So, Veeky Forums, I am at 120kg right now and want to start running...

So, Veeky Forums, I am at 120kg right now and want to start running. Can you please tell me if my starter plan is any good?

Every week: Stretch, 5 minute warm up at brisk pace (6km/h), 5 minute cool down at easy pace (3.5km/h) plus more stretching at the end.

Week 1: Run 1-minute (12 km/h), walk 3-minute (4 km/h). Repeat three times/week.

Week 2: Run 2-minute (12 km/h), walk 2-minute (4km/h). Repeat three times. Do three workouts/week.

Week 3: Run 3-minute (12 km/h), walk 1-minute (4 km/h). Repeat three times. Do three workouts/week.

Week 4: Run 4-minute (12 km/h), walk 2-minute (4 km/h). Repeat two times. Do three workouts/week.

Week 5: Run 5-minute (12 km/h), walk 2-minute (4 km/h), run 5-minute (12 km/h). Do three workouts/week.

Week 6: Run 6-minute (12 km/h), walk 1-minute (4 km/h), run 6-minute (12 km/h). Do three workouts/week.

Week 7: Run 7-minute (12 km/h), walk 1-minute (4 km/h), run 7-minute (12 km/h). Do three workouts/week.

Week 8: Run 8-minute (12 km/h), walk 1-minute (4 km/h), run 8-minute (12 km/h). Do three workouts/week.

Other urls found in this thread:

wholelifechallenge.com/the-walkrun-program-2-0-run-for-60-minutes-straight-in-13-weeks/
lydiardfoundation.org/jogging-the-lydiard-way/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

12km/h is too fast

You will get a heart attack progressing that fast...

>that leftist projection in the comic

Zero self awareness.

That is less than 7,5 mph.

For real? What do you suggest?

Not everything is politics-based, the fag's just being a strawmanning STEMlord as per usual.

Do shorter intervals.
If you're on a treadmill and have full controll over your pace, you can do 12km/h, but not for as long as you're planning.
Try running 400 meters, then walking 200. Take it slow at first, then gradually run faster.
And don't walk at 4km/h, keep it at 6. You're going to have to push yourself a lot in the beginning.

And keep going until you can't go on. Don't stop because your time is up.

I am trying to avoid injury, so going all out is not an option.
I got a treadmill, my logic is to follow HIIT logic.

I would just start by running half a mile as fast as you can outside, then go up to a mile, then two, then three. Anything more won't really do you any good. Also, don't use treadmills. They will suck out your soul and destroy your motivation to run. Find a park if you can, or just run on the sidewalk in your neighborhood.

Tldr

Just do couch to 5k

If you want to lose fat you shouldn't run 12 km/h. I run 9 km/h for 15 minutes after my workout. Every 2 minutes I increase the inclination 1%. So I would recommend you to run 9-10km/h

I... Don't understand the comic.
Am I a brainlet?

I honestly don't get it either. I think it was written by a woman.

>egg makes point
>woman doesn't understand/pretends to not understand
>egg says she doesn't understand
>woman continues to either not understand or pretend to be retarded

Like, cool story bitch, an egg met a retard?

What the fuck does the humpty dumpty reference even mean?

I am white and just by being outside in this country I become the target of thieves.

I think it has something to do with people interpreting words and texts to fit their own context.

>I think all racists people should be jailed
>OMG YOU HATE WHITE PEOPLE MAGA

I do not mean to be rude, but your guys are not very smart and should keep that in mind when making your life choices.

It is not about losing that fat, it is about being able to keep at 12km/h pace for some time.

don't get worked up over pace right now, op. speed kills. if you want to run, I recommend starting slow and focusing on perceived effort (should feel easy) and time rather than speed and distance. Andrew Read's run/walk program has a good reputation: wholelifechallenge.com/the-walkrun-program-2-0-run-for-60-minutes-straight-in-13-weeks/

Arthur Lydiard has some good things to say, too: lydiardfoundation.org/jogging-the-lydiard-way/

and make sure you're losing weight. diet's gonna matter a lot.

>as fast as you can
no

Literally just explained what it meant, the only person who is not smart is you pretending to be smart.

Thanks for the links, bro, but my objective is 2400m under 12 minutes (hence 12km/h), so I don't know if I should focus in long runs right now.
Is my reasoning faulty for some reason?

>your guys
Based phone poster.

If you weigh 120kg and you're not used to running, you stand a fair chance of getting hurt if you try to run fast. And 2400m in 12 minutes might be fast for you now, but won't be once you're accustomed to easy running--you'll probably be able to do it by the time you can jog easily for an hour.

But it's your call, and it depends on how much time you have and how much it matters for you to be able to keep training after you pass your test.

But why Humpty-Dumpty though?

because expecting that this is how communication works is dangerous. Good fucking lord I hate XKCD

Get a HRM and keep your HR in the "fat loss zone" for your age. More than likely it will be leisurely paced walk for the first couple weeks with how fat your ass is. If your goal is to lose weight, jogging is generally the worse of both worlds, most of the intensity of running, with the duration (wear=intensity x duration) of walking. Just dedicate yourself you doing that cardio walk at least 30 minutes every day, If you work a 9-5, try do do an hour on the weekend instead.

Xkcd is top pseud and extremely reddit. I will assume the creator looks like pic related.

The guy went to the same school as me, but was a few years ahead. Also, I'm not smart, so I wasn't in the same classes.