Who's responsible for tricking so many people on this board into thinking fasting is actually a good idea

Who's responsible for tricking so many people on this board into thinking fasting is actually a good idea

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HnYAIDAFSLs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271639/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049515003340
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is a good movie

people on Veeky Forums and pretty stupid by and large
they'll pretty much believe anything they're told

It was me, I did it.

>people are pretty stupid by and large
>they'll pretty much believe anything they're told

ftfy

>implying fasting doesn't work

I think it started as a simple joke but then people started running with the idea and making threads about it to fuck with newfags.

fasting is healthy actually, but thats if you do it on the afternoon a few hours

not going one week without eating shit

fasting is great you fatty

Yeah, he's vegetable man.

multiple studies

There's no better way to lose weight.

Fasting works, I fast 48 hours on the weekend and 0MAD the rest of the week and have lost 30lbs in 43 days, all fat. Strength has gone up, heart rate and BP way down, and rock hard boners every morning (I am 35 yrs old)

Goy, don't fast.

Fast is bad.

You need to eat six times a day and buy my magic pills to lose weight goy.

Intermittent fasting is fine, fasting for days at a time and eating once a day is for mega lardbuckets that are unwittingly developing eating disorders

>stop eating when you gain weight
>eating disorder

Jewish and Christians both traditionally fast on a regular basis. Can't blame this all on Jews, just google anything to do with spending money to lose weight, there are millions of results. Even on here, there are so many absolute retards that are willing to spend a lot of money to buy illegal black market drugs with severe and sometimes permanent side effects, even risk of death, just to lose weight (and more lbm) at a slower rate than just not fucking eating for a few days.

If you're not obese, there's never a reason to stop eating for days at a time. Nice strawman though retard

the kings of fasting are the africans anyways

It's a meme that went too far, like the vegans. It's probably vegans shilling it as well since they're so gullible.

Not a strawman, just referring to
>fasting for days at a time and eating once a day is for mega lardbuckets that are unwittingly developing eating disorders
>mega lardbuckets that are unwittingly developing eating disorders
>unwittingly developing eating disorders
Not eating when you gain weight until it's off isn't an eating disorder.

Thanks doc

>no one ever posts progress pics in those fasting threads
Really makes you think, doesnt it?

There's hundreds of before and afters of ppl losing a shit ton of weight and curing various health problems. Not sure what you're talking about.

Developing habits that lose weight but are overall an unhealthy process for your body is an eating disorder. Fasting can be done in a good way. But “not eating until Im skinnier” is not always effective. Your metabolism is a fire. A fire needs wood (food) and oxygen (exercise) for the cycle to burn strong. Ive fastes myself and like it but am weary of the possible downsides of having no incoming nutrition for periods of time.

Eating until you are obese is an eating disorder.

>“not eating until Im skinnier” is not always effective.

It is effective 100% of the time.

> but are overall an unhealthy process for your body
How is fasting "overall an unhealthy process for your body"?
>Your metabolism is a fire. A fire needs wood (food) and oxygen (exercise) for the cycle to burn strong.
Then why does your metabolism increase the first few days of fasting, user?

Yes, how's that related to this discussion about fasting?

hey /fast/tards, answer my this:
provide evidence that you can build muscle during prolonged fasting, as your OP copypasta claims
>inb4 "but muh snake man said so"
>inb4 study on IF (which is totally different)

one kid posted them
he went from skinnyfat dyel to slightly less fat skinnyfat syel
>b-b-but muh abs

>provide evidence that you can build muscle during prolonged fasting, as your OP copypasta claims
Provide evidence that the OP of claims that.

>>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
>This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.
Well that was easy.

Where does that say anything about building muscle, user?

>your body
>very anabolic
>when you fast
hmm i wonder

>>>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
>hurf durf dis mean u can build muscle

I'm also 35 years old. The difference is, I don't report the status of my boner to a bunch of teenage boys on the internet.

I fucking swear all the IF and keto threads are coordinated shilling, this is a fitness board, why are these literal mom science diets allowed on this board in the first place.

Ok, so you're admitting it is purposefully misleading? Because "very anabolic" literally means it promotes muscle synthesis.
Now, why don't you show me proof (and the IF study that the general cites doesn't count, because IF and prolonged fasting are completely different things) that you can maintain muscle during prolonged fasting?

You're such a grown up

>shilling
Yeah, lots of money to be made from people not eating or primarily eating the highest calories/money food.

Funny how obsessed you are with prolonged fasting when the OP makes no claims about that.

Prolonged fasting is for weightloss. If you're a fatty that has to fast for a long time you have other worries than building muscle.

You'll learn, kid. I'm 35 1/2 so maybe you'll pick up some lessons by the time you're my age.

