Saunas

I've been lifting 4 or 5 times a week for almost 2 years now. Only just realized a few weeks ago that my university athletic building has a sauna in it, and have been making great use of it, i.e. directly after every work out for about 15 minutes. The heat is very relaxing, and I have felt no strength related side downsides in the gym the day(s) after. Stretching has slightly improved; hard to tell with only one or two weeks' sample though.

What do other bros think of saunas and their place in training? Do they help your strength/stretching at all? mental state? or just mainly relaxing while you sit in there?

Apparently their good for skin

Question about the etiquette in there, are you supposed to be naked or do you wear a towel? I don't really mind being nude I just don't want to look like a tard.

Yeah I was thinking the same. I personally wear shorts or a towel but I've seen my fair share of cock in there too.

Anythings fine whether it be clothed or naked. A lot of people just come in there for a couple minutes fully clothed to warm up before a workout.

My gym sauna is super small and specifically says no nudity

In my experience the older guys tend to go nude, younger guys usually wear a towel.

Finn here.
You're always supposed to go naked.

This. If you are not naked in a sauna, it's not a sauna.

>A lot of people just come in there for a couple minutes fully clothed to warm up before a workout.

I'm in the US, idk if it's the same

In the US because of OSHA there must be some kind of barrier between your asshole and the bench. I generally just sit on a towel, but that makes some people uncomfortable so I wrap it around myself when others are in. It's really up to preference, but most facilities will require you to at least sit on some kind of cloth.

I figured as much, guess I'll just head in with a towel and see what everyone else is doing

What's the optimal order of showering and sauna? Hot shower->sauna->cold shower?

most saunas here are garment-free by default.
Just wrap a towel around your waist and go inside.
You can sit like this or spread the towel out and sit on it, making sure no sweat drops on the wood.

Also, sauna is fucking god tier. You should definitely make use of it if accessible that easy

quick warm shower to get clean -> sauna -> cold shower

Did you want them in your mouf?

>not warming up the comfiest way possible

Another Finn here.

In public saunas you generally need to use a disposable butt sheet ( provided by the facility usually ) or bring your own ( like a regular small towel ).

Normally people here go naked but it's not that unusual for people to wear towels. I'd assume in 'murrica people would wear towels unless there's rules against that.

>A lot of people just come in there for a couple minutes fully clothed to warm up before a workout.

This is disgusting and these people need to be shot.

I go to a commercial gym and most people are fully clothed inside except for some guys who will take off their shirt

>This is disgusting and these people need to be shot.
Ei vitun jenkit saunaan lämmittelemään ennen urheilusuoritusta ei jumalauta.

>drenching your clothes in sweat for no reason
Wew

I don't like it after a normal gym workout but on rest days it feels great.

Anb a spurdo sparde to yuo ttwo :DDDDDDD

Saunas have been shown to increase levels of hgh your body produces if used consistently, also they will help your body improve its thermoregulation. In short saunas are fucking great for you

How do I find a place with a sauna? I can't seem to find a gym with one near me.

Wellness centres have saunas

Fucking kek

Do you have an LA fitness near you? Mine has one

Thousand years of social evolution thrown out of a window just so you can show your cock to other people.

>enjoying sauna alone in the morning after working out, as one does
>incredibly hot guy walks in
>have to leave
Saunas should have individual rooms

>finland
>social evolution
heh

maybe lol :)

Somewhat inspired by this thread I tried my gyms sauna today, went in with just a towel. At least in my part of the US (Southwest) etiquette seems to be wear a towel; there was a young guy in just shorts and an old guy in just a towel in there, so I kept my towel on.

It felt glorious btw

Glad I convinced you to see the light. Saunas are pure gold

The cold shower afterwards wae the real treat desu

>sauna thread
>no mention of zyzz

Fit is the shadow of its former self

>Dry sauna
>Signs everywhere saying not to dump water on the heater
>Tards do it literally every time i'm in there

>in the sauna with buddy after workout
>old fat guy walks in and takes a seat
>he feels compelled to break the silence
>starts talking about world championships for sauna-bathing
>of course the world champion is a finn
>goes on to tell us about a friend of his with his own private sauna
>how his friend would use it every friday after work along with a pack of beer
>sounds real comfy desu mr.
>tell us how once he passed out from the beer
>no one knew he was in the sauna
>passed out in the heat all night
>they find him in the morning burned to a crisp, long dead
>few seconds of contemplative silence
>my friend then asks
>hey wouldn't that make him the world champion?
>...

I passed out after improper rehydration after a sauna and hot bath.

What rules should I keep in mind to not do that again? I'm too nervous to use the sauna again, but I'd like to go back in the future.

I love the sauna at my gym.

Today I had a five minute cold shower, sat in the sauna for fifteen then finished it up with another cold shower. Felt fucking amazing for the rest of the day despite that fact I'm withdrawing from caffeine.

Let the past die.

>be user
>cold turkey cocaine
>quit drinking after spending 11k on booze in 2012
>haven't had a cig this year
>in a -1k calorie cut for 8th week
>see some faggot on my korean sudoku forum bitching about caffeine withdrawls

>lying anonymously

whatever helps you cope

Anyone with even a vague understanding of the mesolimbic pathway and nucleus accumbens knows you're full of shit.

Found the dickhead.

Who was bitching about caffeine withdrawals?

Pretty sure I was doing the opposite.

Are you saying that caffeine withdrawals aren't uncomfortable?

Maybe not, but definitely has something to prove anonymously.

We have ascended beyond your outdated norms

I bet you are fun at parties.

lol

>autism, the post

Try hydrating properly

>Hot showers are bad for you, you should take cold showers to boost your test instead.
>Saunas are fine though.
Veeky Forums ladies and gentlemen.

For one thing, a sauna and a hot shower are entirely different. For another thing, after a workout the effects can change and a warm shower can be more desirable (mostly since cold showers can hamper muscle growth and hypertrophy right after a workout, although they help with recovery)

>people just come in there for a couple minutes fully clothed to warm up before a workout.

Brainlet

Shameless homos here in Norway always sit naked with their legs spread, i use a towel because am not a degenerate infidel

Thanks mohammed