Veeky Forums I want to know how to build character. How do you build character in this day and age?

Veeky Forums I want to know how to build character. How do you build character in this day and age?

Inb4 read the sticky..

put yourself through hardship and adversity without bitching. grow from it and you gain character. just don't be a pussy

stop being some pseudo anarchist/fucktherulesfag like all the other stupid kids

What kind of character are you looking to build, m8?

today i learned stephen hawking has character

hey mate, if you want to be have a normie character you have to look good. then set up a social media account.

however If you want to have a respectful character then you have to work hard for whatever kind of respect you want. If you want to be admired by the masses, find a way to be a great politician.

by all means though having a character is a meme.

Spend time completely alone--not talking to anyone--without any use of electronics for a week or two. Complete abstinence. Your welcome I just gave you a years worth of character.

>Purposefully putting yourself through hardship
Don't do this kek. Be grateful for what you have and deal with problems as they come along. As they surely will.

But most of all don't take advice from strangers on a Chinese basketweaving forum on how to live your life.

Transformation of character only comes at the center of the cross, where faith in Being is truly tested.
Confront your demons. Take personal responsibility for every single thing that's gone awry in your life.
Listen to As Nietzsche said, slavery is the intermediary between childhood and freedom. Learn that self-discipline. Wisdom, willpower, self-discipline, and character are all the same element.

Also I forgot to add that you obviously can't work because you not allowed to interact or see anyone. I recommend camping or something far from civilization.

>How do you build character in this day and age?
Roll 5d6 and drop the lowest two results for ability scores

Accepting failure and knowing/understanding failure. Maybe my opinion is ridiculous.

Fuck. I'm worried about being honest on here but I'm putting myself through hell these days and it's fucking me up...

Veeky Forums is a d100 roll-under system, you mong.

I have a really demanding job. I can't take time off right now because of work/projects

>d100
Degenerate as fuck.

>calling the most manly tabletop degenerate

I'm a junior sys admin and I feel like shit and undervalue myself when I beat senior admins/engineers get awesome projects and I'm in a junior role. I want more than this and my boss knows.

He pointed out in a meeting we are all equal. I don't know. Veeky Forums this is really bothering me. Why am I comparing myself to someone who has been in the field years, years longer than me...

Well you don't have to do it now just remember it. A person needs time to themselves away from modern distractions. Otherwise they'll end up a neurotic mess of a personality like the majority of people today. Relaxed time alone and away from negative traps has an invaluable affect on your character and personality. Something impossible to buy

Rule 4 of Dr Peterson's new book, my dude.

>peterson
Enjoying your daddy figure, cuck?

This is good advice. Try backpacking and traveling too OP

Found the Marxist.
>Inb4 "real communism" has never been tried.

Do something that makes you proud and everyone around a little nervous.
Learn another language by spending time where that language is spoken.
Read Veeky Forums's list of classics
Make something, anything it will suck but you'll learn alot about yourself and how to not suck as bad next time around.(this is the only way to success)
Fail faster and learn from the mistakes.
Don't spend more than 5 years in a job if you have to wear a uniform there.
Volunteer, Protip: volunteer as a crew on a trans ocean sailboat.
Learn empathy and employ it in every single interaction.
Meditate (optional but recommend)
Take risks but have a back up plan.

You know that Peterson is anti-Pinochet too, right?
Totalitarianism is totalitarianism.

You know I'm not Peterson right?

Experience

I do know that you were defending him by lifting up the exact kind of ideologue he speaks against.

/pol/ tier dog whistles don't work here friend.
Stop being so negative.

Take on more responsibility in your life.

has the right idea, but I think it would be irresponsible to tell you to put yourself through hardships. That being said, all of the most pleasant-to-be-with people in my life are the people who've suffered the most, and boy have they suffered

respect other people regardless of where they come from or what beliefs they hold regardless of what the autistic DYEL neckbeards on /pol/ say. Always try to be empathetic and considerate. Think before you speak. I was terrible at all this until my caustic personality and values started damaging personal relationships. Try and meditate once a day. It will help you train your mind to not overthink situations. Occam's Razor.

Don't fall for the "just be alpha and MOG the 5'5 DYEL Brah" "just cheat on your gf Brah you even alpha bro?" memes.

There is honor in empathy. There is glory in love and there is majesty in compassion.

this faggot right here is right OP.

Lel, triggered?

Mind your own business. Nothing reveals insecurity and the lack of character as much as a person spewing orders at anyone near them.

>defending him.
I don't recall mentioning him.

ya he does he used be a fully functioning human and now he's on the verge of death doing maths all day

You were responding to a post that was about him and only him.

SS+GOMAD

Make alot of friends and work alot of different jobs and youll build character trying to adapt to different situations

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.