Is sushi Veeky Forums approved?

Is sushi Veeky Forums approved?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/05/19/science/freezing-fish-killing-parasites.html
usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/20/man-pulls-5-and-half-foot-tapeworm-his-body-doctor-suggests-sushi-blame/1050899001/
thesun.co.uk/news/5461104/woman-tapeworm-stomach-parasite-singapore-symptoms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you want tape worms

theres a lot of carbs in it

>being retarded

Is there? I feel like if you add up all the rice from a sushi roll it wouldnt be very much.

Isn't it marginally equal in terms of protein and carbs?

I make this stuff for a living, AMA.

Sushi is great, but only economically (and taste-wise) worth it if you live in either Japan, or Vancouver Canada.

Just eat sashimi then

This

There is a lot more rice than you’d think. Be careful, some rolls can be close to 700 calories.

How can you tell good sushi from bad sushi?

Health-wise, it's fine.
Most of it tastes like utter shit though, so I don't know why you care.

Are you japanese?

True, Vancouver had amazing high-end sushi for less than $10 usd when I visited.

Sushi is delicious, you pleb

Dennis Rodman swore by it (say what you will about his character, but he was THE athletic defender of his era. Had a load of endurance and strength.)

>it's an user learns there's a sushi buffet 5 minutes from his house episode

Were you trained in Japan or directly by a Japanese sushi chef?
Do you work in an authentic ™ sushi restaurant or some Chinese establishment that rips off white people who don't know any better?
Should nori be on the inside or the outside?
How much sugar is in the eel sauce?
Should I mix the wasabi with the soy sauce?
Do I dip rice side down or fish side down?

Really? I'm talking more about the sushi you'd get in OP's pic - comes in packs and the 'rolls' are no bigger then two fingers. You reckon one of those is 700 calories?

Yaki is, but sushi is the most plebian food out there.

>implying

It is god tier bulking food. Basically just fish and rice. Most ideal protein/fat/carb. Just lacks veggies desu but fuck it.

Smell is the biggest sign, it shouldn't smell fishy no matter what anyone tells you. Next is color, If you order something with sauce get the sauce on the side sushi chrgs will try to mask bad sushi with a bunch of sauce.

No, I'm hispanic but people think I look half Japanese/Chinese.

Only if you are bulking.

Not that guy but I've been making sushi for 3 months, worked in sushi restaurants for years.

Most sushi places aren't owned by Japanese. Literally never worked for Japanese, and only worked with 1 chef that was Japanese.

The nori can be on whatever side you like. We usually put rice on the outside for larger specialty rolls, and rice inside for smaller ones. Really just a style thing.

The "correct" way to use wasabi is a small bit directly on the roll, but nobody gives a shit. Half the people I serve can't even use chopsticks.

Dip the fish, not the rice, but again, nobody cares.

Also, if they say they have red snapper 99/100 times they are lying and its actually tilapia. The price is an indicator - cheap red snapper is tilapia.

I was trained by a chef who in his heyday served the emperor.
I worked in a place who yakes their sishi sseriously but desu we have no problem taking advantage og white people. Nori should be on the outside but we make it on the inside because again we serve white people and they want their seaweed on the inside. Tjeres a lot of sugar in the eel sauce, it's their equivalent of our bbq sauce. No you should not mix it and you should not be dipping your sushi in that shit the sushi should be good on it own.

Forgive my typos I'm a little drunk.

Huh, I've heard that a lot of the stuff we get has way too much sugar in it and is prepared differently.
Didn't know it was that different.

Yea its 7g of sugar per tablespoon so avoid that shit.

how does Veeky Forums feel about doughnuts?

Sushi in the states is very Americanized. Lots of deep fried bullshit, American ingredients like mayo, and sugared bullshit.

What am I implying?

Its tasty bro.

Rice bloats me gut though, making it harder to move around, so I only eat them to treat myself, but generally I prefer mashed potatoes over rice as a source of carbs,

>like mayo

No lie, the japs probably like mayo more than americans. They put that shit on everything including sushi.

Sushi as I've had it here in Canada is delicious (east coast, not Vanjewver). I'm not entirely sure it's authentically Japanese techniques and recipes, but it's made by Japanese chefs, right there in front of god and everyone, and definitely contains nori and fish. Are there supposed to be veggies? It comes with veggies. Is there somewhere I can learn to make it TRUE NIPPON WAY?

This. sushianon here again. Everyone wants their shit deepfried and slathered with a bunch of spicy mayo and masked with a bunch of shit that it overpowers the sushi.

I wasn't asked this but if you ever get the chance to learn how to make sushi take it. Gor some reason women love a man who can make exotic shit. I can't count the amout of women I've bagged from just the fact that they know I can make sushi. If you can male a california roll you're in. I cant begin to tell you guys how many women I've fed my Mexican roll to lol

>Everyone wants their shit deepfried and slathered with a bunch of spicy mayo and masked with a bunch of shit that it overpowers the sushi.
This goes at every other place, too. Stupid niggers can't appreciate the natural flavors of food with good seasoning and a little sauce so they drown it in overly strong sauces to the point that it's swimming and soggy. I don't even work at a nice restaurant but it pisses me off, the way people just ruin food like that. I see it as a waste. They may as well just drink the damn sauce.
>t. Subway worker who has seen one too many sandwiches with literally half a bottle or more of southwest on them

Applies to most any food really. Chicks dig cooks/chefs

I live in Vancouver, what place did you go to

only if its
C O M P E D
O
M
P
E
D

>Tape worms
>From the fucking ocean

kys my man.

Vancouver reporting in.
Not him but try Ikura in South Van or Samba in Langley. If you prefer all-you-can-eat, Ninkazu in Richmond and Sanago in Abbotsford are good shit.

I heard in a podcast that this madman was working out after games... Weights and treadmill

I feel like nigiri wouldn't be too bad if you're trying to fill out your macros, but the rolls with all the mayo and sauces on it are a disaster. Nigiri tastes better to me anyways, all the other stuff tends to be a soggy, syrupy mess half the time.

Hell no lol

It actually can happen.

one reason a lot places require wild fish to be flash frozen
nytimes.com/2015/05/19/science/freezing-fish-killing-parasites.html

usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/01/20/man-pulls-5-and-half-foot-tapeworm-his-body-doctor-suggests-sushi-blame/1050899001/

thesun.co.uk/news/5461104/woman-tapeworm-stomach-parasite-singapore-symptoms/

Only if they're jelly-filled

For you

>that will be 300 dollars prease

Was bulking until you got fat part of your plan?

>not wanting tape worms for max cutting
What a bitch

>wasabi
You mean horseradish.

And the problem with carbs is what exactly?

Also, 700 kcal of rice is such a fucking huge amount that if something is 700 kcal it's not because it has "a lot more rice than you’d think".