Tfw training for 4 years and never gotten to 1/2/3/4

>tfw training for 4 years and never gotten to 1/2/3/4
>tfw read SS and did it with surplus and protein and didnt get to 2 plate deadlift and 2 plate squat after months
>took years of grinding just to get 1 plate bench
what is my bodies problem? ive also read many accounts of this type of weakness on Veeky Forums where the guy does things mostly right but his results are terrible. its mostly met with derision and accusations of not eating enough, sleeping enough, or working hard enough. I can assure you i've been doing all of them for years and my numbers wont go up. why am i so weak, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't want to click on the webm someone give me a quick rundown

What's your current routine?

more volume bro.

strength comes from pushing muscles to their limits so they adapt to more and more weight.

if you're not progressing need more volume even at lower weights. add volume sets to your lifts. like 2 sets 70% 5rm for 10 after your main sets.

lil monkey down more lil monkeys come with stretcher to ambulance him.

Funy munky do silly ting

Upper Lower split 4x week and some cardio

You might just be doomed to be weak bruh, just go full hypertrophy

eat fucking more and lift heavier fucking weight

>cardio
well that's your problem right there

cardio kills gains

Some men are meant for marathon running and shit and not lifting weights, it's bad genes for lifting on your end, maybe you would be a great long distance runner instead

>tfw could bench 1 plate my first day lifting although a bit struggling
>tfw doing 5 sets of 135x8 by the end of my first 2 weeks lifting

He's obviously fucking up somewhere so he might as well drop the fucking cardio for a few months just to see.

He just has bad genes....... 1 plate bench is literally first week shit

Good monkeys

Post body might help us out.

Try harder

>the way he hands him the blanket at the end
lol monkeys

There is literally no way you can follow starting strength for evebn half a year and not get to 1 pl8 bench. Even for a woman. Yntdp. Did you weigh your food? I bet not

i gained weight consistently during SS and put on muscle, i was just weak.

R u girl

no and i have a hairy manly ass so do not be gay in my thread

For real, you are not doing the fucking program.

I've been on SS for 7 months and fucked around on a cut for 2 months and am still sitting at 1.3/2/2.5/3.5 for reps. And I'm 30 years old single & sleep-deprived from engineering school carrying a 3.7gpa. If I can do it, fucking anybody can.

Drink some milk you weak willed little fuck.

Meant to say 30 years old single dad*

Thanks guys, I just love animals and didn't wanna see any animal gore.

well you're obviously not doing the program because eddie hall had double those numbers

>2 months on a cut
>admittedly sleep deprived, can't do anything about it

I'm fine with my progress. Are you?

>I trained for 4 years
No you didn't
>I did SS
No you didn't
>it took me years of grinding to get 135lb bench
If someone went to the gym and knew fuck all what they were doing, and had no plan, no diet, and no knowledge, they'd accidentally get to over a 1 plate bench.

have you stuck to a program? it's easy to plateau and reach an acceptable level where you stop progressing. you can go to the gym and lift the same weights you've always lifted but you're going to need to push yourself and add on more weight to get stronger

Bro, I'm the same way. Perma-lanklet. I have an auto-immune disorder so I'm pretty sure due to the nature of my condition, I don't absorb nutrition correctly. Literally bad genetics. I don't kno what to say, maybe you can get swole, maybe not. Didn't Buddha say you are judged based on the grace you show when you accept some things aren't for you. Perhaps you can derive self-worth from a different path? I've dedicated myself to guitar, that gives myself and others joy. God take god give, friend.

Damn, the solipsism in this post is palpable. Jesus...

I've been stuck at around 1.5 pl8 bench for a year now. And my other lifts are stagnant too.

Mostly because I was cutting and couldn't go to the gym 3 days a week consistently. Though, my progress was dogshit even before that. I was going to gym 3days a week and bulking hard but I only got fat with very slow/no strength gains.

Some people just aren't destined to make it.

Like,

>"hurr durr, it was hard but I overcame it, so everyone who can't must be lazy"

No, faggot. Facts are, all your ((accomplishments)) are largely the result of luck. You could argue you pushed yourself hard, but it's still bound within the aparmeters of your genetic potential, which is something you did not choose. The problem with your line of reasoning is you are treating your own subjective experience as objective. Everyone has different capabilities of facing the same obstacles, quit dealing with your own cognitive dissonance by simply dismissing others as lazy when they fail to achieve what you have achieved. You have it easier than others faggot because you have gifts you did nothing to personally earn (decent intelligence, physical potential). Face the music.

Try a different program? Maybe some more volume

>could do one plate , whilst struggling
>two weeks later can do 135 for 8 reps
Let’s do that mother fucking math real quick.
>1 plate equals 45 lbs
>45 lbs on each side equals 90 lbs
>90 lbs plus the 45 lb bar equals 135 lbs
>in conclusion
>it took me 2 weeks to lift the exact weight I was already lifting

Shut the fuck up. You don’t need to give advice to anyone. You need to lift goddamn it.

》counting the bar
》never gonna make it

Nigger I measure my dick from the back of the balls too. Every bit matters. I count every goddamn thing I got. I’m a fucking Jew when it comes to my gains goddamn it. Don’t you begrudge me nothing

Literal loser talk
>I didn't succeed so it's something else's fault

Have you ever talked to a loser, and they always have some excuse?

