How come people who have healthy diets & exercise often don't outlive average people significantly...

how come people who have healthy diets & exercise often don't outlive average people significantly? its basically unnoticeable.
The average life expectancy in most 1st world countries is around 80something, and they eat like shit and don't exercise. We don't see vegan athletes living to 120 or 110 on average.

>Some studies do not show that vegetarians live significantly longer.25,29 Two studies of people who consumed very little meat showed an average life-span increase of 3.6 years.39 A huge study of Seventh Day Adventists who ate little or no meat showed longevity increases of 7.28 years in men and 4.42 years in women.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwon_Ri-se
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>healthy diet
>vegan atheletes
Nope.

Anyway, life expectancy, after taking away poverty and malnutrition and obvious risk like smoking, is 90% genetics.

>how come people who have healthy diets & exercise often don't outlive average people significantly?
But they do. You're just looking at the wrong research.
Any research aiming to figure out what the best diet is for example is going to be messed up by confounders.
However, try looking at epidemiological research on what it means to be obese. You'll realize that having such unhealthy eating habits is pretty much no different from a slow systematic suicide.

It's easy to find a big difference between super healthy people and super unhealthy people. When you move in towards the middle, there are too many factors disturbing the picture.

On a related note, a vegan diet hasn't really been proven to be "healthier". Those who claim so are misinterpreting and/or misrepresenting the research.

Ultimately the human body can only live so long until it has to stop. Modern age limits are almost entirely due to modern medicine than any conscious effort by individuals.

What you can change however is how you spend that time. The vast majority will spend their final years barely aware of the world around them, not enjoying any meaningful life, and costing everyone around them vast resources to fund their healthcare in times of dwindling resources.

Some however, through effort and discipline, will remain able and energetic until their final days, before croaking suddenly but peacefully one morning in bed, having lived fully each day up to it.

So no, you may not breathe any longer than anyone else, but you will live longer than them.

Check out Jack LaLanne

>What you can change however is how you spend that time
Ain't that the truth.
Having worked in a hospital, I've seen where smoking and eating too much takes you. It ain't pretty. You may live almost as long (you won't, really) thanks to modern medicine, but your quality of life goes right down the shitter.

>how come people who have healthy diets & exercise often don't outlive average people significantly?
Because "science" about "health" is a fucking snake oil scheme.

Anything you know about "modern" health shit is wrong anyway. You see, people until the World Wars though vegetables and fruit were actually BAD for you and they still had a life expectancy in the middle to late 70s (example: Victorian England, but people even in antiquity lived into their 80s).

Nobody knows shit, basically. Well, are fruit and veggies healthy? No clean study about it, so we don't know. Do you get acne and caries form sugar? No clean study about it, so we don't know (caries = sugar is actually from a flawed Swedish study decades ago, during a time when Scandis didn't brush their teeth at all, no joke). Is meat unhealthy? Does grilling give you cancer? How about smoking?

The answer is always the same: We have never done a clean study about it. So we don#t know.

But "We don't know" doesn't sell magazines, supplements and food, so we got some faux-scientists together, did some epidemological studies - which are completely unrelated when it comes to nutrition and sports anyway - and now we can give you a new "perfect" diet and workout every 10 years.

Isn't modernity great?

>caring about living until you're 100
why

Because we have the technology to keep unhealthy fucks alive far longer than they should be.
And those healthy people will have a much higher quality of life, especially into their old age.
Would you rather live to be 100, hooked up to machines for the last 50 years of your life, or be perfectly healthy until you drop dead one day at 85?

Yeah but your quality of life is gonna be significant better. I have relatives in their 70s who are in better physical and mental shape than unhealthy people in their 40s. They're still sharp and full of life.
But if you wanna feel like garbage from 40 to 80, being sick and unable to use your body then be my guest.

I dont care if I live longer. I care how I feel today. Healthy diet and exercise makes me feel sharp and energetic.
Smoking, drinking, eating pizza and playing video games all day makes me feel like shit
You live today, so how you feel today is most important brehs

There have been studies on people that have had to go **major** calorie deficits due to wartime scarcity that have shown on average, people that have effectively been starved at some point when they are young will live longer

iirc, the idea is that the body has to go into real survival mode and somehow that slows down the aging process or helps safeguard organs against failure down the line

Even if you believe in afterlife, you should still want to experience the game here as long as possible.

Only get 1 life in the physical universe. There's so much content in the game you can't even fit it all in a lifetime.

lol, bet most people would kill themselves if they were not pussies

My grandparents drank and ate like shit their whole lives. Fat and sedentary. Once they got to late 60s and past 70 they can't do anything or control themselves. They can't do anything but sit around and shit themselves. If you don't

suicide is cowardly and irrational, always has been, always will be.

Wear out vs rust out.
Be healthy and active for 80 years and get the flue and die or be fat, inactive, live off of drugs and medication and die SLOWLY in a bedf or 15 years till you die at 80.

You choice!

>Seventh Day Adventists
They actually lie about how healthy they are and their longevity.

This is on record.

Veganism won't make you live appreciably longer, mainly because most vegans lie about what they eat and the veganism only shifts from one form of over consumption that destroys the body to another form of over consumption that destroys the body.

they lie about their mortality rates?

>caries form sugar
You actually do, we know it happens.
We've seen entire peoples who don't brush or eat modern foods with amazing teeth. Take a look at what happened to the aboriginals teeth after they were "gifted" with sugar and bleached flour.

Everything they have from them is self reported.

This, on average (here in cucknada at least) people spend the last ten years of their life in some sort of degenerative illness. I’d rather have those last ten years be healthy rather sick and miserable

Well are you speaking vegan athlete VS normally healthy lifestyle Joe or vegan athletes VS smoking drinking never working out obese guy?

Old people today didn't live the lifestyle or eat the shit diet of modern fatties. I bet we'll see the difference once the obese computer and TV-sitting generation starts hitting old age in greater numbers

This girl is dead.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwon_Ri-se

I would rather die young and Veeky Forums than fat and miserable

>You see, people until the World Wars though vegetables and fruit were actually BAD for you

They knew long before the world wars that fruits cured scurvy. There has been no moment in history where people thought vegetables and fruit was bad for you you fucking retarded lying piece of shit.

implying people are rational, especially during whatever hardships

They do, that's basically what the life expectancy difference between people of low education and high education accounts for. Don't know numbers from your country but in my country the difference is about 7-10 years.

>A vegan diet hasn't really been proven to be "healthier".
Fucking this, humans are omnivores for a reason. It's the balance of the two that's most healthy.