Why, are you some kind of gay fag or something?

If not being sexually attracted to boys makes me a gay fag, then yes, I'm a flaming pillow biter with a big raw asshole from all the squirting penises I beg men to put into me.

>Funny how obsessed you are with prolonged fasting
Because usually /fast/tards spout bullshit like "DO A 30 DAY FAST, YOU'LL BUILD MUSCLE BECAUSE THE OP SAYS IT'S ANABOLIC". At least you had the decency to admit that's not the case.
>when the OP makes no claims about that.
Not directly, no, but the vast majority of discussion in those threads is not about IF, and when you talk about "fasting" you aren't referring to IF. As such, the OP is wildly misleading.
Bonus points concerning that part: "very anabolic" is in strong contrast with "maintain muscle mass", so even if we assume the OP intends to talk about IF, it's full of shit.
>Prolonged fasting is for weightloss. If you're a fatty that has to fast for a long time you have other worries than building muscle.
That is true and I agree that fasting is good for losing weight if you don't care much about muscle.
What pisses me off is when fatties say you can fast for a long time and gain, or at least maintain, muscle. Because, you know, the OP says so.

Not developing healthy eating habits and instead resorting to auto-starvation to lose weight is an eating disorder dude

using reddit type replies instead of just calling him a fucking retard
>opinion dropped

>Because usually /fast/tards spout bullshit like "DO A 30 DAY FAST, YOU'LL BUILD MUSCLE BECAUSE THE OP SAYS IT'S ANABOLIC".
Link 1 (one) posts that says this.

>eating the way humans evolved
>not healthy
What are you on about?

Regular fasting is a healthy eating habit though.

I'm on about 5 grams of ketamine.

Are you fucking retarded?
People here all talk about what kind of fasting they do and how they do it.

No one here has said anything about strict fasting building huge amounts of muscle mass here. Neither directly or indirectly.

Intermittent fasting while exercising will build a lot of muscle mass while decreasing fat though.

I hereby officially claim that fasting builds muscle. The less you eat, the bigger your muscles get.

It was a good lesson on teaching people not to believe everything they read on the internet but a real pity about all those gains lost forever, like tears in the rain.

it happens all the fucking time you tards

fasting is a tool and most idiots don't understand the concept of utilizing it

youtube.com/watch?v=HnYAIDAFSLs

>was 185 at the beginning of december
>fast some
>now I'm 168 and my lifts have still gone up

Fasting is p okay desu senpai

>Reversing what he has to quote and not
Opinion discarded.

Intermittent fasting sure, not for days at a time

>Appeal to nature
nice meme dude

>0MAD
Most people are too retarded to understand the concept so they get use to eating a very large meal which is what fat people do. Stretching your stomach to accommodate more food is completely retarded just eat small.

niggas giving themselves eating disorders to lose 3 pounds lmao

what's wrong with intermittent fasting? my work schedule lets me do 2 meals in 6 hours and that's more than enough

IF is how I effortlessly maintain 10-12% bf
It's not a meme

The only one I've seen on Veeky Forums was of a dude losing a metric shit-ton of muscle mass. I even brought that up, and the dude somehow thought that losing 15+ lbs of LBM wasn't that bad.

Intermittent Fasting and sub 48 hour fasts are fine so long as you get enough food to cover those periods or stay within a reasonable deficit. After that point, your body turns to glycogen then muscle considering fat cannot be utilized fast enough. No good studies exist for relatively average body fat participants over a long period because it's an obviously stupid idea.

Keto:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271639/
>sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0026049515003340

IF:
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/

Keto and IF factually result in less muscle loss during heavy caloric deficits. This is proven. It doesn't make you burn more calories, just allows you to cut harder without losing strength and muscle.

t. assmad dbol-abusing fatass

>35 and a half and bragging about how grown up he is to a bunch of teenage boys on a image board

>glycogen then muscle considering fat cannot be utilized fast enough.
Sources?
I'm curious
Also LBM is usually the glucose and water teh muscle has stored, not actual muscle mass.

>considers fasting great
>calls others fatty
consider that /fast/ is full of fatties, retards, and skellies. IF is fine and 3 week water fasts are also fine, but only if you're a fatty (such as >You)

Fasting actually feels really good. I fasted at a three day retreat where I was meditating a lot and it was incredible. But then afterwards I dealt with a lot of random anxiety attacks (which I’ve never gotten before), fatigue and general cognitive sluggishness. Pretty sure it whacked out my cortisol levels. So, fasting is definitely not the cure-all that the dopey guy in those snake videos says it is.

Your faggot ass probably ran out of electrolytes, bitch-ass hoe. Shoulda been sippin tha snekjuice. Also the first fast is the hardest.