Pescatarian diet

Anyone here a pescatarian? I recently had a benign mass in my throat discovered that makes it hard to swallow dense meats (chicken, steak, some pork) and was highly recommended to go on a pescatarian diet/vegetarian diet. I can’t have soy because I’m allergic to it, so most of my protein is going to be fish and things like beans. Any tips or resources anyone would recommend?

Not pescatarian but I eat fish every day.

Don't be scared to reheat that shit. It tastes fine.

What kind of fish? I can’t find any reliable sources on mercury poisoning, or how much I can eat a day, and both RD’s gave me conflicting advice.

Get an airfryer, one with lower temparutes as well so you can defrost frozen fish and eat it for maximum protein per penny.

Just chew your fucking food more

If you aren't eating like swordfish, shark, tuna, king makeral every day, mercury is irrelevant.

I usually eat flounder or Yellowfin

Mercury bioaccumulates in measureable amounts only in predatory fish that have relatively long lifespans. Fish like mackarel, salmon, sardines etc that don't live so long and/or are not eating other fish are a-ok.
As for other sources of easy to eat protein my go-to is poached egg whites. I use those silicone poaching pods for maximum cleanness of protein.

I have those pods too! Are they green?

So I can eat salmon, sole, anchovies, and sardines every day and be fine?

I live in the suburbs, what's a good place to buy quality fish?

If there ain't any fishmongers in your area then you're pretty much limited to buying frozen filets and the like at your local supermarket.

What state?

Texas. I could drive 20 - 30 minutes to get to the nearest asian markets and fishmongers, but it just seems weird to drive that far for groceries.

Yeah, your probably stuck with super market fish.

Find a specialty/organic grocery store with a good meat counter

Crack open a can of D E E N Z

Pic related is great if you can eat eggs. If you can't, that's fine, just season sardines however you want. Here's an idea I stole from Andrew Weil: mash a can of drained sardines in a bowl with a couple tablespoons minced onion and however much mustard makes you happy. I like it on knackebrot, but you can eat it on regular bread if crackers hurt.

As for beans, Google 'cowboy caviar'. Eat it with a spoon, it's delicious.

No, just cut your steak, and chew it longer in your mouth.

There are ways to prepare meat to have an extremely soft texture , even softer than fish. Perpahs you should research said cooking methods before you rush to limit yourself

I literally need to turn it into ground chuck.

I’ll eat the occasional hamburger/ground meat or souse vide but I’d rather not have to breakout the grinder or hot bath when prepping. I live in a small town, so quality meats are kinda hard to come by that are already prepped like that.

Get it fucking removed don't change your lifestyle for it. I had a growth removed from my uvula 2 years ago, it was a quick "procedure" which involved a pair of scissors.

This is right under my epiglottis, and will cost $10,000 because lol Kaiser Permanente

Then eat the cheapest mushed slop for however long it takes to you save 10 grand. Are you really comfortable with a random growth in your throat?

I got a piece biopsied and it’s benign, so for the time being yes. I’m a college student, so all of my money is going to that and rent, so I’m already scrimping. I’ll get it removed eventually, but for the time being I want to try and eat somewhat good until I either have saved up, or they offer me a financial plan with a low interest rate. I’ll be able to afford it if I get the job I want, which there is a pretty good chance I’ll get it as I’ve interned with them and have been recommended by the staff. I’ll probably have better insurance by then too, as it’s going to be a hospital job.

My gf is a fishytarian and she's 5'9'', 105 lbs soaking wet. Would not recommend it.

HEB usually has good frozen and non-frozen fish. I'd check them out first

Yup, with three sort of lips with holes in them. I get them from Lee Valley.

He really careful about heavy metals and listen to this guy .

Depends on the amount you eat, my friend. Basically if you have one can of pink salmon, bluefin tuna, and sardines are your friend. Now, if you are asking how much of any of that you can eat in a day and not have to worry about mercury levels... well, then I would say your best bet is to just eat one serving of one of those items a day and leave it at that. Best of luck, user.

Chicken breasts taste like shit. Trading meat for fish sounds based af.

Each fish you've listed can be eaten like twice per month, unless you want mercury poisoning. Also the dioxins in factory farmed fish are worse than eating fucking chickens. How retarded you'd have to be to be pescatarian blows my fucking mind.

Name a fish suitable for human consumption that isn't a predator

Anchovies, mackerel, sardines, etc. it is then.

Pescatarian here. I eat 7.5 oz of salmon every day.

Pic related.

When I did a diet overhaul I heavily considered which fish I should eat and how much. I settled for sockeye salmon. It has 1/9th the mercury levels of tuna.

The EPA suggests limiting your mercury consumption to .7 micrograms/kg a week- this is particularly target at pregnant women.

I did the weird formula, too tired to go into it right now, and it turns out that equates to 1.7 ounces of light tuna a day, or 15+ ounces of salmon.

Given that 7.5 ounces of salmon equates to 48g of protein (see ), you should be good to go.

>I can’t have soy because I’m allergic to it
H I G H T E S T
I
G
H
T
E
S
T

How to be a billionaire ez
>make a solution to remove heavy metals and pollutants from meat (pork and chicken especially have estrogenic properties)
>make a solution to remove estrogen from soy and dairy

Smaller, oily fish are the best in terms of nutrition and avoidance of mercury. Sardines, herring, chub mackerel, smelt, etc.

Give 'er the deenz!