/fat/ - Case of the Modays Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
>For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
>fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>>If you are overweight or obese, you should shed body fat before you try to build muscle mass. That means eating below your TDEE

>>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
>sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
>fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
>losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones

>myfitnesspal.com
>>discord
>discord.gg/5DMREpw

>>myfitnesspal group
>community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n8BY4fyLvZc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>case of the mondays
More like case of the lazy shitbags.

slow downs can happen after the first week or two, at most it'll last your entire first month. whats happening is you're not only losing fat but a lot of water weight as well, which is common. just keep eating at what you're currently eating and when the weightloss starts to slow down recalculate your TDEE and lower your calorie intake.
-2lbs a week is ideal after it begins to slow down then -1lb when it gets harder. don't listen to /fast/ posters unless you want to end up with gallbladder stones and a fucked up metabolism.

Had a good workout today. I unfortunately wore a shirt that while perfectly fine to wear day-to-day was a little short and my lower stomach showed while I was in the up position of my squats. (280lbs, 6'5". ~30% fat). People at a gym don't give a shit do they? It was noonish, so it wasn't crowded but the other people who were lifting definitely saw my naked fupa.

Yes everyone saw it.

Stop giving a shit.

I have to give up weed huh /fat/, Its for my own good

I'm down 20lbs since New Years. Gonna make it my bois

>can't stop overeating
>can't stop eating carbs

I've found weed to be an excellent motivator for my fitness goals and I'm a daily user. Everyone's different though. No harm in quitting for a while or for good to see how it goes.

The thought of ending up with too much loose skin makes me suicidal. The only reason I want to lose fat is to become attractive and to wear clothes not tents.

I know, it really fucking sucks because Im just one of those people that takes things too far. If Im drinking I have to be black out drunk, If Im smoking I have to burn out, If I'm eating bad food I have to eat all of it etc. At this point even smoking just on Saturday/Sunday is destroying my calorie intake.

>Eating right, but wanted a piece of bread
>Only eat half a bread, not worth
>Went to do 15 minutes intense cardio on bycicle

I'm actually pretty happy right now

6ft/203lb here

>eat less
>can never lose weight, CONSTANTLY maintain weight for over a year now despite working out semi heavily for 6 months now
>shoulders are semi muscular but every other part of body covered in blubber

Like in weightloss, go step by step.

Try to delay eating weed for one hour, then another one, then another day. It doesn't have to be cold turkey, you can do it

You'll look fine with clothes on just never take them off.

I made it to the top of a mountain today, /fat/. I didn’t think I could do it. I haven’t left the house much for a few years but after today I feel really swell.

Talk to your doctor there are medication for bulimia.

Good shit, hiking is an amazing way to exercise, second only to lifting weights for me.

how big are you

178cm/5"10, starting weight was 120kg/265lbs

Today has inspired me user, I’m going to check out the public transport routes to other treks in my area and give them a go

If you want a way to motivate yourself to do some walking volunteer in a dog shelter.

I walk the shelter dogs and I do 12 km on those volunteering days, and also I get to give some love to old and forgotten dogs

Post pics :D

I went from 330 to 185 at 5'10.5/179cm in 11 months and I have little loose skin. I still have minor gyno though. Are you fasting and how old are you? It is also genetic I believe anyways good luck.

Did you fast to lose all the weight in only 11 months or what?

been under 1200cal a day for almost a month now. I'm not hungry anymore. I take my time, eat my 1200 cals throughout the day, and I am never hungry in between. Not even hungry in the morning.

Anyone else like this?

Im eating around 1200 kcal/day. Im turning 22 in a month. I heard drinking plenty of water can prevent loose skin and I've been trying to drink as much as I can.
>It is also genetic
So I've read too, so yeah.

I also can't stop eating carbs
>Was really picky when I was younger
>Only ate sandwiches, fast food, Mexican dishes usually involving tortilla
>Bloat up
I've started to try and lose weight recently but bread is the absolute bane of my existence

Fasted basically from 300 to 200 and lost the last 20 through fasting just differently. I typically would fast for 5 days and then eat for a day or 2 and then go back to fasting. If you do end up fasting though make sure you do the snake diet not just straight up water, you feel way better doing it. Now I just do omad/IF.

