Bought one of these, could only do like one rep and have mega doms today...

bought one of these, could only do like one rep and have mega doms today. Question: have i fucked up by not training abs ever? is compound movements not enough to develop good strong abs?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/502115-does-the-ab-roller-actually-work/
youtu.be/MZl2fZUTlaw?t=5m22s
youtube.com/watch?v=3vfTLXQUZeI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> is compound movements not enough to develop good strong abs?

>Falling for the meme

I realized I have never trained abs either. All the ab movements I did as a kid I probably only used my hip flexors.

I only just started two weeks ago and have been hitting 3x10. Work your way up. I've been doing chinups/pushups/planks for the last few months so I think that's helped me a bit with it.

Supposed to be a good workout tool though, nearly everything I could find about ab rollers on the net was positive. Keep at it bro.

you should train abs, but it's not necessary if you do compounds. I rarely give myself the time. But if you can be arsed then go for it.

>could only do like one rep and have mega doms today

what the fuck, how weak can you get.

I love the ab roller. It trains your:
lats, rear deltoids, abs (upper, lower as well as hip flexors), triceps. And that's just from the standard on the knee position. You just gotta shut off one muscle group and another takes over. Not sure what I need to do to be able to do the standing ones - probably be less of a fatass.

>Question: have i fucked up by not training abs ever?
yes.

I can't do a single proper roll. Feels bad, man.
Can plank for only 3 minutes maximum before collapsing. Who else here /corelet/?

been trying to hit these for the past week but the entire mat section is COMPLETELY full of old fuckers doing gay looking stretches or chicks doing bullshit meme exercises they could be doing at home

trying to do leg lifts instead but i fucking suck at them and by the third set i’m barely lifting my knees

This is a really advanced work out tool fag. Its like going for 225 bench 5x5 on your first day at the gym

Thats complete bullshit dude. Compound movements are not enough to get ab development. Move your lazy ass and do some rollouts. Plus you should curl, do tricep skullcrushers, face pulls, etc. Don't be so lazy you fatso.

To be perfectly autistic, ab wheel is a compound movement. Shoulders and hips are both involved.

If this is true you're cheating yourself on planks somehow. Try doing them with elbows underneath your forehead, that'll force you to engage your lower abs more.

Not auttisic that's what makes it so good. Compounds win again.

3 minute plank is useless. Just do one of the advanced versions with higher intensity for instance put your hands further away from the body.

this is the most autistic post i've ever read

Correct, make sure you roll left and right

OP, I did the same thing. Just wait for the doms to go away and try again. You'll start hitting 3x10 before you know it, then you can start progressing to more difficult movements. Stick with it and it will pay off big time.

You have to progress to stronger planks past 1 min, user. What you're doing is the equivalent of squatting 225lbs por 30 reps.

Even though there is something to be said about not being used to the movement, you should work on your core

You don't even need to spend money on an ab wheel.

If you've got home equipment you've probably got either and adjustable barbell (easy curl or normal) or dumbbell(s). Just loosen the locks a little so the weights roll freely and use that, works literally 100%.

Compounds are not enough for aesthetic abs. That's a myth handed down from the ss crowd.

that being said
sure
pull-ups, bench and deadlift probably isn't enough for abs.

But this thing honestly wrecks my core.
currently doing 4x20.
If spending 10min doing this shit after your workout doesn't give you bigger better abs then you doing it wrong.

nice one m8

>wooden floor
Nigga....

An wheel gave me a visible 6 pack at 17% bf in less than a month. Undoubtedly the best exercise for core in existence.

You only need to not train abs if you're an amazing guy who keeps core max engaged during all the lifts.
I'm sure we all try, but I doubt many manage.

how were you using it?

So when I do it I get a pinch in my back.

Am I not bracing my core enough? Or should I start off with planks and build up to using the ab roller?
What queues should I look for

Placing his feet on it and wheeling around like a segway

Compound movements for abs is actually a meme. The fact that you got doms from training abs is proof

chest plate romans
hanging dumbell raise
incline situps
>not doing these

Compound movements should be enough if you are actually bracing correctly.

