Deadlifting for the first time today

>Deadlifting for the first time today
>Back hurts like shit when I put the bar down
>Like a lumbar disc pain
Did I just purchase a non-refundable 1-way ticket to snap city?

you very well may have, if you actually herniated a disc on your first working set of deadlifts in your life you are incredibly unlucky

seek medical attention if it doesn't go away soon

how much did you lift?

1pl8

No that's pretty normal. Make sure you're engaging your hamstrings so your lower back isn't doing everything.

unless you jerked it i doubt you injured yourself but if it still hurts tomorrow morning maybe you fucked up

no, that's not "pretty normal"

pain in your lower back (not soreness, PAIN) is not fucking normal after a deadlift and indicates that something has gone seriously wrong

4plate

if you lifted more than 80kg/180lbs on your first ever deadlift you could have definitely injured yourself. form is very important for deadlift lift light until you get it down

Recovery will most likely take a couple of weeks, don't do anything that hurts and go to a doctor if the acute pain doesn't go away within a couple of days.

Perform unweighted back extensions, romanian deadlifts with just the bar and glute bridges to aid recovery (if you can do them without pain of course).

>deadlifted for first time today
>used lower weight than I know I can lift because not an idiot and just wanted to establish form
>back feels great

t. never lifted anything ever

ok enjoy snapping your shit little guy

Bad form

Kill yourself

Is this sumo or conv.? looks like a hybrid, just curious.

Those must be hollow plastic since you dont look muscular at all lol

hes actually really big desu

Grab the weight and hip thrust 45 degrees upwards. That's how you Deadlift. You on the other hand tried to pull your back upwards against the weight while your legs pushed up. The result is that the full center of mass became your mid-back because you were effectively doing a Good Morning off the floor, so yes, you did go to snap city. It's impossible to hurt your back if you're doing the lift properly since the weight cannot impinge your back as it's instead being directly balanced around your hips at its center of mass.

Pic for reference.

thank

Its just muscle soreness in your back. Work your lower back regularly to get it stronger and core too. That will help

Brainlet here. Could you explain a bit more? What do you mean by hip thrusting 45 degrees?

Nah trust me, if you gained unrefundable back pain, you wouldn't be on Veeky Forums asking if you got unrefundable back pain, you'd be in the hospital wanting to die.

Go on position of "scarico" on the left, it discharges the weight you put during the day, you should go on discharge potition 10 m in the morning and 10 min in the evening

deadlift, not even once.

which muscles does deadlift work more than other exercises? What is the point of doing it?

>tfw always feels like i'm using my lower back when doing deadlifting

is this normal?

It works more muscles at the same time than any other exercise. It's one of the best compound exercises you can do. It's also actually useful, because it improves your posture and helps when you need to lift a regular object from the ground.

Spinal erectors
From a bodybuilding standpoint it will make you wider
Genetally it's just really fun to do

I don't lift 200kg off the ground and then just do nothing with it though. If I can lift it, I should be able to carry it or something. I was thinking of doing light deadlifts maybe, but I don't know what benefit they will have.

As for working more muscles at once, I have plenty of time and I am not sure what muscles they work that I don't already work.

How does it improve posture? My stomach sticks out a bit at the bottom, but not sure deadlifts will fix it. Rest of posture is fine, shoulders are fine, etc.

when I set up correctly, bar over mid foot, dont move bar and so forth, my torso is parallel to the floor. I have to use a wide stance else my arms are not straight and that makes me even go deeper. I messed up my back really bad 3 months ago that way and since been doing romanians to fix form and back strength, but now I like them so much I wonder if I should do normal deadlifts again.

>messed up back
>doing romanians
rly nigga? like... do not! it's worse for your back this way

hm I cant say really. I figured I need to strengthen it in order to make the deadlifts and romanians give me more control somehow. I can use a narrower stance and my back angle is not as narrow as with regular DL.

Why don't you just start off lighter and work your way though deadlifts with proper form and linear progression?

Look at his hand position, inside of knees. Its sumo no matter how you cut it.

I tried but I swear my body refused to put itself into the position where it snapped even with 1 plate lol. it was really bad first my middle snapped then my lower then I even twisted my knee. both buttcheeks went numb and I was in a world of pain for a week.

He big he just has narrow shoulder so he does look big when he holds the bar like that

You can't see the labels/colors on the plates after 20kg ones, but it looks more than 160kg because of the bend

This looks like 200kg max. You can't just turn it black and white and pretend you're pulling 6 plate man.