OWG Olympic Weightlifting General

Anime edition

If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
coachpapayats.com/chinese-weightlifting-blog/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mnhlciCQ7vEKHDB0g5Vl1PYO7oSyAjfw3lSrUDCM8w4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

firs

3rd

How do you guys deal with jealously of lifters that are more obnoxious and better than you at lifting ?

Or that also make lifting look gay and uncool?

I don't get jealous of other lifters, I just mad at myself for being worse than them

sounds anime but it's true

If you aren't the biggest guy in the room, find another room.

If you are the biggest guy in the room, make that room your gym.

deliuge is that really you

Except for Overhead Squats what else can I do to improve my Snatch stabillity? I mainly struggle with the upper body. Any cues that might help or any muscles that need to be strengthened?

So are you not supposed to externally rotate the scapula in the jerk?

snatch balance!

I think you are supposed to externally rotate on the power jerk and internally rotate on the split jerk

So this is why my jerks feel like shit

good morning lads

Good morning jap poster

uhhh why? Why exactly wouldn't you internally rotate for all jerks?

Well, I think it is because when you are power/ squat jerking you have to lean forward, because of this the weight is mostly supported by your upper back like when you are snatching instead of your delts/ core like when OHPressing

Just keep something in the back of your mind telling you (with absolute confidence) that you're better than this other person at many other skills, and that weightlifting is the ONLY thing they've got on you.

Do you guys switch the leg that comes front in the jerk?

Hahahaa

I think you've got that backwards

no. people who owl for a hobby or for competition stick with one leg for jerk, unless they get injured, then they switch to stick with either the other leg or more likely to power/squat jerk.
there are a a lot of athletic programs which use use owls or variants. a few of them use jerks, but mostly power jerks. a few of those which use jerks, use split jerks, and a few of those alternate which leg is used. other than that, nobody else does.

Thats the most fuck shit retarded thing you can do for your jerk

Find out which leg is better suited as the lead one

And fucking stick with it

Okay, I was just thinking about muscle imbalances but guess it's not a thing. I'll tick with the right leg then.

assuming you developed muscle imbalances then you could correct them with lunges and other unilateral work as accessories
lunges are a part of many programs like lsus 10-5-3
imbalances aren't terribly likely however as the vast majority of wl training is bilateral; cleans, snatches, pulls, squats, presses, and even much of the jerk volume is power, even in split jerkers, as power allows a lighter stimulus and trains bar position

>imbalances aren't terribly likely
m8 im p sure every wler has loads of horrible imbalances

lol you're a funny guy
all competitive athletes are fucked up, in every sport, because of the demands of competition
but joe blow, lifting in his garage 3-5x a week, or going to whatever gym for training, with his sinclair in or below the 200s, isn't gonna get any fucking imbalances worth noting from following a balanced training program, for reasons noted in my post, and also as noted, there are ways to address the potential, and also as noted, many programs use those ways
not to mention that the average hobbyist wler has far fewer imbalances than the average sit-on-asser

>set up my powerclean weight
>big guy comes in and just snatch it
Everytime

what do you mean I'm funny?

m8

which is better
doing only cleans, snatches and squats like bulgarians or plenty of partial main lifts and other accessories + BB stuff

For 99% of lifters it's "plenty of partial main lifts and other accessories + BB stuff"

Do both.
>lower intensity, higher volume, lots of variations block
>higher intensity, lower volume, high specificity block

That being said, when is the time right for a Bulgarian cycle?

Suika best toehoe

For naturals that don't have all day to train and recover or a team of doctors and coaches to support them never. But if you are refering to the kind of Bulgarian program you can find on owlsheets or on 's blog then you know you are ready when your 1RMs are 100% stable and you can't progress linearly anymore

How much could I potentially jerk with a 250lb pushpress?

Im pretty sure most people here have 200+ sinclair

>set up powerclean weight
>no one comes in and snatches it because im the only weightlifter in the gym
feels bad man, I want to go back to Russia to my WL gym

What if you're a DYEL who can't even snatch a plate

Ye chinese secrets 100 dorra each

overhead squats and heavy overhead anderson squats.

you could potentially jerk 0 lbs with a 250 push press

sots press

you get more specific close to important competitions
heavy singles should probably be done from 6-2 weeks out or so

~200-400lbs i reckon m8

also guys check this what do u think
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mnhlciCQ7vEKHDB0g5Vl1PYO7oSyAjfw3lSrUDCM8w4/edit?usp=sharing
ull have to duplicate it 2 edit

What do I do when my ability to snatch/clean pull far more than I can snatch/clean but the program calls for snatch/clean pulls as a percentage of my sn/cj 1RM? All the extremely light pulls seem like a waste of time.

