Is sashimi healthy?

Is sashimi healthy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TSOSdLZFwy8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, it is just fish. Fish is arguably the healthiest meat for you (depending on which type, where from, and the quantity of course).

Had a buddy eat nothing but swordfish sashimi all the time it seemed and he was mega jAcked

No, sushi is the largest source of parasites in the western diet.

Fish is excellent otherwisr.

Dont you get lead poisoning from too much raw fish?

It depends.

It's Mercury you tards

Its mercury you're thinking of. Its at its highest in tuna. However you need to eat an extremely large amount of it consistently for it to actually affect your health. Other fish like sardines and tuna are very low in mercury and are good to go.

Highest in swordfish dudeio

*One of the highest. Thanks for the correction

Doesn't matter if it is raw, it depends on the type of fish

shit i meant to say sardines and salmon

The higher in the food chain, the higher the amount of mercury. It's not that hard.

>paying 100 dollars for raw meat

This

The guy in the parking lot only charges me $30

>he doesn't get his sashimi COMPED

Tapeworms will steal your gains

Yea i fucked up in translation im tired. Shit i like sashimi, too bad i end up thinking about parasites for a month after eating it.

Enjoy being the uber host for parasites.

>He doesn't go to all you can eat sushi

Truly the greatest of memes

2 much 2na lol

I feel sorry for people who actually can't enjoy sushi.

Fish has probably the best macro's you can get, plus has the oil you are probably already taking in capsule form. There is the risk of heavy metal toxicity (Non high end capsules carry are the same), and parasites, which is why most sushi fish is flash frozen upon catching. Never frozen fish is arguably better tasting, but you take your chances.

Just don't eat farmed fish mang. It's quite bad for your health

tapeworms are great for cutting though

Dad bought farmed salmon on accident when he was drunk and it smelled like a fucking pig trough when I cooked it the next morning

i eat chicken sashimi, its really good

wait, he charges you or you charge him?

How much canned tuna can you safely eat weekly?

I've had chicken sashimi, fucking gross

If I cut it into super thin slices and have it soak in room temperature soy sauce over night, I find it to taste good with a bit of rice

So 1 can/day?

Some quick Google-fu sources say 1 can/week. Why would they lie to us, Veeky Forums?

gl with salmonella

Is it actually *bad* though? I know the nutritional content is nowhere near as high but I didn't know it was actively bad for you (not trying to be a dick, I'm legitimately asking. I've never heard this before)

canned tuna would be the most broken source of protein. like 20g in 1 can, costs a quarter, and isnt filling or high in calories. glad humanity nerfed with pollution

That's only fresh water sashimi, salt water sashimi does have parasites but they've not evolved to survive in humans. At least that's what my fishmonger told me. Anyway Sockeye Salmon sashimi is fucking GOAT and if I could afford it I would eat it every day.

'Animal products' and 'healthy' are mutually exclusive.

absolute meme desu, farmed is fine if it's all you can source

Also depends on the life span, Tuna live for a fuck long time and are also top predators so the concentration is pretty high compared to other short lived predator fish like Salmon. Just don't eat bivalves, those have more mercury than thermometers.

>Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
PETA's pseudo-medicine lobbying group
Opinion discarded

The nutritional profile is way different, not "nowhere near as high". For example, farmed salmon fed grains will contain a lot more omega 6 and saturated fats as opposed to wild salmon containing almost all omega 3s attributed to their natural diets

Mostly it's the feed that they give them, I think they have to be pretty medicated too kinda like battery farmed chicken so that's a consideration. I also don't know if it's possible to get organic farmed salmon. Frankly though the flavour is just inferior by a wide margin so I never order farmed, although if someone serves it to me I'm not gonna be a snobby faggot and turn my nose up to it.

Tell us your Asian secrets for cheap sashimi

>yfw nips live twice as long as vegans

Kek.

Damn that looks tasty

That single sourceless picture changed my entire outlook on life

>dat rill be free hundred dollaroos prease

Never pinch pennies on quality Sashimi, that's the secret

Jfc asshole, go to a proper fishmonger or sushi restaurant and look at farmed vs. wild salmon and you can literally see the difference for yourself. Or don't because you're on Veeky Forums which immediately makes me assume you're a contrarian shit heel.

nice fucking troll. The one on the right is fresh tuna. Salmon always has the white stripes.