BE WARNED DO NOT FALL FOR THE MEME
all this shit does is enlarge your internal muscles and push your gut out, it doesnt even make abs visible below 10%. it can snap your shit up too. dont believe Veeky Forumss lies
t. been doing these 3x8 for a few months

Happy to say that I fell for the meme too.

I think you just got fat lmao. I've been using it for months and it's helped my abs come in nicely. Also have no idea how it would snap your shit up, just do it right

you train vacuums? how long have you been using the ab roller and with how many reps/sets do you train?

>posted on Veeky Forums in 2014
is this some kind of viral marketing by chink ab roller sellers?

I couldnt shit for a week after doing that exercise. Too much DOMs to push anything out with my stomach.

>but it's not necessary if you do compounds
kek go do the ab wheel. report back please.

oh shit not my internal muscles. I only train external. Who even needs internal muscles? I train other people's muscles.

Don't you have carpets?

You bought the wrong color ab roller you dunce that's why.

friendly reminder that this thing will fuck your back up really good if your abs are not strong enough to begin with.

no it won't because you can progress on it

thats true, but even in a kneeling position it can put considerable strain on your lower back. many people cant even keep their back straight doing crunches or w/e.

Shouldn't be pushing it out fyi. Bad for your body. Eat more fiber.

livestrong.com/article/502115-does-the-ab-roller-actually-work/

>Out of 13 exercises in the ACE study, the AB Roller rated ninth in rectus abdominis activity. In the second study, the AB Roller rated fourth out of nine exercises. In both studies, the AB Roller wasn't the most effective abdominal exercise, but it wasn't the least effective either.
Well, and what exercises were the best, you piece of shit? (not you, user)

fuck, how does blue one cope?

youtu.be/MZl2fZUTlaw?t=5m22s

If you have the desire to buy another they have some with springs in them that make the roll smoother and more controllable. If you legit can't even do 2 then it might be something your interested in.

this video showed how to NOT do a rkc kettlebell snatch, poor form, squatting for a 1 rep snatch either find a professional rkc or giryevik athlete/trainer and pay them to teach you the proper technique

>internal muscles

Don't be lazy. Click on the link in the references section, you piece of shit (yes you, user).

And it was bicycle kicks.

how the fuck do you make the transition from knees to standing?

I can do easy sets of 20 on my knees but I buckle halfway through one rep standing.

6'2" for what its worth

Can I just do these for a solid set of abs? They’re fucking amazing

you need to keep a hollow body position throughout. look up what that is if you dont know and maybe dont go quite so low until you figure out the position/get stronger in it

I could swear I read a while back that's how ab rollers started, when people started doing exactly what you've suggested as an early way of strengthening their core in the 80s or something. I might be wrong though and cba to google.

Nuh uh, red ones go fastur.

youtube.com/watch?v=3vfTLXQUZeI

Using an incline works but who the fuck has a plank like that lying around.

What worked really well for me is doing ring rollouts. The further back you stand the lower the rings end and thus the harder it is. Keep going until you end the movement on ab wheel height.

yeah great vid mate let me just go to the nearest lumber yard in my city of 6 million, buy a 12 foot long plank, sand her down in my condo, and drag it to my gym

my uncle used an ab wheel in the early 80's or possibly late 70's

"no"

ab roller =/= ab wheel
ab wheel is one of the best ab exercises ab roller is shit

Be careful, these are actually a good way to snap your shit up. Make sure you are supporting your weight with your abs, and not your shoulders (by rolling too far out.)

yeah dude heavy squats are all you need for great abs. also you'll get huge arms just by benching and a great neck just by deadlifting.

compound movements are the cornerstone of any self respecting routine but ease off the fucking koolaid my man

Do alot of V-ups, crunches and planks after every other workout. It pays off

>is comp. mov. not enough
Enough for what? It certainly is enough for a lot of purposes. For other purposes it's not.