Fall for the PPLPPL meme

>fall for the PPLPPL meme

4 weeks pass by

>impingments in both shoulders

Why? I don't do it but how is it a meme. And 4 weeks isn't enough to develop impingement.

>Looks this shit up
>Physical therapy and steroid injections may be necessary.
Good for you now you can finally have normal test levels

>4 weeks
Its possible to cause acute impingement from one stupidly planned session. Unlikely but definitely possible.

lol use proper form. Also post routine so we can see what you've been doing

i dont know about impingement but i stopped PPL cause doing bench and OHP on the same day sucked for my intensity

Do more pulling nerd
T-bar rows
Facepulls
Reverse flies

I bet it’s not the fun steroids

best therapy i could recommend is double amputation i just retrieved by PHd

I had the same problem. I would bench first and then OHP suffered heavily due to it. I still like PPL but also like to mix it up with upper/lower, and brosplits

PHD in 18th century medicine?

i do a 4 on 1 off bro split, i love it. ill do 8 on/2 off sometimes too if my schedule allows.

Wouldn't doing one day bench first and the other OHP first solve this?

i mean yeah that would be better for balancing, but at least for me anyway that would mean i would be slacking on a major compound for that day, which i dont like. i like going in and starting with the major movement first and being able to give it my all. then do some lighter/higher rep compound after that and then finish with accessory

What do when the equipment for major compound is taken?
Happens to me way too often and I just end up doing accessories and half-ass the compound

i got the home gym thing going on so luckily i dont have to deal with that. the one downside is i don't have any way to do lat pulldowns, so im starting to get concerned that my deadlifts, BB and DB rows aren't enough, but besides not having a few machines i love my home gym

What about weighted pullups?

ill put the bar up to the ohp or squat height and use that, gotta bend the legs though

>getting impingement from a 2x a week press frequency
good job on being a genetic dead end

How do you prevent shoulder impingement?

they are corticosteroids (the catabolic kind)

>doing upright rows

I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't do this

proper form

warm up first

proper rest days

ON IMPINGEMENT

Three things to consider here.

First of all, there's always some degree of "impingement" going on in the shoulder, regardless of whether you feel it or not. It's not like there's a huge empty space between structures in a healthy shoulder. Shit slides around on top of eachother in there. This has a couple of implications.

#1 Impingement is an overuse injury. You've been increasing your workload (defined as a combination of volume, intensity, everything basically) too rapidly rather than smoothly over time.
Otherwise your shoulder adapts and can usually handle whatever you throw at it.

#2 Exercise selection matters. Some exercises are "high risk", meaning that they put your shoulder in positions where the forces aren't distributed as nicely, and the degree of impingement increases.
One of these exercises may cause as much wear and tear as 3 others combined. Examples include bench pressing with a huge elbow flare, or dips where you fail to prevent your shoulders from rolling forward. Notice that these examples are technique tweaks moreso than actual exercise choices.

#3 Exercise selection matters, again. You need structural balance. If you have crazy tight pecs and weak and lazy rear deltoids and upper back, your tight front will pull your shoulders into a suboptimal position to the same effect as performing exercises with improper form.

What to do: reduce workload and build back up slowly. Learn proper form. Work your backside.

If your Bench is suffering from your OHP you're using shit form. Period.

you gotta pack your shoulder in order to prevent shoulder injuries. read the instructions and learn to generate the feeling on command, then learn to associate it with a white knuckle grip on the bar. you should the squeezing the fuck outta the bar and should feel your shoulder clench in as described here in this image.

THE PARTY IS ALWAYS RIGHT COMRADE.

Substitute dumbells and invoke external rotation so you don’t fuck your shoulders

I don't get PPL workouts.
PxPxLxx only trains the same muscle every 7 days and is only viable for advanced bodybuilders and very intense workouts.
PPLPPL is too hard for beginners to maintain and has a way to short recovery time for advanced lifters.

Seriously, PPLPPL is only good if you do it for like 2-3 weeks and then get back to a normal routine. See it like an extra boost, trying to stick around with this for any longer will only result in injury/lack of motivation.

Just do a U/L routine if you're not a total newbie but no strongman either.

I sort of agree, but what seems to get lost in the discussion always, is that it obviously depends a lot on what you actually do each day ie how you actually train when you do train.

i'm confused. what am I doing with my left hand? pls help

this is you probably:

>spend entire life hunched over a computer
>go lift weights for first time with rounded shoudlers
>lift overhead
>impingement
>it was PPL!

> PPLPPLx is too hard for beginners

Maybe if you are a little bitch boy.

>PPLPPL is too hard for beginners to maintain and has a way to short recovery time for advanced lifters.
PPLxPPLx

Its the perfect workout for home gyms. It doesnt make sense if you're going to a gym somewhere else though.

U/L is not as good because you lose out on a lot of accessory work.