Why can't you hold down a job?
>Manager was terrible, they weren't paying me, they were just using me, dey racist, etc
Why'd you flunk out of one semester of colllege
>I have ADD, teacher was terrible, I was ill, etc
These people never own up to their failures, and they have in fact, even convinced themselves of their own lies. They honestly believe they tried hard, put in effort, did their research, but when you dig a little deeper you see that their story starts to break apart.

t. unproductive and undisciplined bugman

Yes, keep attributing our success to "luck" lmao. Do you blame society for your lack of financial success too?

no matter how you twist it you cannot prove that genetics doesnt play a major role in strength development

Is your form correct? (Did you get checked out by a SSC?)

Do you eat 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight daily?

Do you sleep 8 hours a day?

Do you rest properly between work sets?

Are you training 3 times a week as written?

Are you increasing workset weights correctly? (10/5 lbs for squat/DL, 5/2.5 lbs for Bench/Press)

Are you eating enough?

If no to any of these, you're not doing the program.

And you can’t prove that it does. The only thing we know for sure is that it’s easier for some, and muscles look better on some people than others. Anyone who claims that they “can’t make it” is using the same logic that fat girls use on tumblr.

there are many studies showing muscle and strength development are different from man to man and woman to woman with the same amount of exercise. you are a major brainlet

I think the point he is trying to make is that you personally can't know/prove that you have bad genetics, because its a very general thing.
Yes you may have been training for years with little progress, making it likely you aren't genetically blessed. But it could also be a bunch of other issues. Food, Sleep, Training, Attitude and many others.
So there is no way to prove that you are so genetically limited that you cant make it. The only way is to try, and try and try again.

Anyway, with a bad attitude, your genetics don't matter. You're never gonna make it if you're a sad cunt all the time.

Not really. There aren't many, if any studies for long term hypertrophy. All that's really out there are estimates for genetic heritability of muscle mass in untrained individuals ranging from 25-85%. In exercise science studies, they are generally short term (less than 16 weeks) and are all over the place. The first 2 for untrained individuals that comes to mind is the bicep curl that ranged from -5% to 56% hypertrophy, and the leg press than ranged from 7.5% to 15% hypertrophy. All there really is to go off of is guesses, but if you take 2 random men and put them in a good training program and one happens to be genetically gifted, and one doesn't, you might have one guy doing 2 plate benches and the other doing 1.5 plate benches. That's a far cry from "My genetics suck and that's why I can only bench 75lbs after 5 years of "dedicated" training."

LMAO you fucking pussy, I was a skinny unathletic band nerd in high school and basically spent the next 7 years as a couch potato, probably up to 220lb at 5'10" weak as fuck.

I decided to stop being a pussy (like you) and get my shit together. So I worked hard as fuck. Now I'll have a degree in 3 months, work as a Process Engineer for a global company, and lift 1.3/2/2.5/3.5, which isn't even impressive but more than a faggot pussy like you will ever dream of lifting LMAOOOOOO

Good monkies, no leg press knee machine :)

Have you measured your test levels?
Or you could just be weak.

Hey OP, fellow weakling here. I've been training for 6 years and have only reached 2 plate bench out of the 1/2/3/4. I did this going from a bodyweight of 60kg to 80kg. I've also done several routines such as SL, Madcow, Texas Method, 5/3/1. I've also followed other routines like lyle's generic bulking routine, Upper/lower, PPL and probs some others that i've forgotten. I've mainly been strength focused though.

These days I don't have much motivation to progress, i'm just trying to stick with it for the long run so I don't get weaker at least. Even if my progress is a fourth of my fellow lifters. I guess you just gotta try to become the best version of yourself. While my strength hasn't changed much my body has, so at least i'm getting juicy. I lift almost as much as I did 4 years ago but I look much better.

>Have you measured your test levels?

Given an average woman could easily achieve a 1pl8 bench in 4 years of training you can rule out low test being the major factor in OPs failure.

I suspect OP is actually a troll. I don't know how an able bodied young man could not achieve higher lifts after 4 years if he was following any sort of program.

It took me 7 months to go from 70kg to 83kg. Learn to fucking eat more

Try doing more reps with the weight instead of just adding plates

Always struggled with that1 and these days i'm just maintaining at 70kg. I've kinda given up on getting stronger. I'm lazy as fuck, but lifting is fun.

bad genetics lad (not memeing you)

find a new hobby

>tfw these monkeys probably got beaten to learn that

I don't achieve anything in life and it's not my fault: the post

Are you retarded? I could lift it once my first day and after 2 weeks could do 5 sets of 8 of that weight, holy shit you're fucking stupid

strongerbyscience.com/genetics-and-strength-training-just-different/

you're just shitty at lifting, sorry

don't expect newfags here to understand that lifting has a massive genetic component you'll just get told to eat more or do some meme program or something

What do you mean "never gotten to 1/2/3/4"?

queer

We need to see dat bod, OP. For scientific reasons.

>doing the same thing for years despite consistent failure
your retard