Counting calories?

>>For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

this is a total misconception. if you need willpoer to lose weight you are not gonna make it long term. change your diet. quit fat and all dairy. up carbs such as rice, pasta and potatos that are satisfying and have no fat thus do not convert to fat. very simple

> quit fat and all dairy. up carbs such as rice, pasta and potatoes that are satisfying and have no fat thus do not convert to fat

You are not very smart or intelligent.

Quitting centain foods and not cico + willpower, and exercise

Shoo shoo goblin.

>lose weight and your face is still ugly as fuck

I feel so much better eating carbs. I basically do high carb low fat but with a little lean meat and I feel great. Though if I was trying to lose weight quickly id do keto instead.

These soyboy memes are getting out of hand

Carbs kick ass. Beans fill me up.

>if you need willpoer to lose weight you are not gonna make it long term.

>t. Bro science

Anyone else becoming /anorexic/? I'm averaging 600 cals a day, not even trying to eat that little, I'm not even fat, just rly sad.

Any other short anons that can post their progress? I'm 5'5 215 > 180lbs and I'm wondering what I should be looking forward to.

>, pasta and potatos that are satisfying and have no fat
> thus do not convert to fat
this is so retarded

18/6 Intermittent fasting has annihilated my appetite and desire for junk food. Today I accidentally went until 4:30pm before my first meal (almost 3 hours late) because I just wasn't hungry.

Same here, I've been getting closer to 4 to 5 hour eating windows after a few months. Shit's pretty glorious. I found out it takes me about 22 hours to get truly hungry. I feel a dull ache at the back of my throat.

my biggest problem is either im off the wagon 1000% and binge eating to kill myself or im conscious that I need to restrict and over restrict and end up just severely under eating and then to nobody's surprise, bouncing back HARD and gaining again

its so hard. I don't know why I have to be like this with food. It's obviously my fault but its like sometimes it doesn't feel like it.. I don't know how to describe it. It's like I ALWAYS need to be on my toes or else on any given night, especially if I'm in a good mood and say fuck it, I can derail myself for months at a time.

the worst part? I'm not even obese. I'm just chubby. I could easily fix my shit with 7-8 months of diet and exercise. but I can barely make it past a month of that without acting retarded and letting my emotions get the better of me

god I hate myself.

a cup of frozen berries is the best snack ever. 1 cup of frozen strawberries is 50cals, lots of fiber and lots of vitamins

>Basically shills the (((Standard American Diet)))
>Posts a picture of (((Natalie Portman)))
Huh, really gets the noggin joggin

Who else here /NoFood2018/?

youtu.be/n8BY4fyLvZc
Here's why you're wrong.

hey /fat/, I'm 6'0 and 290lbs. Can I start doing bodyweight squats without blowing my fucking knees out?

Yeah but I wouldn't recommend running

1200 kcal a day is seriously not healthy jfc

Not him nor am I female, but a chubby short girl could easily have a ~1400 BMR, making 1200 reasonable, pic related. I'd even say that's not aggressive enough for a cut.

>eating below BMR
what a great way to lose muscle
ishygddt

yea no one cares, speaking from personal experience here

As long as you lose weight at a reasonable pace (i.e. no more than 2lbs per week) then your skin should gradually and slowly revert back with it.

The people that end up with rolls of distended skin are those that lose a fuckton of weight very quickly.

This happens if you weigh well above 300lb because the TDEE of carry around that enormous fat ass is huge, like way above 5,000 calories per day, so when they fast (which doctors force them to do before bariatric surgery), then they lose nearly 2lbs a day, something like 14lbs a week or more.

As long as you lose weight at a natural rate of 2lbs per week or less you shouldn't suffer this problem.

Yep. As you reduce the amount you eat your body gradually gets used to it. If I try and eat more than my 1,000 calories I feel absolutely stuffed.

Pic related /NoFood1966/ Champion

Sometimes your gut ends up showing at the gym, no one will care unless you make it a regular thing. It happens to everyone.

