How to not let a break up affect your lifts

Hey, Veeky Forums my gf and I broke up after a 2 year relationship. I didnt lift for her/because of her and she was a major gains goblin but I really loved her and now she’s gone and I have zero nearly 0 motivation. Just barely finished my lifts at the gym today. Any advice of how to not let a break up ruin your progress?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E6qBxn_hFDQ?t=30m28s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck someone else.
/thread

My GF broke up with me last month and since then I've been rage lifting and my lifts are going up and up when I think about her setting a new PR.

Get yourself to the gym man. Once there you won't think about the whole thing as much. I made the mistake of not going to the gym and doing nothing all day and all that did was make me think of her the whole time. Don't lose you gains.

Set new goals for yourself. New PRs....new work-related goals...maybe try a new diet or just new foods in general. You've gotta let the past die. Kill it if you have to

>tfw my most amazing workout session was right after a breakup
>went to the gym literally right after, broke a deadlift PR, pulling 170kg

Use the emotion while it lasts

You guys are right, I just gotta work harder and be better than I was before. I’ll put my mind to it. But getting over her is a whole different battle I think. While I channel the emotions I feel into lifting and bettering myself, there isn’t much I can do when I’m just sitting at home alone. I know people likeWill typically just say to fuck someone else, but does this really work? I feel like immediately just putting myself out there again may only just fuck me over harder.

Voing to the gym won't directly help you get over it anyway, it's just a routine kind of thing you do for youself to be a more decent human being. You'll spend up to 2hrs at the gym per day, but the rest of the time you are out of it.
What I mean is your problem is not fitness related, it does not stop you from doing your workouts, it can just help make some of your workout sessions better with the emotion

just never have a gf user...

Sometimes I think it would be better if I was gay user...

The gym is the only thing TO make yourself feel better at this point. If you stay home prepare to be on an endless downward spiral.

I think you'll have to bite the bullet and phase it out. You'll eventually reach the rage phase which will make your lifts skyrocket for some time. I feel like I'm going to be taking this advice soon.

I was in a very imilar situation after my gf dumped me after 2 years, but I started working out as a means of not thinking about her and I lost 10 kilos and upped my running. As ar as my running is concerned, her leaving me was the best thing that could happen to me.

If it makes you feel any better OP my ex cheated on my on NYE after she had been lying to me for 6 weeks prior to that about seeing some guy. Gym is the only thing that keeps you together mentally. The more you mentally fatigue your mind the better you will feel overall, the better sleep you will get and the less you will overthink about your break up. Channel your negative energy/emotions into something productive like being healthy and getting stronger. This is where you have to keep pushing forward no matter what, The last month has been the hardest month of my life and I have been constantly thinking about the things i could have done differently but if i didn't have gym it would have been so much fucking worse.

ALWAYS keep pushing OP, use this as a time to become stronger mentally as well as physically because the best lessons in life are the ones that hurt the most. God speed my friend

>best lessons in life are the ones that hurt the most
Bruh

I broke up on January 1st and since then I started running and taking care of my diet like never before. Lost 4kg. It is a very good motivation. Plus the rage phase just came and I feel powerful.

This is what you're looking for, thi is the mindset you want

3 year relationship bro.

She was also a gains goblin, always had shitty food in the house and kept seducing me away from the gym.

Broke up before Christmas, fucked her best friend all of the weekend just passed.

On my best gym streak ever too, 6 workouts a week since Christmas, new PRs and I'm lean af due to a healthy kitchen.

YOU WILL MAKE IT.

I've learnt more about myself in the past 4 weeks than i have in the last year because it has been a constant battle of the demons trying to come up in my head and literally every waking second i struggle keeping them down. You never learn anything about yourself when things are going well because that's easy, The greatest time for growth is when things are when you feel like the world is against you, you learn strategies to keep pushing through barriers, you learn what you are truly capable of and if you can keep being strong in these situations then literally anything is possible.

An example is when you see those rich kids who never have to face adversity in their life, they never have any character, always seem to crack under the slightest amount of pressure and usually resort to drugs because there's a void in their life where struggle and adversity should be because that's what makes you feel fucking alive. Life is pain and suffering, if you really stop to think about it for a second only 20% of your life is actually you feeling good (in the euphoric sense). The rest of the time you feel average or are facing hardships such as having to go to work, being poor, getting sick or whatever life has to throw at you.

I'd suggest watching Jordan Peterson if you aren't already. Here's a really good interview that has helped me a lot in the last few weeks

youtu.be/E6qBxn_hFDQ?t=30m28s

the first 30 minutes isn't overly relevant but the rest of it is amazing.

JBP takes so much heat on /Pol/ and Veeky Forums for being 'The Stupid Mans Thinking Man'

Fuck 'em.

Peterson is way more than a 'make your bed' meme.

His psychology and talks on male self growth and actualisation, as well as his insight into male-female relationships and sex is GOLD.

