cravings - will this ruin a fasted state?

I think have a prostate problem, but it only hurts when I fap. How do I diagnose?

What's the best stretch for chest ?

If you're overweight you'll benefit best with the combination of strength training and cardiovascular exercise.
So with you being a beginner, the doctors' recommendation would be.
Starting strength AS INSTRUCTED IN THE BOOK three times a week.
High intensity interval training 30 minutes 3 times a week. Preferred methods of interval training; Hill sprints, Erg-rowing, tabata-circuits, swimming, stationary biking.

Please rate my cutting diet:

>Breakfast
2 eggs
2 links turkey sausage
1 cup 2% milk
Whey 2 scoops
6 tablespoons liquid egg whites
Powdered peanut butter
1 slice wheat toast
1 tablespoon ketchup multivitamin
>Total: 875 calories, 101g protein

>Lunch
1 cup 2% milk
1 scoop whey
6 tablespoons liquid egg whites
Powdered peanut butter
1 apple
>Total: 395 calories, 48g protein

>Dinner
1 4oz chicken breast
1/2 cooked white rice
1 cup broccoli
>Total: 460 calories, 34g protein

>Desert
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
>Total: 160 calories, 14g protein

Total for the day: 1890 calories, 197g protein

Is that Tohsaka?

You don't, a doctor does.

What are your guys thoughts on Candito Linear Progression Program for advanced novice/early intermediate?

I'm plateauing hard on Stronglifts on my squats and bench and decide to do Candito for few weeks. Do you think it is appropriate for me? Note I meant his linear program and NOT his six week strength program cause I feel I'm not at that level yet.

My stats are for 5 reps:
Squat: 275
Bench: 220
Diddly: 385 (Never stalled once)

The reason why I like Candito is his control days where you do long paused bench, squats and deadlifts. I feel these kind of dynamic effort may propel me forward for awhile while still honing technique. Candito's program ask for a weekly progression (or even two weeks according to the spreadsheet) rather than workout to workout, which I see as a more intermediate program. What do you think or should I go to a purely intermediate program.

You're stuffing yourself with that low calorie density food. I'd recommend having a mash of some sort at lunch or dinner. I myself like to make a mash out of sweet potato, carrot, cauliflower and add frozen chopped spinach to that, load that with heavy cream and you've got all your veggies in one, easy-digest package. And don't try to protein everything. The turkey alone fills out your daily protein needs, and the rest food will double that. No need to extruded cardboard-bars down your gullet on top of that.

After bench pressing, put your arms under the safeties and stretch out your pecs. If you're at home, try to walk out of a doorway with your arms extended to your sides
Vitamin C is water soluble, You'll piss out the surplus. Some people (TYVD) even recommend megadosing on that shit for some reasons.

I would replace the milk calories with cottage cheese calories, casein, and eat less in AM more for PM for better sleep

i'm doing the following routine AxBxA and BxAxB

A
DB Bench Press
Squats
Barbell Rows
Hammer Curls

B
Military Rows
Romanian Deadlifts
Lateral raises
Close-grip Bench Press

i want to add Cavaliere Crossovers ( youtu.be/dCmY_HxrqWs?t=5m28s) to my A day to better my middle and upper chest, because it's lacking in those areas, but my autism is giving second thoughts...
so how can i insert them into the workout without disturbing its overall structure?
was thinking of an one arm db chest press + cavaliere crossover superset, what do ya think?

I can't into doctors right now. Besides the last time I went to one with pelvic floor pain he said it was nothing and I had to walk around in pain for a year.

What would you recommend as a replacement for the bar? Something more carb or fat heavy

What about stretching before bench pressing? should I do the shoulder stretches?

Okay, intermittent fasting is going okay but, question to see if im doing it RIGHT.

Ive been going 16hr (includes my 8 hr sleep) Eating no more than 500-600 calories in an 8 hr, then going 16hr, before resuming regular eating and working out.

Dropped 4lb in 3 weeks, 5 (15 total) of those days eating to bulk and 1 (3x) rest days at maintain.

Am I doing it right? Is there a better method? I still GET gains but its slower.

If I do the maintaining diet in the sticky at 220 lbs, plus strength workouts. I would expect my body fat % to decrease and muscle mass to increase right?

How dumb is it to use PF until I'm "big" enough for a real gym? I have serious anxiety and don't want to be a dyel at the big bois table.
2 months in, but really want to start up my real progress.

How many chin ups should I be able to do before I start adding weight? I can do 3x6 or 9 max in a set. When I start trying to add weight above 10lbs I can barely hit 5 by the second set

Fucking hell I'm trying to stretch but I get so bad cramps I can't. First I stretched my hamstring but my rectus abdominis cramped, first time ever fucking ab cramp, and it hurt so fucking much and cramped for about 15 secs perhaps. Then when it stopped and the pain went away, I tried to stretch my quads and my hamstring started cramping a bit, at which point I stood up to hold my hamstring at which point my ab started to cramp again.

