Beginner weights

Is it normal to only being able to lift like 20-30 lbs as a beginner? I feel like a massive faggot in the gym

We all start somewhere. You’re only a faggot if you give up

If your crotch gazing maybe you are one

True, I will stick to it but it's still depressing. Should I stack up 5lbs per week?

What lift? Deadlift? Squat? Curl?
Doesn't really matter. Stop being a massive faggot by thinking you're being a massive faggot for starting somewhere in the gym.

No, you're weaker than the average fellow.
But you waste your time on imageboards on a computer, so what did you expect?

If you’re being consistent, yea

Most free weight exercises (curls, rows, side raises, overhead press, ...). I can do more weight on lat pulldown machine for example (like 90lbs)

Yes, it's normal.
No, you're not a faggot (unless you quit)
No one can say anything if you keep coming back every week, because what can they say? "Haha, this guy is lifting light weights, consistently, to get stronger! What a faggot!"

you're definitely below average, but that does not mean you're not going to make it. I started near where you are and bench: 270 squat: 370 ohp: 165 deadlift: 385. you may never be the strongest motherfucker in the gym, but you can always be stronger than you were the day before.

Pay attention to form if you do.

Weight > Form is asking for bad development or injury

I couldn't even do ONE proper pushup when I started. Just eat and sleep well and keep at it, user, you'll be amazed.

>tfw can only curl 25
>even ten reps is rough

I'm so fucking weak fuck. Not giving up though

I just started as well and can only do 23kg on the pulldown machine and use like ~8-12kg for curls/overhead/db bench so you're doing fine I think

Can't even do a pullup and Deadlift about 80kg and haven't attempted a proper bench or squat cos im afraid of looking like a retard and have no spotter for barbell bench, last time i tried it with a friend and struggled with 35kg

>tfw can only curl 20
>started with like 10

we are all gonna make it brah, eventually

t-total or DBs?

>270 bench
>385 deadlift
What is proportion

dumbbells breh

You're only a faggot if you give up.
Keep going to the gym keep adding weight and gainz will arrive.

how come i curl like 12 kg but dumbbell press like 20kg without problem

Thanks guys, I needed this. I wont give up.

Stop caring about the others in the gym. They don't care about you so don't bother caring about then

Do 5x5 program of your choice for 3 months (not for much longer) then and only then do something else

Yes it is normal tho people who have gone through this progress sometimes dont aknowledge it.
I just started out too and was deadlifting today, duo to having 4 hours of sleep i think, I failed at third rep. Unloaded 10 pounds to finish the set and noticed these buff faggots kinda staring and chuckling. Honestly, I just felt good for not leaving the gym and finishing my overall shitty workout. Be consistant and you'll make it.

Bc ur shoulders should be stronger than ur biceps?
The fuck question is this, 20 kg press is garbage too

I can bench 240lb and can barely pull 310lb, my proportions are even worse. My rows are fine though. Must be my lower back and hamstrings that are weak as fuck.

That's a very normal curl weight to start at.

Yea I don't get this, I'll see people do some retarded shit but I never laugh, even if I'm with a group of mates. I was treated with respect when I started lifting, so i make sure to treat others with the same respect.

12kg is pretty good for high reps if your form is strict.

thanks desu

do you train your hips and lower back at all?

those guys are retards if they were actually laughing at you and not talking about something else and you just misinterpreted it.

Don't skip your curls. I can bench 260 and diddylift 360 but can only curl 30s for 10.

I'm one month in, here are my stats.
>OHP
Bar only (20 kg)
>Squat
60 kg
>Barbell Row
40 kg
>Bench
50 kg

No deadlifts on my routine yet. All those exercises are 3x6, except squats that are 4 sets instead.

We all start somewhere. I don't give a flying fuck about what other people think.

The only thing I do that would even remotely hit lower back is squats. I stopped doing deadlifts because whenever I try going heavy I feel like my back will snap. Getting it off the floor is the hardest part for me.

I will try getting deadlifts back into my program, because I know I can't keep ignoring them. I just fucking hate them though.

Try putting plates on the floor and deadlifting off of those. Having the weight inch or two off the floor really helps with that. I had similar problems.

How the heck is your row so much weaker than your bench?

'Atta boy, get them fuckin gains

Thanks, I'll try that next time I do diddlys.

Because they are not even related?

i swear to fucking god my 50kg friends that start working out can rep the bar for like 6-8 reps the moment they first step in the gym how the actual fuck are you even that weak

I'm doing OHP right after benching, so maybe I'm a bit tired. Also, I do it slowly focusing on hypertrophy not strength.

Started squating with just the bar 4 months ago, i know squat 95kg 5x5, dont give up!

>
the bar is 20kg and this breh is pushing 50kg, what are you saying senpai?