>Fish isn't healthy
>Japanese people eat raw fish regularly as well as pork and chicken
>Longest lived healthiest people on the planet.

>still doesn't change the fact it's a sourceless picture edited with MSpaint

There are salmon farms that exercise the fish with countercurrents so they don't get obese and develop intramuscular fat like that.

It's the rice

>Lived in japan for a few months
>Sushi place down the street from where I lived, they'd make it in front of you
>Eating a decent sized meal there cost the same you'd spend on a foot long sub,
>Mfw you have to write your orders down on paper and I have 0 skills in the japanese language
>The chefs face when trying to read my poorly drawn hirigana

So you're saying that I can still be insanely healthy and live to a long life while eating lots of fish and meat, a lot of which is fried, if I also eat a lot of rice? Sounds good to me.

>this entire plate is farmed salmon
Don't ask me for a source

You heard it here first!

Listen buddy, I live within three blocks of no less than five decent sushi restaurants, two of which don't even offer farmed salmon on the menu, I assure you that the difference is very similar to what is in that pic. Although as one user pointed out the fish on the right does look more like Ahi Tuna than sockeye.

If you do any research on the topic you find that farmed salmon is shit tier, you pay decent money for something that not only isn't good for you but is potentially bad for your health. It's not your place to do the research for them, if they don't look into what they are eating before they put it into their bodies then thats really their problem.

Listen here friend. My father's uncles cousins friend is a Tuna farmer and he stops by my house daily to quiz me on lobsters. I think I know What im taking about. I also live by 18 sushi restaurants and a 2 minute walk from 26 fish markets

Yes I'm aware, which is why I make a point of never ordering that crap. Although if someone puts a plate of it down in front of me I'm not gonna be a rude pos and say it's not good enough.

If you were vietnamese none of this would be abnormal. When I lived in orlando the viet district was like this

>his sushi restaurant doesn't display the fish in a refrigerated glass box for you to pick from
You actually let them serve it before you judge the fish?

friendly reminder any sashimi served outside of japan is vastly inferior to literally anything served inside of it.
a little slab of fish inside a sushi train roll in japan is better than anything you will find even in the highest quality restaurants outside of japan.

>Implying the fish I eat isn't on display
>implying I don't sit there and watch them prepare it for me
>implying the I don't implicitly trust the chefs to serve me the very best they have behind the glass
Anyway we can be snobs all we want, but the real question was: is that a picture of farmed salmon next to wild salmon? Which, while it is farmed salmon in the pic, I'm doubting that it's wild salmon next to it.

Not remotely true, it's the same shit you hear from people who say that you can't get good pizza outside of NYC or a good cheesesteak outside Philly, or somehow steaks in TX are better than anywhere else even though it's usually the same cattle from OK. Is the best sashimi served in Japan? I'd be inclined to believe that. But the worst in Japan is not better than the best practically anywhere else.

Can you post this research please? How can is possibly be extrapolated to every single salmon farm?

t. never been to japan
why even talk about things you've never experienced?

Stationed in Okinawa kiddo.

>Is the best sashimi served in Japan
>I'd be inclined to believe that
>low ass modality language
>as if there's even a fucking question about which nation serves the best sashimi
yeah nah fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=TSOSdLZFwy8

Not an argument.

I had sushi in japan. Felt like chewing rubber.

>NYC is the only place pizza is served
>Philly is the only place pizza is served
>TX is the only place steak is served
>Japan was the only place sashimi was served for millennia
>hurr durr the sayings sound the same therefore it's just an inaccurate stereotype

>t. assmad weaboo

>hurr you have no argument
>lol my ad hominem constitutes an argument :^)

if that was true jiro would be dead by now

>converting fish into sliced fish takes millennia

it's not UNhealthy but cooking makes the protein and other nutrients more bioavailable

>fresh water sashimi

I was inside a panda express. Close enough

post body