I took a cold shower half an hour ago. Perhaps that has something to do with it because I tend to get cramps in cold (especially on my feet on a cold floor without shoes). I need to stretch my hips especially to not get hip pain when squatting.

Also I just remembered I got a feet cramp a week ago when deadlifting. I'm cutting but I should be getting enough nutrients. Perhaps I should take magnesium tho? What kind of magnesium I should take?

I'd drop it and have bit more of say, cereal at breakfast. Bulking is protein sparing. You only need the ultra-high protein when cutting. Are you avoiding milk for a particular reason?
My breakfast at similar foodstuffs would be
1 scoop of whey in 350ml of whole milk
~315 kcal
All the cereal you're having, in 250 ml of whole milk
~490 kcal
4 boiled eggs
~220 kcal

No static stretches before lifting, they reduce peak muscle contracting ability. In my programming, I always have some type of rowing movement before bench pressing to prime the stabilizers, especially the rotator cuffs. That way I'm good to go for benching. Then I warm up by gradually increasing the weight on bench. There's really no need to stretch in the gym. Are you having pains or trouble in the range of motion in bench?

hey Veeky Forums i'm scared of doing barbell shit

looked through the wiki and decided i wanted to try out starting strength - i've been watching a lot of youtube videos on form and shit and trying to practice but for the most part never done this shit before, don't want to fuck it up and not do the exercises right/look like an asshole

should i just suck it up and go or try to grab someone who's done this before?
thanks in advance lads

I recently bought an expensive bottle (50 bucks for 30 pills) at the recommendation of my Dr. I had to take heavy duty anti-biotic. It was great, worth the money. Most of my life I have had loose craps, after the probiotics my guts are better than ever. 10/10
Found them in a refrigerated display case in the pharmacy at a store similar to Wal-Mart.

Work with the bar only, afraid to look like an asshole? You won't, remember you're here to improve yourself, eventually after the first week or so, everything will move slowly. If you're really that scared just work on form barbell only for 10-15 mins on the primary lifts, Bench, Squats (deadlift you need pl8s) then do some machine or dumbells until you build your confidence. I sure did not do this method, I straight squated 1pl8 first time in the gym ever.

As for hiring PT? Don't do it, waste of money. Asking someone? Most people would not like you to disturb them. Just watch videos and practice them. Hell you can do everyday and just work on the bar for your form if you're really that scared.

What kind of cardio should I do today?
100 Burpees and core exercises or 5k run. Or burpees and 1 mile run?

Most of the barbell-exercises are atleast to some degree, self-correcting. And you'll build self-awareness through the course of repetitions upon repetitions. And even if you had perfect technique the first time you're still going to look like a retard doing several sets of empty-bar benching and squatting lmao. It's part of the progress.

What do you think of this routine? is it good for cutting? how would you change it?

ULxULxx

U:

Bench/OHP 3x5
OHP/Bench 3x8-12
Inclined Bench 3x8-12
Chinups 3x8-12
Chest supported Row 3x8-12
Facepulls 4x10-15
Curl 4x8-12

L:

Squat/Deadlift 3x5
Romanian Deadlift/Squat variation 3x8-12
Leg Press 3x8-12
Leg Curls 3x8-12
Calf Exercise 5x8-12

Abs worked usually on leg day

When I watch other people do front squats they come up fast, like the second part of the motion is one fluid movement. When I do them find myself pushing with every ounce of strength on the way up. I'm still completing reps though.

I can't understand why you are only eating 500 calories during your window. If you are trying to cut you will not have enough energy to lift aggresively, and will lose a lot of lean mass. Even 500 below maintanence would be much better.
>t. IF for a year here.

thanks hot boys, will get out there

Is it bad for me if I don't rest between sets but just sip small amounts of water occasionally?

Should I EZ Bar curl with the inside grip or outside grip? What are the merits of each grip?

I don't have any problem at all with the range of motion, it's just that i want to prevent injuries or tight muscles.

Gonna stretch after bench pressing then!, is there a problem if I only stretch the days i work the chest and not 3-4 times per week?

wait sike sorry here's your (You)

Before starting to add weights I'd recommend being able to do at least 13 chinups to failure

You should add enough weight that you can do 3-5 reps for 3-5 sets. Add reps until you can do x sets of 7, then add weight.
That's what I do, and am progressing quickly. I started able to,do same number of reps as you without weight,

Drink fucking water. Lots of it. Not before your workout tho.

Ankle weights and wrist weights

Also, take long rests between sets (2 mins plus) best of luck.

Suck dicks. AMRAP.

If I take trt for a year what can I expect when I come off?

Your period.

What snake juice recipe do you guys use?

How much do you drink each day, and how often?