No :(

snatch and clean more

this

That sure would be swell.

depends on the purpose of the pulls and how your technique is when going heavier with them

or even better, do both "blocks" but have each "block" last only a week
have a couple of minor variations to have 2-3 "blocks" of each and now you have a 4-6 week cycle of lifting that provides
>WEEKLY UNDULATING PERIODIZATION
with little risk of boredom or overuse injuries or stagnation

Bump

Booomp

I just wanna be stronger guys

with good form, exactly 0.0 (zero point zero) pounds.

Currently on week 3 of everetts 2014 american open cycle program which was one of the few free ones.

Anyone have experiences with it? I really push myself for 5rm's then try to do the back off sets without decreasing weight.

Also anyone have tips on increasing strength? Ive been snatching and cleaning for almost four years and my technique is dialed in, but feeling like I should progress more. Extremely frustrating when your snatch has only gone up 10kg in 3 years.. Also only recently started to take training seriously and not skip days so that may be it.

Bw 75kg 85s/105c+j

What are your squats and pulls at? Show us videos of the lifts to assess technique as well

Also, how tall are you?

Ive used the oly calculator and my pulls/squats are around 135kg. Daily max snatch and c+j are 80/100. Most of my lifts fit the ratios (powers, front squat) so i can only assume its my strength.

I squat deep and train pretty hard 5x a week with accessories after too. Ive been told by others i have great positions and speed. But my damn lifts are not increasing.

Everetts program has alot of variations and complexes but i can only assume i may need to find a strength based wl program?

Also i was really inconsisent with lifting for my first two years (taking days off) and didnt ever follow a complete program so im really trying to discipline myself towards something that can increase my lifts.

Also i am 5'9, around 75kg

Yeah, get stronger. Also, gain weight. You should be a 94 at that height.

Just taking lifting seriously will help as well.

Ty for advice. Gonna stick with everetts program but really push myself with squats/pulls. Also probably gonna invest in creatine and whey.

400? Seriously ?

Say my old snatch was 79kg and my max power is 109kg can I plz have a 200 Sinclair ?

bump!

>tfw squat jerking is only 25 years away from becoming the dominant style, even in North America

>tfw in the 1950s people used to split snatch and squat jerk

>tfw Oly will become FastSquatSport by 2043 and everybody failing to use the squat variations of both lifts will not make it

Having said that I undoubtedly have the worst snatch in this thread
>goodbye friends

squat jerk will never be relevant as even the best squat jerkers still give inconsistent performances because it is an inferior position and less efficient as you do 2 full squats as opposed to 1 and a split

how the fuck do you not have a 200 sinclair with a 109 snatch

My first bar just arrived today and is oily as fuck. Redpill on this

gee its almost as if an oil layer protects from oxidation or something like that

yeah, but this is grotty levels.

then get a cleaner to remove the oil layer

are you this decrepit and incapable christ almighty man

Fuck man, it's my first bar and I wasn't expecting this shit. I came for some knowledge. Fuckin sue me

and I told you why it was on the bar

then you complain more

what fuckin more do you want

Should of told him to rub his dick on it

they used to think the squat clean or squat snatch would never be relevant
>less efficient as you do 2 full squats as opposed to 1 and a split
can you do a barbell lunge with as much weight as you can do a squat to the same depth?

>Tfw 69 at that height

What is that, 305 freedoms?

Naturally she sumo pulls it, because she can't keep her legs together.

wew my leg extension on cleans fucking blows

I feel powerless above mid thigh and extend too early

>Should of

How is your day going? What you training today?

Front squat and hyperthrophy today

snatch quadruples (2 from floor, 2 from hang), only go up to 80kg or so but still kinda tiring

then squat 7s and some assistance work

clean pull+power clean+ Power jerk
Snatch pull+ power snatch
some other work that i can't remember

>vagene
O P E N B O B

lol

How normal is knee, shoulder and hip pain in wl? I have been doing general strength stuff for about a year (while practicing the oly lifts with minimal weight to perfect form) and I am now 2 weeks into my first wl program and my joints hurt to the point where bodyweight squats are difficult when I am "cold". So, is this normal?

rest day, deloading on squats

It was CNJ, Clean pulls and F. Squat day (which is my favorite) but I had a fucking headache and after each CNJ it became worse, after the 3rd set I had to quit because the pain was so bad I couldn't focus. Not 1 single good rep was performed. This shit fucking sucks

wed, so cleans then deads as main, dips pullups ohp for accessories
week 1 of 4 so heavy 3x3, gonna do sets across and amrap the last

in Russia this guy wouldve been hanged

How poor is my ankle mobility?

Seriously ?

How the fuck am l supposed to hold the bar for snatch