Ignore his politics, you will learn a lot from him and it'll help you improve your own mentality and life.

>I feel like I'm going to be taking this advice soon
She didn't block my number bros. I'm really fucking happy right now. Maybe I'm too critical of myself so I always expect the worst from girls.

delet this bls

>I'd suggest watching Jordan Peterson if you aren't already.
He's my gospel. Also, you are absolutely right considering how difficulty can shape a person. I always remind myself of that "Strong men create peaceful times - peaceful times create weak men" saying to keep that thought fresh.

That's because there are a lot of extremely cynical people and they don't really understand what JBP is trying to say. I recommend him to every person going through a tough time, you need to have a certain mindset to digest what he's saying but if you can then it will help you immensely, at least it did for me. I'm currently listening to his new book and about half way through at the moment. Honestly some of the most satisfying shit i've ever heard.

it should improve your lifts user. shit makes me angry it’s my natural response to that stuff

If you want her back use that as motivation to lift and if you don't lift more than you did previously and show her whay she could of had.

Be a man.

Kek, for me it was the complete opposite. My ex wasn't much of a gains goblin, but when we broke all I could do is hit the gym and push harder.
I still do because it helps to keep the pain away.

That's life friend. You can either find out what it means to live your own life or do what I did and am still currently doing after 2 years: drink away every gain you ever had

weighted chin-ups

Hmm I'm the total opposite. I use my breakup to fuel my lifts. I want to get as shredded as absolute possible and make my ex regret leaving

Take a week or two off, drink and eat whatever you want, get all the feels out then hit it hard.

Was in the same situation, did that, and actually broke through some plateaus.

Rest+reenergized motivation=gains

>make my ex regret leaving

She may regret it pal, but she is never coming back

The emotions that help boost the lifts may be beneficial, but they are not sustainable. It isn't a healthy mindset either way, you have to have a proper healthy mindset when you attack those weights. BRING THE INTENSITY AND AGGRESSION
I don't want to have to forget her, lads. She made a big impact on me. But I need to move on. Do I ask girls on dates or what should I do? I cherish the good memories but the regrets and pain still exist. Usually I'm fine (still think of her way too often) but every now and then I will have a strong urge to cry. I'm sick of crying, lads. ITS FUCKING WITH MY LIFTS GODDAMNIT

>Tinder
>After friendly banter, mention you and your gf broke up
>Easy sex

It's supposed to be the opposite, OP. You get fat while you're in a relationship and fit when you're single.

I came here to laugh, not to feel.

Im not sure what OP is talking about either. When Im feeling demotivated on a lift I think about catching my ex making out with another guy at a party and its better than any preworkout they have on the shelves.

Were all gonna make it bros

Bruh r u fucking serious? Break ups are the best preworkout ever

Wish I knew brah. Broke up with my gf like 2 hours ago. Her reason for breaking up had to do with her self-confidence issues. She's had kinda bad acne for a few years (not noticeable with makeup) and she said she hates what she sees when she looks in the mirror, and she's "learning to love herself before she can love others." I get it - I was in the same position like 4 months ago. She said she wants to be friends and still hang out together. I don't know what to make of all of this. It sucks though, I still have feelings for her. I have some big ass PRs tomorrow morning to hit, wish me luck.

Why get out of bed in the morning when you know you're going to go right back to sleep later that night?

Are you, bychance, fucking 15 or something?
Not trying to lessen the severity of a break up user but that sounds extremely juvenile
Also sounds like bullshit t b h

The disharmony of modern relationships in the current world is just all eroding.

Fueled by men with no principles or standards, women have become objects of pursuits. Women dont want men to chase them, they want men that chase things and ideas. Couple that with an unrealistic career fanaticism and nothing but the vapid and soul consuming expression of consumerism and socially constructed identities, because the world is so empty and void of meaning, that people will cling onto anything that will make them feel as if they are part of something, rather than staying true to their own nature, and you have the reason why 50% of all relationships fail within 3 years.

Women in the 21st century are not worth a man's becoming. Women simply are. They are stale, boring copies of copies of copies, nothing new or original is said, only lies are repeated forever.

If you are a strong-willed, principled and well-established male, women will naturally follow you everywhere you go, but never forget that they have likely never lifted a finger in their life to better themselves thus dispense the rewards of your hard work with mindfullness. Be just and firm with those fucking thots, they dont deserve the respect of a man with principles if they are vapid whores.

Rage is the best motivator for sure. Make sure she sees what she missed.

What a fucking bullshit reason to break up with you. Don't stay friends with her.
This is probably more what is going on:
So she's insecure about her looks and probably insecure about being with you because she doesn't get much attention from males and she wants to know if she could do better than you. So she'll go on dating websites and be showered with messages and matches and will go and ride the cock carousel to make up for her insecurities and make herself believe 'if so many guys want to stick their dick in me I have to be good looking'.