I have a miniature exercise bike under my desk at work that I use to burn some additional calories throughout the day. It has a webpage that you use to calculate burned calories, which I have always taken with a pretty heavy grain of salt, but I was wondering if, generally speaking, if the caloric use would remain roughly the same if, say, I rode 20 miles in one session vs 20 miles spread throughout an 8 hour shift, assuming that speed and resistance remained the same and I don't really get my heartbeat significantly elevated either way.

What's the cheapest way to buy chewing gum?

What to do jaw gains.

PRETTY sure I have tendonitis in both my forearms and my deltoids brehs. I say pretty sure because although I haven't been to a doctor, I used to train swimming 6 days a week for competition and I got tendonitis from it in highs school, and this feels similar.

Do I continue to lift regardless, or take some time off?

100% take time off. you can continue swimming with tendonitis because it wont cause stress fractures.

lifting with tendonitis over an extended period of time, say a couple of months, will 100% give you stress fractures, and then you'll be laid up for 6 months. trust me, take a few weeks off, and hit some cardio for a while. training through tendonitis on any sport other than swimming is fucking idiotic.

you really do not want stress fractures in your forearms and delts.

Chew tobacco instead

Like everything else, in bulk. Also don't take up chew. It's degenerate

Why do people recommend strength reps for beginners instead of size reps?

>Work wagecuck job all day 3 days a week and full time student
>Can only work out the other 3, and a 4th day on the weekend

I wanna do PPL but it's not often enough to really make solid progress. Can anyone point out a solid routine I can pick up 4 days a week? I was thinking PPL and on the 4th day full body with emphasis on cardio but I'm not sure if it's wise.

5 reps is a good balance of both strength and size. If you want you could do 6

hey guys i'm noticeably thin on my crown and general top of the head (noticeable by me, i started out thick as hell so people aren't "suspecting" anything yet), the swirl on the crown is pretty damn thin though

anyways my question is; is it certain that this kind of thinning will result in complete baldness? my dad has always been a bit thinner on the top, but he doesn't have thinning in the swirl to the same degree i do

Use noob gains for strength, once they are done you should be strong enough to lift weights for meaningful hypertrophy. Light weights will only get you so big.

I'm back for a minute: Which book?
Or is it the sticky?
Either way, I felt this was the answer. I've been bicep curling 30 lbs every time I went to the gym, it's not impressive, but it helps me lift more things.
Thanks, will be back soon for more advice.

What if a 2pl8 bench is considered light weights to me, does that mean I won't get big?

How can you tell if you should stop doing a routine and move on to something else? I have been doing scooby's int. home workout for ~4 months (added 6 or so sets to all days though). I am still seeing some progress but obviously much slower.

No, but the question was why tell beginners to work strength first. Desu I've never seen someone walk into a gym and bench 225 on day 1.

the book that focuses the most on form instruction of the lifts is called "starting strength"
the book that focuses the most on learning about programming routines is called "practical programming for strength training" and you want the third edition.
they're occasionally found in pirate versions on sites like volafile dot org /r/fit which was started by seven chan's Veeky Forums community

lyle mcdonald's generic bulking routine, see his forum for a stickied thread, it's a 4x/week upper/lower split

it's easier for a beginner to make a set of 5 reps with good form, than it is for a beginner to make a set of 10-15 reps with good form, and part of a beginner program is learning good form.

Thought almond milk would be healthier. Also super grateful for the advice.

There is that thing that people say, when you do cardio such as walking, if you do it for 30 minutes after working out, you burn calories all the 30 minutes, but if you go straight to walking, you need to walk 'certain' amount to actually start burning calories. Is this legit? If so, how much time should it take to start burning calories?

provided you're lactose tolerant, real cow milk is better than almond "milk" in every single way
almond milk has only ONE gram of protein per 8-oz glass. ONE GRAM.
real milk has more calcium, more potassium, and less sodium than almond milk.
if you're worried about calories, skim milk has 90 per glass vs 60 for almond "milk" and almost all of the extra calories are due to the extra protein that milk has.
if you're bulking, drink full-fat milk (3.5%) and enjoy.

Drink water, eat electrolytes, don't push yourself too hard at first if you cramp, foam roll(you might feel like crying the first few times, but the pain will go away as muscles get looser

whoa, our bodies will magically move themselves through space without expending any energy if we just go straight to walking instead of walking after lifting?
say it ain't so!
/sarc
it's not legit

expressed myself badly. not calories, fat.

>When you perform cardio exercise or any other physical activity, your body needs to burn calories for energy. These calories may come from a variety of sources, including glycogen -- a form of sugar stored in your muscle tissues -- body fat or even muscle protein. When you begin your workout, your body primarily uses energy from glycogen stores. After about 20 minutes, it starts to use more stored fat than glycogen. Therefore, you'll typically burn the most fat during cardio sessions that last longer than 20 minutes.

i have 4 rest days and today is one of them, i don't feel like resting, can i go to gym today without ruining progress? if so what can i do? i did day 1 of week A last night