Not that guy, but I hope so. I was just above 300lbs when I started, and am hoping that I have really minimal loose skin as I keep losing.

What is your TDEE?

Is stretch marks a telltale sign of future loose skin when I lose the weight? God I fucking hope not. I'm 6'0 and I started at 302lbs, down to almost 280 now.

I am exactly the same way. I'm 195 and haven't lost a single ounce since my initial 50 pound loss. I can't stand it. I know junk food is bad but the family fucking SURROUNDS me in it. Every third day mom makes something stupidly unhealthy like pizza and pushes it onto me. The only time in over a month that I was offered food that wasn't unhealthy was a single time right after dinner when she brought in an apple, already sliced it, and I'm like "Bruh...why you so wasteful? I just made myself dinner like twenty minutes ago."

Just tonight I had a cheat day. It's been a long week, mostly because I've been $900 deep and I can't spend anything else, so I've been rationing off hardcore. 1200 calories yesterday, barely ate anything but flip cups and shit until tonight. My arms still hurt so much from my recent fitness test.

I just want to give up.

>I visited my grandma this weekend
>I ate dirty
>very very dirty
>Only really put effort into losing weight past few weeks

How badly did I fuck up?

So, it depends on what calc, but my tdee is like 3126 based on the frog calc, and im limiting to like 1700 a day. I'm losing roughly 2lbs a week on average. I've been using losertown to track it out, and I do cheat with a little alcohol most weeks, so that slows down the loss.

SW: 145kg
CW: 130.1kg
Height: 183cm (6')

You should be fine, just don't increase your deficit until your weight loss drops (it eventually will as your weight drops and your TDEE recalibrates automatically)

this is too perfect
you heard the man

be brave, be bold and hit the gym
before batman kicks your ass

Yeah, I've checked losertown and other stuff, and I don't reckon I need to readjust my deficit till I drop another 10-11kg. Basically, if I can stick to this then I'll be easily on track to get to like 100kg by the end of the year, even with cheat bullshit.

I'm planning on moving too, and need to save all the money, so pretty keen to get on the OMAD train to save some dollars at some point. I reckon IF should help with loose skin too probably.

there is nothing wrong with eating below bmr as long as you have a high protein intake

One of the best things I've noticed about strict dieting is that the food you used to eat tastes SO much better now that you barely have it as compared to when you used to have it all the time.

I went out for sushi and other Asian food on saturday as part of a celebration thing and good God damn I felt like I was in heaven.

Down about 13-14 lbs since starting early this month.

I'm happy for you, man. I live in an area with few mountains but lots of hills, so hiking is a minor thing I can't really avoid even on sidewalks - makes getting used to running horrible, but it's still good for weight loss.

I only wish I didn't have to pay so much for a treadmill or gym membership. I'm gonna need that running for bootcamp in a few months...

I found that OMAD was a very good way of controlling bad food habits, especially mindless snacking.

In addition, because you can't eat the equivalent calories of 3 meals in a single sitting (or at least I can't) then it should help with CICO.

OMAD is a good thing to do as part of your daily life even after you've finished losing weight.

Might have missed the terms, but what are OMAD and CICO? What are the benefits of them?

Yeah, Im going to do it for the binging control, but also for the savings. Instead if having work out what to make for 2 meals, I can just have one, and bulk it with rice and veges and shit, rather than needing the variety.

>Anonymous
5'5" user here...sw 200 cw155.
Are u lifting user. I went from 200 to 140 in 4 months and found I don't like being a skelly. So I started ss without gomad and slight surplus at 2000 Cal of which 130g was protons low fat med carb. During my Skelly I made it into a size s shirt but still wore a size 32 weist. Now I'm a med shirt and size 30 weist and am currently at .75/1.5/3/3.25 on my lifts in 6 months of lifting currently ~17% bf. My goal is to get to 1/2/3/4 and be 12%bf so I'm close but realistically about 6 months away from that. Keep going brah we all can make it and one day you may!

I've done a lot to alter my tastes in the last two years but I'm really bad about it: how do you guys wane off certain meats or sauces and get into fruits and veggies? So far I can only really enjoy eating apples and bananas for fruit.

