Just a reminder stretching and foam rolling Is a waste of time

Just a reminder stretching and foam rolling Is a waste of time.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7vw_vc_8K0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vthkcq_1D1M
m.youtube.com/watch?t=92s&v=pgL8GkzpNsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do i increase mobility

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W7vw_vc_8K0

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vthkcq_1D1M

m.youtube.com/watch?t=92s&v=pgL8GkzpNsw

For what?

“How do I get big”

>how do I get big
Lift
>how do I increase mobility
stretch??

Apparently that's not the answer. So what do

Ok what do you need mobility for ?

Moving

>stretching is a waste of time
What if I'm trying to get more flexible you idiot?

For what? To suck yourself off?

Moving what?

Flexibility is a must for martial arts

my body

putting my arms behind bar for squat
getting low on squat
torso rotation for golf swing, or oblique twist

Filtered

Enjoy tearing a muscle you gigantic faggot

>stretching of does not increase chance of muscular tear

Good meme

Ok not ever person is world does kung fu.

Literally none of those need much mobility

How about TKD / BJJ / capoeira / karate

K, like I said not everyone does those sports.

believed the same, then started stretching for the fuck of it just in case I go the opportunity to kick someone in the head.

then realized how much it helps with bent over exercises, rows and romanian dedlift improved dramatically, so there's that.

The only limiting factor people have with deadlifts are hamstrings; but shocker if you’re doing them right the eccentric protion will actually stretch your hamstrings.

What if I need more ankle mobility to squat deeper? What if I need more wrist mobility for a proper rack position?

your muscle needs to move to pull on things, they work in conjunction with each other to produce coordinated movements. Certain activities (including lifting) can lead to some muscles decreasing their functional ROM and impeding you from conducting these movements.
This is especially important for athletes but it applies to lifting as well.

but i neeed help!!!!!

Ok the you do some rack and ankle stretches, you don’t need to spend 3hours a week stretching and foam rolling.

So then you agree that stretching isn't a waste of time?

Funny thing is squatting, deadlifting, and pressing will increase mobility for squatting, deadlifting, and pressing.

It’s a waste If you’re spending tons of time on it, or think it will keep you from
Getting injured. For most people stretching is a waste of time, and foam rolling only lets a you “feel better”; but will not actually change the tissue structure.

how much gains can i get from moving goalposts?

marginally, if you're already inflexible you won't fix it without some stretching

Listen man, spending 3 mins stretching your Lats for the rack position, and ankles for the squat is nothing.

That’s like 10% of the population.

>Just a reminder stretching and foam rolling Is a waste of time.
you're a hyperbolic faggot

I have my doubts about foam rolling (unless someone has a shitload of scar tissue or something) but you don't know what's going on with the tissue

10% of the powerlifting population maybe, most people are stiff as fuck dude. Sitting in a chair all day will tighten the hell out of your legs.
Even with athletes tons of them are quad dominant (and as a result have tight quads and APT)

Yes I know, but I have to be when I’m
Calling out a general that’s gloyfying meme, plus how many people
Need to squat atg, or can’t get into a proper rack posting for front squats?

Compressiing tissues with foam will not change the “scar tissue”. Simple as that.

1. Do your warmup sets nice and slow, if you really really have to work on your stiff points.

2. Have people do lowbar squats.

it's more like compressing it between your bones and the foam, and soft tissue massage is a standard physical therapy technique, they usually use metal tools but the principle is the same.
Not sure how much good it does the average athlete though

More research does need to be done, but those massages induce shear force on the tissues, and as we agreed on before foam rolling is only compression.

TRIPFAG GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh I’m sorry I’m just trying to be helpful.