OP's question comes up every other day in some form. Most beginners simply don't want to/can't go to the gym 6 days a week.
I did for a while and felt more tired and got less gains than with U/L or full body workouts. Why spend two hours more in the gym if I can have the same or better results with only 4 sessions?

PROPER FORM
R
O
P
E
R

F
O
R
M

It's not nothing to do with being a little bitch, and only a little to do with posture.

It's mostly the issue of going straight into working out 6 days a week without building up to it properly. Not saying that this is a guaranteed ticket to snap city, but it DOES come with a high risk of developing overuse problems. That's just a fact.

So retarded it hurts

PPL is a meme scheme for wankers, but shoulder impingement is because of you doing shit, probably bench press, wrong, not because of your bargain bin program

no it isn't a fact. It is 100% from posture. Unless you work outdoors, your posture is fucked from computer usage/chairs the first time you set foot in a gym.

You can be as tired as fuck and still not develop any impingement, otherwise everybody who has ever had to work hard would have it.

Not that I advocate 6 days ppl though and I think it is too much, but it would only cause fatigue and lack of muscle growth, not impingement.

>I don't do PPL so it is for wankers

I gained more muscle then you will ever have doing it. Only noobs say things like that because the routine is largely irrelevant.

PPLxPPLx, it's really not that hard. You don't have to do the same workout every Monday, you know.

>people say PPLPPL is shit
>they don't offer any other routines

Sorry but you're wrong. It's not about being "tired". It's about tissue capacity.

If you would like to learn more, look up research by Tim Gabbett and start there.

If you would like to continue being wrong, call me a retard and carry on.

Nothing about "PPL" specifies anything about intensity or daily volume. All it specifies is grouping your workouts according to the major powerlifting movements. I don't even know where to begin whenever people insist that a loose training scheme automatically has recovery problems.

You could run PPLPPLPPL forever with zero rest days, as long as you're adjusting your training volumes to manage your recovery. At the very simplest, you could just alternate heavy and light days like this:
>PpLpPl ...
or like this:
>PPLppl ...
etc

I'm tired of this fucking nonsense about recovery from Veeky Forumsizens who have probably never adapted any kind of periodization to their programs in their life. Yes I'm slightly mad.

pplppl doesn't mean you have to increase weight beyond what is comfortable

retard

I do ohp on leg day so my upper body is rested.

>blaming a routine for your injury instead of your shit form on meme exercises
Stop doing upright rows, behind the neck press, and internally rotating your shoulders on lateral raises. PPL is dumb, but it won't hurt you. Shit form and bad exercises will.

>there's no such thing as fatigue

This.
Pplppl made crazy gains.
But its not for weaklings

Pic related, me after 10 months PPLPPL

>retard
So you chose the latter option.

This is now a Jeff thread.

no I looked it up and he has a theory (only a theory) as to why newer athletes who do less work get injured more. His theory was based on INTENSITY of the workout, which you can alter yourself no matter how many days per week you go.

The more likely reason for impingement, which is the reason you will probably find all over the place, that isn't just a theory, is that you had rounded shoulders and performed overhead exercises before correcting your shoulder issues.

Had the same problem butI fixed it. Activate your rotatorcuffs before every workout. Use those strechy rubberbands. And do lots of facepulls and other shit.
My impingement went away as soon as I started doing this stuff. The pain was litterally gone the next day and it never came back.

True
Main factor is volume and intensity.
Routine is something you should just vaguely follow to make sure you are hitting each muscle group consistently.

How hard is it to go to the gym every day? If you don't have the will then you're never going to make it.

Do UxLUxFx

What's the F?

This. I progressed too fast, form got bad quickly and bench started to hurt as hell. Strarted doing more facepulls, YTWL and rotator cuff work, shoulders got a lot better. Lat raises and OHP still scare me though.

This is why the GOAT is:
Chest/Tris, Legs/Shoulders, Back/Bis
ABCABCx

What are the symptoms of a shoulder impingments?

I may have it, some user suggested me to start working on my shoulder's flexibility.

Most guys who sign up at a gym stop going after like 1-2 months, having to go there every single day will only make them quit faster.
Also there is no reason to go every single day of the week (unless you want to). Most goals can be reached by going 3-4 times a week.

I'm guessing full body

Im only doing babyweights but when lowering on the bench i focus on my elbows/triceps at 45-60 degrees from my sides. If i have any tension at all in my shoulders when lowering i feel the impingement. For ohp i do a mild shrug at the top which supposedly helps.

Get local steroid injections ASAP or shit will get worse and haunt tour shoulder girdle for life.

Sucks about your injuries user but PPLPPL is probably the best workout routine that you could do.
Maybe start again.

This is good advice. Ive just started lifting and dieting seriously. U/L routines are easy to adjust and good for building legs. You can see linear progress, just not always as fast as ss