OMAD = One Meal A Day
CICO = Calories In (what you eat) / Calories Out (What you burn naturally and through exercise)

You may also come across OMAW (One Meal A Week), which is something the /fast/ bros do.

Thanks for the explanation. Since I plateaued at losing a bit ago I think I should calculate my resting calories burned and try CICO.

nvm ate too many berries now i'm shitting my ass off

Hey /fat/, how often do you shit? What consistency? I drink as much water as I can and occasionally eat Meta biscuits for a boost but rarely ever go more than thrice a week.

I drink 1.5 litres a day, eat a maintenance diet and shit about once every day to a day and a half depending upon how much fibre and/or eggs I've eaten.

You fucked up, and there isn't a single thing you can do to change that. Instead of wasting effort feeling guilty, put that into getting back on the wagon.

It's only a massive fuck-up if it becomes a habit.

What calorie distribution should someone who's like ten pounds from reaching a doctor-recommended BMI have? Should I have more fat to help my metabolism register and burn fat more readily, or should I do something else? How does it help or hurt to have different proportions? I've never been sure on that.

such is /fat/ life

I shit an average of twice a day.

Not that user, but thanks man. I needed that tough love after my last couple days of depression. I think I'll get up early tomorrow and have an eggwhite omelette.

4/10 made me reply

Anyone here who plays or has played an excess of 20 hours a week of games? How do you balance it with other things, or how do you encourage more active use of your time?

I've seen some who do runs of Dark Souls were every death you take a break to do a rep of situps, or other in-between activities between matches or levels.

I like savory foods and salsa is very savory especially with hot peppers. I throw a can of tomatoes, a can of jalapenos, a whole onion, a handful of carrot slices into a blender and it makes a tub of salsa. Most of my calories and protein comes from the 9ish servings beans. I use half the tub of salsa as the flavoring. So in one pot of food (I like doing OMAD so I get 1200 calories in from that meal) I'm getting more than enough fruits and veggies.

I used to be the guy at the party who avoided salsa and chili because I was a total pussy about spicy food...but with my trying out different kinds of hot wings two months ago, maybe it's about time I try that out. Carrots and beans are pretty good, onions are great to me.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I could even talk to an uncle about his chili recipe..

When it comes to getting up on time or getting a good night's sleep, any advice? For most of my teen life I couldn't sleep without wanking but lately that's led to shutting my alarms off and sleeping till 10.

>Fapping, ever
I know, but still. Should I just do nofap, with the implications that will have on my addicted fat ass, or are there ways you get yourself out of bed better?

>Spending an hour asking too-dumb-for-their-own-thread questions without really talking to anyone else
It just struck me how shitty I have been since I came here. Does anyone have questions or requests from me, since I lost 50 pounds from an initial 250 pound weight?

I'm thirty, I've lost and gained weight multiple times since high school. One of the major factors was a self-sabotaging "all or nothing" attitude. Once I realized those amazing fat loss stories still involved ice cream-filled fuckups, that attitude went away. It made those success stories more human and made that degree of fat loss an attainable goal.

Concentrate less on demonizing the lapses of judgement and put that energy into something more productive.

That attitude combined with keto, paleo, IF, OMAD, etc is what made my weight start coming off again.

I've dropped almost 25 lbs (200 -> 175, 5' 11") but I still look exactly the same: a fat fuck with giant manboobs, a beer belly, and massive thunder thighs. At what point can I expect to look like a normal human being?

That sounds impressive man. I'm proud of you - as little as that might mean from an user in /fat/.

Nothing wrong with that, I'm 51 and still bash one out if I am struggling to sleep. Out like a light after that.

>One of the major factors was a self-sabotaging "all or nothing" attitude. Once I realized those amazing fat loss stories still involved ice cream-filled fuckups, that attitude went away. It made those success stories more human and made that degree of fat loss an attainable goal.

Absolutely golden advice here, if you're a fatty please listen.

When I do though, I end up struggling to stay up in the morning. Sometimes I sleep for 10 hours at the detriment of walk/jog schedules or breakfast.